- Prosecutor in Eric Garner chokehold case elected to Congress Updated: May-06-15 9:00 am
NEW YORK - A U.S. House seat in deeply Democratic New York City will remain under Republican control.
- Richardson wins state Assembly seat in NY special election Updated: May-05-15 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - A Democrat running on the Working Families Party line has won the race for the 43rd state Assembly District seat.
- Governor sets special election to replace outgoing senator Updated: May-05-15 5:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has scheduled a special election in July to replace state Sen. Paul Farrow.
- Jackson County to vote on tourism tax Updated: May-05-15 10:59 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Jackson County supervisors have decided to go ahead with a special election June 23 for a 2 percent tourism tax on hotel and motel rooms, rather than wait for the November general election.
- Special election in New York City for Grimm, Assembly seats Updated: May-04-15 4:13 pm
NEW YORK - Voters in Staten Island and certain sections of Brooklyn are getting another chance to make their political preferences known as a special election is held Tuesday to fill a vacancy in the state Assembly and another in Congress after a Republican's tax evasion conviction.
- Voters approve bill to fund new high school in Auburn Updated: Apr-30-15 5:56 am
AUBURN, Alabama - Auburn voters overwhelmingly approved a bond to finance a new high school in a special election.
- Montana legislative session closes with successes and flops Updated: Apr-29-15 8:21 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana lawmakers went home this week having passed landmark legislation including a Republican route to expand Medicaid, a water use agreement for the Flathead Indian Reservation and a new law to disclose "dark money" in political campaigns.
- Legal fight over voter IDs in Wisconsin continues Updated: Apr-27-15 3:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - With two special elections looming next month and one to fill a vacancy in the state Senate coming later this year, opponents of Wisconsin's new voter identification law want a federal court to expand the number of IDs that voters can show at the polls.
- Chokehold case questions follow NY congressional candidate Updated: Apr-25-15 12:47 pm
NEW YORK - Even if Dan Donovan prefers to talk about Iran, immigration or taxes, there's another topic the Republican congressional hopeful can't avoid: the death of Eric Garner at the hands of a police officer.
- Sunland Park residents petition for redistricting Updated: Apr-23-15 7:32 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Sunland Park could be looking at a special election after residents submitted a petition calling for redistricting.
- Ex-prosecutor wins Texas House seat for San Antonio district Updated: Apr-21-15 9:58 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A former Bexar (BEAR) County prosecutor has defeated a former San Antonio City Council member to win a runoff election to succeed state Rep. Jose Menendez.
- Special election set to replace former state Rep. Brooks Updated: Apr-21-15 5:10 pm
ATLANTA - The Georgia secretary of state's office has set a special election to fill the seat of former state Rep. Tyrone Brooks, who resigned earlier this month.
- Fallin sets special election dates for open House seats Updated: Apr-20-15 7:21 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin has set dates for special elections for two vacant state House seats in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.
- Unopposed Arkansas special election has big taxpayer costs Updated: Apr-16-15 12:56 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An unopposed special election to fill a vacant legislative seat cost taxpayers more than $15,000.
- Jay Jordan wins special election for House District 63 seat Updated: Apr-15-15 10:11 am
FLORENCE, South Carolina - Florence attorney Jay Jordan has won a special election to fill the House District 63 seat vacated by Rep. Kris Crawford.
- Police chokehold death raised during congressional debate Updated: Apr-14-15 10:56 pm
NEW YORK - Congressional candidate Dan Donovan defended his role in the grand jury investigation into the police chokehold death of unarmed black man Eric Garner that resulted in no charges during a televised debate on Tuesday.
- Philadelphia Republican becomes newest state House member Updated: Apr-13-15 1:35 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania's newest state representative is a Philadelphia Republican who won a special election last month.
- Democratic candidate emerges to run for Schock seat Updated: Apr-08-15 6:01 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Springfield school board member says he wants to become the Democratic nominee in the upcoming special election to fill the seat vacated by former Congressman Aaron Schock.
- Matthews wins special election for Oklahoma Senate post Updated: Apr-08-15 12:53 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A state representative from Tulsa will be moving his office across the Capitol rotunda after winning a special election for a vacant Senate seat.
- 1st District congressional candidates voice platforms Updated: Apr-08-15 9:50 am
PONTOTOC, Mississippi - Twelve of the 13 candidates running in the May 12 special election in Mississippi's 1st Congressional District appeared Tuesday at an event in Pontotoc.