- Croatian govt proposes new rights for gays Updated: Dec-12-13 8:40 am
- Australian court rejects law allowing gay marriage Updated: Dec-12-13 12:50 am
- Cheney's daughter boosting Ind. amendment foes Updated: Dec-11-13 7:28 pm
- Parnell doesn't see action on same-sex marriage Updated: Dec-10-13 8:50 pm
- Over 700 same-sex couples wed in NJ in 7 weeks Updated: Dec-10-13 2:48 pm
- UK to hold first same-sex weddings on March 29 Updated: Dec-10-13 11:01 am
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms Updated: Dec-08-13 3:22 pm
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay couples Updated: Dec-06-13 6:38 pm
- Gay weddings 17 percent of Washington marriages Updated: Dec-05-13 5:37 pm
- National Guard sites to take same-sex benefit form Updated: Dec-05-13 4:22 pm
- Judge hears arguments on Utah's gay marriage ban Updated: Dec-05-13 3:07 am
- Judge weighs merits of Utah's gay marriage ban Updated: Dec-04-13 7:10 pm
- Okla. Guard: Benefit change causes little turmoil Updated: Dec-04-13 6:16 pm
- Gay weddings become reality in Hawaii with new law Updated: Dec-02-13 11:01 pm
- Diane Lane and Josh Brolin's divorce finalized Updated: Dec-02-13 7:28 pm
- Pa. court clerk defends gay-marriage licenses Updated: Dec-02-13 5:11 pm
- Miss. judge refuses to grant gay couple's divorce Updated: Dec-02-13 4:32 pm
- Douglas Co. eyes benefits for same-sex couples Updated: Dec-02-13 12:44 pm
- Gay weddings become reality in Hawaii with new law Updated: Dec-02-13 9:55 am
- Pastor, his fiance among 1st to legally wed in HI Updated: Dec-02-13 12:08 am
- Plaintiffs in gay marriage suit say minds changing Updated: Nov-30-13 12:44 pm
- Same-sex couple's wedding a first for Illinois Updated: Nov-27-13 7:17 pm
- Guard to let same-sex couples sign for benefits Updated: Nov-27-13 2:40 pm
- 2 couples challenge Texas' gay marriage ban Updated: Nov-27-13 2:08 pm
- Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher finalize divorce Updated: Nov-27-13 1:28 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Less than two weeks after Croatians voted to ban gay marriage, their government has proposed granting same-sex couples new legal rights.
SYDNEY - Australia's highest court struck down a landmark law on Thursday that had begun allowing the country's first gay marriages, shattering the dreams of more than two dozen same-sex newlyweds whose marriages will now be annulled less than a week after their weddings.
INDIANAPOLIS - Mary Cheney, the daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, on Wednesday rallied opponents of an effort to write Indiana's gay marriage ban into the state constitution.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sean Parnell says he doesn't see the state Legislature taking up the issue of same-sex marriage anytime soon.
TRENTON, New Jersey - More than 700 same-sex couples have gotten married or renewed their vows in New Jersey the first 47 days the state allowed gay nuptials.
LONDON - Save the date: The British government announced Tuesday that the country's first same-sex weddings can be held on Saturday, March 29.
SAN FRANCISCO - Corporate support for gay and transgender rights is reaching workers in new corners of the country and economy six months after the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the federal Defense of Marriage Act, according to a new report card from the nation's largest LGBT advocacy group.
DENVER - A baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs or face fines, a judge said Friday.
SEATTLE - Gay weddings made up 17 percent of marriages in Washington this past year, the first year gay marriages were legal in the state, state officials reported Wednesday.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana National Guard personnel seeking benefits for same-sex spouses will have an easier time filing the requests, despite a state refusal to let its workers process the paperwork because of Louisiana's ban on gay marriage.
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge says he'll do his best to rule by early next year on a legal challenge to a same-sex marriage ban in Utah, after an attorney called for an end to the prohibition by arguing that the precedent has been set by the U.S. Supreme Court and discrimination has gone on long enough.
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge should strike down Utah's same-sex marriage ban because the precedent has been set by the U.S. Supreme Court and discrimination has gone on long enough, an attorney for three gay couples challenging the 2004 voter-passed law argued Wednesday.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Nearly a month after a directive by Gov. Mary Fallin changed the way the Oklahoma National Guard handles marriage benefits, Guard officials say the change has caused little disruption.
HONOLULU - Retired professors Rod Powell and Bob Eddinger have been partners in life since they met at the University of Hawaii in 1977. On Monday, they joined in marriage on the first day their home state allowed same-sex couples to form such unions.
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles judge has finalized Diane Lane and Josh Brolin's divorce.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia court clerk who defied Pennsylvania's ban on same-sex marriage by signing licenses for scores of gay couples urged the state's highest court Monday to overturn an order that required him to stop.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi judge on Monday refused to grant a divorce to a lesbian couple who got married in California, saying the marriage wasn't recognized under state law, according to the woman who filed and her lawyer.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Douglas County will consider extending benefits to same-sex spouses of county employees who were legally married in other states.
HONOLULU - Same-sex couples are taking advantage of Hawaii's newfound aloha for gay weddings.
HONOLULU - The pastor of the First Unitarian Church of Honolulu and his fiance will be among the first gay couples to wed when gay marriage becomes legal in Hawaii on Monday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Carol Schall was helping her teenage daughter renew her passport when a postal worker filling out the paperwork learned that Schall's same-sex partner was the girl's birth mother.
CHICAGO - In a short ceremony inside their Chicago apartment, two beaming brides made Illinois history Wednesday as they became the first gay couple to wed under the state's new law legalizing same-sex marriage.
SAN ANTONIO - The Texas National Guard will immediately begin letting same-sex couples register for benefits after the Defense Department approved a new procedure for enrolling National Guard members and their dependents for benefits.
AUSTIN, Texas - Two same-sex couples have challenged Texas' constitutional ban on gay marriage in a San Antonio federal court, and a federal judge could hear arguments as soon as January, an attorney for the couples said Wednesday.