- Pa. GOP feud spills into public at sensitive time Updated: Mar-08-14 9:21 am
- Libertarian candidate in Fla. race gains traction Updated: Mar-07-14 2:21 pm
- Mass. special election primaries held Updated: Mar-05-14 7:17 am
- Pottawattamie County veterans office funding OK'd Updated: Mar-05-14 7:07 am
- Ames voters reject borrowing for convention center Updated: Mar-04-14 10:43 pm
- Attorney submits US Senate vacancy initiative Updated: Mar-04-14 8:17 pm
- Mail-in ballots key in special congressional race Updated: Mar-04-14 7:02 pm
- Philly council seat special election set for May Updated: Mar-04-14 12:33 pm
- Cryans, Kenney race for NH executive council seat Updated: Mar-02-14 11:35 am
- Ex-Democratic Rep. Taylor running in GOP primary Updated: Feb-28-14 7:37 pm
- Holder-Winfield sworn in as newest Conn. senator Updated: Feb-28-14 6:59 pm
- Ark. gov. OKs bill to keep Lt. Gov. office vacant Updated: Feb-28-14 11:33 am
- Lawmakers OK bill keeping Ark. lt. gov office open Updated: Feb-27-14 3:01 pm
- McCain-Slaughter lawsuit set before election Updated: Feb-27-14 7:58 am
- Field set in race to replace Fla. congressman Updated: Feb-26-14 2:25 pm
- Morin wins Woonsocket election for RI House seat Updated: Feb-26-14 6:22 am
- Ark. House committee set to consider lt. gov. bill Updated: Feb-26-14 3:19 am
- Holder-Winfield wins special election in Conn. Updated: Feb-26-14 2:59 am
- 1st-term Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba dies at 66 Updated: Feb-25-14 9:39 pm
- Fla. candidate speaks about crash that killed man Updated: Feb-25-14 4:35 pm
- Dingell, longest-serving congressman, to retire Updated: Feb-24-14 7:57 pm
- Mass. congress members stockpiling campaign cash Updated: Feb-22-14 2:19 pm
- Senate OKs keeping lieutenant governor office open Updated: Feb-20-14 7:46 pm
- Mo. judge rules against special election lawsuit Updated: Feb-18-14 7:20 pm
- Election set for Conway County tax increase Updated: Feb-17-14 10:58 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The simmering feud between establishment Republicans in Pennsylvania and the party's wing of anti-establishment conservatives is exploding into the public in a way it rarely, if ever, has. And it is doing so at a time when Republicans are at risk of losing the control of Harrisburg they have enjoyed for three years.
DUNEDIN, Florida - Lucas Overby sits in the lobby of a retirement condominium on the Gulf of Mexico, surrounded by a dozen senior citizens, all old enough to be his grandparents. He's running for Congress, and every vote counts when there's only a handful of days before Tuesday's special election.
BOSTON - A former state parks official has won the Democratic nomination to succeed Boston Mayor Martin Walsh in the state House of Representatives.
Pottawattamie County voters have approved funding for a new veterans affairs office in downtown Council Bluffs.
AMES, Iowa - Voters in Ames have rejected a proposal to borrow up to $19 million to pay the city's share of a convention center at Iowa State University.
HELENA, Montana - A Helena attorney submitted a ballot initiative proposal Tuesday that would change Montana law to take away the governor's power to fill U.S. Senate vacancies and instead require special elections.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - In the 2012 general election, more people voted by mail in Pinellas County than in any other Florida county and that could have a major impact on next week's special election to replace the late Congressman C.W. Bill Young.
PHILADELPHIA - A special election to fill a vacant seat on the Philadelphia City Council will be held in conjunction with the May 20 primary election in Pennsylvania.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democrat Michael Cryans and Republican Joe Kenney will face off next week in a special election for the North Country's executive council seat left vacant when longtime councilor Ray Burton died in November.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former Democratic congressman from south Mississippi is running as a Republican this year, trying to unseat the man who knocked him out of office in 2010.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The newest member of the Connecticut Senate has been sworn into office.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A spokesman says Gov. Mike Beebe won't call a special election to replace Lt. Gov. Mark Darr after signing legislation aimed at keeping the state's No. 2 constitutional office vacant for the rest of the year.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas House has approved a measure that keeps the lieutenant governor's office vacant until the general election in November.
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - A state district judge has reset the trial date in the wrongful termination lawsuit Port Allen Chief Financial Officer Audrey McCain filed against former Mayor Demetric Slaughter.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Four Republicans, a Democrat and a Libertarian are running to replace a disgraced Florida congressman.
WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island - Democrat Michael Morin has easily won a special election in Woonsocket for a seat in the state legislature.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas House committee is scheduled to consider a Senate bill that would keep the lieutenant governor's office vacant until the November election.
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Democratic state Rep. Gary Holder-Winfield of New Haven has won a special state senate election to succeed veteran Toni Harp, who's now the mayor of New Haven.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba (SHOW-kway Lu-MOOM-bah), a nationally prominent attorney and human rights activist who persuaded voters into accepting a sales tax to fix crumbling roads and infrastructure in Mississippi's capital, died Tuesday.
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Florida Republican congressional hopeful David Jolly was not charged and not at fault in a 1989 car crash in which he fatally struck a pedestrian, according to a Florida Highway Patrol report.
SOUTHGATE, Michigan - Rep. John Dingell, who played a key role in some of the biggest liberal legislative victories of the past 60 years, said Monday that he will not try to add to what is already the longest congressional career in history.
BOSTON - Members of Massachusetts' all-Democratic congressional delegation are stockpiling campaign cash as they head into another election year, with many relying heavily on contributions from political action committees as they try to hold off Republicans intent on breaking their grip.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Senate unanimously approved a bill Thursday that would avoid a special election this year for the lieutenant governor's position left open by the resignation of Mark Darr.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon prevailed Tuesday against a lawsuit that sought to compel him to more quickly set special elections for vacant legislative seats.
MORRILTON, Arkansas - A special election is set for next month for voters in Conway County to consider a 0.25 percent sales-tax increase aimed at bringing new jobs to the area.