- Oregon Legislature approves budget, adjourns Updated: Mar-07-14 9:43 pm
- Va awards $2M to boost teacher science, math Updated: Mar-06-14 2:55 am
- Blacks Hills State planning underground campus Updated: Feb-28-14 10:47 am
- Teen helps scientists study her own rare disease Updated: Feb-27-14 5:37 pm
- Steelcase donating facility as education hub Updated: Feb-26-14 12:53 pm
- IU scientists worry about drop in science funding Updated: Feb-22-14 3:07 pm
- 2 Brown professors awarded Sloan Fellowships Updated: Feb-22-14 10:08 am
- 800 new technology jobs announced for Bossier City Updated: Feb-18-14 5:22 pm
- Officials: Teacher in NYC school blast reassigned Updated: Feb-11-14 7:50 am
- VCU receives $1.5 NIH grant Updated: Feb-10-14 2:07 am
- Purdue, Cook team up for life sciences fund Updated: Feb-05-14 10:37 am
SALEM, Oregon - The state Legislature voted Friday to approve funding for cancer research facilities at Oregon Health & Science University, got the budget back in balance and then adjourned the 2014 session.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia Department of Education is awarding more than $2 million in grants to enhance teachers' knowledge of science, technology, engineering and math and their ability to teach the subjects.
SPEARFISH, South Dakota - Black Hills State University said it plans to open a campus deep underground at the Sanford Underground Research Facility in Lead.
WASHINGTON - First the teenager survived a rare cancer. Then she wanted to study it, spurring a study that helped scientists find a weird gene flaw that might play a role in how the tumor strikes.
GAINES TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Office furniture maker Steelcase Inc. plans to donate its massive pyramid-shaped former research facility in western Michigan to a nonprofit foundation for use as an education hub for the study of "STEM" subjects: science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - Kuang He's future is tied to science; it's a future that's anything but certain.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Two professors at Brown University have been awarded Sloan Fellowships for their research in chemistry and computer science.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A computer services company announced Tuesday that it plans to open a new technology center in Bossier City, creating 800 new jobs and bolstering efforts to position northwest Louisiana as a center for cybersecurity work.
NEW YORK - A New York City chemistry teacher has been reassigned pending an investigation after two of her students suffered burns during a lab experiment.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Commonwealth University has received a five-year grant totaling nearly $1.5 million to enhance teaching and advising at VCU and John Tyler Community College and Thomas Nelson Community College.
WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana - Purdue Research Foundation and Cook Medical have created a $12 million evergreen investment fund to financially support life science startup companies tied to Purdue University.