- Gay married couples could pay more for tax filings Updated: Mar-10-14 7:16 pm
- Methodists end minister's NY same-sex wedding case Updated: Mar-10-14 6:43 pm
- New Mexico gay married couples ready for tax time Updated: Mar-09-14 3:17 pm
- Married couple killed in Cincinnati house fire Updated: Mar-09-14 11:20 am
- Park named for couple with record-setting marriage Updated: Mar-07-14 6:26 am
- Making maple syrup like great-grandfather did Updated: Mar-06-14 2:07 pm
- Lawsuit by 4 couples seeks Wyoming gay marriage Updated: Mar-05-14 9:11 pm
- County clerks can issue licenses to gay couples Updated: Mar-04-14 8:56 pm
- State: Cab driver violated lesbian couple's rights Updated: Mar-04-14 6:11 pm
- Kentucky's top Democrats divided by gay marriage Updated: Mar-04-14 6:07 pm
- Conservatives support Idaho marriage law Updated: Mar-03-14 3:23 pm
- Fla. couple buried together after 71 year marriage Updated: Mar-03-14 6:28 am
- Man adopted in Ky. by member of same-sex couple Updated: Mar-01-14 12:46 pm
- Judge grants 21-day delay on same-sex marriages Updated: Feb-28-14 6:58 pm
- Utah defends freeze on benefits for gay couples Updated: Feb-28-14 4:51 pm
- Champaign Co. issues 1st same-sex marriage license Updated: Feb-26-14 1:02 pm
- Russian gays marry, will seek asylum in Argentina Updated: Feb-25-14 5:10 pm
- Lawyers: Gay marriage a detriment to children Updated: Feb-24-14 11:50 pm
- Effort to build gay marriage support heads South Updated: Feb-24-14 8:38 pm
- Iowa couple honored for 79 years of marriage Updated: Feb-23-14 5:20 pm
- Kan. tea party group renews push for anti-gay bill Updated: Feb-22-14 7:53 pm
- Same-sex couples obtain marriage licenses Updated: Feb-22-14 4:06 am
- Cook County clerk marries gay couple in Chicago Updated: Feb-21-14 3:40 pm
- Couple 1st in line for gay marriage license Updated: Feb-21-14 2:14 pm
- Methodist churches push same-sex unions Updated: Feb-21-14 9:49 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Conflicting state and federal policies will likely cost Indiana same-sex couples more when they file their tax returns this year, experts say.
NEW YORK - A United Methodist bishop on Monday dropped the case against a retired minister accused of breaking church law by officiating his son's same-sex wedding - a dramatic decision that came just months after another minister was defrocked for the same reason.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Some same-sex couples in New Mexico will get to experience for the first time what married couples go through every spring - sorting through joint tax returns.
CINCINNATI - A house fire has killed a Cincinnati husband and wife who were in their 80s.
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada couple whose 79-year marriage was at one point named the longest in the world now has a park named in their honor.
CORRY, Pennsylvania - Turning right onto the first dirt road after the "four-way" and then left onto the next dirt road is not how you'd expect to get to one of Pennsylvania's most exclusive restaurants.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Four gay couples and a gay rights advocacy group sued Gov. Matt Mead and other officials Wednesday in an attempt to get Wyoming to recognize gay marriage.
CHICAGO - Attorney General Lisa Madigan on Tuesday told an Illinois county clerk that he and others around the state have the right to immediately issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland cab driver violated the rights of a lesbian couple he left on the side of a freeway last summer, state regulators said Tuesday.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Two of Kentucky's top Democrats split sharply Tuesday over same-sex marriage, with Gov. Steve Beshear saying outside lawyers will be hired to appeal a decision granting recognition to gay couples married in other states after the attorney general announced he would not pursue the case.
BOISE, Idaho - The federal government cannot force Idaho to change its definition of marriage as the union of one man and one woman, the conservative Cornerstone Family Council of Idaho contends in a recent court filing.
FORT MEADE, Florida - A central Florida couple married for 71 years died just days apart.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A Kentucky judge has finalized the adoption of a 28-year-old man by a woman who was legally married to his mother in Massachusetts, the first step-parent adoption by a member of a same-sex couple in Fayette County and possibly the state following a federal court ruling.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky has until March 20 to implement an order granting legal recognition to same-sex couples married in other states or countries, a federal judge ruled Friday.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah officials say in a new court filing that they have no choice but to put a freeze on granting benefits to newly married gay couples until a federal appeals court rules on the state's same-sex marriage ban.
URBANA, Illinois - Champaign County's first marriage license to a same-sex couple has been issued to two University of Illinois law students.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Two Russian homosexuals married Tuesday in Argentina and said they would seek asylum from the violence they fear back home in the Olympic city of Sochi, joining a growing number of other gays seeking marriage and refuge abroad.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Lawyers who are appealing a federal judge's ruling that overturned Oklahoma's ban on same-sex marriage said in a court filing Monday that legalizing gay marriage would harm children, undermine society and make traditional marriages unstable.
ATLANTA - Less than two weeks after a federal judge declared Virginia's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional, a new effort has been launched in the South seeking to build wider acceptance of gay and lesbian couples in the hope of overturning similar bans across the region.
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - A western Iowa couple have been honored for having what one organization says is the longest-lasting marriage in the state at 79 years.
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita-based tea party group has launched an email campaign urging its members to pepper state lawmakers with messages in support of a bill that allows service refusal to same-sex couples on religious grounds.
CHICAGO - The Cook County clerk's office says nearly 50 same-sex couples received marriage licenses after a judge gave the OK.
CHICAGO - One Illinois same-sex couple has gotten married after a judge ruled ruled gay couples in the Chicago area don't have to wait until June to marry.
CHICAGO - The first couple has gotten in line in Cook County to get a same-sex marriage license.
SACRAMENTO, California - A group of five Sacramento, California-area United Methodist congregations are leading a push to sanction same-sex weddings, in clear defiance of international church rules.