- Sorrento still with police chief and department Updated: Apr-16-14 9:58 am
- Special election will require a runoff Updated: Apr-16-14 8:58 am
- Castle Rock council approves open carry election Updated: Apr-15-14 10:53 am
- Disappointment, forgiveness mix in La. scandal Updated: Apr-12-14 2:42 pm
- Arlington County's Vihstadt to be sworn in Updated: Apr-11-14 7:55 am
- Jefferson Davis police juror resigns Updated: Apr-05-14 11:08 am
- NJ GOP candidates not in special election Updated: Apr-04-14 4:21 pm
- Report: Van Duyn wins election to Nesbitt's seat Updated: Apr-03-14 10:44 pm
- Wagner, elected to York district, joins Pa. Senate Updated: Apr-02-14 3:29 pm
- Democrats sweep Mass. special elections Updated: Apr-02-14 8:10 am
- Johnson wins District 53 House seat Updated: Apr-01-14 11:19 pm
- 2 want to be police chief in Arnaudville Updated: Mar-30-14 12:04 pm
- GOP assemblyman wins state Senate seat Updated: Mar-26-14 5:00 pm
- Mass. lawmaker has HIV, will lead AIDS group Updated: Mar-25-14 7:25 pm
- 3 on ballot in Sandersville mayor election Updated: Mar-25-14 4:10 am
- Myanmar plans by-elections for 28 seats this year Updated: Mar-20-14 9:04 am
SORRENTO, Louisiana - Efforts to revitalize the Sorrento Police Department seem to be stagnating while the police chief's position sits vacant and the days pass without anyone actively seeking liability insurance for the department.
SANDERSVILLE, Mississippi - Two people, including the widow of the former Sandersville mayor, will be in an April 22 runoff.
CASTLE ROCK, Colorado - The Castle Rock Town Council has agreed to let voters decide whether or not to repeal the town's ban on openly carrying firearms in town-owned buildings and parks.
MONROE, Louisiana - To Louisiana voters accustomed to tawdry scandals involving elected officials, disappointment with an eye toward forgiveness is the prevailing sentiment about their new congressman, caught on video embracing an aide married to one of his friends.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - The Arlington County Board's newest member is set to be sworn in.
JENNINGS, Louisiana - Jefferson Davis Parish Police Jury Mark Pousson has resigned his position after moving outside the district he represented.
HADDONFIELD, New Jersey - Four Republicans are vying in a primary to represent a section of southern New Jersey in Congress, but none of them submitted papers to run in a special election to fill the seat from November through January, another quirk of an unusual election that has already donors allowed to contribute extra cash.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Terry Van Duyn has won the special election to fill the unexpired term of the late Sen. Martin Nesbitt.
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The owner of a York-based trash hauler is Pennsylvania's newest state senator after battling his own party for a write-in victory.
BOSTON - Democrats made a clean sweep in a series of special elections across Massachusetts held to fill vacant legislative seats.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Democrat Anthony 'Alann' Johnson has won a special election to fill the House of Representatives seat left vacant by the death of Birmingham Rep. Demetrius Newton Sr.
ARNAUDVILLE, Louisiana - A retired sheriff's deputy and Arnaudville's interim police chief are vying to complete the year as the city's police chief.
SACRAMENTO, California - State Assemblyman Mike Morrell easily beat four challengers to win a state Senate seat representing portions of three Southern California counties, according to state figures Wednesday.
BOSTON - State Rep. Carl Sciortino said Tuesday he is HIV-positive and plans to step down to become the new executive director of The AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts.
SANDERSVILLE, Mississippi - Three candidates have qualified to run in the April 8 special election for mayor of Sandersville in Jones County.
YANGON, Myanmar - Myanmar will hold by-elections later this year to fill 28 unoccupied parliamentary seats, its top elections official said Thursday, letting contending parties test the political waters about a year ahead of the next general election.