- AP source: Angel Di Maria accepts 4-year deal with PSG Updated: Aug-03-15 4:45 pm
PARIS - Manchester United winger Angel Di Maria will join Paris Saint-Germain on a four-year deal to become the second most expensive player in the French league history.
- Ronaldo, Benzema to miss preseason tournament Updated: Aug-03-15 9:32 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema will miss two preseason matches with Real Madrid after picking up injuries during training.
- Liverpool hopes for new era with Henderson at the helm Updated: Aug-03-15 9:27 am
When Liverpool walks out against Stoke at the Britannia Stadium on the opening day of the season, a new man will lead the way.
- Arsenal gets a new 'spine' as it gears up for new season Updated: Aug-03-15 7:44 am
LONDON - Arsenal will start the new season as it has done for the past few years, with at least one marquee signing and fans calling for even more star players to come in.
- Optimism at Man United tempered by absent striking quality Updated: Aug-03-15 7:02 am
MANCHESTER, England - For a club of Manchester United's standing, two years out of the Premier League title conversation is two too many.
- Russian club slams 'bigotry' by rival fans Updated: Aug-03-15 6:26 am
MOSCOW - Russian Premier League football team Anzhi Makhachkala has called for an end to "bigotry" in domestic football after its fans were abused by CSKA Moscow supporters.
- Sepp Blatter's term as IOC member ends Updated: Aug-03-15 2:11 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Outgoing FIFA president Sepp Blatter's 16-year term as an International Olympic Committee member ended Monday when he did not seek re-election.
- Flamengo held to 2-2 draw in front of record crowd in Rio Updated: Aug-02-15 10:11 pm
SAO PAULO - Flamengo relinquished a two-goal first-half lead in a 2-2 draw against Santos in the Brazilian league on Sunday, disappointing a record crowd of 61,421 at the Maracana Stadium.
- Accam, Maloney score, Fire beat FC Dallas 1-0 Updated: Aug-02-15 9:51 pm
- Accam, Maloney score, Fire beat FC Dallas 1-0 Updated: Aug-02-15 9:30 pm
- Portland Timbers, Earthquakes play to a scoreless draw Updated: Aug-02-15 7:46 pm
- Arsenal beats Chelsea 1-0 in Community Shield at Wembley Updated: Aug-02-15 2:44 pm
LONDON - Arsene Wenger finally earned his first win over Jose Mourinho on Sunday as Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's first-half goal gave Arsenal a 1-0 victory over Chelsea in the Community Shield.
- Kah scores 2 goals to lead Vancouver past Seattle, 3-0 Updated: Aug-02-15 1:50 am
SEATTLE - The Vancouver Whitecaps began two months of seeing their Cascadia rivals to the south with potentially their most impressive victory of the season.
- LA Galaxy ends road skid with 3-1 win at Colorado Updated: Aug-01-15 11:36 pm
- Dynamo score late for 1-1 draw with Sporting KC Updated: Aug-01-15 11:03 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Ricardo Clark scored for Houston on a header in the 78th minute and the Dynamo and Sporting Kansas City tied 1-1 Saturday night.
- Davies leads Revs over 10-man Toronto FC 3-1 Updated: Aug-01-15 10:05 pm
- Cyle Larin scores twice, Orlando City beats Crew 5-1 Updated: Aug-01-15 9:54 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Cyle Larin scored twice to help Orlando City beat the Columbus Crew 5-1 on Saturday night.
- United tops Real Salt Lake in wild affair, 6-4 Updated: Aug-01-15 9:45 pm
- Wright-Phillips brothers connect in Red Bulls' 3-1 win Updated: Aug-01-15 9:38 pm
- PSG beats Lyon 2-0 in French league curtain raiser Updated: Aug-01-15 5:29 pm
MONTREAL - Paris Saint-Germain won the Trophee des Champions for the second straight year 2-0 over Lyon on Saturday.
- Wolfsburg beats Bayern on penalties to win German Super Cup Updated: Aug-01-15 5:26 pm
WOLFSBURG, Germany - Substitute Nicklas Bendtner scored a late equalizer and converted the decisive penalty to give Wolfsburg the German Super Cup title over Bayern Munich on Saturday.
- Impact beat NYCFC 3-2 in Frank Lampard's MLS debut Updated: Aug-01-15 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - Ignacio Piatti scored a pair of goals and the Montreal Impact spoiled Frank Lampard's MLS debut with a 3-2 victory over New York City FC on Saturday.
- Zenit, CSKA win in Russian Premier League Updated: Aug-01-15 2:44 pm
MOSCOW - Russian Premier League title rivals Zenit St. Petersburg and CSKA Moscow won to stay on top of the table on Saturday.
- Stephan Beckenbauer, son of Franz, dies at 46 Updated: Aug-01-15 8:06 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says the son of former club great Franz Beckenbauer, Stephan, has died after a long illness. He was 46.
- Ex-coach rejoins Oklahoma City soccer team after acquittal Updated: Jul-31-15 6:29 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A former Oklahoma City soccer coach who was accused in the death of an off-duty police officer in England plans to rejoin the organization after he was cleared of all charges.