- Chamberlain school board votes against honor song Updated: Dec-10-13 12:17 am
- Disparity in graduation rates for bowl-bound teams Updated: Dec-09-13 2:54 pm
- Springfield studying new graduation requirements Updated: Dec-09-13 1:35 pm
- Gabbard to speak at HPU graduation Updated: Dec-09-13 10:50 am
- Kansas State to graduate more than 1,800 students Updated: Dec-09-13 5:05 am
- Marshall, FSU, W.Va. State to hold commencements Updated: Dec-09-13 2:07 am
- New Mexico's high school graduation rate improves Updated: Dec-08-13 1:38 pm
- Organization helps Philly teens succeed in college Updated: Dec-07-13 11:27 am
- Justices to speak at USM graduation Dec. 13 Updated: Dec-07-13 10:50 am
- Chemical industry leader to address Nicholls grads Updated: Dec-07-13 4:40 am
- Nearly 1,400 to earn degrees at MSU Updated: Dec-06-13 5:07 am
- NJ high school graduation rate edges up Updated: Dec-04-13 1:49 pm
- Pa. school remembers student shot over headphones Updated: Dec-04-13 12:25 pm
- McCaskill to speak at SEMO commencement Updated: Dec-04-13 5:19 am
- Incarcerated women to earn Lipscomb degrees Updated: Dec-04-13 4:06 am
- 1 of state's top schools in Coeur d'Alene Updated: Dec-01-13 7:01 pm
- Academic emphasis improves school Updated: Nov-30-13 12:56 pm
- College application process intimidating to some Updated: Nov-30-13 4:25 am
- Early ceremony honors WMU student fighting cancer Updated: Nov-30-13 4:15 am
- Portland, Maine graduation requirements examined Updated: Nov-28-13 5:06 am
- Nicholls' athletes graduating at high rate Updated: Nov-26-13 6:15 am
- Texas Board of Ed votes to drop algebra II mandate Updated: Nov-21-13 9:01 pm
- ND Board: new admissions plan might need tweaking Updated: Nov-21-13 8:07 pm
- State panel OKs tougher Pa. graduation standards Updated: Nov-21-13 6:33 pm
- Dykes hopes to mirror Stanford's turnaround at Cal Updated: Nov-19-13 6:24 pm
CHAMBERLAIN, South Dakota - The Chamberlain School Board again rejected a request Monday night to include a traditional Lakota honor song in the high school graduation ceremony.
A study of this year's bowl-bound schools reveals they are graduating white players at a significantly higher percentage than African-American players.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - The Springfield school district is discussing how to make high school more challenging, with a goal of improving the students' chances of succeeding after graduation.
HONOLULU - Hawaii Pacific University has invited U.S Rep. Tulsi Gabbard to give the keynote address at graduation ceremonies Dec. 18.
MANHATTAN, Kansas - More than 1,800 students will receive their degrees from Kansas State University later this week.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Winter commencement ceremonies are set at Marshall, Fairmont State and West Virginia State universities.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's high school graduation rate improved during the last school year, but the state remains near the bottom in national rankings when compared with rates from other states.
PHILADELPHIA - For Ashley Trawick, the dilemma was purely academic.
HATTESBURG, Mississippi - Mississippi Supreme Court Justice James W. Kitchens and Randy Pierce will speak at graduation exercises Dec. 13 at the University of Southern Mississippi.
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Dan BornÃ©, president of the Louisiana Chemical Association and the Louisiana Chemical Industry Alliance, will deliver the keynote address at graduation ceremonies Dec. 14 at Nicholls State University.
SPRINGFIELD, Missouri - Nearly 1,400 students will receive degrees at winter commencement ceremonies for Missouri State University.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's high school graduation rate has edged up for the second year in a row.
PHILADELPHIA - Staff and students at a suburban Philadelphia high school are fondly remembering a graduate allegedly killed by someone trying to steal his headphones.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Missouri - Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill will deliver the winter commencement address when 740 students graduate at Southeast Missouri State University on Dec. 21.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Lipscomb University is preparing a graduation ceremony for associate's degree earners at the Tennessee Prison for Women.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - From the outside, the Coeur d'Alene Charter Academy, built in two former commercial buildings in a non-descript industrial corner of town, hardly fits the prototype for a school that consistently ranks among the best in the state.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Dean Cress had it made. Twice.
WASHINGTON - Sometimes, all it takes is a $7 burrito gift card to get high school seniors to submit their college applications early.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A Muskegon man who has battled brain cancer for several years while working toward a degree at Western Michigan University has graduated in a private ceremony at the school.
PORTLAND, Maine - A group of Maine administrators, students and parents are preparing to consider changes to the graduation requirements for Portland public high school students.
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A new report shows Nicholls State's athletes graduating at a rate of 73 percent, which is up five percent from a year ago putting the Colonels fourth overall in the Southland Conference while finishing first among league schools in Louisiana.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Board of Education gave preliminary approval Thursday to dropping algebra II as a requirement for high school graduation, over the objections of critics who say the state is watering down its academic standards.
FARGO, North Dakota - State Board of Higher Education members expressed concern Thursday that a proposed plan to improve North Dakota college graduation rates might set the admissions bar so high that it would exclude students who could have succeeded, particularly at the state's two research universities.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Regulations that will set tougher standards for Pennsylvania students in order to graduate from high school won a near-final vote of approval Thursday from a state panel that decides whether such rules are in the public's interest.
BERKELEY, California - The TEDx Talk that Stanford coach David Shaw gave earlier this year about turning a prestigious academic university into a football powerhouse resonated with many of his colleagues around the country. Perhaps surprisingly, even Sonny Dykes watched the presentation to see how he could use the same concepts at rival California.