- Race to replace convicted NY state senator's seat firms up Updated: Aug-03-15 3:41 pm
ALBANY, New York - Candidates from each of the major parties have emerged to campaign for a state Senate seat representing New York's Southern Tier after its previous occupant was convicted of lying to the FBI.
- Top Missouri senator Tom Dempsey to resign Updated: Jul-31-15 4:50 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri Senate President Pro Tem Tom Dempsey said Friday that he is resigning from office to launch a new private-sector career and spend more time with his family.
- Bryant sets special election for Claiborne school district Updated: Jul-29-15 8:40 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Claiborne County voters will elect a new school board on Nov. 3 as part of the process of returning the district to local control.
- Governor sets special election to fill open Assembly seat Updated: Jul-29-15 6:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has scheduled a special election in September to fill a vacant southeastern Wisconsin state Assembly seat.
- Myanmar's democracy leader runs in Nov. 8 polls to keep seat Updated: Jul-29-15 6:25 am
THANLYIN, Myanmar - Myanmar's democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi on Wednesday registered for November elections to keep her seat in parliament and challenge the ruling military-backed party.
- Nixon sets special election to fill Missouri House vacancies Updated: Jul-28-15 4:34 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Special elections have been scheduled to replace three Missouri lawmakers who resigned.
- Judge: No recount in close election for Milledgeville mayor Updated: Jul-16-15 7:46 am
MILLEDGEVILLE, Georgia - A judge says a mere 35-vote margin isn't close enough to trigger an automatic recount in a special election for mayor of Milledgeville.
- Arkansas county raises sales tax to help hospital reopen Updated: Jul-15-15 5:04 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Crittenden County voters approved a temporary sales tax increase of 1 percentage point to help reopen a hospital that closed last September because of money problems.
- Tulsa artist becomes newest member of Oklahoma House Updated: Jul-15-15 3:08 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - An artist and Democratic political activist from Tulsa is the newest member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
- Sunday alcohol sales in Sulphur up for vote Updated: Jul-14-15 9:34 am
SULPHUR, Louisiana - A resolution has been approved by Sulphur City Council members calling for a special election to be held on Nov. 21 which will alter restrictions of alcohol sales on Sunday.
- Election scheduled to fill Brockton Senate seat Updated: Jul-13-15 12:09 pm
BOSTON - A special election has been scheduled to fill the state Senate seat left vacant by the death of Brockton Democrat Thomas Kennedy.
- Bentley calls special election after Athens lawmaker dies Updated: Jul-10-15 11:21 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A special election will decide who succeeds an Athens state lawmaker who recently died of leukemia.