- Report: SC faces shortfall of college grads Updated: Mar-07-14 9:58 am
- University of Delaware ends winter commencements Updated: Mar-07-14 6:34 am
- Student uses graduation cap to bring in $5,400 Updated: Mar-06-14 9:20 am
- Marshall sets 'Countdown to Commencement' days Updated: Mar-06-14 3:06 am
- Person: GM chief Barra at Michigan commencement Updated: Mar-05-14 4:33 pm
- Bloomberg to speak at Harvard graduation Updated: Mar-05-14 11:40 am
- Fla. bill addresses low nursing school test scores Updated: Mar-05-14 11:14 am
- University of Missouri suspends art program Updated: Feb-28-14 10:09 am
- US Rep. John Lewis to speak at Emory commencement Updated: Feb-27-14 4:07 am
- Kansas innovative school districts selected Updated: Feb-26-14 3:13 pm
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Feb-25-14 1:29 pm
- Mississippi editorial roundup Updated: Feb-25-14 12:02 pm
- Ex-presidential adviser to address Loyola grads Updated: Feb-25-14 4:06 am
- Ohio governor ties higher ed funding to graduation Updated: Feb-24-14 7:56 pm
- UAS hopes for recruitment boost from dorm Updated: Feb-23-14 5:38 am
- W.Va. capital city drug court to send off grads Updated: Feb-20-14 2:49 am
- Minn. posts highest graduation rate in a decade Updated: Feb-19-14 5:55 pm
- Board looks at Fla. school standards, grading Updated: Feb-18-14 3:41 pm
- John Legend to give commencement address at Penn Updated: Feb-18-14 3:25 pm
- Penn State's Bryce Jordan to close for summer fix Updated: Feb-18-14 8:43 am
- Report: On-time college graduation low in Ind. Updated: Feb-18-14 12:01 am
- Graduation requirements locked in by Senate bill Updated: Feb-15-14 6:43 pm
- 620 city seniors haven't met NECAP requirement Updated: Feb-12-14 4:31 pm
- Scholarships may deter students from tough classes Updated: Feb-12-14 3:31 pm
- Ill. schools among top for Peace Corps volunteers Updated: Feb-12-14 6:41 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A new report says South Carolina faces a shortfall of college educated workers over the next 15 years or so.
NEWARK, Delaware - The University of Delaware is discontinuing winter commencement ceremonies, citing low participation.
FLINT, Michigan - A University of Michigan-Flint senior has taken a chunk out of his tuition debt by selling ad space on his graduation cap.
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Marshall University has set aside two days for spring graduates to take care of some details ahead of the May commencement ceremonies.
DETROIT - A person familiar with the event says that new General Motors chief executive Mary Barra is expected to speak at the University of Michigan's spring commencement in May.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Billionaire businessman and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has been selected to speak at Harvard University's 2014 commencement exercises, the university announced Wednesday.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Plummeting test scores among Florida nursing school graduates has prompted some legislators to propose a bill that would tighten the qualifications for nursing programs.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri has suspended its undergraduate art education program for the coming year because of a continuing lack of students.
ATLANTA - Civil rights icon and U.S. Congressman John Lewis is scheduled to speak at Emory University's graduation ceremony.
TOPEKA, Kansas - Concordia and McPherson school districts were granted innovative status Wednesday, freeing the two rural Kansas districts from state laws as they pursue certain education goals.
Star Tribune of Minneapolis, Feb. 24
Recent editorials from Mississippi newspapers:
NEW ORLEANS - A former adviser to four presidents will address graduates at Loyola University New Orleans' spring commencement.
MEDINA, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) has announced a plan to tie higher education funding to course completion and graduation rates at the state's publicly funded colleges and universities.
JUNEAU, Alaska - With a new 120-bed residence hall under construction, the University of Alaska Southeast hopes to attract and retain more traditional, full-time freshmen and boost its retention and graduation rates.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - It's graduation day for the adult drug court in Kanawha County.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Department of Education says the graduation rate for Minnesota high school students is the highest it's been in a decade.
ORLANDO, Florida - Florida education officials on Tuesday tried to end a long-simmering debate over what its school standards should be and how schools should be graded.
PHILADELPHIA - Nine-time Grammy winner John Legend will likely give a lift to graduates of the University of Pennsylvania this spring.
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State's Bryce Jordan Center will close for roof and floor repairs following commencement exercises on May 10 and won't reopen until Aug. 16, when another graduation ceremony is scheduled for students who finish their degrees over the summer.
INDIANAPOLIS - Most full-time college students in Indiana do not graduate on time, according to a new report that looks at whether people are completing college and how long it's taking them.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The Senate has approved a proposal to provide more certainty to high school students about their graduation requirements.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - More than 600 Providence high school seniors haven't yet met a new NECAP graduation requirement in math, reading or both.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Educators worry that lottery-backed scholarships tied to grades are deterring South Carolina's top students from taking advanced courses in their senior year of high school.
CHICAGO - Several Illinois universities are among the institutions that send the most volunteers to serve in the Peace Corps.