- Wet weather systems increasingly more rare in Southwest Updated: Feb-05-16 4:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - The southwestern United States has already begun a long-predicted shift into a decidedly drier climate, a new study looking at the last 35 years of weather pattern concluded.
- The Latest: Puerto Rico declares Zika emergency Updated: Feb-05-16 3:03 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Latest on efforts to battle the Zika virus (all times local):
- LaGrange College launches $21M project to boost sciences Updated: Feb-05-16 5:12 am
LAGRANGE, Georgia - LaGrange College officials have announced a $21 million project to produce a 43,000-square-foot laboratory facility and renovate a 27,000-square-foot science building.
- Southern Indiana facility brings farm education to students Updated: Feb-01-16 8:25 am
SEYMOUR, Indiana - In 1948, the U.S. War Assets Administration donated 220 acres of land near the former Freeman Army Airfield to Seymour Community School Corp.
- Navy gives University of New Orleans nearly $1 million grant Updated: Jan-25-16 7:32 am
NEW ORLEANS - A new research center at the University of New Orleans has received a nearly $1 million grant from the Navy to study how to mine and visualize large amounts of data.
- EXCHANGE: Doctors work for pancreatic cancer cure Updated: Jan-22-16 7:02 am
PEORIA, Illinois - If it wasn't for groups like the Theresa Tracy Strive to Survive, Drs. Christopher Gondi and Manu Gnanamony may not be able to continue their research at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
- Indiana University gets $5M to lead cybersecurity center Updated: Jan-18-16 4:01 am
BLOOMINGTON - Indiana University's Bloomington campus soon will get an opportunity to lead a group of institutions to solve cybersecurity issues after it received a $5 million grant from the National Science Foundation.
- Scientist who faked AIDS research loses bid for sentence cut Updated: Jan-14-16 9:56 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - An appeals court has refused to order a lower sentence for a former Iowa State University scientist who faked AIDS vaccine research results.
- Pawtucket to get $83K Environmental Protection Agency grant Updated: Jan-11-16 7:02 am
PAWTUCKET, Rhode Island - Officials will announce Monday that Pawtucket is set to receive an $83,000 federal grant to improve water quality in the Greater Narragansett Bay watershed.