- The Latest: Dem: GOP holding state 'hostage' in REAL ID beef Updated: Feb-05-16 2:26 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The latest on New Mexico lawmakers' REAL ID debate (all times local):
- Russian, Filipino seamen held hostage in Nigeria - expert Updated: Feb-04-16 5:30 am
LAGOS, Nigeria - The crew of an oil tanker hijacked in Nigerian waters is from Russia, Georgia and the Philippines and is probably being held hostage for ransom, a shipping security expert said Thursday.
- Benin Navy guarding Greek tanker, hostages held in Nigeria Updated: Feb-03-16 5:35 pm
LAGOS, Nigeria - The navy of Benin is guarding an oil tanker hijacked by militants who are holding five crew members hostage in Nigeria, Nigeria's navy and a shipping security expert said Wednesday.
- Suspect charged with holding hostages in shoe store robbery Updated: Jan-22-16 6:03 pm
ANOKA, Minnesota - A Minneapolis man is charged with taking two employees hostage as he robbed a shoe store in the northern Twin Cities.
- Sheriff: Louisiana man fatally shot after hostage standoff Updated: Jan-21-16 5:59 am
PORT BARRE, Louisiana - Authorities in central Louisiana have fatally shot a man after a four-hour hostage standoff with police at a home.
- Mother of slain journalist: Hostages' return gives hope Updated: Jan-20-16 12:52 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The mother of slain journalist James Foley said Wednesday the family was "delighted" to see the return of four Iranian-American citizens freed by Iran in a prisoner swap with the United States and is hopeful that the U.S. government will make hostages more of a priority.
- IS acknowledges death of 'Jihadi John' in magazine Updated: Jan-19-16 9:42 pm
NEW YORK - The Islamic State group has acknowledged the death of the masked militant known as "Jihadi John," who appeared in several videos depicting the beheadings of Western hostages, in an article in its online English-language magazine Dabiq.
- Massachusetts man detained 40 days in Iran returns home Updated: Jan-17-16 11:43 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts man held captive in Iran for 40 days returned home to friends and family Sunday night.
- AP Exclusive: Kin of Malaysian hostage retrieve remains Updated: Jan-15-16 5:19 am
MANILA, Philippines - The grieving wife and siblings of a Malaysian hostage who was beheaded by Abu Sayyaf extremists in the southern Philippines retrieved his remains in Manila Friday, visibly stunned after seeing his body for the first time.
- Canadian held by Taliban released in remote Afghan district Updated: Jan-12-16 3:35 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan official described on Tuesday the dramatic scene surrounding the release the previous day of a Canadian hostage held by the Taliban for five years - a scene that involved a helicopter landing to scoop the captive to freedom as fighter jets flew overhead in a remote district in Afghanistan.
- Canadian tourist detained in Afghanistan since 2010 released Updated: Jan-11-16 9:07 pm
TORONTO - A Canadian man, held by the Taliban in Afghanistan since 2010, has been released, Canada's government announced Monday.
- Police: 2-year-old, father die after 18-hour standoff Updated: Jan-06-16 11:01 pm
ATLANTA - A 2-year-old and his father died Wednesday night after the man shot the boy and then himself at the end of an 18-hour standoff in Atlanta's northeastern suburbs, police said.
- The Latest: Boy and father die after hostage standoff Updated: Jan-06-16 10:18 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on a man with gun who held a 2-year-old boy hostage in a standoff with police in the Atlanta suburbs on Wednesday (all times local):
- Police: Another person charged after Georgia motel standoff Updated: Jan-06-16 7:00 pm
DECATUR, Georgia - Another person has been charged after a woman and 11 children were held in an Atlanta area motel room by a man who stabbed himself after a five-hour standoff with authorities, police said Wednesday.