- Voters in Vermillion to decide day care ordinance in June Updated: May-24-15 9:20 am
VERMILLION, South Dakota - Voters in Vermillion will head to the polls next month to decide the fate of the city's day care ordinance.
- AG charges man with felony for fake election news release Updated: May-22-15 12:47 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's attorney general says a man faces a felony charge after sending out a fake news release saying a woman vying for a House set in a special election had dropped out of the race.
- Toledo mayor's widow announces run to finish his term Updated: May-20-15 9:57 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - The widow of Toledo's former mayor is announcing that she'll run in a special election to complete the remaining two years of his term.
- Harrison GOP says state party interfered in mayor's race Updated: May-15-15 9:25 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Harrison County Republican Executive Committee is protesting what it calls the state party's interference in the Biloxi mayor's race.
- Special elections set for August for 2 Pa. House vacancies Updated: May-11-15 4:02 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Vacancies in state House districts in the Harrisburg suburbs and outside Chester will be filled during special elections scheduled for this summer.
- 13 compete in north Mississippi congressional election Updated: May-09-15 6:50 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Thirteen candidates are competing in Tuesday's special congressional election in north Mississippi. With so many on the ballot, the race is expected to go to a June 2 runoff between the top two.
- Prosecutor in Eric Garner chokehold case elected to Congress Updated: May-06-15 9:00 am
NEW YORK - A U.S. House seat in deeply Democratic New York City will remain under Republican control.
- Richardson wins state Assembly seat in NY special election Updated: May-05-15 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - A Democrat running on the Working Families Party line has won the race for the 43rd state Assembly District seat.
- Governor sets special election to replace outgoing senator Updated: May-05-15 5:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has scheduled a special election in July to replace state Sen. Paul Farrow.
- Jackson County to vote on tourism tax Updated: May-05-15 10:59 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Jackson County supervisors have decided to go ahead with a special election June 23 for a 2 percent tourism tax on hotel and motel rooms, rather than wait for the November general election.
- Special election in New York City for Grimm, Assembly seats Updated: May-04-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Voters in Staten Island and certain sections of Brooklyn are getting another chance to make their political preferences known as a special election is held Tuesday to fill a vacancy in the state Assembly and another in Congress after a Republican's tax evasion conviction.
- Voters approve bill to fund new high school in Auburn Updated: Apr-30-15 5:56 am
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn voters overwhelmingly approved a bond to finance a new high school in a special election.
- Montana legislative session closes with successes and flops Updated: Apr-29-15 8:21 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana lawmakers went home this week having passed landmark legislation including a Republican route to expand Medicaid, a water use agreement for the Flathead Indian Reservation and a new law to disclose "dark money" in political campaigns.
- Legal fight over voter IDs in Wisconsin continues Updated: Apr-27-15 3:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - With two special elections looming next month and one to fill a vacancy in the state Senate coming later this year, opponents of Wisconsin's new voter identification law want a federal court to expand the number of IDs that voters can show at the polls.