- Houston sees public transportation ridership rise Updated: Mar-10-14 4:01 pm
- Va. taking long-term review of NC coal ash spill Updated: Mar-10-14 3:37 pm
- Contaminated water still troubles Japan nuke plant Updated: Mar-10-14 9:28 am
- South Dakota man sentenced for wildlife crime Updated: Mar-10-14 8:14 am
- Air testing at nuclear dump shows no contamination Updated: Mar-09-14 7:55 pm
- Upper Black Creek Watershed ecosystem project set Updated: Mar-09-14 1:49 pm
- Vt.'s Sen. Sanders to lead climate "wake-up" call Updated: Mar-09-14 1:23 pm
- Asian carp invade eastern South Dakota rivers Updated: Mar-09-14 12:50 pm
- State investigates spill from well near West Union Updated: Mar-09-14 12:44 pm
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law Updated: Mar-09-14 11:45 am
- Wood smoke plan could make new stoves too costly Updated: Mar-09-14 9:35 am
- NH officials urge well owners to test their water Updated: Mar-09-14 8:41 am
- China to tighten rules against pollution Updated: Mar-08-14 10:04 pm
- State sues over North Pole refinery contamination Updated: Mar-08-14 5:28 pm
- Former SD senator charged in illegal hunting case Updated: Mar-08-14 5:02 pm
- Mass., Conn., RI senators highlight climate change Updated: Mar-08-14 4:16 pm
- Outdoor classroom 'a real joy' Updated: Mar-08-14 3:35 pm
- Experts urge tourism shift away from NJ waterfront Updated: Mar-08-14 12:49 pm
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup Updated: Mar-08-14 2:32 am
- Man says he killed cougar to protect father Updated: Mar-07-14 8:28 pm
- Tucson bighorn deaths draws criticism of project Updated: Mar-07-14 7:56 pm
- Groups seek protection for rare beach flower Updated: Mar-07-14 7:32 pm
- MPCA expands air pollution alert in eastern Minn. Updated: Mar-07-14 1:58 pm
- Mandan diesel spill cleanup nearing completion Updated: Mar-07-14 11:55 am
- Quarantine against 5 invasive plants in Alaska Updated: Mar-07-14 10:30 am
HOUSTON - Long known for big pickup trucks and even bigger traffic jams, Texas' largest city is seeing its public transportation ridership rise.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia is examining any potential long-term environmental damage from a North Carolina coal ash spill on the Dan River and will hold Duke Energy "fully accountable" if any is found, the director of the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality said Monday.
OKUMA, Japan - The radioactive water that has accumulated at Japan's crippled nuclear power plant remains the biggest problem hampering the cleanup process three years after the disaster.
PIERRE, South Dakota - A Spencer man has been sentenced for illegally shooting 61 double-crested cormorants on a lake island near the southeastern South Dakota town.
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - New air testing in the nation's only underground nuclear repository showed no detectable radioactive contamination from a leak last month, the U.S. Department of Energy said Sunday.
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - A federal project to improve the ecosystem along the Upper Black Creek Watershed is getting underway in Mississippi.
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders will help lead an overnight session of the Senate's Climate Action Task Force in what he terms a wake-up call on global warming.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Asian carp are invading the rivers of eastern South Dakota.
WEST UNION, West Virginia - State regulators are investigating an oil spill from a private well near West Union.
SAN FRANCISCO - California's greenhouse gas reduction law already has shaken up the state's industrial sector, costing it more than $1.5 billion in pollution permit fees.
PORTLAND, Maine - In the poorest state in New England, where residents already struggle to heat their homes, officials are worried a federal proposal to reduce wood smoke pollution will make new stoves too expensive and prevent Mainers from buying cleaner technology.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Officials at the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services are urging everyone who has a private well to test their drinking water for contaminants.
BEIJING - China will tighten environmental legislation and force polluters to pay compensation following renewed blasts of toxic air, the country's top legislator said Sunday.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The state of Alaska has sued current and former owners of a North Pole refinery, claiming both caused or failed to stop a chemical spill that has damaged soil and groundwater.
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A former state senator is facing a misdemeanor charge after illegally killing a mountain lion that was caught in a bobcat trap in western South Dakota.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - U.S. senators from Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island are among 28 lawmakers who are preparing to hold the Senate floor all night long to urge congressional action on climate change.
MUNFORDVILLE, Kentucky - Western Kentucky University owns a little-known plot of land where biologists, schoolchildren and people wounded during war can marvel in the beauty of rural Kentucky and heal from trauma, while researchers also contribute to the scientific community.
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey - What makes the Jersey Shore attractive to millions of visitors every summer could prove to be its worst enemy over time.
TOKYO - There is something surprising in the radioactive wreck that is the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant: opportunity. To clean it up, Japan will have to develop technology and expertise that any nation with a nuclear reactor will one day need.
DETROIT - A man who pleaded guilty to killing a cougar in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in December said he was defending his father, but state wildlife officials said Friday the animal posed no threat and was poached, its heart cooked and some of it eaten by the men.
State wildlife officials addressed critics of its sheep-relocation project Friday, saying the effort could still prove successful despite the deaths of more than a dozen bighorns north of Tucson.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Conservation groups are seeking federal Endangered Species Act protection for a rare beach flower found in Oregon and California.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency has expanded its air pollution advisory and has now put the eastern two-thirds of the state under an air pollution health alert.
MANDAN, North Dakota - The city of Mandan this spring plans to shut down nearly all of the wells that have been sucking up an underground diesel fuel spill for nearly a decade.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The state Department of Natural Resources has established a quarantine for five invasive aquatic plant species that threaten to infest Alaska's rivers and lakes.