- Josh McCown has kept Bears in playoff race Updated: Dec-10-13 8:39 pm
- Steelers still focused on winning, not 2014 Updated: Dec-10-13 7:17 pm
- Patriots at Dolphins opens 3 weeks of showdowns Updated: Dec-10-13 3:16 pm
- Chargers' playoff hopes mathematically alive Updated: Dec-09-13 9:15 pm
- Defense rebounds to keep Packers in playoff chase Updated: Dec-09-13 7:50 pm
- Giants have now missed the playoffs 4 of 5 seasons Updated: Dec-09-13 7:08 pm
- AFC South winners seeking momentum for playoffs Updated: Dec-09-13 6:51 pm
- Latest win helps Dolphins' playoff chances Updated: Dec-09-13 6:36 pm
- Rivera: Panthers might have got full of themselves Updated: Dec-09-13 5:00 pm
- Steelers look for motivation as playoffs slip away Updated: Dec-09-13 4:33 pm
- 5 things to know for Monday in Pennsylvania Updated: Dec-09-13 8:52 am
- Philip Rivers helps Chargers beat Giants 37-14 Updated: Dec-09-13 12:54 am
- SEC runner-up Missouri, Oklahoma St in Cotton Bowl Updated: Dec-08-13 10:12 pm
- Giants dumped from playoff picture with 37-14 loss Updated: Dec-08-13 9:51 pm
- Pats beat Browns 27-26 with TD after onside kick Updated: Dec-08-13 6:59 pm
- Cowboys want to finish in December this time Updated: Dec-05-13 9:03 pm
- Brandon: Bills to review benefits of Toronto games Updated: Dec-04-13 4:20 pm
- Seahawks not satisfied with just being in playoffs Updated: Dec-03-13 5:24 pm
- 5 things to know after Seahawks rout Saints 34-7 Updated: Dec-03-13 3:33 am
- Seahawks beat Saints 34-7 to clinch playoff spot Updated: Dec-03-13 1:08 am
- Titans' late mistakes cost game, playoff control Updated: Dec-02-13 7:26 pm
- Bills lament how they fumbled away chance to win Updated: Dec-02-13 6:15 pm
- Ravens in control for 2nd wild-card slot in AFC Updated: Dec-02-13 6:14 pm
- Texans, Falcons go from top to basement Updated: Dec-02-13 5:27 pm
- Inconsistent Dolphins still in playoff race Updated: Dec-02-13 4:28 pm
CHICAGO - Quarterback Josh McCown has given the Chicago Bears a fighting chance.
PITTSBURGH - The playoffs are practically off the table for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones knows how it goes this time of the season, with so much at stake for so many teams.
SAN DIEGO - Eli Manning and the New York Giants are out of the way.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Lineman Johnny Jolly performed a little dance on the frozen turf after recovering a fumble. Back Jarrett Bush clutched the ball tightly in his left arm after his game-sealing interception, then pumped his chest with his other arm and let out a yell.
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Being eliminated from playoff contention is nothing new for the New York Giants. It's now happened four times in five years.
INDIANAPOLIS - Coach Chuck Pagano won't give anybody a break over the next three weeks.
DAVIE, Florida - Looking for their first playoff berth since 2008, the Miami Dolphins are getting warmer.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Coach Ron Rivera said Carolina's 31-13 loss to the Saints Sunday night was "humbling experience" and could help his team to refocus as it makes a playoff push.
PITTSBURGH - Troy Polamalu didn't want to talk about it.
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Monday:
SAN DIEGO - Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers still have Eli Manning's number.
Missouri and Oklahoma State came so close to conference titles and being in the Bowl Championship Series.
SAN DIEGO - The New York Giants got themselves in big trouble with an 0-6 start, and then began to climb out of the hole by winning five of six.
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Nearly everything had to go right for Tom Brady and the New England Patriots to pull off their latest comeback.
IRVING, Texas - Jerry Jones sees a healthy and productive Tony Romo taking the Dallas Cowboys into December in playoff contention - same as the past two years.
ORCHARD PARK, New York - Bills center Eric Wood was not at all surprised hearing team president Russ Brandon raise concerns whether Buffalo loses a competitive edge playing annual home games in Toronto.
SEATTLE - Pete Carroll gathered his team in the locker room and finally offered some congratulations.
SEATTLE - A couple thousand Seahawks fans were crowded in front of the television stage when Russell Wilson walked out of the locker room still in full uniform.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans keep making mistakes at crucial times, and now they've lost control of their playoff destiny and possibly their last chance at a winning record.
ORCHARD PARK, New York - A day later, Bills coach Doug Marrone was still coming to grips with how Buffalo fumbled away a chance at victory.
OWINGS MILLS, Maryland - After all they've been through this season, the Baltimore Ravens are right where they need to be with four games left on the schedule.
Three-quarters of the way to the NFL playoffs, the Texans and Falcons have taken charge - of the chase for the top overall draft pick.
DAVIE, Florida - The Miami Dolphins had a record of 3-3, and then 4-4, and then 5-5. Each time they lost the next game.