- Lawmakers approve final attempt to expand Medicaid Updated: Apr-18-14 12:11 am
- Conn. enrolls total of 208,301 in health coverage Updated: Apr-17-14 7:13 pm
- Illinois medical marijuana rules drop gun language Updated: Apr-17-14 3:43 pm
- Miss. legalizing marijuana extract as medicine Updated: Apr-17-14 3:25 pm
- Port Angeles pot grower would rather make movies Updated: Apr-17-14 1:44 pm
- Iowa insurance agency probed for overbilling Updated: Apr-17-14 1:28 pm
- UnitedHealth's 1Q profit tumbles 8 percent Updated: Apr-17-14 11:19 am
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Apr-17-14 11:14 am
- Judge orders Maricopa County to pay attorney fees Updated: Apr-17-14 4:08 am
- Kansas to mandate some health coverage on autism Updated: Apr-16-14 4:14 pm
- Walker signs bill legalizing pot byproduct Updated: Apr-16-14 3:02 pm
- Judge hears arguments over 2011 marijuana law Updated: Apr-16-14 12:24 pm
- RI law enforcement seek medical marijuana fixes Updated: Apr-16-14 6:28 am
- Hawaii weighs expanded coverage for infertility Updated: Apr-16-14 12:05 am
- Medical marijuana moratoriums in 71 Oregon cities Updated: Apr-15-14 11:04 am
- IU psychology students mentor middle schoolers Updated: Apr-15-14 11:01 am
- Needy kids in northeast Ohio get seized sneakers Updated: Apr-15-14 6:25 am
- ACLU seeks to oppose diocese in birth control suit Updated: Apr-14-14 8:13 pm
- Report projects health care costs to dip slightly Updated: Apr-14-14 1:55 pm
- Survey: Home, long-term care costs rise in Va Updated: Apr-14-14 10:16 am
- Survey: W.Va. home, long-term care costs rise Updated: Apr-14-14 10:14 am
- With new health law, insurers target diabetics Updated: Apr-13-14 2:20 pm
- Columbia groups to study pot cultivation measure Updated: Apr-13-14 11:11 am
- Medical marijuana trade show comes to Bangor Updated: Apr-13-14 9:17 am
- Corbett plan will test federal agency on Medicaid Updated: Apr-13-14 9:10 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - As the legislative session wound down on Thursday, Maine's Democratic-controlled Legislature approved a final attempt to expand health care coverage to about 70,000 low-income residents under the Affordable Care Act.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's health insurance exchange announced Thursday it enrolled 208,301 people in health plans during the first open enrollment period for the Affordable Care Act, more than double its original goal of 100,000.
CHICAGO - Illinois regulators finalizing the state's conditions for medical marijuana have removed a proposed rule that would have barred legal gun owners from becoming cannabis-using patients, a person close to the process told The Associated Press.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant has signed a bill to legalize a marijuana extract to be used as medicine under tightly controlled circumstances.
PORT ANGELES, Washington - Filmmaker Ryan Herring is growing pot in an effort to boost his production company.
DES MOINES, Iowa - State regulators are investigating an insurance agency accused of overbilling thousands of government employees for health care coverage.
UnitedHealth Group's first-quarter net income slid 8 percent as funding cuts to a key product and costs imposed by the health care overhaul dented the health insurer's performance.
St. Cloud Times, April 16
PHOENIX - A judge is ordering Maricopa County to pay $190,000 for attorney fees incurred by a Sun City medical dispensary operator which successfully challenged the county's refusal to provide zoning clearance for the facility.
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Kansas will require health insurance companies to cover services for hundreds of children with autism starting next year under a bill signed into law Wednesday by Gov. Sam Brownback after a six-year fight by lawmakers and parents for at least a limited mandate.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that legalizes the use of a marijuana byproduct to help treat children's seizures.
HELENA, Montana - The medical marijuana industry continues its efforts to overturn restrictions in a 2011 law that sought to rein in the number of providers and users in Montana.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's attorney general and others in a working group are urging state lawmakers to make some fixes to the state's marijuana program.
HONOLULU - When Piilani Smith was diagnosed with infertility at the doctor's office and chose to pursue fertility treatment, she was shocked by what she learned.
PORTLAND, Oregon - At least 71 Oregon cities have moratoriums on medical marijuana dispensaries, and more than 40 others are considering bans, according to the League of Oregon Cities and the Association of Oregon Counties.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - When they snapped on plastic gloves to hold a real human brain last week, Bloomington Project School students said they weren't even nervous.
AKRON, Ohio - Deputies in northeast Ohio say dozens of pairs of pricey athletic shoes seized in a drug case are going to be distributed to needy kids.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The American Civil Liberties Union is seeking to enter a pending federal lawsuit to argue against Roman Catholic organizations in Wyoming that are trying to block the birth-control coverage requirement in the federal health care overhaul.
WASHINGTON - The Affordable Care Act's health insurance subsidies will cost a little less than previously thought, according to a new report released Monday.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The cost of home and long-term health care is increasing in Virginia and is rising faster than national levels in some cases.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - An annual survey shows long-term and home health care costs in West Virginians are outpacing such costs nationally.
MIAMI - Diabetics beware. Your insurance company is looking for you.
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Columbia advisory panel researching a proposed ordinance that would decriminalize cultivation of small amounts of marijuana has agreed to work with the city's Board of Health on the issue before making a recommendation to the City Council this summer.
PORTLAND, Maine - The largest medical marijuana trade show in New England begins in Bangor on April 19.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Billions of dollars, better health care for Pennsylvania's poor and election-year politics are riding on Republican Gov. Tom Corbett's bid to bring Medicaid expansion money to the state under the 2010 federal health care law.