- 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith arrested at airport Updated: Apr-13-14 10:32 pm
- Seahawks lock up coach Pete Carroll with extension Updated: Apr-04-14 5:06 pm
- Big news yet to come from owners Updated: Mar-27-14 4:36 am
- Bills owner Ralph Wilson dies at 95 Updated: Mar-25-14 9:34 pm
- Policy change helps Packers avoid ticket criticism Updated: Mar-25-14 11:03 am
- NFL to discuss expanded playoffs Updated: Mar-19-14 4:28 pm
- Panthers QB Newton to have surgery, out 4 months Updated: Mar-18-14 4:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested Sunday at Los Angeles International Airport after authorities said he became belligerent during a security screening and threatened that he had a bomb.
SEATTLE - The first major contract extension finalized by the Seattle Seahawks following their Super Bowl title was a commitment to coach Pete Carroll - and to an ideology that finally proved successful at the professional level.
ORLANDO, Florida - NFL owners made plenty of news at their annual meetings, from shifting some video review oversight to the officiating headquarters to experimenting in the preseason with extra-point kicks from the 20-yard line.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - National Football League owners have made a post-season ticket policy change that will help the Green Bay Packers avoid the controversy that arose when the team qualified for the playoffs late in the 2013-2014 season.
NEW YORK - NFL owners likely will consider expanding the playoffs by two teams, beginning in 2015, when they hold their spring meetings in Orlando next week, but a vote on the subject is uncertain.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton will undergo surgery Wednesday on his left ankle and will be sidelined for four months, the Carolina Panthers announced.