- Do-it-yourself biotech lab opens in Seattle Updated: Dec-04-13 3:33 pm
- LSU researcher receives $2 million grant Updated: Dec-03-13 6:59 am
- Rutgers revamps lab disaster plans following Sandy Updated: Dec-01-13 12:11 pm
- UW gets grant for research aircraft Updated: Nov-24-13 11:31 am
- UT professor wins grant to develop new condom Updated: Nov-21-13 4:09 am
- EPA awards grants to reduce mercury exposure Updated: Nov-20-13 6:49 pm
- $25M grant to establish research center in Buffalo Updated: Nov-10-13 3:11 pm
- 10-story building planned for UDel research campus Updated: Nov-10-13 12:58 pm
- $15M in EPA grants to Nev. for safe drinking water Updated: Nov-08-13 6:09 pm
- SIU Edwardsville dedicates new science building Updated: Nov-05-13 9:09 am
SEATTLE - Remember how cool science was when you were a kid?
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU professor Graca Vicente has been awarded a grant worth more than $2 million from the National Institutes of Health to continue research on a project titled the "Initiative for Maximizing Student Development," or IMSD.
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - When Hurricane Sandy knocked out the power to most of New Jersey last year, the lights - and more importantly, the freezers - stayed on at Rutgers University's Cell and DNA Repository in Piscataway.
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming's King Air research aircraft will benefit from a $1.2 million grant from the National Science Foundation.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A chemistry professor at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, has received a grant to build a better condom.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded four grants totaling over $3.6 million for projects designed to reduce exposure to mercury and other toxins for people eating Great Lakes fish.
BUFFALO, New York - A new research center is planned for Buffalo using a $25 million grant from the National Science Foundation.
NEWARK, Delaware - Newark's skyline may soon be changing with a developer's plans to build a 10-story office tower for the University of Delaware's research campus.
RENO, Nevada - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded $15 million in grants to Nevada to help provide low-cost loans for improvements to drinking water and wastewater treatment facilities.
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville has dedicated the school's new $52 million science building.