- The Latest: McGinty, Toomey tangle in victory speeches Updated: Apr-26-16 11:58 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on Pennsylvania's primary (all times local):
- 175 states sign landmark Paris deal on climate change Updated: Apr-22-16 6:08 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The historic agreement on climate change marked a major milestone on Friday with a record 175 countries signing on to it on opening day. But world leaders made clear more action is needed, and quickly, to fight a relentless rise in global temperatures.
- California governor's greenhouse-gas cuts scrutinized Updated: Apr-21-16 8:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The top lawyer for the California Legislature says Gov. Jerry Brown exceeded his authority when he issued an executive order imposing what he called the most aggressive carbon-emission reductions in North America, aligning California with the European Union's aggressive climate change standards.
- Paris climate agreement on track for early start Updated: Apr-21-16 12:51 pm
UNITED NATIONS - As many as 170 countries are expected to sign the Paris Agreement on climate change Friday in a symbolic triumph for a landmark deal that once seemed unlikely but now appears on track to enter into force years ahead of schedule.
- New Indonesia mill raises doubts about APP's forests pledge Updated: Apr-20-16 11:18 pm
JAKARTA, Indonesia - A landmark commitment by one of the world's largest producers of tissue and paper to stop cutting down Indonesia's prized tropical forests is under renewed scrutiny as the company prepares to open a giant pulp mill in South Sumatra.
- Study: Warming giving US type of weather we prefer - for now Updated: Apr-20-16 3:30 pm
WASHINGTON - Global warming has mostly made the weather more pleasant for Americans over the last 40 years, which may explain why much of the public doesn't rank climate change as big a threat as do scientists and the rest of the world, a new study suggests.
- Connecticut colleges to meet on sustainability issues Updated: Apr-03-16 9:32 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Representatives from colleges around Connecticut will meet this week to discuss strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.