- Succession plan set for Ilitch-owned teams, other holdings Updated: May-06-16 5:56 am
DETROIT - Mike and Marian Ilitch say one of their sons will eventually take the helm of sports, business and entertainment holdings that include the Detroit Tigers and Red Wings, Little Caesars pizza and MotorCity Casino Hotel.
- Council votes not to sell street for potential Seattle arena Updated: May-02-16 10:55 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's City Council on Monday voted not to vacate a stretch of road where an investor aiming to bring an NBA team to the city hopes to eventually build an arena that could house it.
- LGBT anti-discrimination employment bill advances in Senate Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Senators advanced a proposal to ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, moments after an initial vote appeared to stall the measure in committee.
- Downtown stadium proposed as part of Detroit MLS bid Updated: Apr-27-16 9:09 pm
DETROIT - Major League Soccer is eyeing the site of a suspended jail project as a possible home for a new soccer team in Detroit, part of a massive downtown development that would be built in the same area where the Tigers, Lions and Red Wings play.
- Pete Rose has MLB OK to appear at Triple-A Rochester NY game Updated: Apr-22-16 6:43 pm
Pete Rose has been granted yet another break from his lifetime ban from Major League Baseball.
- Senate OKs bill to promote wide variety of energy sources Updated: Apr-20-16 4:41 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate overwhelmingly approved a far-reaching energy bill Wednesday that reflects significant changes in U.S. oil and natural gas production over the past decade and boosts alternative energy sources such as wind and solar power.
- Senators call on Obama to investigate sexual assault cases Updated: Apr-19-16 11:35 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Barack Obama is being urged by two U.S. senators to investigate whether the Pentagon misled Congress with information about sexual assault cases in an effort to undercut support for a Senate bill that senior military officials steadfastly oppose.
- Photo Gallery: NBA to sell ads on jerseys Updated: Apr-15-16 6:32 pm
For Sale By Owners: a valuable patch of basketball real estate on television every night.
- Senators demand Army explain why no hunt for alleged rapist Updated: Apr-06-16 2:43 pm
WASHINGTON - Two U.S. senators are demanding that the Army's top civilian official explain why the service never searched for a soldier who went AWOL after learning he was suspected of raping a 15-year-old girl.