- SEC runner-up Missouri, Oklahoma St in Cotton Bowl Updated: Dec-08-13 10:12 pm
- Giants dumped from playoff picture with 37-14 loss Updated: Dec-08-13 9:51 pm
- Philip Rivers helps Chargers beat Giants 37-14 Updated: Dec-08-13 9:23 pm
- Pats beat Browns 27-26 with TD after onside kick Updated: Dec-08-13 6:59 pm
- Cowboys want to finish in December this time Updated: Dec-05-13 9:03 pm
- Brandon: Bills to review benefits of Toronto games Updated: Dec-04-13 4:20 pm
- Seahawks not satisfied with just being in playoffs Updated: Dec-03-13 5:24 pm
- 5 things to know after Seahawks rout Saints 34-7 Updated: Dec-03-13 3:33 am
- Seahawks beat Saints 34-7 to clinch playoff spot Updated: Dec-03-13 1:08 am
- Titans' late mistakes cost game, playoff control Updated: Dec-02-13 7:26 pm
- Bills lament how they fumbled away chance to win Updated: Dec-02-13 6:15 pm
- Ravens in control for 2nd wild-card slot in AFC Updated: Dec-02-13 6:14 pm
- Texans, Falcons go from top to basement Updated: Dec-02-13 5:27 pm
- Inconsistent Dolphins still in playoff race Updated: Dec-02-13 4:28 pm
- 5 things to know after Giants top Redskins 24-17 Updated: Dec-02-13 4:09 am
- Manning, Broncos own Chiefs and AFC West lead Updated: Dec-02-13 4:01 am
- Jets bench brutal Smith in 23-3 loss to Dolphins Updated: Dec-01-13 11:48 pm
- Dolphins stay in playoff mix, top Jets 23-3 Updated: Dec-01-13 11:45 pm
- 49ers defense rounding into form Updated: Nov-29-13 8:49 pm
- McCarthy: slumping Packers must win out Updated: Nov-29-13 1:17 pm
- Jones steps sideways as Ravens march forward Updated: Nov-29-13 12:31 pm
- Ravens enhance playoff hopes by beating Steelers Updated: Nov-29-13 3:59 am
- Lynch's playoff run still a highlight moment Updated: Nov-27-13 7:21 pm
- Seahawks remain on top as unanimous choice Updated: Nov-26-13 6:28 pm
- Surging Steelers not getting ahead of things Updated: Nov-25-13 5:46 pm
Missouri and Oklahoma State came so close to conference titles and being in the Bowl Championship Series.
SAN DIEGO - The New York Giants got themselves in big trouble with an 0-6 start, and then began to climb out of the hole by winning five of six.
SAN DIEGO - Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers still have Eli Manning's number.
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Nearly everything had to go right for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots to pull off their latest comeback.
IRVING, Texas - Jerry Jones sees a healthy and productive Tony Romo taking the Dallas Cowboys into December in playoff contention - same as the past two years.
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills center Eric Wood was not at all surprised hearing team president Russ Brandon raise concerns whether Buffalo loses a competitive edge playing annual home games in Toronto.
SEATTLE - Pete Carroll gathered his team in the locker room and finally offered some congratulations.
SEATTLE - A couple thousand Seahawks fans were crowded in front of the television stage when Russell Wilson walked out of the locker room still in full uniform.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans keep making mistakes at crucial times, and now they've lost control of their playoff destiny and possibly their last chance at a winning record.
ORCHARD PARK, New York - A day later, Bills coach Doug Marrone was still coming to grips with how Buffalo fumbled away a chance at victory.
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - After all they've been through this season, the Baltimore Ravens are right where they need to be with four games left on the schedule.
Three-quarters of the way to the NFL playoffs, the Texans and Falcons have taken charge - of the chase for the top overall draft pick.
DAVIE, Florida - The Miami Dolphins had a record of 3-3, and then 4-4, and then 5-5. Each time they lost the next game.
This was the kind of passing clinic for which Peyton Manning has become famous.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Jets' starting quarterback is uncertain, and their playoff hopes are fading.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The Miami Dolphins entered the final month of the regular season knowing exactly what's at stake. Win, and their postseason hopes look a lot better. Lose, and they might have to start considering next year.
SANTA CLARA, California - There's a good vibe in the San Francisco locker room as the 49ers prepare to hit the December stretch run, and it resonates around a defense coming off one of its most dominant performances of the season.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Still trying to make sense of one of the toughest losses in his successful tenure as Green Bay Packers coach, Mike McCarthy made it clear what his struggling team must accomplish.
BALTIMORE - Neither Mike Tomlin nor the Pittsburgh Steelers could stand in the way of the Baltimore Ravens' late-season playoff push.
BALTIMORE - For all of their shortcomings this season, the Baltimore Ravens are right in the middle of the playoff hunt.
RENTON, Washington - Inside the huddle, the call was for "17 power," a simple run play meant to get a handful of yards and to continue draining the clock.
The Seattle Seahawks were a unanimous choice Tuesday for the top spot in the AP Pro32 power rankings, and their opponent on Monday night, New Orleans, came in second.
PITTSBURGH - Fernando Velasco expected to see panic after the Pittsburgh Steelers limped through a winless September. Apathy and frustration are supposed to be part of the mix when a team gets off to its worst start in more than 40 years, right?