- China readies national carbon market to fight climate change Updated: May-24-15 1:41 am
BEIJING - At first, the numbers and company names flashing on a big board in Beijing's financial district suggest a booming market.
- France wants business world to help curb climate change Updated: May-20-15 12:32 pm
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande is calling on business leaders to get more involved in fighting global warming by financing climate-friendly projects and investing in green technologies.
- Canada plans to cut emissions by 30 percent by 2030 Updated: May-15-15 9:17 pm
TORONTO - Canada announced Friday it plans to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 30 percent below 2005 levels by 2030 amid international efforts to create a new framework for addressing climate change.
- French president says UN climate fund could help Caribbean Updated: May-09-15 5:07 pm
FORT-DE-FRANCE, Martinique - French President Francois Hollande told Caribbean leaders on Saturday that a planned international green fund could help the vulnerable, tourism-dependent region mitigate the effects of climate change.
- PETA sues wildlife service, accuses it of 'pay-to-play' Updated: May-08-15 4:50 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - An animal-rights group sued the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Friday to stop a policy it says allows trophy hunters, circus acts and others dealing with threatened species to skirt the Endangered Species Act by making token donations to conservation groups.
- UN climate chief says technology has changed carbon politics Updated: May-07-15 7:28 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Technological advances that have reduced prices and improved efficiency of renewable energy have helped transform the politics around climate change since 2009 when an attempt to forge a global deal on reducing greenhouse gas emissions failed, the U.N. climate chief said Thursday.
- California ramps up efforts to cut greenhouse gas emissions Updated: Apr-29-15 7:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Building on California's ambitious effort to curb greenhouse gas emissions, Gov. Jerry Brown on Wednesday called on the state to further slash its carbon footprint over the next 15 years.
- Norway's finance minister doubts global warming is man-made Updated: Apr-29-15 7:59 am
STOCKHOLM - Norway's finance minister says she doubts that global warming is man-made, seemingly contradicting the country's official position in U.N. climate talks.