- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife Updated: May-04-15 3:02 pm
BOSTON - A Tennessee woman searching for the stranger she kissed while running the Boston Marathon this year says she finally heard back - from the mystery man's wife.
- Pa.'s Santucci repeats at Pittsburgh Marathon women's champ Updated: May-04-15 8:41 am
PITTSBURGH - Pennsylvania's Clara Santucci repeated as the women's champion and Kenyan Stephen Njoroge won the men's race at Sunday's Pittsburgh Marathon.
- Well-known high school track coach collapses, dies at meet Updated: May-03-15 2:52 pm
FORT MYERS, Florida - A popular South Florida high school coach and athletic director is dead after collapsing at the state track and field championships.
- Gloyeske wins Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati Updated: May-03-15 2:08 pm
CINCINNATI - Two southwest Ohioans won the top prizes for men and women in the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati.
- Kenya's Kandie wins Prague international marathon Updated: May-03-15 6:30 am
PRAGUE - Felix Kipchirchir Kandie of Kenya won the Prague International Marathon on Sunday while Yebrgual Melese of Ethiopia claimed the women's race.
- MIT dedicates memorial to officer killed by marathon bombers Updated: Apr-29-15 2:41 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - The Massachusetts Institute of Technology has dedicated a permanent memorial in honor of campus police Officer Sean Collier, who was slain by the Boston Marathon bombers.
- Police: Boston Marathon winner's purse stolen during parade Updated: Apr-29-15 12:16 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico resident Caroline Rotich may have won the 2015 Boston Marathon elite women's division and the hearts of Santa Fe citizens.
- Japan's prime minister focuses on economy and women's issues Updated: Apr-27-15 11:52 am
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Monday his administration is trying to improve the status of women in his country as it also seeks to protect women's rights on the international stage.
- Norman's Scott Downard wins Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Updated: Apr-26-15 5:21 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Scott Downard has won the 15th annual Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.
- Kipchoge wins his 1st London Marathon in Kenyan top 4 Updated: Apr-26-15 1:50 pm
LONDON - Eliud Kipchoge won the London Marathon for the first time on Sunday, leading home a Kenyan top four ahead of defending champion Wilson Kipsang.
- Wietecha wins Country Music Marathon for 3rd straight year Updated: Apr-25-15 5:47 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Scott Wietecha won the St. Jude Country Music Marathon for a third straight year Saturday, finishing in 2 hours, 23 minutes, 39 seconds.
- State official foresees marathon passing through Rosedale Updated: Apr-25-15 4:02 pm
ROSEDALE, Indiana - The town of Rosedale has seen a vision of a future "Covered Bridge Marathon" for serious runners who someday might pass through the small community.
- Boston Marathon winner Rotich to get Santa Fe parade Updated: Apr-24-15 5:03 am
SANTA, New Mexico - The city of Santa Fe is holding a parade for a Santa Fe resident who won the Boston Marathon.
- Obama honors Patriots for Super Bowl win, community service Updated: Apr-23-15 5:12 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama honored the New England Patriots for winning the Super Bowl despite a "huge distraction" and "media circus" over underinflated footballs in their conference championship game.
- Still possessing record, Radcliffe ready for final marathon Updated: Apr-22-15 7:14 pm
LONDON - In front of Buckingham Palace, Paula Radcliffe will cross the finish line and bid farewell on Sunday.
- Bird, Papi on board of Boston Olympic bid committee Updated: Apr-22-15 1:35 pm
- Last racer finishes Boston Marathon - in 20 grueling hours Updated: Apr-22-15 2:41 am
BOSTON - A Venezuelan man with muscular dystrophy was honored at City Hall on Tuesday after enduring about 20 hours of sometimes drenching rain, wind and cold to complete the Boston Marathon in the early morning hours.
- No place for world's top marathon in 2024 Boston Olympics Updated: Apr-21-15 7:39 pm
BOSTON - No sport is more connected to Olympic history than the marathon, and no marathon is more iconic than the Boston race that has been testing and torturing distance runners for 119 years.
- Fargo Marathon filling up; about 16K runners registered Updated: Apr-21-15 4:55 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Spots in the multiple races that are part of the Fargo Marathon weekend scheduled for next month are filling up quickly.
- IAAF seeks 4-year ban at CAS for marathon champ Rita Jeptoo Updated: Apr-21-15 4:21 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IAAF has asked sport's highest court to double a two-year ban for doping imposed on Boston and Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo.
- Desisa wins 119th Boston Marathon; Rotich takes women's race Updated: Apr-21-15 3:11 am
BOSTON - Lelisa Desisa ran through the rain to earn a second Boston Marathon victory and his first chance to enjoy it.
- The Latest: Wheelchair champ gives wreath to Richards family Updated: Apr-20-15 9:16 pm
- Montana Gov. finishes Boston Marathon Updated: Apr-20-15 7:43 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governor of Montana has finished the Boston Marathon.
- Red Sox get 5 unearned runs in 7-1 win over Orioles Updated: Apr-20-15 5:17 pm
BOSTON - The way Justin Masterson was pitching, he didn't need much help. The Orioles gave it to him, anyway.
- 2 years after bombings, a festive Boston Marathon mood Updated: Apr-20-15 4:58 pm
BOSTON - The weather was cold and damp but the atmosphere festive at Monday's running of the Boston Marathon, two years after pressure-cooker bombs exploded at the finish line and shattered one of sports' most cherished events.