- Red Sox remember Boston Marathon victims Updated: Apr-20-14 8:17 pm
- On eve of marathon, festivities and tight security Updated: Apr-20-14 7:20 pm
- Minnesota runners head to Boston in unity, tribute Updated: Apr-20-14 6:37 pm
- Boston race makes room for those affected by bombs Updated: Apr-20-14 6:30 pm
- Runners blessed at Boston church on marathon's eve Updated: Apr-20-14 3:44 pm
- Chicagoan to run 35th straight Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-20-14 2:10 pm
- Officials say security tight for Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-20-14 11:28 am
- Tadesee wins Kentucky Derby Marathon Updated: Apr-19-14 4:51 pm
- A year later, North Dakotans return to Boston Updated: Apr-19-14 4:10 pm
- Governor: Closing Boston amid bomber hunt 'tough' Updated: Apr-19-14 1:07 pm
- Falmouth nurse inspired to run Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-19-14 11:55 am
- Survivors keep busy as Boston Marathon approaches Updated: Apr-18-14 10:18 pm
- Ortiz wants to visit Marathon finish line Monday Updated: Apr-18-14 8:56 pm
- Correction: Boston Marathon-Field story Updated: Apr-18-14 2:04 pm
- MIT honors officer slain after bombs went off Updated: Apr-18-14 1:12 pm
- Patrick signs law creating 'Boston Strong' plate Updated: Apr-18-14 12:19 pm
- Wedding bells ring for Boston Marathon survivor Updated: Apr-17-14 8:34 pm
- 3 to run marathon to help school stabbing victims Updated: Apr-17-14 1:22 pm
- Boston Marathon organizers confident of safe race Updated: Apr-16-14 5:04 pm
- Defense says bombing suspect's family key to case Updated: Apr-16-14 4:40 pm
- Wisconsin woman writes bombing suspect Updated: Apr-16-14 8:01 am
- Holly Township woman to return to Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-16-14 7:07 am
- At Boston Marathon, a chance to finally finish Updated: Apr-16-14 3:24 am
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks Updated: Apr-16-14 12:29 am
- White Sox wear Boston Strong on 1-year anniversary Updated: Apr-15-14 9:50 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox held an emotional 20-minute pregame ceremony honoring victims of the Boston Marathon bombings along with law enforcement officials, medical personnel, runners and race volunteers before Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Orioles.
BOSTON - In many ways, it felt like any other pre-marathon Sunday in Boston.
MINNEAPOLIS - More than 600 Minnesota runners will line up for the start of the Boston Marathon this year, including 212 who ran last year and say they're going back to finish what they started.
BOSTON - "I need to run."
BOSTON - Marathon runners have been blessed at a Boston church service that celebrated Easter as it also remembered the victims of last year's bomb attacks near the finish line.
CHICAGO - A 53-year-old Chicagoan's participation in Monday's Boston Marathon will be especially memorable, and not only because it will be his 35th consecutive run in one of the world's most famous road races.
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick and a congressional leader say security will be tight as thousands of runners and hundreds of thousands of spectators crowd Boston's streets for the annual Marathon.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Birhanu Tadesee won the Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon on Saturday in 2 hours, 17 minutes, 54 seconds.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Last year's Boston Marathon was supposed to be Chuck Allen's second and final.
BOSTON - Several days after the Boston Marathon bombing, Gov. Deval Patrick received a call in the pre-dawn hours from a top aide telling him that police officers outside the city had just engaged in a ferocious gun battle with the two men suspected of setting the bombs and that one was dead and the other had fled.
FALMOUTH, Ma. - Helen Bohnenberger of Falmouth had never run more than two miles before she began to train for Monday's Boston Marathon.
BOSTON - Survivors of last year's twin bombings at the Boston Marathon say they have mixed feelings as this year's race day approaches.
BOSTON - David Ortiz wants to visit the Boston Marathon finish line Monday after the Red Sox are done with their Patriots' Day game against Baltimore.
BOSTON - In a story April 17 about the Boston Marathon field, The Associated Press erroneously referred to Tom Grilk as the Boston Athletic Association president. He is the B.A.A. executive director.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Like many other youngsters, Sean Collier wanted to be a police officer. Unlike most, he brought that dream to life - and then died doing it, becoming a central character in the gripping hunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
BOSTON - Massachusetts drivers will soon have an opportunity to purchase a "Boston Strong" license plate.
BOSTON - An injured survivor of the Boston Marathon bombing is celebrating a personal milestone.
PITTSBURGH - Three people from the western Pennsylvania town where 21 students and a security guard were wounded in a high school stabbing rampage hope to raise money for the victims by running the Boston Marathon.
BOSTON - The arrest of a man with a rice cooker in his backpack near the Boston Marathon finish line led police to step up patrols Wednesday, while organizers sought to assure the city and runners of a safe race next week.
BOSTON - Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev said Wednesday that understanding Tsarnaev's family is key to their case, offering a glimpse of the defense strategy as they prepare to defend him against charges that carry the possibility of the death penalty.
BARABOO, Wisconsin - A Baraboo woman says she's been criticized and even threatened for sending letters of support to the Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
HOLLY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - When Anita Harless told her sons that she was returning to the Boston Marathon this year, they told her they didn't want to come, she said.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Just one tiny misstep at mile 15 of the Boston Marathon last spring ruined any chance of amputee runner Jeff Glasbrenner breaking four hours.
BOSTON - Survivors, first responders and relatives of those killed in the Boston Marathon bombing marked the anniversary Tuesday with tributes that combined sorrow over the loss of innocent victims with pride over the city's resilience in the face of a terror attack.
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have paid tribute to victims of the Boston Marathon bombing before their game against the Red Sox.