- Schumer: Probe billboards using phone data to track shoppers Updated: May-01-16 12:21 pm
NEW YORK - A U.S. senator is calling for a federal investigation into an outdoor advertising company's latest effort to target billboard ads to specific consumers.
- Washoe County sheriff's app takes illegal dumping reports Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Washoe County Sheriff's Office cellphone app now allows citizens to report illegal dumping.
- Astronomy Day helps educate youth about astronomy, space Updated: Apr-30-16 2:11 pm
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - Students and outer space enthusiasts gathered April 23 at the Gaston Caperton Center for an afternoon of astronomy.
- Preschoolers talk, dance, race collection of automatons Updated: Apr-29-16 5:05 am
COLUMBUS, Indiana - For many kids, robots are intriguing but make-believe creatures that only live on television, where sometimes they seem a little scary.
- Robotics competition brings 29K students to St. Louis Updated: Apr-28-16 2:02 pm
ST. LOUIS - About 29,000 students are participating in a prestigious robotics competition hosted in downtown St. Louis.
- NY court says DNA evidence requires analyst trial testimony Updated: Apr-28-16 12:56 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court ruled Thursday that DNA evidence presented by prosecutors must be accompanied at trial by at least one analyst involved in the critical stages of its processing or who independently analyzed the raw data.
- France shows off humanoid underwater exploration robot Updated: Apr-28-16 12:38 pm
MARSEILLE, France - French officials have unveiled a humanoid diving robot that they hope will give a big artificial hand to the practice of underwater archaeology.
- Henderson police spot distracted drivers during 3-week blitz Updated: Apr-28-16 6:03 am
HENDERSON, Nevada - Henderson police say officers looking for distracted drivers during a three-week enforcement blitz ticketed 75 motorists for infractions like texting, checking emails, accessing the Internet or talking on cellphones.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.
- Broadband funding pieces start falling into place Updated: Apr-27-16 8:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Nearly a year's worth of legislative wrangling over how much to spend on broadband Internet development started to come together Wednesday, as the Minnesota House took up a budget bill setting the mark at $40 million.
- Utah essential oil company announces third-party data breach Updated: Apr-27-16 6:55 pm
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah - Utah-based essential oil company doTERRA is warning customers and distributors that their personal information may have been compromised in a data breach in March.
- House unanimously OKs bill bolstering privacy of old emails Updated: Apr-27-16 5:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The House used a rare show of unanimity Wednesday to approve legislation requiring the government to get a search warrant if it wants people's older emails.
- Sioux Falls schools unblocking LGBT resource websites Updated: Apr-27-16 8:11 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - The Sioux Falls School District is unblocking student access to LGBT resource websites after some students complained and equal rights officials weighed in on the matter.
- Mobile app to give self-guided tours of scenic byway Updated: Apr-27-16 6:50 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - An organization has created a mobile app that will give people self-guided tours of a 44-mile scenic byway near Beckley.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway releases new free mobile app Updated: Apr-27-16 6:31 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has released a new and improved free mobile app ahead of next month's 100th running of the Indianapolis 500.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Apr-26-16 4:11 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending April 24, 2016:
- Lansing utility's computer network affected by cyberattack Updated: Apr-26-16 5:41 am
LANSING, Michigan - Officials say the Lansing Board of Water and Light's computer network was the subject of a cyberattack that disrupted administrative operations.
- Rockford school district hoping to expand robotics clubs Updated: Apr-25-16 6:27 am
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Rockford schools are hoping to start robotics clubs district-wide in an effort to teach students science, technology, engineering and math skills.
- Looming deadline for nuclear waste plant, future in limbo Updated: Apr-24-16 3:44 pm
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A darkened central control room with more than 25 computer screens watches over nearly everything occurring inside this radioactive waste treatment plant west of Idaho Falls.
- California jurors misusing the Internet could face fines Updated: Apr-24-16 1:13 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Jurors who threaten to derail trials by researching them on Google or posting comments about them on Twitter are often dismissed with nothing more than a tongue-lashing from a judge.
- Pope to youth: Happiness can't be downloaded like an app Updated: Apr-24-16 7:44 am
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis has told teenagers happiness can't be downloaded like a cellphone app.
- Treasurer says county taxpayers not at risk of data breach Updated: Apr-23-16 5:58 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The Missoula County treasurer is assuring taxpayers that their identities have not been compromised after about 1,180 people got tax notices, along with the names and email addresses of the other people who had requested to be notified when their taxes were due.
- Ex-Clinton staffer again says no to testifying to Congress Updated: Apr-22-16 3:27 pm
WASHINGTON - A lawyer for the former Hillary Clinton staffer who helped maintain her private email server has told Congress that his client still will not appear before Senate committees investigating the matter.
- Healthcare data company bringing 300 jobs to Greenville Updated: Apr-22-16 12:41 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - A company that develops technology applications for the health care industry is locating in Greenville, expecting to invest about $3 million and create 300 jobs.
- Wyoming Medical Center informs patients of email breach Updated: Apr-22-16 10:04 am
CASPER, Wyoming - About 3,200 patients may be affected after two Wyoming Medical Center employees fell for phishing schemes, compromising their emails.