- 4 French journalists home after long Syrian ordeal Updated: Apr-20-14 10:44 am
- 4 French journalists held hostage in Syria freed Updated: Apr-19-14 6:28 am
- French military frees 5 aid workers in N Mali Updated: Apr-17-14 5:16 pm
- OC man convicted for bank hostage-taking Updated: Apr-11-14 10:17 pm
- Trinidad & Tobago ex-leader, coup target, dies Updated: Apr-09-14 2:30 pm
- Doctors Without Borders worried for Congo hostages Updated: Apr-08-14 2:55 pm
- NJ woman charged with holding her kids hostage Updated: Apr-05-14 11:08 am
- Philippines says captives are on southern island Updated: Apr-04-14 6:27 am
- Gunmen kidnap 2 people in Malaysia Updated: Apr-03-14 11:29 am
- Police: 4 forcibly tattooed man they held hostage Updated: Apr-02-14 5:22 pm
- Police: Man booked after death of woman hostage Updated: Mar-28-14 8:31 pm
- 5 charged in Houston human smuggling operation Updated: Mar-25-14 5:02 pm
PARIS - Four French journalists kidnapped and held for 10 months in Syria returned home Sunday to joyful families, a presidential welcome and questions about how France managed to obtain their freedom from Islamic extremists.
PARIS - Four French journalists held hostage in Syria since June have been released, France's presidential palace said Saturday.
PARIS - French special forces backed by helicopters led a pre-dawn operation in northern Mail Thursday and freed five humanitarian aid workers who had been held captive by a "terrorist group" - killing about 10 of the alleged militants, officials said.
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County man who held a bank manager hostage and fired at police during a standoff has been convicted of numerous crimes - but jurors acquitted him of attempted murder.
PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad - Arthur Napoleon Raymond Robinson, a former Trinidad and Tobago prime minister who was held hostage for days and shot during a bloody 1990 coup attempt, died Wednesday after a prolonged illness. He was 87.
KINSHASA, Congo - Doctors Without Borders says it is worried that intense fighting between the military and armed groups in eastern Congo could endanger its staff taken hostage there.
BLOOMINGDALE, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey woman who allegedly held her two young children hostage inside their home is facing criminal charges.
MANILA, Philippines - Gunmen who kidnapped a Chinese tourist and a Filipino worker from a Malaysian resort have brought their captives to an island township in the Philippines' southernmost province, authorities said Friday.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - A kidnap-for-ransom gang based in the southern Philippines is suspected of seizing a Chinese tourist and a receptionist from a dive resort in eastern Malaysia, authorities said Thursday.
PHILADELPHIA - Four people forcibly tattooed a man with racial slurs and obscene images while holding him hostage for three days in a Philadelphia basement, authorities said Wednesday.
HOUMA, Louisiana - A Thibodaux man, out on bond for simple robbery, allegedly shot a 22-year-old woman during a hostage-taking that also involved her 1-year-old son, Houma Police said Friday. The woman later died.
HOUSTON - Five men, at least two of them from Mexico, are accused of using guns and threats to hold 115 people hostage in a small Houston house unless they paid ransom to continue their illegal entry into the United States.