- Defense: Marathon suspect's remark humorous Updated: Mar-05-14 4:53 pm
- Winter weather forces reroute of LR Marathon Updated: Mar-02-14 1:37 pm
- Norwegian Dahl wins ski marathon in Sweden Updated: Mar-02-14 7:29 am
- Charity runners prepare for Boston Marathon Updated: Mar-01-14 4:18 pm
- MIT ambulance service wins Collier Medal Updated: Feb-28-14 10:31 am
- Boston Marathon bans bags as part of security plan Updated: Feb-26-14 6:48 pm
- Report soon on FBI custody death of Chechen man Updated: Feb-26-14 2:13 pm
- Mo Farah to run NYC Half to prep for 1st marathon Updated: Feb-26-14 11:12 am
- Kenya's Chumba wins Tokyo Marathon in record time Updated: Feb-23-14 1:26 am
- One Fund Boston gets its first executive director Updated: Feb-20-14 4:20 pm
- Family of wounded teen marathon victim starts fund Updated: Feb-20-14 11:34 am
- Haile Gebrselassie to pace London Marathon Updated: Feb-17-14 11:53 am
- 7 chosen to run marathon in honor of BU student Updated: Feb-14-14 2:34 am
- Tribute planned for Boston Marathon bomb victims Updated: Feb-13-14 11:30 am
- Boston congressional hearing on bombings planned Updated: Feb-12-14 12:13 pm
- Boston-area hotels filling fast for marathon Updated: Feb-10-14 11:19 am
- New app spreads spirit of 2014 Boston Marathon Updated: Feb-06-14 3:54 pm
BOSTON - Lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev say a remark he made to his sister during a prison visit was meant to be funny and wasn't incriminating, as prosecutors have suggested.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Runners in the Little Rock Marathon and Half-Marathon were forced to take alternate routes to find their way to the finish line.
MORA, Sweden - Norwegian John Kristian Dahl won the cross-country ski marathon Vasaloppet in Sweden after a dramatic sprint.
BOSTON - Hundreds of runners dressed like superheroes raced down the final 18 miles of the Boston Marathon course Saturday, training for the world's oldest marathon a year after twin explosions killed three people and wounded more than 260 others.
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - A group of mostly student volunteers who operate the ambulance service at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have received the first Sean Collier Medal, named after the campus police officer allegedly slain by the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
BOSTON - This year's Boston Marathon will have a "no bags" policy as part of stepped-up security following last year's deadly bombing, the Boston Athletic Association announced Wednesday.
ORLANDO, Florida - The prosecutor examining the death of a Chechen man shot to death by an FBI agent in Florida during questioning about a Boston Marathon bombing suspect says he anticipates completing his investigation into what happened by the end of the next month.
NEW YORK - Olympic double gold medalist Mo Farah will run a half-marathon in New York City next month in preparation for his marathon debut.
TOKYO - Dickson Chumba of Kenya won the Tokyo Marathon on Sunday in a race record time of 2 hours, 5 minutes, 42 seconds.
BOSTON - A charity that has been raising funds for victims of the Boston Marathon bombings has a new chief.
BOSTON - The family of a teenager who almost lost a leg in the Boston Marathon bombings has started a fund to explore limb regeneration and the use of stem cells to regrow bones and skin.
LONDON - Haile Gebrselassie will pace a world-record attempt at the London Marathon in April.
BOSTON - Seven people with Boston University connections have been picked to run the Boston Marathon in honor of a student killed in the bombings last year.
BOSTON - A tribute to victims, survivors and first responders will be held on the anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings that killed three people and injured more than 260, race organizers announced Thursday.
BOSTON - A Massachusetts congressman says the House Homeland Security Committee plans to hold a hearing in Boston this spring with victims of and first responders to the Boston Marathon bombings.
BOSTON - Hotels in the Boston area already are almost booked to capacity more than two months before the first Boston Marathon since two explosions at the finish line last year, tourism officials say.
BOSTON - The Boston Athletic Association has launched an app that aims to allow runners who can't participate in the 2014 Boston Marathon to feel like a part of it.