- Michigan panel recommends allowing marijuana for autism Updated: Jul-31-15 4:11 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan would become the first state to allow medical marijuana for children with severe autism if a senior official follows the recommendation made Friday by an advisory panel.
- New York state picks 5 to grow, dispense medical marijuana Updated: Jul-31-15 2:16 pm
ALBANY, New York - The five companies picked to grow and dispense medical marijuana in New York include one run by a Minnesota physician, three with dispensaries in other states and another with a personal connection to those the state's new program aims to help.
- Medical pot dispensaries vying for space outside Medford Updated: Jul-31-15 1:45 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Medical marijuana dispensaries already are dueling for space in the first week that Jackson County has begun accepting permit applications to operate.
- 1st legal medical pot sold in Nevada 15 years after approved Updated: Jul-31-15 1:13 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - For the first time since Nevadans voted to legalize it 15 years ago, medical marijuana is being sold in the state legally.
- Lawsuit accuses CVS of overcharging for generic drugs Updated: Jul-30-15 9:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - CVS Health Corp. deliberately overcharged some pharmacy customers for generic drugs by submitting claims to their insurance companies at inflated prices, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday in federal court in San Francisco.
- Price hike adds to sticker shock for medical marijuana Updated: Jul-30-15 6:30 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - One of Minnesota's medical marijuana manufacturers has raised its prices substantially after less than a month in business, adding to a cost that many patients are already struggling to cover.
- Pot legalization group files new signatures in ballot effort Updated: Jul-30-15 6:23 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A campaign to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use in Ohio submitted more signatures Thursday as it tries to get the issue before fall voters.
- New state budget comes with higher costs for MinnesotaCare Updated: Jul-30-15 3:34 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers kept MinnesotaCare intact but not without a cost that will trickle down to some of the more than 100,000 low-income residents on the program in the form of higher monthly premiums starting in August.
- Judge denies appeal of condition for using pot for PTSD Updated: Jul-30-15 1:50 pm
PHOENIX - Medical marijuana advocates have lost a court challenge to conditions set by Arizona health officials for post-traumatic stress sufferers seeking to qualify for treatment.
- Nevada's first medical marijuana dispensary to open Updated: Jul-30-15 12:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - The first medical marijuana dispensary in Nevada is finally set to open in Sparks.
- Nevada medical marijuana patient acquitted of drug charges Updated: Jul-30-15 6:16 am
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas medical marijuana patient who was accused of preparing to sell drugs has been acquitted of two felony drug charges.
- As petition looms, Wyoming panel begins look at legal pot Updated: Jul-29-15 7:16 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming's anti-pot governor has a warning for a task force he's named to study the effects of legal marijuana: It CAN happen here.
- Daugaard unsupportive of medical, decriminalized marijuana Updated: Jul-29-15 7:11 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - Gov. Dennis Daugaard says he needs to review proposed ballot measures that would decriminalize marijuana possession and legalize medicinal cannabis, but the governor says he generally hasn't supported such proposals.
- Wheaton College ends student health plans over birth control Updated: Jul-29-15 3:25 pm
WHEATON, Illinois - Wheaton College in suburban Chicago will stop offering health insurance plans to students beginning Friday in an effort to avoid providing birth control coverage mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
- Then & Now: Medicare and Medicaid turn 50 Updated: Jul-29-15 12:45 pm
WASHINGTON - When President Lyndon B. Johnson signed Medicare and Medicaid into law on July 30, 1965, roughly half of Americans 65 and older had no health insurance.
- Health care spending to accelerate, US report says Updated: Jul-28-15 4:56 pm
WASHINGTON - The nation's respite from accelerating health care costs appears to be over.
- Court details rules for immunity in medical marijuana cases Updated: Jul-28-15 7:13 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court says judges should follow a four-part test before trial to determine whether defendants in cases involving medical marijuana are immune from prosecution.
- Covered California: Cost of health care coverage increasing Updated: Jul-27-15 9:16 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The cost of private individual health plans on California's state-run market will increase about 4 percent for the second straight year, evidence the strategy of forcing insurers to compete is controlling costs, program officials said Monday.
- Israel's Teva buys Allergan generic drug company for $40.5B Updated: Jul-27-15 8:16 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. said Monday it is purchasing Dublin-based Allergan PLC's generic pharmaceuticals business for $40.5 billion, in what Israeli analysts called the largest-ever acquisition by an Israeli company.
- More Minnesotans have health coverage but suits keep rising Updated: Jul-26-15 4:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The number of Minnesotans who have health insurance is rising but so is the number of state residents struggling to pay their medical bills.
- FDA OKs breakthrough cholesterol drug for high-risk patients Updated: Jul-24-15 6:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved a first-of-a-kind drug that lowers artery-clogging cholesterol more than older drugs that have been prescribed for decades.
- Bristol-Myers wins approval for 1st hepatitis C type 3 drug Updated: Jul-24-15 6:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - An experimental drug for one of the hardest-to-treat types of hepatitis C has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration, adding to the surge of new options - all much more effective but extremely costly - for patients with the liver-destroying virus.
- Man sentenced in widely-watched medical marijuana case Updated: Jul-24-15 5:31 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The only member of the so-called "Kettle Falls Five" marijuana-growing family to plead guilty has received a 16-month sentence, but will remain out of custody pending an appeal.
- Police: DEA joining probe in Santa Fe pot dispensary blast Updated: Jul-24-15 5:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration is joining an investigation into an explosion and fire at a Santa Fe medical marijuana dispensary that injured two people, police said Friday.
- Oregon TV anchor fired after testing positive for marijuana Updated: Jul-24-15 4:52 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon television anchor has turned into a marijuana activist after being fired for testing positive for the drug.