- 'Batkid,' Spider-Man hang out after Oscars cut Updated: Mar-07-14 3:56 pm
- Idina Menzel, 'Frozen' heat up pop charts Updated: Mar-06-14 1:25 pm
- Lupita Nyong'o and Jared Leto rock Prada's show Updated: Mar-05-14 5:17 pm
- NY Times prints Northup correction 161 years later Updated: Mar-04-14 7:49 pm
- John Travolta apologizes to Idina Menzel for flub Updated: Mar-04-14 7:01 pm
- Oscar pizza delivery man gets $1,000 tip Updated: Mar-04-14 5:22 pm
- Oscar winner Leto bringing band to Minnesota Fair Updated: Mar-04-14 5:03 pm
- Nielsen TV ratings: More good news for Oscars Updated: Mar-04-14 4:50 pm
- Film's Oscar wins feted in 2 upstate NY towns Updated: Mar-04-14 12:07 pm
- Ellen's Oscar celeb selfie a landmark media moment Updated: Mar-03-14 6:23 pm
- Post-Oscar sales jump for '12 Years a Slave' book Updated: Mar-03-14 4:44 pm
- Indians' John Axford 18 for 18 in Oscars picks Updated: Mar-03-14 3:19 pm
- Handler's Oscar tweets draw accusations of racism Updated: Mar-03-14 3:13 pm
- Italy cheers Oscar return but critics remain Updated: Mar-03-14 12:01 pm
- Pride of Africa: Kenya celebrates Nyong'o's Oscar Updated: Mar-03-14 9:04 am
- UK hails Oscar success as sign of surging industry Updated: Mar-03-14 8:02 am
- 'Great Beauty' wins best foreign language Oscar Updated: Mar-03-14 5:55 am
- Elton John party offers sublime, surreal moments Updated: Mar-03-14 5:52 am
- Ga. woman killed by train honored on Oscar night Updated: Mar-03-14 5:49 am
- AP PHOTOS: What they wore at the Oscars Updated: Mar-03-14 5:49 am
- '20 Feet from Stardom' wins documentary Oscar Updated: Mar-03-14 1:25 am
- Oscarcast: A fine scene hosted by Ellen DeGeneres Updated: Mar-03-14 12:44 am
- No Oscars show for broadcast TV in Venezuela Updated: Mar-03-14 12:28 am
- WHAT'S SO FUNNY? Updated: Mar-03-14 12:25 am
- '12 Years a Slave' wins best picture Oscar Updated: Mar-03-14 12:05 am
SAN FRANCISCO - A California boy who was treated for leukemia and became famous as "Batkid" got to spend time with another superhero after his planned appearance at the Academy Awards was cut.
NEW YORK - Tony-winning Idina Menzel - or Adele Dazeem if you're John Travolta - is enjoying massive success with "Let It Go" from the animated film "Frozen," but the entertainer is still perplexed that she's finally triumphing on the pop charts with a show tune-esque track.
PARIS - Upstaging a Louis Vuitton show is hard, but somehow Miuccia Prada managed it, thanks to Lupita Nyong'o and Jared Leto.
NEW YORK - The New York Times has printed a correction for misspelling 161 years ago the name of a black man who was sold into slavery and whose memoirs were turned into the Oscar-winning movie "12 Years a Slave."
NEW YORK - John Travolta has apologized to Tony Award winner Idina Menzel for mangling the pronunciation of her name during the Oscars telecast, saying he'd been "beating myself up" over it.
LOS ANGELES - The pizza delivery man who fed stars at the Oscars received a best tip award for a supporting player: $1,000 in cash handed over by ceremony host Ellen DeGeneres.
FALCON HEIGHTS, Minnesota - Oscar-winning actor Jared Leto is bringing his band Thirty Seconds to Mars to the Minnesota State Fair Grandstand this summer.
NEW YORK - The Nielsen ratings company has raised its estimate of Sunday's Oscars viewership to 43.7 million people, meaning the Ellen DeGeneres-hosted show had the biggest audience of any Academy Awards since 2000.
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Two upstate New York communities are hoping the Oscars won by "12 Years a Slave" will shine the spotlight on their roles in the life of Solomon Northup.
NEW YORK - Ellen DeGeneres' celeb-studded selfie from the most-watched Oscars telecast in a decade was a landmark social media moment at a time online conversation is boosting television viewership and vice versa.
NEW YORK - "12 Years a Slave" is getting a post-Oscar bump - for the book it was based on.
SURPRISE, Arizona - After converting 49 consecutive saves from 2011 to early 2012, John Axford has another streak going.
LOS ANGELES - Comedian Chelsea Handler drew accusations of racism after she was invited to take over The Huffington Post's Twitter account during Sunday night's Oscars and repeatedly touted her upcoming book, "Uganda Be Kidding Me," whenever "12 Years A Slave" received an award.
ROME - Italy celebrated Monday after "The Great Beauty" ended the country's 15-year hiatus and won the Oscar for best foreign-language film. But even the film's muse lamented the fallen Rome it portrays and critics including the Vatican said it was just a cheap Fellini knockoff.
NAIROBI, Kenya - "You are the pride of Africa," Kenya's president exclaimed on Twitter as he celebrated Kenya's first major Oscar win by actress Lupita Nyong'o.
LONDON - The big winners on Oscar night may have been set in the 19th-century American South and outer space, but for many people across the Atlantic, this year's Academy Awards belonged to Britain.
LOS ANGELES - It took an ode to five-time Oscar winner Federico Fellini to break Italy's 14-yearlong drought in the foreign language category.
LOS ANGELES - The Academy Awards were on at Elton John AIDS Foundation's viewing dinner party, but the real entertainment came from the performances, celeb watching, and the surreal moments of the evening.
ATLANTA - A 27-year-old camera assistant killed by a train during a movie shoot in southeast Georgia was remembered by her colleagues on Oscar night.
Academy Award winners create buzz. Then there's the buzz generated by what the winners (and others) wore.
LOS ANGELES - Darlene Love made sure not to fade into the background when a film about backup singers won an Oscar Sunday night.
NEW YORK - With only a week to catch our breath after the lengthy cavalcade of Winter Olympics coverage, this year's Oscarcast may have seemed a refreshingly snug handout of awards. After all, it lasted only slightly more than three and a half hours, aired on ABC from a single venue (Hollywood's Dolby Theatre), and was emceed by the comfortably reliable Ellen DeGeneres.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Roughly half of Venezuela's TV audience was not able to watch supporting actor winner Jared Leto express solidarity with all the "dreamers" in Ukraine and Venezuela as he accepted his Oscar.
What interrupted Jennifer Lawrence's presentation of the best actor trophy?
LOS ANGELES - The searing slavery drama "12 Years a Slave" has won the Academy Award for best picture.