- Ga. eyeing recruitment at annual tech, media fest Updated: Mar-09-14 4:53 pm
- Entrepreneurship grows in Egypt's flailing economy Updated: Mar-07-14 2:11 am
- Former NAACP head joins tech venture capital firm Updated: Mar-04-14 2:31 pm
- $2 million for college students to start business Updated: Feb-14-14 8:23 am
- French leader lands in California for tech talks Updated: Feb-12-14 5:01 pm
- Palestinian women make strides in high-tech Updated: Feb-11-14 2:21 pm
ATLANTA - A group of Atlanta entrepreneurs, economic development officials and others are at the annual technology and entertainment festival South by Southwest Interactive to market the region as a startup and mobile media hub.
CAIRO - In Egypt's newest reality television show, contestants sold fruit juice from push carts in Cairo's busiest market and later organized a desert safari for tourists, hustling to make sales in the capital's crowded streets.
SAN JOSE, California - Just months after stepping down as head of the nation's largest civil rights organization, former NAACP President Benjamin Jealous is changing his career from an East Coast political activist to a West Coast venture capitalist, a switch he hopes will help further his goal of growing opportunities for blacks and Latinos in the booming tech economy.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two million dollars in seed money will give University of Wisconsin students a chance to launch their own businesses.
SAN FRANCISCO - France's president arrived Wednesday in the heart of tech country for meetings with Silicon Valley and government leaders, just days after a French regulator hit Google with an embarrassing regulatory slap and after years of efforts to wrest more taxes from tech firms.
DURA, West Bank - Growing up in a traditional society, Abeer Abu Ghaith was often told a woman's future is in her husband's kitchen. Quietly, the 29-year-old proved everyone wrong.