- Sens. Reed, McCain lead visit to Vietnam, Singapore Updated: May-24-15 5:22 pm
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Public trail work begins on historic Hudson River island Updated: May-20-15 9:12 am
FORT EDWARD, New York - Work is underway to turn a historic site on an island the upper Hudson River into a heritage tourism destination.
- NHL Calendar Updated: May-16-15 10:08 am
May 1-17 - IIHF World Championship, Prague and Ostrava, Czech Republic.
- Dallas Stars players evacuate facility in police lockdown Updated: May-15-15 7:52 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Three Dallas Stars players are among those evacuated from the NHL franchise's practice facility as local police search for suspects in an armed robbery.
- Deal reached over Minnesota wild rice sulfate standards Updated: May-15-15 1:07 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Lawmakers have reached a compromise with Gov. Mark Dayton's administration that would temporarily prevent regulators from forcing mining companies to invest in new treatment technologies to protect wild rice from sulfate discharges.
- Ga. senators want truck safety upgrades after deadly crash Updated: May-14-15 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Georgia's U.S. senators are citing a recent highway crash that killed five nursing students as they push the federal Department of Transportation to mandate new safety requirements for heavy trucks.
- Sochi hockey players start legal battle for pay Updated: May-13-15 1:29 pm
MOSCOW - Players at the Sochi hockey club that forms a major part of the legacy of last year's Winter Olympics are to start a legal battle over months of unpaid wages.
- Ex-nanny for Penguins player to stand trial on theft charges Updated: May-12-15 9:34 am
PITTSBURGH - The former nanny for the family of Pittsburgh Penguins player Chris Kunitz is set to stand trial on charges she stole $12,000 diamond earrings from his wife, then sold them to jewelry stores.
- Are bungled VA claims systemic? Senators want agency review Updated: May-06-15 2:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Troubled by delays in handling veterans claims, a bipartisan group of senators on Wednesday urged a wide-scale, independent review of the Department of Veterans Affairs for mismanagement and changes to improve budgeting and speed up applications.
- Senators: We will interview both men, women for federal role Updated: May-01-15 1:20 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Following reports that Idaho's U.S. senators had narrowed a search for a federal judicial appointment down to four men, the senators insist that they are interviewing both men and women.
- After decades, NFL decides to give up tax-exempt status Updated: Apr-28-15 7:14 pm
WASHINGTON - Every so often, in a bid to sound threatening, a member of Congress has vowed to revoke the NFL's tax-exempt status. Now Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will give it up voluntarily to "eliminate this distraction."
- Thune, Rounds ask USDA to help bird flu-affected producers Updated: Apr-28-15 6:33 pm
- Ex-Ranger's long march to honor WWII hero Updated: Apr-26-15 3:43 pm
ALBANY, New York - For years after Col. William O. Darby was killed in World War II, fellow soldiers would make a pilgrimage to his family's home just to talk to his mother about the fallen hero credited with forming the U.S. Army Rangers.