- Judge weighs merits of Utah's gay marriage ban Updated: Dec-04-13 7:10 pm
- Okla. Guard: Benefit change causes little turmoil Updated: Dec-04-13 6:16 pm
- Gay weddings become reality in Hawaii with new law Updated: Dec-02-13 11:01 pm
- Diane Lane and Josh Brolin's divorce finalized Updated: Dec-02-13 7:28 pm
- Pa. court clerk defends gay-marriage licenses Updated: Dec-02-13 5:11 pm
- Miss. judge refuses to grant gay couple's divorce Updated: Dec-02-13 4:32 pm
- Douglas Co. eyes benefits for same-sex couples Updated: Dec-02-13 12:44 pm
- Gay weddings become reality in Hawaii with new law Updated: Dec-02-13 9:55 am
- Pastor, his fiance among 1st to legally wed in HI Updated: Dec-02-13 12:08 am
- Plaintiffs in gay marriage suit say minds changing Updated: Nov-30-13 12:44 pm
- Same-sex couple's wedding a first for Illinois Updated: Nov-27-13 7:17 pm
- Guard to let same-sex couples sign for benefits Updated: Nov-27-13 2:40 pm
- 2 couples challenge Texas' gay marriage ban Updated: Nov-27-13 2:08 pm
- Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher finalize divorce Updated: Nov-27-13 1:28 pm
- UK B&B owners lose appeal over gay discrimination Updated: Nov-27-13 6:07 am
- Calif. nuptials increase after gay marriage ruling Updated: Nov-25-13 10:46 pm
- Gay couple to get Illinois marriage license early Updated: Nov-25-13 8:50 pm
- Mo. National Guard handling IDs for gay spouses Updated: Nov-23-13 12:16 pm
- Gay marriage supporters hold forums on new law Updated: Nov-22-13 5:05 am
- Houston to offer benefits to same-sex couples Updated: Nov-20-13 5:04 pm
- Families attend Illinois gay marriage bill signing Updated: Nov-20-13 4:37 pm
- IKEA spikes story on lesbian couple in Russian mag Updated: Nov-20-13 1:44 pm
- Mo. lawmaker wants AG opinion on gay tax policy Updated: Nov-18-13 5:06 am
- Fla. couple, married 62 years, die days apart Updated: Nov-17-13 3:44 am
- White mayor, black wife: NYC shatters an image Updated: Nov-16-13 11:05 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A federal judge should strike down Utah's same-sex marriage ban because the precedent has been set by the U.S. Supreme Court and discrimination has gone on long enough, an attorney for three gay couples challenging the 2004 voter-passed law argued Wednesday.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Nearly a month after a directive by Gov. Mary Fallin changed the way the Oklahoma National Guard handles marriage benefits, Guard officials say the change has caused little disruption.
HONOLULU - Retired professors Rod Powell and Bob Eddinger have been partners in life since they met at the University of Hawaii in 1977. On Monday, they joined in marriage on the first day their home state allowed same-sex couples to form such unions.
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles judge has finalized Diane Lane and Josh Brolin's divorce.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A suburban Philadelphia court clerk who defied Pennsylvania's ban on same-sex marriage by signing licenses for scores of gay couples urged the state's highest court Monday to overturn an order that required him to stop.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi judge on Monday refused to grant a divorce to a lesbian couple who got married in California, saying the marriage wasn't recognized under state law, according to the woman who filed and her lawyer.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Douglas County will consider extending benefits to same-sex spouses of county employees who were legally married in other states.
HONOLULU - Same-sex couples are taking advantage of Hawaii's newfound aloha for gay weddings.
HONOLULU - The pastor of the First Unitarian Church of Honolulu and his fiance will be among the first gay couples to wed when gay marriage becomes legal in Hawaii on Monday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Carol Schall was helping her teenage daughter renew her passport when a postal worker filling out the paperwork learned that Schall's same-sex partner was the girl's birth mother.
CHICAGO - In a short ceremony inside their Chicago apartment, two beaming brides made Illinois history Wednesday as they became the first gay couple to wed under the state's new law legalizing same-sex marriage.
SAN ANTONIO - The Texas National Guard will immediately begin letting same-sex couples register for benefits after the Defense Department approved a new procedure for enrolling National Guard members and their dependents for benefits.
AUSTIN, Texas - Two same-sex couples have challenged Texas' constitutional ban on gay marriage in a San Antonio federal court, and a federal judge could hear arguments as soon as January, an attorney for the couples said Wednesday.
LONDON - The Christian owners of a hotel in southern England have lost a U.K. Supreme Court appeal over whether their refusal to let a gay couple stay amounted to discrimination.
SAN FRANCISCO - More California couples tied the knot in July following the U.S. Supreme Court's historic ruling allowing same-sex marriages in the state than in any other month since 2006, according to new data.
CHICAGO - A federal court ruling means a same-sex Chicago couple will be allowed to marry before the state's gay marriage law takes effect.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri National Guard is processing requests from same-sex partners for military ID cards that are the gateway to accessing benefits.
CHICAGO - Advocates who pressed for same-sex marriage to become legal in Illinois are now sponsoring forums to help gay couples understand the law.
HOUSTON - Houston will provide health care and life insurance benefits to legally married same-sex spouses of city employees, officials announced Wednesday.
CHICAGO - Attendees of a bill signing that'll make Illinois the next state to allow same-sex marriage include several couples who hope to get married after the law takes effect in the summer.
HELSINKI - Swedish furniture retailer IKEA says it has spiked an article about a lesbian couple in the Russian edition of its customer magazine because that would have contravened that county's law on gay propaganda.
OCALA, Florida - Peggy and Emory Edmunds were described by their children as soul mates who couldn't bear to be separated.
Another milestone is passing in America's racial journey: The next mayor of New York City is a white man with a black wife.