- Biloxi schools nab $1 million STEM, military grant Updated: Oct-08-15 9:14 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Biloxi School District has received a $1 million grant to enhance math and science education and provide more support for military families.
- U of L, UK receiving $3.7M grant for micro/nanotechnology Updated: Sep-22-15 4:01 am
- DRI's Nevada Medal to ex-Navy pilot turned drone researcher Updated: Sep-19-15 12:52 pm
RENO, Nevada - The newest winner of a prestigious scientific award at Nevada's Desert Research Institute is a former military pilot and pioneer in the research of drones who was told a decade ago she was wasting her time studying unmanned aerial systems.
- Board of Regents prioritizes KU science in budget request Updated: Sep-18-15 5:33 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Board of Regents approved its budget request for the next legislative session on Thursday, placing at the top of its list of priorities a request for state lawmakers to provide more than $10 million in funding to build new science facilities at the University of Kansas.
- Novel plan to curb drug costs seeks candidates' attention Updated: Sep-18-15 1:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Consumer-friendly ratings of the benefits of new drugs. Limits on what patients pay. Requiring drug companies to disclose how much they actually spend on research.
- Maine Medical Center gets $6.8M to learn how to grow kidneys Updated: Sep-11-15 7:12 am
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - Scientists at a Maine medical research institute are receiving $6.8 million to learn how to use adult stem cells to grow kidneys.
- University of Michigan gets $11.3M in research grants Updated: Sep-11-15 2:44 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan is getting roughly $11.3 million in grants from the National Science Foundation for research projects including manufacturing and election fraud.
- Deal gives Fox majority stake in National Geographic media Updated: Sep-09-15 6:24 pm
WASHINGTON - The 127-year-old nonprofit National Geographic Society has struck a $725 million deal that gives 21st Century Fox a majority stake in National Geographic magazine and other media properties, expanding an existing TV partnership.
- University of Michigan launches $100M data initiative Updated: Sep-08-15 3:49 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan will invest $100 million over the next five years to create opportunities for students and faculty researchers to tap into the potential of "big data" from a wide spectrum of fields.