- Are bungled VA claims systemic? Senators want agency review Updated: May-06-15 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Troubled by delays in handling veterans claims, a bipartisan group of senators on Wednesday urged a wide-scale, independent review of the Department of Veterans Affairs for mismanagement and changes to improve budgeting and speed up applications.
- Senators: We will interview both men, women for federal role Updated: May-01-15 1:20 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Following reports that Idaho's U.S. senators had narrowed a search for a federal judicial appointment down to four men, the senators insist that they are interviewing both men and women.
- Geno Smith remains confident Jets are still 'my team' Updated: Apr-29-15 6:36 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Not long ago, Geno Smith was the exciting new quarterback, the young guy with the big arm who was the future of the Jets.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."
- Thune, Rounds ask USDA to help bird flu-affected producers Updated: Apr-28-15 6:33 pm
- Ex-Ranger's long march to honor WWII hero Updated: Apr-26-15 3:43 pm
ALBANY, New York - For years after Col. William O. Darby was killed in World War II, fellow soldiers would make a pilgrimage to his family's home just to talk to his mother about the fallen hero credited with forming the U.S. Army Rangers.
- Ex-nanny for Penguins' Kunitz charged with stealing jewelry Updated: Apr-24-15 1:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - The former nanny of Pittsburgh Penguins player Chris Kunitz has been charged with stealing $12,000 diamond earrings from his home, then selling them to jewelry stores, police said.
- Daily fantasy site has deals with almost half of NFL teams Updated: Apr-22-15 6:38 pm
NEW YORK - Nearly half of the teams in the NFL have signed sponsorship deals with FanDuel, the daily fantasy sports website.
- Officials: Islanders fans apparently take seats as souvenirs Updated: Apr-22-15 5:49 am
UNIONDALE, New York - Some Islanders fans apparently have taken a few souvenirs home after Game 3 at the Nassau Coliseum.
- Coastal Carolina researchers release hurricane forecast Updated: Apr-21-15 7:52 am
OCNWAY, South Carolina - The Atlantic hurricane season is rapidly approaching and Coastal Carolina University researchers predict a below normal season.
- Prosecutor: Glendale officials didn't break open meeting Law Updated: Apr-09-15 2:53 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - A state prosecutor says Glendale City Council members didn't violate the state's open meeting laws in talks about an agreement with the Arizona Coyotes hockey team.
- Father and son struck after Blues game; driver sought Updated: Apr-08-15 2:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis police are looking for the driver of a pickup truck that left the scene after striking a father and son in downtown St. Louis.