- University of Nevada, Reno to up security at graduation Updated: Dec-01-15 12:09 pm
RENO, Nevada - The University of Nevada, Reno says it will be increasing security at Saturday's winter graduation ceremony in response to current world events.
- Local free community college plans may be template for US Updated: Nov-27-15 12:35 pm
CHICAGO - An economic engine. A jumpstart for lower-income students. A partnership with businesses to groom a workforce. The idea of free community college has been touted as all these, by President Barack Obama, Democratic presidential candidates, and some Republicans.
- Board to use $2M grant to help increase graduation rates Updated: Nov-24-15 12:00 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Board of Regents says it will invest a $2 million grant received from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation into programs that will help increase graduation rates, especially among first-generation and low-income students.
- Pa. House votes to delay graduation exams for 2 more years Updated: Nov-23-15 4:18 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The state House is giving its approval to a plan to delay for two years a set of mandatory tests for Pennsylvania students before they can graduate high school.
- Nebraska high school graduation rate dips slightly in 2015 Updated: Nov-20-15 11:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - State education officials say Nebraska's public high school graduation rate dipped slightly this year, to about 89 percent.
- 25 trooper cadets graduate from patrol academy Updated: Nov-19-15 7:09 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - More than two dozen state troopers have been sworn in at a ceremony at the Washington Capitol.
- California Editorial Roundup Updated: Nov-18-15 12:53 pm
- Bill OK'd to include financial course in diploma requirement Updated: Nov-05-15 2:55 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A bill going to Gov. Rick Snyder's desk would let students meet a high school graduation requirement by completing a financial literacy course.
- Mississippi proficiency levels dip, as expected, on new test Updated: Nov-05-15 11:11 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Nearly half of Mississippi high school students met or exceeded expectations in English last year, while about 27 percent did so in algebra I, according to test results released Thursday.
- Basketball graduation rate at UConn at 20 percent, improving Updated: Nov-04-15 3:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The NCAA is reporting that UConn's men's basketball team has a graduation rate of just 20 percent, by far the lowest among the teams in the preseason Top 25.
- NCAA: College athletes breaking records in graduation rates Updated: Nov-04-15 1:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Clemson jumped to the top of the class in the first College Football Playoff rankings.