- No change from recount in tight Assembly election Updated: Dec-09-13 10:43 pm
- Group trying to save Cincinnati streetcar Updated: Dec-09-13 5:13 pm
- Voters head to polls Tuesday to elect 2 lawmakers Updated: Dec-09-13 2:10 pm
- Va. Senate special election set Jan. 7 Updated: Dec-06-13 5:26 pm
- Republicans Kulp, Rodriguez sworn into office Updated: Dec-04-13 11:24 am
- Alabama won't have husband, wife in Legislature Updated: Dec-03-13 10:47 pm
- Roanoke sheriff GOP's nominee for House seat Updated: Dec-03-13 6:47 am
- Special election in western Ky. causes confusion Updated: Nov-26-13 12:37 pm
- Election set Jan. 7 for Iowa House District 25 Updated: Nov-26-13 6:35 am
- Resignation leaves questions about next Utah AG Updated: Nov-22-13 8:37 pm
- Elections office: Utah AG likely violated laws Updated: Nov-22-13 6:23 pm
- Akbari wins special election to fill vacant seat Updated: Nov-22-13 5:48 am
- Kulp, Rodriguez win Assembly seats Updated: Nov-20-13 7:16 am
- Dimitri Polizos wins Ala. House District 74 race Updated: Nov-19-13 9:26 pm
- Iowa town to elect new mayor after resignation Updated: Nov-19-13 5:10 pm
- 1 Democrat, 3 Republicans file to run for Congress Updated: Nov-19-13 12:27 pm
- Runoff Jan. 28 for Texas House special election Updated: Nov-19-13 7:01 am
- Special election for Assembly seat Tuesday Updated: Nov-18-13 8:19 am
- Candidates face uncertainty in 12th district race Updated: Nov-16-13 11:37 am
- Cooper awaits opponent in special Ark. senate race Updated: Nov-13-13 7:11 pm
- Fremont sets special election on rental ban Updated: Nov-13-13 12:06 pm
- Special election to pick successor for Ray Burton Updated: Nov-12-13 12:21 pm
- Booker goes to Washington a celebrity and senator Updated: Nov-10-13 3:14 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Los Angeles County elections officials say a partial recount of ballots has brought no change in the outcome of a special legislative election last month.
CINCINNATI - Supporters of Cincinnati's beleaguered streetcar on Monday began an effort to put the issue before voters in a special election as soon as February, saying that stopping the project mid-construction would be an unconscionable waste of money.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Political leaders are worried that lingering snow and frigid temperatures will have a chilling effect on voter turnout Tuesday in special legislative elections that, depending on the outcome, could inch Republicans one seat closer to a takeover in the House.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A special election will be held Jan. 7 to fill the seat of state Sen. Ralph Northam, who was elected lieutenant governor in November.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two Republicans who won special elections for the state Assembly have been sworn into office.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama won't have a husband and wife serving in the Legislature at the same time.
ROANOKE, Virginia - Roanoke Sheriff Octavia Johnson is the Republican nominee to fill Democrat Onzlee Ware's seat in the Virginia House of Delegates.
OWENSBORO, Kentucky - An upcoming special election for state representative in western Kentucky is causing confusion partly due to legislative redistricting.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa House District 25 voters will be electing a new representative in January.
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah Republicans are moving forward with finding a temporary replacement for Utah Attorney General John Swallow, who announced his resignation Thursday.
SALT LAKE CITY - A damning report released Friday shows Utah's attorney general deliberately withheld information from his campaign documents last year and tried to influence a probe into the matter by altering witness statements and apparently destroying documents.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Raumesh A. Akbari (rah-MESH A. ahk-BAR-ee), a Democratic Memphis attorney, has won a special election to fill the Tennessee House seat that was held by Rep. Lois DeBerry until her death earlier this year.
MILWAUKEE - Republican Bob Kulp has won the 69th Assembly seat vacated by Assembly Majority Leader Scott Suder (SOO'-der). Kulp will serve the remaining 13 months of Suder's term. He defeated Democrat Ken Slezak and independent Tim Swiggum, the former mayor of Owen. The 69th district is in Clark County.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery County Commissioner Dimitri Polizos has won a runoff election to represent District 74 in the Alabama House of Representatives.
SWISHER, Iowa - A small eastern Iowa city plans to hold a special election early next year to replace its mayor, whose sudden and unexplained resignation has left some residents confused and frustrated.
MIAMI - Six candidates will try to replace the late Congressman Bill Young in a special election next year.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Jan. 28 runoff date has been set in the special election to replace state Rep. Mark Strama of Austin, who resigned.
MILWAUKEE - A special election is set in the Wisconsin Assembly's 21st District.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Candidates looking to succeed U.S. Rep. Mel Watt have been organizing, raising money and preparing for a tough campaign.
JONESBORO, Arkansas - A Republican candidate for a state Senate seat says he cannot overcome the 67-margin that separated him from the leader in a primary runoff, but a Democratic candidate wants to see if he picks up any votes in a canvass.
FREMONT, Nebraska - A special election has been scheduled so Fremont residents can decide on whether to remove the city's ban on renting housing to people who aren't in the U.S. legally.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's constitution calls for Gov. Maggie Hassan to set a special election to fill the executive councilor seat left open when Ray Burton died Tuesday.
WASHINGTON - When the U.S. Senate passed a bill to ban job discrimination against gay and transgender people, its newest member's first impulse was to yell with joy. Then he remembered where he was.