- Illinois medical marijuana patients now number 2,300 Updated: May-06-15 12:13 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois is continuing to approve patients to use medical marijuana, with about 300 more approval letters sent in April.
- $3.5 million in federal funds given to 6 La. health centers Updated: May-06-15 10:46 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Six Louisiana health centers have been awarded $3.5 million in federal funds.
- Puerto Rico rejects smoking marijuana for medicinal purposes Updated: May-05-15 7:38 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Smoking marijuana for medicinal purposes will not be allowed in Puerto Rico, but cannabis derivatives could be consumed in other ways, government officials said Tuesday as they provided more details on the governor's weekend executive order on cannabis use.
- Survey: More than 96 percent in state have health insurance Updated: May-05-15 7:28 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts continues to the lead the nation in health care with more than 96 percent of residents reporting coverage despite lingering cost barriers.
- At medical marijuana warehouse, plants rise as launch nears Updated: May-05-15 5:46 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Kim Kelsey walked row-by-row through a maze of hundreds of growing marijuana plants, dumbstruck, ecstatic and near tears at the 2-foot-tall plants and what she hopes they will do for her son.
- Dispute over felons in pot industry flares at Statehouse Updated: May-05-15 1:43 pm
DENVER - A dispute over felons in the marijuana business has complicated a much larger bill to renew medical marijuana regulations in the closing days of Colorado's legislative session.
- More than $1.6 million approved for Oklahoma health centers Updated: May-05-15 1:19 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - More than $1.6 million in Affordable Care Act funding has been approved for three new community health centers in Oklahoma for the delivery of comprehensive primary health care services.
- Law enforcement stance on pot starts to shift in Louisiana Updated: May-05-15 11:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Marijuana enthusiasts and law enforcement don't agree on much. But there's one point both concede: Louisiana's marijuana laws are exceptionally strict.
- China to lift price controls on most drugs starting June 1 Updated: May-05-15 6:25 am
BEIJING - Chinese regulators will lift price controls on most pharmaceutical drugs starting June 1 in hopes that the market-driven pricing system will keep medical costs in check, the National Development and Reform Commission announced Tuesday.
- Hawaii committee passes medical marijuana dispensaries bill Updated: May-04-15 10:16 pm
HONOLULU - Patients have waited nearly 15 years for legal access to medical marijuana in Hawaii, and they are now one step closer to reaching that goal.
- Louisiana Senate passes bill allowing medical marijuana Updated: May-04-15 8:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Roughly a year after a medical marijuana bill was shot down in committee, the Louisiana Senate on Monday passed a similar proposal that could get medical-grade pot to those suffering from cancer, glaucoma and a severe form of cerebral palsy.
- Illinois medical marijuana approved for PTSD, osteoarthritis Updated: May-04-15 5:25 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois' new medical marijuana program would cover thousands, perhaps millions, more patients under expansive recommendations that an advisory board agreed to Monday.
- Labor assists marijuana legalization effort in California Updated: May-03-15 3:43 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Organized labor is assisting efforts to frame a California ballot measure to legalize recreational marijuana use in the state, sensing an opportunity to expand its presence in the workplace.
- California lawmakers weigh rules for medicinal pot shops Updated: May-02-15 8:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - The California Legislature is considering multiple - and conflicting - plans to impose the first major statewide restrictions on medical marijuana dispensaries and growers.
- Former player seeks solution for NFL's concussion problem Updated: May-02-15 2:30 pm
CHICAGO - Former NFL defensive lineman Marvin Washington looks at Saturday's sports schedule and doesn't see such a spectacular lineup.
- SW Kansas mom finds herself at center of national pot debate Updated: May-02-15 1:50 pm
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - A southwest Kansas single mother who lost custody of her son for using medical marijuana to ease her Crohn's disease has gone from being a massage therapist eking out a living in the back of a health food store to a national figure at the center of the pot debate.
- Wolf opens door to running insurance marketplace Updated: May-01-15 4:40 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Wolf's administration advanced plans Friday to maintain federal health insurance subsidies for nearly 400,000 Pennsylvanians ahead of a U.S. Supreme Court decision that could wipe out the aid to insurance buyers in some states.
- Judge rules against state in suit over medical marijuana Updated: May-01-15 2:19 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Department of Health may be reviewing its rules for medical marijuana patients after a judge ruled that the agency cannot require them to exhaust "standard treatments" before they receive cannabis.
- CVS Health tops Street forecasts, as 1Q earnings climb 8 pct Updated: May-01-15 12:16 pm
Pricey specialty drugs are helping CVS Health thrive after kicking tobacco sales, with revenue from the treatments pushing first-quarter earnings well above Wall Street expectations for the drugstore chain and pharmacy benefits manager.
- Tests find woman killed in shootout had drugs in her system Updated: Apr-30-15 8:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas mother killed in a neighborhood shootout had a powerful pain medication and a common anti-anxiety muscle relaxant in her system before her organs were donated, according to blood test results cited Thursday by prosecution and defense attorneys.
- Oregon House passes bill targeting insurance confidentiality Updated: Apr-30-15 7:30 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Oregon House advanced legislation Thursday allowing patients to have information about their medical benefits sent directly to them, and not to the insurance policyholder.
- House rejects bid to let VA docs give advice on medical pot Updated: Apr-30-15 7:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The GOP-controlled House Thursday barely rejected a bid by supporters of medical marijuana to permit veterans to receive information about the drug from their government doctors.
- Minnesota infant deaths reflect racial gap Updated: Apr-30-15 3:29 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A new report from Minnesota health officials says babies born to black mothers are more than twice as likely to die in infancy as children born to white mothers, giving the state one of the widest infant mortality gaps in the nation.
- Oklahoma governor signs legislation for cannabis oil trials Updated: Apr-30-15 2:41 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Legislation authorizing medical trials for children with severe forms of epilepsy by using an oil derived from the marijuana plant has been signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin.
- Thursday is deadline for health coverage under tax extension Updated: Apr-30-15 5:41 am
MIAMI - Thursday is the last day to sign up for health insurance under the special tax-filing enrollment extension.