- Iowa DNR monitors deer for chronic wasting disease Updated: Dec-07-13 5:09 am
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore Updated: Dec-06-13 5:41 pm
- Heat's Wade misses game vs. Bulls due to illness Updated: Dec-05-13 9:06 pm
- Deer kill down in 2013 because of snow, disease Updated: Dec-05-13 6:48 pm
- Vt. testing deer samples to test for EEE virus Updated: Dec-05-13 11:46 am
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Dec-04-13 3:08 pm
- 1st new CWD case in 5 years from Wis. game farm Updated: Dec-03-13 11:39 am
- Hong Kong reports 1st case of H7N9 bird flu Updated: Dec-02-13 10:16 pm
- Students find frog-killing fungus in Kansas Updated: Dec-01-13 4:00 pm
- Ohio monitors deer for health, public safety Updated: Dec-01-13 3:59 pm
- Scientists find mystery virus in camels in Qatar Updated: Nov-29-13 11:50 am
- 41-year-old elephant dies at Zoo Miami Updated: Nov-29-13 5:34 am
- Vet: Bald eagle likely died from lead poisoning Updated: Nov-27-13 5:26 pm
- Settlement reached in California beef recall case Updated: Nov-27-13 4:40 pm
- Wis. DNR upgrades online deer disease map Updated: Nov-27-13 5:04 am
- Veterinarians aim to limit Humane Society services Updated: Nov-26-13 2:01 pm
- Case of bovine TB linked to northeast Neb. herd Updated: Nov-26-13 12:37 pm
- Mich. officials report bacterial disease in dogs Updated: Nov-26-13 12:11 pm
- Whooping cough shot cuts illness, maybe not spread Updated: Nov-25-13 5:39 pm
- Business as usual on Mo. deer opener Updated: Nov-23-13 11:04 am
- Rarely seen Risso's dolphin washes ashore on Maui Updated: Nov-22-13 7:23 pm
- Raccoon found in Weirton tests positive for rabies Updated: Nov-22-13 9:56 am
- Montana agency to vaccinate Yellowstone bison Updated: Nov-21-13 7:27 pm
- Tenn. links strain of E. coli to raw milk, waste Updated: Nov-21-13 1:13 pm
- Tenn. links strain of E. coli to raw milk, waste Updated: Nov-21-13 12:50 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa officials will continue to monitor deer samples for any signs of chronic wasting disease in the wild herd.
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Florida - Twenty whales believed to be part of a pod found stranded in the Everglades this week were spotted Friday afternoon moving closer toward shore, a sign they may be reversing their earlier, positive course, wildlife officials said.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan authorities say this year's deer harvest appears to be down significantly from 2012 because of weather, disease and rule changes.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont biologists will be testing more than 700 blood samples taken from deer and moose across the state this fall as part of an effort to track the virus that causes Eastern Equine Encephalitis.
Appleton Post-Crescent, Nov. 29
ELAND, Wisconsin - A deer killed on a hunting preserve in central Wisconsin has tested positive for chronic wasting disease, the first new case in five years on a game farm in the state, officials said.
HONG KONG - Hong Kong has reported its first case of the H7N9 bird flu strain, in a possible sign the virus is spreading beyond mainland China since it first emerged there earlier this year.
WICHITA, Kansas - An amphibian-killing fungus has turned up in streams and ponds in Kansas, raising concerns among biologists.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's Division of Wildlife is monitoring deer around the state for reasons including health and public safety as deer-gun season opens this week.
LONDON - Health officials say they have found a mysterious respiratory virus in a herd of camels in Qatar linked to two human cases of the disease.
MIAMI - A 41-year-old Zoo Miami elephant is dead.
HILL CITY, South Dakota - A veterinarian says a bald eagle found in the Black Hills likely died from lead poisoning.
SANTA ANA, California - A California slaughterhouse, a meat-packing facility and two companies that provided loans to the operations have agreed to settlements after allegations of inhumane treatment led to a massive recall that included beef sold to the National School Lunch Program, according to the deal announced Wednesday.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources has upgraded their online map tracking chronic wasting disease.
BOISE, Idaho - Competition-wary veterinarians want the 2014 Legislature to put strict limits on services that nonprofit organizations such as the Idaho Humane Society can offer pet owners.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Authorities say a cow from northeast Nebraska has been diagnosed with a case of bovine tuberculosis.
LANSING, Michigan - State officials say they've had three investigations into a bacterial disease that affects dogs in Michigan during the past four months.
ATLANTA - A government study offers a new theory on why the whooping cough vaccine doesn't seem to be working as well as expected.
MACON, Missouri - For the moment, hunters in northeast Missouri weren't thinking about the ominous threat of the future that came in the form of a contagious, deadly disease among deer.
HONOLULU - A rarely seen dolphin that lives in deep waters off Hawaii washed ashore on Maui last weekend.
WEIRTON, West Virginia - A raccoon found in Weirton has tested positive for rabies.
EMIGRANT, Montana - The Montana Department of Livestock plans to start a vaccination program for bison from Yellowstone National Park in February, the state veterinarian told a group of state, federal and tribal agencies that manages the animals that wander into Montana.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee health officials have confirmed that a strain of E. coli that sickened nine children has been matched to animal waste collected at a dairy farm that sells raw milk.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A strain of E. coli that sickened nine children has been matched to animal waste collected at an East Tennessee dairy farm that sells raw milk, which state health officials say highlights the risks of drinking the unpasteurized product.