- Blatter awaiting fate after ethics committee investigation Updated: Oct-07-15 3:26 pm
LONDON - Sepp Blatter could be facing a 90-day suspension.
- South Sudan's WCup qualifying debut ended early by rain Updated: Oct-07-15 1:33 pm
South Sudan's debut in World Cup qualifying will have to be played over two days after it was abandoned after just 10 minutes because of heavy rain on Wednesday with the score 1-1 against Mauritania.
- Injured Insigne out of Italy squad; Bonaventura called up Updated: Oct-07-15 11:00 am
FLORENCE, Italy - Napoli forward Lorenzo Insigne pulled out of the Italy squad with a knee injury on Wednesday, depriving coach Antonio Conte of a player who has been in sparkling form recently.
- Proposed NFL stadium in St. Louis secures naming rights deal Updated: Oct-07-15 9:55 am
ST. LOUIS - The proposed riverfront stadium in St. Louis has a naming rights deal worth $158 million that hinges on the city having an NFL team when the facility opens.
- Ugandan soccer federation investigated for money laundering Updated: Oct-07-15 8:35 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - The Ugandan soccer federation is being investigated by the country's financial crimes authority for money laundering.
- FIFA presidential contender Chung calls Blatter 'hypocrite' Updated: Oct-07-15 7:48 am
LONDON - FIFA presidential contender Chung Mong-joon called Sepp Blatter a "hypocrite and a liar" on Wednesday and said he is planning to sue the outgoing president for at least $100 million.
- Former France goalkeeper Dominique Dropsy dies aged 63 Updated: Oct-07-15 5:13 am
PARIS - Former France goalkeeper Dominique Dropsy has died. He was 63.
- After defying quit calls, Blatter mediates between FAs Updated: Oct-06-15 6:54 pm
ZURICH - After defying pleas from FIFA sponsors to quit immediately, President Sepp Blatter is continuing regular business at soccer's governing body, presiding over a dispute between football federations on Tuesday.
- Japan under pressure in Asian World Cup qualification Updated: Oct-06-15 6:51 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - On a night of big games in Asia, Japan will be under the most pressure as a defeat to Syria in their 2018 World Cup qualifier on Thursday would cast doubt on its chances of making it to Russia.
- Klopp could return to take over at Liverpool Updated: Oct-06-15 5:59 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Juergen Klopp appears to be close to taking over as Liverpool manager.
- Former West Germany great Gerd Mueller has Alzheimer's Updated: Oct-06-15 4:09 pm
MUNICH - Former West Germany and Bayern Munich great Gerd Mueller has Alzheimer's disease.
- South Sudan starts unlikely quest to reach 2018 World Cup Updated: Oct-06-15 3:20 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - A month after celebrating its first win in a competitive game, South Sudan will make its debut in World Cup qualifying on Wednesday as Africa's lowest-ranked countries begin their quests to reach soccer's biggest tournament.
- Spanish prosecutors call for arrest of Messi's father Updated: Oct-06-15 10:17 am
MADRID - Barcelona prosecutors are calling for the arrest of Lionel Messi's father in a tax fraud case.
- Spain defender Sergio Ramos to miss European qualifiers Updated: Oct-06-15 8:43 am
MADRID - Defender Sergio Ramos will miss Spain's last two European Championship qualifiers because of an injured shoulder.
- Defender Janmaat latest name on Netherlands' injury list Updated: Oct-06-15 5:37 am
AMSTERDAM - Newcastle defender Daryl Janmaat has pulled out of the Netherlands squad for the final two European Championship qualifiers with a knee injury.
- Chung says he is facing lengthy FIFA suspension Updated: Oct-06-15 3:00 am
SEOUL, South Korea - FIFA presidential contender Chung Mong-joon said Tuesday he is facing a 19-year suspension by the ethics committee of the world football body for alleged ethics breaches surrounding South Korea's failed bid for the 2022 World Cup, and also for openly criticizing the committee.
- Cameron Carter-Vickers shines on soccer field for US Updated: Oct-06-15 2:03 am
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - His father had an accurate shot. So does United States defender Cameron Carter-Vickers.
- A-League looks to continue fan growth in its 11th season Updated: Oct-05-15 10:19 pm
SYDNEY - Australian football's A-League opens its 11th season Thursday hoping to continue surging audience growth while wrestling with player discontent and financial crises affecting some clubs.
- Liverpool gives up on Rodgers experiment, but maybe too soon Updated: Oct-05-15 1:12 pm
There are two schools of thought regarding how Brendan Rodgers will be remembered at Liverpool.
- Mourinho charged by English FA after getting Chelsea backing Updated: Oct-05-15 1:03 pm
LONDON - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was charged by England's Football Association on Monday for accusing Premier League referees of being biased against his team, hours after he was given public backing by the club following its disappointing start to the season.
- Injuries force changes to Spain squad to face Luxembourg Updated: Oct-05-15 1:00 pm
MADRID - Injuries have forced Spain coach Vicente del Bosque to call up three replacements as his squad prepares for its last two European Championship qualifying matches against Luxembourg and Ukraine.
- Madrid defender Dani Carvajal out with ankle ligament injury Updated: Oct-05-15 11:14 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says its defender Dani Carvajal injured his right ankle during the 1-1 league draw at Atletico Madrid.
- British footballer convicted of rape granted appeal Updated: Oct-05-15 9:18 am
LONDON - A former Premier League player who was convicted of rape has had his case referred to England's Court of Appeal following a review.
- Lacazette replaces Ntep in France squad Updated: Oct-05-15 8:11 am
PARIS - Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette has been called up for France's upcoming friendly matches against Armenia and Denmark as a replacement for the injured Paul-Georges Ntep.
- UEFA charges Lokomotiv Moscow over racist fan chants Updated: Oct-05-15 8:07 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has opened racism proceedings against Lokomotiv Moscow over fan chants at a Europa League game.