- Henry, Sam lead Red Bulls past Union 2-1 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:03 pm
- Bale leads Madrid 2-1 past Barca for Copa del Rey Updated: Apr-16-14 9:03 pm
- Atlanta lands MLS expansion team for 2017 Updated: Apr-16-14 8:42 pm
- Real Madrid wins 19th Copa del Rey title Updated: Apr-16-14 7:42 pm
- Man City slips further out of title contention Updated: Apr-16-14 6:54 pm
- Crystal Palace beat Everton 3-2 to dent UCL hopes Updated: Apr-16-14 6:49 pm
- City's title hopes hit with 2-2 draw vs Sunderland Updated: Apr-16-14 6:40 pm
- Bayern beats Kaiserslautern 5-1 Updated: Apr-16-14 5:13 pm
- New chief but few changes at Brazilian federation Updated: Apr-16-14 4:31 pm
- Pohang into 2nd round in Asian Champions League Updated: Apr-16-14 3:36 pm
- Soccer coming to Bravo, Syfy, Oxygen, CNBC, E! Updated: Apr-16-14 1:09 pm
- Liverpool boosted by diagnosis of Sturridge injury Updated: Apr-16-14 12:18 pm
- Wolfsburg's Malanda to miss rest of season Updated: Apr-16-14 9:05 am
- Sociedad coach Arrasate extends contract Updated: Apr-16-14 6:26 am
- Atlanta soccer announcement planned Wednesday Updated: Apr-16-14 5:44 am
- Belgium coach Wilmots extends contract by 4 years Updated: Apr-16-14 4:23 am
- 6 residents, 2 firefighters, hurt in Chicago fire Updated: Apr-15-14 10:52 pm
- CONCACAF disciplines Cruz Azul for altercation Updated: Apr-15-14 9:35 pm
- Atletico Mineiro backs off deal to sign Anelka Updated: Apr-15-14 7:48 pm
- Arsenal beats West Ham 3-1 in Premier League Updated: Apr-15-14 5:53 pm
- Tickets for two-thirds of World Cup games sold out Updated: Apr-15-14 4:38 pm
- MLS fines Crew defender Gonzalez for embellishment Updated: Apr-15-14 3:42 pm
- Prandelli wary of putting pressure on Rossi Updated: Apr-15-14 2:17 pm
- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Memorial service marks Hillsborough anniversary Updated: Apr-15-14 12:47 pm
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale filled the void left by the injured Cristiano Ronaldo, sealing Real Madrid's 19th Copa del Rey title with a late goal in Wednesday's 2-1 win over Barcelona.
ATLANTA - Arthur Blank donned traditional soccer garb to mark his newest venture - an MLS team for Atlanta.
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale raced down the field, avoided a defender and rolled the ball under goalkeeper Jose Pinto in the 90th minute, giving Real Madrid a 2-1 win over Barcelona on Wednesday night and its 19th Copa del Rey title.
MANCHESTER, England - The Premier League trophy could be out of reach for Manchester City after a 2-2 home draw with last-placed Sunderland on Wednesday that capped a demoralizing four days for title chasers.
LIVERPOOL, England - Crystal Palace dented Everton's hopes of Champions League football next season following a 3-2 away win in the English Premier League on Wednesday.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's hopes of winning the Premier League took a big hit with a 2-2 draw at home to last-place Sunderland on Wednesday, with the title chasers needing an 88th-minute goal from Samir Nasri to earn a point.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Title holder Bayern Munich cruised to its 20th German Cup final by beating second-division Kaiserslautern 5-1 on Wednesday.
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian football federation elected a new president on Wednesday, although little is changing at the helm of the organization.
OSAKA, Japan - South Korean club Pohang Steelers beat Japan's Cerezo Osaka 2-0 to secure a second-round spot in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Soccer is coming to some U.S. television networks better known for reality shows, dramas or financial news.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool's Premier League title hopes have been boosted by a positive injury prognosis on striker Daniel Sturridge.
WOLFSBURG, Germany - Wolfsburg midfielder Junior Malanda will miss the remaining four matches in the Bundesliga after damaging ligaments in his right knee in the 2-0 German Cup loss at Borussia Dortmund.
SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain - Real Sociedad manager Jagoba Arrasate has agreed to a two-year contract extension that will keep him at the Basque club until the end of the 2015-16 season.
ATLANTA - Major League Soccer and Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank and Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed plan a "major announcement" Wednesday on a proposed expansion team to play in Atlanta's new downtown stadium.
BRUSSELS - The Belgian federation has extended the contract of coach Marc Wilmots to the 2018 World Cup after he led the Red Devils to their first finals in a dozen years.
CHICAGO - Two Chicago firefighters and a police officer were among eight people injured when a fire engulfed a two-story frame building on the city's South Side.
MIAMI - CONCACAF has fined Mexican club Cruz Azul FC and penalized goaltender Jesus Corona for an altercation involving Club Tijuana following a Champions League semifinal match last Wednesday.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro said Tuesday that it will not sign former France striker Nicolas Anelka because the player took too long to report to the club.
LONDON - Lukas Podolski scored twice as Arsenal came from a goal down to beat West Ham 3-1 in the Premier League on Tuesday and provisionally reclaim the last Champions League spot.
SAO PAULO - Tickets for nearly two-thirds of the World Cup matches were sold out within hours of FIFA opening the final online sales phase on Tuesday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The MLS disciplinary committee has fined Columbus Crew defender Giancarlo Gonzalez an undisclosed amount for embellishment intended to deceive the referee.
FLORENCE, Italy - Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is hopeful of taking Giuseppe Rossi to the World Cup in Brazil but is wary of putting pressure on the young forward as he recovers from injury.
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
LIVERPOOL, England - Scarves donated by football clubs across the world were laid out in the center circle at Anfield, forming the shape of the number "96" beneath a clear blue sky.