- Most Washington school levy, bond elections gaining voter OK Updated: Feb-10-16 8:01 pm
SEATTLE - Voters across Washington appear to have passed most local school levy and bond measures during Tuesday's special election.
- Little Rock voters approve bond issue for arts center Updated: Feb-10-16 7:43 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Voters in Little Rock have easily approved a plan that authorizes a bond issue of up to $37.5 million to pay for improvements at the Arkansas Arts Center.
- Special election held for 2 vacancies in Legislature Updated: Feb-10-16 1:52 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Unofficial election results show voters in the Twin Cities suburbs have picked two Republicans to fill vacancies at the Minnesota Legislature.
- 3 running for vacant seat in Mississippi Senate Updated: Feb-09-16 6:00 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Three candidates are running for a Mississippi Senate seat in parts of Hinds and Madison counties.
- House agrees to double donor limit ahead of pivotal election Updated: Feb-08-16 7:36 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House Democrats and Republicans agreed to double how much money people can donate to political candidates, potentially raising the stakes for the November elections that could determine who controls state government.
- Kentucky House Democrats opposed to governor's spending cuts Updated: Feb-02-16 5:24 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House Democrats said Tuesday they likely will not approve $650 million worth of state spending cuts proposed by Republican Gov. Matt Bevin, setting up a budget battle one month ahead of four special elections that could shift the balance of power in the legislature.
- Special election called after Maine senator resigns Updated: Feb-02-16 4:52 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - A special election will be held March 29 to fill the seat vacated by Sen. David Dutremble.
- Ouachita Parish Police Jury backs tax item for April ballot Updated: Feb-02-16 8:15 am
MONROE, Louisiana - The Ouachita Parish Police Jury has voted to approve two resolutions that will place a tax proposal in a special election April 9.
- Republican House member decides not to seek re-election Updated: Feb-01-16 3:56 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State Rep. David Floyd said Monday he will not seek re-election this year, giving Republicans another seat to defend in trying to claim control of the Kentucky House and complete their takeover of the General Assembly.
- Special election announced to recall North Slope mayor Updated: Jan-28-16 5:09 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - North Slope officials have called for a special election to recall Mayor Charlotte Brower after residents successfully gathered enough signatures on a petition.
- Bryant names Madison state senator to county court judgeship Updated: Jan-19-16 8:57 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A special state Senate election is coming after Gov. Phil Bryant named state Sen. Will Longwitz, a Madison Republican, to a county court judgeship in Madison County.
- Special election May 7 will replace Turner in House Updated: Jan-15-16 6:05 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott has set an emergency special election for May 7 to fill the vacant Texas House District 139 seat.
- Democrats capture second seat in Oklahoma Legislature Updated: Jan-13-16 6:57 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - For the first time in more than a decade, Democrats are gaining seats in the Oklahoma House and Senate.
- Abeler advances in special Senate election Updated: Jan-13-16 8:03 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Former Republican state Rep. Jim Abeler has won his party's nomination for an open Senate seat.
- Democratic teacher elected to vacant state Senate seat Updated: Jan-12-16 10:03 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A Democratic teacher has won a special election for an Oklahoma state Senate seat vacated by a lawmaker who pleaded guilty to embezzlement.