- Stocks end slightly lower on China growth worries Updated: Mar-10-14 5:09 pm
- BAE report says Ukraine has faced cyberattacks Updated: Mar-09-14 2:36 pm
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims Updated: Mar-09-14 11:34 am
- Japan sees future business in Fukushima cleanup Updated: Mar-08-14 2:32 am
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security Updated: Mar-07-14 7:13 pm
- Iowa health officials report data breach Updated: Mar-07-14 4:43 pm
- Johns Hopkins data spilled in 'extortion' attempt Updated: Mar-07-14 3:16 pm
- Thousand teens headed to NH robotics competition Updated: Mar-07-14 4:34 am
- House approves buying English learner software Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 pm
- Target breach puts corporate tech execs under fire Updated: Mar-06-14 7:14 pm
- University system enlists help on computer breach Updated: Mar-06-14 6:58 pm
- Wake up and smell the bacon ... with a bacon app Updated: Mar-06-14 6:48 pm
- Corbett shifts on Medicaid proposal's work search Updated: Mar-06-14 4:20 pm
- Child support payments stolen after Target breach Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 pm
- North Dakota University System server breached Updated: Mar-05-14 6:01 pm
- Federal court approves $311 million settlement Updated: Mar-05-14 3:10 pm
- Review: Apple's iWork brings simplicity to docs Updated: Mar-05-14 2:25 pm
- Putney asks Vermont to provide more broadband Updated: Mar-05-14 1:56 pm
- Target tech chief resigns as it overhauls security Updated: Mar-05-14 9:19 am
- Dish, Disney deal envisions Internet-delivered TV Updated: Mar-04-14 6:15 pm
- Comcast extends cheap Web access amid deal review Updated: Mar-04-14 11:49 am
- Apple dials up effort to meld iPhone with cars Updated: Mar-03-14 4:22 pm
- 1,700 Detroit employees' personal data breached Updated: Mar-03-14 2:13 pm
- FairPoint: 95 percent of NH lines have broadband Updated: Mar-01-14 4:49 pm
- W.Va. robotics team advances to world competition Updated: Mar-01-14 8:50 am
Stocks drifted to a slightly lower finish Monday as investors sifted through a blend of discouraging economic data from China and Japan as well as ongoing uncertainty over Russia's incursion into Ukraine.
LONDON - Ukraine was repeatedly attacked by sophisticated cyberspies as tensions between pro-Russian and Western-leaning factions escalated in recent months, according to a report from U.K.-based defense contractor BAE Systems.
WASHINGTON - The data breach at Target Corp. that exposed millions of credit card numbers has focused attention on the patchwork of state consumer notification laws and renewed a push for a single national standard.
TOKYO - There is something surprising in the radioactive wreck that is the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant: opportunity. To clean it up, Japan will have to develop technology and expertise that any nation with a nuclear reactor will one day need.
WASHINGTON - Visa and MasterCard want banks and retailers to work together on securing customer data and stop blaming each other after a massive data breach during the holiday season.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa health officials say a breach of personal information relating to some child and dependent adult abuse cases in Polk County took place over five years.
BALTIMORE - The names, email addresses and telephone numbers of 848 current and former Johns Hopkins University biomedical engineering students were posted online after a hacker's failed extortion attempt aimed at gaining broader access to the school's computer network, the university said Friday.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A robotics competition involving 1,000 high school students from across New England is continuing at the University of New Hampshire.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a plan to spend millions on a software program schools will use to teach children who don't speak English as their primary language.
NEW YORK - Hackers are putting top technology executives under severe pressure. And this week's sudden departure of Target's chief information officer in the wake of the company's massive pre-Christmas data breach has only ratcheted up the stress.
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota University System officials said Thursday they have talked to the FBI and an independent cybersecurity group about helping with an investigation into a breach on the system's computer server.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Want to wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling on the stove with its aroma drawing you out of bed?
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett appeared ready Thursday to drop one of the most controversial conditions of his proposal to accept billions of federal Medicaid expansion dollars and extend taxpayer-subsidized insurance to hundreds of thousands of working poor in Pennsylvania.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Only a few people had Wisconsin child support payments stolen after Target's data breach last year, according to the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota University System computer server that stores personal information on students, staff and faculty has been hacked, but nothing appears to have been compromised, Interim Chancellor Larry Skogen said Wednesday.
BOISE, Idaho - Attorney General Lawrence Wasden says Idaho and other states have obtained court approval of a $311 million settlement involving Boise-based Micron Technology and other computer chip makers.
BARCELONA, Spain - Microsoft's Office is the go-to software package for creating and sharing documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Google's Docs has emerged as a good, free alternative for lightweight tasks. But what's often overlooked is Apple's iWork.
PUTNEY, Vermont - Putney voters say a few hundred residents do not have access to affordable broadband Internet and they want Vermont lawmakers to change that.
NEW YORK - Target Corp. says Chief Information Officer Beth Jacob is resigning effective Wednesday as the retailer overhauls its information security and compliance division in the wake of a massive data breach.
LOS ANGELES - With a string of recent deals, cable and satellite providers are beginning to acknowledge a brutal truth that companies like Hulu and Netflix have known all along: Many TV viewers, especially young ones, want shows and movies on their own terms - wherever, whenever and on whatever devices they choose.
LOS ANGELES - Comcast says it will continue to offer low-cost broadband Internet connections to low-income families beyond the three-year commitment it made when it bought NBCUniversal.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is accelerating the race to make smartphone applications easier and safer to use in cars.
DETROIT - Detroit says a recent computer security breach affected files that contained personal identifying information of about 1,700 city employees.
NASHUA, New Hampshire - FairPoint Communications says 95 percent of its New Hampshire access lines now have access to broadband Internet service.
HEDGESVILLE, West Virginia - Neither Zack Hahn nor his fellow James Rumsey Technical Institute students were the least bit frustrated as they considered how to continue improving the robot they designed - a labor of love that recently took top honors in the state and qualified them to compete at an international event.