- NASA's moon-orbiting robot crashes down as planned Updated: Apr-18-14 1:52 pm
- 27K UPMC worker hit by data breach, 788 by fraud Updated: Apr-18-14 12:22 pm
- Jury: Jeppesen should pay software maker $43M Updated: Apr-17-14 7:28 pm
- Police charge Canadian in Internet privacy breach Updated: Apr-16-14 9:26 pm
- Review: 'Transcendence' like a clunky TED talk Updated: Apr-16-14 1:22 pm
- Review: Forward to the past with Windows update Updated: Apr-16-14 1:15 pm
- Smartphone apps remind patients to take their meds Updated: Apr-16-14 12:50 pm
- Scammers using fake US Postal Service emails Updated: Apr-16-14 4:05 am
- Michigan civil rights group develops mobile app Updated: Apr-16-14 4:04 am
- Broadband bill advances but tower concerns remain Updated: Apr-15-14 4:31 pm
- Review: Windows Phone advances with 8.1 update Updated: Apr-15-14 12:22 pm
- Ex-DNR employee gets probation in data breach Updated: Apr-14-14 7:57 pm
- Netflix's Comcast deal improves quality of video Updated: Apr-14-14 6:59 pm
- Regulators: No interruption after utilities hacked Updated: Apr-14-14 4:05 pm
- Study shows increase in online information thefts Updated: Apr-14-14 2:10 pm
- W.Va. schools to get free computer system upgrades Updated: Apr-14-14 11:28 am
- Jail grievance computers could get to Internet Updated: Apr-13-14 12:38 pm
- NSC backs disclosing software vulnerabilities Updated: Apr-12-14 8:28 pm
- Ohio Homeland Security unveils phone safety app Updated: Apr-12-14 4:05 am
- Authors Guild asks US court to rule against Google Updated: Apr-11-14 6:16 pm
- Court reverses conviction of man in iPad data case Updated: Apr-11-14 4:49 pm
- Heartbleed could harm a variety of systems Updated: Apr-11-14 3:59 pm
- Police: Facebook posts prompted fatal casino fight Updated: Apr-11-14 1:16 pm
- FBI investigates man in U-Md. data disclosure Updated: Apr-10-14 9:26 pm
- Google to sell Glass to bigger pool of consumers Updated: Apr-10-14 6:52 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - NASA's robotic moon explorer, LADEE, is no more.
PITTSBURGH - The personal information of 27,000 University of Pittsburgh Medical Center employees might have been put at risk by identity thieves who apparently used the information of 788 workers to file bogus federal tax returns, the hospital network said.
DENVER - A federal jury in Denver says navigation information provider Jeppesen Sanderson should pay $43.1 million to a small Massachusetts software maker that claimed Jeppesen violated their agreement for putting aviation charts on tablet computers.
OTTAWA, Ontario - Police have charged a 19-year-old Canadian man in connection with the loss of taxpayer data from Canada's tax agency website.
HAL has come a long way.
NEW YORK - Even as Microsoft prepares for a future dominated by touch-screen devices, it is steering its Windows system to embrace more of the past.
Medicine only helps if you take it properly. And adhering to an exact schedule of what to take, and when, can be challenging for patients who are forgetful or need to take several medications.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Consumer advocates say scammers are using bogus U.S. Postal Service emails to steal personal information.
DEARBORN, Michigan - A Michigan civil rights organization has developed what it's calling the first mobile app to report discrimination, ethnic harassment and other forms of bigotry.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A legislative panel has backed a plan meant to extend broadband access to rural Iowans, though an agreement hasn't been reached on language about the placement of new cell towers.
NEW YORK - Microsoft's new Windows system for smartphones addresses many of the shortcomings in previous versions.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A former Minnesota Department of Natural Resources worker was sentenced to two years of probation Monday for allegedly looking up private driver's license data on thousands of people without permission.
SAN FRANCISCO - Netflix's videos are streaming through Comcast's Internet service at their highest speeds in 17 months, thanks to a recent deal that bought Netflix a more direct connection to Comcast's network.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Electric, natural gas and major water companies and regional distribution systems in Connecticut have been penetrated by hackers and other cyber attackers, but defenses have prevented interruption, state utility regulators said Monday in their first report on cyber security.
NEW YORK - The number of Americans who say they've had important personal information stolen online is on the rise, according to a Pew Research Center report released Monday.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia's public schools will get free computer operating system upgrades for five years under a new agreement with Microsoft.
NEW ORLEANS - Orleans Parish Prison inmates will have to file grievances on paper because authorities discovered they were using grievance computers to use the Internet.
WASHINGTON - Disclosing vulnerabilities in commercial and open source software is in the national interest and shouldn't be withheld from the public unless there is a clear national security or law enforcement need, President Barack Obama's National Security Council said Saturday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohioans can now report suspicious activity to the state's Homeland Security agency with a new app that can be downloaded on mobile devices.
NEW YORK - Saying Google Inc. is stealing business from online book retailers, the Authors Guild asked a federal appeals court Friday to reinstate its lawsuit contending that the Internet giant is violating copyright laws with its massive book digitization project.
PHILADELPHIA - A federal appeals court reversed the conviction of man imprisoned for illegally gaining access to AT&T's servers and stealing the email addresses of more than 100,000 of iPad users, ruling Friday that prosecutors tried him in the wrong state.
NEW YORK - It now appears that the "Heartbleed" security problem affects not just websites, but also the networking equipment that connects homes and businesses to the Internet.
RENO, Nevada - Reno, Nevada, police say they've arrested a nightclub guard accused of killing a man who posted negative Facebook comments about the lounge's security.
The FBI is investigating a Baltimore-area computer worker in connection with the online disclosure last month of University of Maryland President Wallace Loh's Social Security and cellphone numbers, according to court records.
SAN FRANCISCO - A lot more people are about to get a chance to buy Google Glass, the Internet-connected eyewear that has become the hottest accessory in geek fashion.