- Hopes for Singapore resurgence as Malaysian partnership ends Updated: Nov-26-15 8:07 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Fifty years ago Malaysian and Singapore parted ways to form two separate countries, a decision that helped to kick start the economic miracle that subsequently took place in the Lion City.
- Kane goal leads Tottenham into Europa League last-32 Updated: Nov-26-15 6:04 pm
GENEVA - Liverpool, Tottenham and Schalke, all former winners of the UEFA Cup, advanced to the Europa League last-32 on Thursday.
- Nagbe's year: Citizenship, playoffs and the US national team Updated: Nov-26-15 3:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Things couldn't be better for Darlington Nagbe.
- Del Nero quits FIFA executive committee; Sarney takes over Updated: Nov-26-15 3:07 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Brazilian Football Confederation said its president Marco Polo del Nero stepped down Thursday from FIFA's executive committee and will be replaced by Fernando Sarney.
- Hamburg voters to decide on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Nov-26-15 1:33 pm
HAMBURG, Germany - Leaders of Hamburg's bid for the 2024 Olympics hope that a soccer scandal, unsettled costs and fear of attacks won't dissuade voters from backing the German port city's candidacy on Sunday.
- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization Updated: Nov-26-15 12:01 pm
GENEVA - FIFA's unethical weakness for luxury watches earned a windfall for a soccer charity working in Brazil.
- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League Updated: Nov-26-15 11:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - A glance at the top of Europe's big leagues tells a mostly familiar story after a third of the season.
- Vardy takes unlikely route to Premier League record book Updated: Nov-26-15 11:37 am
Jamie Vardy's unconventional route to the English Premier League's record book began with heartbreaking rejection from his hometown club at 16 and back-breaking work in a carbon-fiber factory.
- Troyes facing tall order away to runaway leader PSG Updated: Nov-26-15 8:56 am
PARIS - With his job already hanging by a thread, Troyes coach Jean-Marc Furlan must have watched with trepidation as Paris Saint-Germain's attack ripped through the heart of Malmo's defense in the Champions League on Wednesday night. PSG won 5-0 and could have scored several more.
- UEFA confirms steroid positive test in Dinamo Zagreb case Updated: Nov-26-15 8:43 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has confirmed that Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Arijan Ademi was banned after testing positive for the anabolic steroid stanozolol.
- Time change for soccer final in Tunisia following attack Updated: Nov-26-15 7:50 am
CAIRO - Tunisian organizers have been allowed to change the kickoff time for a continental cup final this weekend to give fans the chance to attend after a state of emergency was declared and a curfew imposed because of Tuesday's deadly bomb attack.
- French authorities extend ban on traveling soccer fans Updated: Nov-26-15 7:10 am
PARIS - French authorities have extended a measure banning away fans from attending soccer matches in the wake of the Paris attacks.
- Napoli forward Higuain following in Maradona's footsteps Updated: Nov-26-15 6:59 am
MILAN - Napoli forward Gonzalo Higuain will have an added incentive in his side's top-of-the-table clash at home to Inter Milan on Monday.
- Madrid in mayhem heads north to face tiny but tough Eibar Updated: Nov-26-15 6:34 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafa Benitez probably never imagined that Sunday's match at Eibar would be a critical test for his coaching credentials at Real Madrid.
- Hertha next to try halt Bayern Munich's Bundesliga charge Updated: Nov-26-15 6:00 am
BERLIN - Bayern Munich's dominance in the Bundesliga has German football fans looking elsewhere for drama with the race for European places and relegation battles providing the lion's share of excitement.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Atletico beats Galatasaray 2-0, advances in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 6:15 pm
MADRID - Antoine Griezmann scored a goal in each half as Atletico Madrid comfortably defeated Galatasaray 2-0 on Wednesday to advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League for the third straight season.
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV Updated: Nov-25-15 6:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's Champions League ambitions were plunged into doubt after a 0-0 home draw against PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday that highlighted the English team's attacking shortcomings under manager Louis van Gaal.
- Juventus beats Man City 1-0 to join it in knockout stage Updated: Nov-25-15 5:46 pm
TURIN, Italy - Juventus advanced to the knockout stages of the Champions League and moved above Manchester City into top spot in Group D, with a 1-0 win over the Premier League side on Wednesday.
- PSG routs Malmo 5-0, advances in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 5:33 pm
MALMO, Sweden - Angel Di Maria scored twice as Paris Saint-Germain crushed Malmo 5-0 on Wednesday and secured a spot in the knockout stage of the Champions League.
- Moenchengladbach beats Sevilla 4-2 in Champions League Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
MOENCHENGLADBACH, Germany - Lars Stindl scored twice as Borussia Moenchengladbach defeated Sevilla 4-2 on Wednesday to eliminate the visiting side from the Champions League and boost its own chances of playing in the Europa League.
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3 Updated: Nov-25-15 5:21 pm
LVIV, Ukraine - Cristiano Ronaldo scored two goals and set up two more as Real Madrid weathered a late Shakhtar Donetsk revival to win 4-3 in the Champions League on Wednesday.
- Schuerrle steers Wolfsburg to 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow Updated: Nov-25-15 5:02 pm
KHIMKI, Russia - Andre Schuerrle scored one goal and made the other as Wolfsburg beat CSKA Moscow 2-0 on Wednesday in the Champions League.
- Jimenez double rescues draw for Benfica at Astana Updated: Nov-25-15 4:56 pm
ASTANA, Kazakhstan - Raul Jimenez scored twice to haul Benfica back from two goals down and earn a 2-2 draw with FC Astana in the Champions League on Wednesday.
- Lead architect picked for pro soccer stadium in St. Paul Updated: Nov-25-15 4:46 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A design firm specializing in sports arenas has been selected as the lead architect for the new professional soccer stadium in St. Paul.