- Koch, Kravis donate total of $250M for hospitals, research Updated: May-20-15 9:38 am
NEW YORK - Industrialist David H. Koch (kohk) and financier Henry R. Kravis have made separate donations totaling $250 million for hospitals and medical research in New York City.
- International scientists converge on School of Mines campus Updated: May-16-15 5:01 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - More than 100 physicists, chemists and other scientists from around the world will converge on Rapid City Monday to discuss dark matter, neutrino physics and many other experiments being conducted at South Dakota's underground laboratory in Lead.
- $1.5M grant goes to physics research at University of Hawaii Updated: May-07-15 11:04 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii's Congressional delegation has announced a new $1.5 million grant for physics research at the University of Hawaii.
- Nuke lab workers recovering after being burned in accident Updated: May-06-15 11:58 am
LOS ALAMOS, New Mexico - One Los Alamos National Laboratory employee has been released from the hospital and another is in critical but stable condition after being burned in an accident last weekend at the nuclear weapons research facility.
- DOE awards geothermal research grants in NV, UT, CA, ID, OR Updated: Apr-27-15 9:23 pm
RENO, Nevada - The U.S. Energy Department awarded grants Monday to scientists in Nevada and four other western states to develop research for a national lab aimed at tapping hard-to-get-to geothermal energy they say someday could provide enough power to supply 100 million homes.