- Lincoln University speaker cites authors without attribution Updated: May-25-15 11:44 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A motivational speaker used similar or identical phrasing from passages by Mark Twain and poet Berton Braley without attribution during her 2015 commencement speech at Missouri's Lincoln University earlier this month, according to a newspaper report.
- Redford to college graduates: World needs you; be fearless Updated: May-24-15 9:20 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - Two-time Academy Award winner Robert Redford is encouraging college graduates to be fearless in a world of challenges and to become collaborators with others and the environment to overcome life's daunting difficulties.
- Kenai Christian academy graduates 1 senior Updated: May-24-15 4:57 pm
KENAI, Alaska - Wings Christian Academy, based in Kenai's Immanuel Baptist Church, held a graduation ceremony for Tyler Ophus, its sole departing senior.
- New Mexico graduating more in liberal arts than tech Updated: May-24-15 4:51 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico's major universities may not be turning out graduates in science and mathematics at a rate fast enough for employers in those fields, according to recent data.
- Brown hands out 2,530 degrees at its 247th commencement Updated: May-24-15 4:24 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - It was a big day for graduates of Brown University.
- New graduate fights serious illness with hope, humor Updated: May-24-15 2:17 pm
CANTON, Missouri - Now that he has graduated from Culver-Stockton College, Kegan Sill is ready to move on with hope and humor as he faces the next chapter of life with a daunting challenge.
- Arkansas graduation rates rise as students step up pace Updated: May-24-15 2:12 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The number of degree seekers at Arkansas' public universities remains steady, but those students are graduating more quickly than in the past.
- 57th graduate in long family line at school could be last Updated: May-24-15 1:01 pm
REGENT, North Dakota - A 19-year-old graduating this weekend is the last of a long family line at a small North Dakota high school - at least for the time being.
- Actor Jack Black gives commencement speech at Florida school Updated: May-24-15 11:14 am
MONTVERDE, Florida - Actor Jack Black gave some tongue-in-cheek advice to high school graduates in central Florida.
- Writer Julia Alvarez to speak at Middlebury commencement Updated: May-24-15 10:01 am
MIDDLEBURY, Vermont - Writer and National Medal of the Arts recipient Julia Alvarez is delivering Middlebury College's commencement address.
- Ala. military mom surprises son during graduation ceremony Updated: May-23-15 3:56 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - An Alabama military veteran surprised her son by meeting him on stage during his graduation ceremony in Tuscaloosa.
- 82-year-old woman graduates from South Pittsburg High School Updated: May-23-15 3:35 pm
SOUTH PITTSBURG, Tennessee - An 82-year-old woman was among the graduates to receive a diploma from South Pittsburg High School this week.
- Last of 6 brothers gets degree from Bowdoin College Updated: May-23-15 3:08 pm
BOWDOIN, Maine - The last of six brothers has received his degree from Bowdoin College.
- Waterbury teachers seek to help underprivileged students Updated: May-23-15 3:04 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Several years ago, Marcos Pacheco Hernandez was known as the toughest kid at Kennedy High School.
- De Niro tells NY arts graduates 'You have to keep working' Updated: May-22-15 4:26 pm
NEW YORK - Robert De Niro urged new graduates at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts on Friday to keep fighting to create careers in the arts even though it probably would have been easier if they had picked something more practical.
- 'Judge Judy' delivers speech to Shiprock High School grads Updated: May-22-15 2:56 pm
SHIPROCK, New Mexico - The host of the daytime television court show, "Judge Judy," delivered the commencement speech at this year's Shiprock High School graduation.
- Biden discusses Asia-Pacific region at Navy graduation Updated: May-22-15 1:16 pm
- Extra security, protest planned for graduation in Valdosta Updated: May-22-15 9:58 am
VALDOSTA, Georgia - Authorities say they will provide extra security during graduation ceremonies this weekend at the Valdosta high school where a student was found dead in a rolled-up gym mat more than two years ago.
- TN not far from 90 percent high school graduation goal Updated: May-22-15 9:50 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee is coming close to reaching the national goal of a 90 percent high school graduation rate by 2020.
- Student loses bid to wear eagle feather on graduation cap Updated: May-21-15 3:51 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A Tulsa federal judge has ruled that an American Indian student at Caney Valley High School can't wear an eagle feather on her graduation cap.
- Program gives students a head start toward college Updated: May-21-15 12:58 pm
STANFIELD, Oregon - High school graduation usually marks the beginning of a new journey, but for most Stanfield students graduating Sunday the transition from high school to college won't seem like much of a transition at all.
- State Senate approves performance-based funding for colleges Updated: May-21-15 12:51 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate wants to tie new state aid for public colleges to the schools' performance.
- 65 graduate from Florida Highway Patrol's training academy Updated: May-21-15 6:14 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida Highway Patrol has 65 new troopers.
- 5 Wyoming men's basketball seniors receive diplomas Updated: May-20-15 3:52 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming's senior class proved historic in March.
- Civics test would be required to graduate high school Updated: May-19-15 8:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's budget committee wants to require Wisconsin high school students to pass the civics portion of the U.S. citizenship test to graduate despite misgivings from educators.