- Thousand teens headed to NH robotics competition Updated: Mar-07-14 4:34 am
- House approves buying English learner software Updated: Mar-06-14 8:22 pm
- Target breach puts corporate tech execs under fire Updated: Mar-06-14 7:14 pm
- University system enlists help on computer breach Updated: Mar-06-14 6:58 pm
- Wake up and smell the bacon ... with a bacon app Updated: Mar-06-14 6:48 pm
- Corbett shifts on Medicaid proposal's work search Updated: Mar-06-14 4:20 pm
- Child support payments stolen after Target breach Updated: Mar-05-14 7:14 pm
- North Dakota University System server breached Updated: Mar-05-14 6:01 pm
- Federal court approves $311 million settlement Updated: Mar-05-14 3:10 pm
- Review: Apple's iWork brings simplicity to docs Updated: Mar-05-14 2:25 pm
- Putney asks Vermont to provide more broadband Updated: Mar-05-14 1:56 pm
- Target tech chief resigns as it overhauls security Updated: Mar-05-14 9:19 am
- Dish, Disney deal envisions Internet-delivered TV Updated: Mar-04-14 6:15 pm
- Comcast extends cheap Web access amid deal review Updated: Mar-04-14 11:49 am
- Apple dials up effort to meld iPhone with cars Updated: Mar-03-14 4:22 pm
- 1,700 Detroit employees' personal data breached Updated: Mar-03-14 2:13 pm
- FairPoint: 95 percent of NH lines have broadband Updated: Mar-01-14 4:49 pm
- W.Va. robotics team advances to world competition Updated: Mar-01-14 8:50 am
- Sands: Some customer data stolen by hackers Updated: Feb-28-14 7:10 pm
- Push for Web addresses in era of search, apps Updated: Feb-28-14 4:19 am
- China busts major Web-based baby trafficking rings Updated: Feb-28-14 3:43 am
- Computer chip center marks 1st phase of Nano Utica Updated: Feb-28-14 3:07 am
- China's president heads cybersecurity body Updated: Feb-27-14 11:49 pm
- California data breaches hit 21.3 million accounts Updated: Feb-27-14 5:41 pm
- Data grant move spurs industry momentum in Wyoming Updated: Feb-27-14 4:10 pm
DURHAM, New Hampshire - A robotics competition involving 1,000 high school students from across New England is continuing at the University of New Hampshire.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a plan to spend millions on a software program schools will use to teach children who don't speak English as their primary language.
NEW YORK - Hackers are putting top technology executives under severe pressure. And this week's sudden departure of Target's chief information officer in the wake of the company's massive pre-Christmas data breach has only ratcheted up the stress.
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota University System officials said Thursday they have talked to the FBI and an independent cybersecurity group about helping with an investigation into a breach on the system's computer server.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Want to wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling on the stove with its aroma drawing you out of bed?
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Gov. Tom Corbett appeared ready Thursday to drop one of the most controversial conditions of his proposal to accept billions of federal Medicaid expansion dollars and extend taxpayer-subsidized insurance to hundreds of thousands of working poor in Pennsylvania.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Only a few people had Wisconsin child support payments stolen after Target's data breach last year, according to the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A North Dakota University System computer server that stores personal information on students, staff and faculty has been hacked, but nothing appears to have been compromised, Interim Chancellor Larry Skogen said Wednesday.
BOISE, Idaho - Attorney General Lawrence Wasden says Idaho and other states have obtained court approval of a $311 million settlement involving Boise-based Micron Technology and other computer chip makers.
BARCELONA, Spain - Microsoft's Office is the go-to software package for creating and sharing documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Google's Docs has emerged as a good, free alternative for lightweight tasks. But what's often overlooked is Apple's iWork.
PUTNEY, Vermont - Putney voters say a few hundred residents do not have access to affordable broadband Internet and they want Vermont lawmakers to change that.
NEW YORK - Target Corp. says Chief Information Officer Beth Jacob is resigning effective Wednesday as the retailer overhauls its information security and compliance division in the wake of a massive data breach.
LOS ANGELES - With a string of recent deals, cable and satellite providers are beginning to acknowledge a brutal truth that companies like Hulu and Netflix have known all along: Many TV viewers, especially young ones, want shows and movies on their own terms - wherever, whenever and on whatever devices they choose.
LOS ANGELES - Comcast says it will continue to offer low-cost broadband Internet connections to low-income families beyond the three-year commitment it made when it bought NBCUniversal.
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple is accelerating the race to make smartphone applications easier and safer to use in cars.
DETROIT - Detroit says a recent computer security breach affected files that contained personal identifying information of about 1,700 city employees.
NASHUA, New Hampshire - FairPoint Communications says 95 percent of its New Hampshire access lines now have access to broadband Internet service.
HEDGESVILLE, West Virginia - Neither Zack Hahn nor his fellow James Rumsey Technical Institute students were the least bit frustrated as they considered how to continue improving the robot they designed - a labor of love that recently took top honors in the state and qualified them to compete at an international event.
LAS VEGAS - Computer hackers stole the personal information of tens of thousands of Las Vegas Sands customers during a data breach earlier this month, the casino company said Friday.
BARCELONA, Spain - In the early days, you typed in a domain name address to reach a website. Then came the ability to reach websites directly through a search engine. The mobile era brought us phone apps for accessing services without either.
BEIJING - Chinese police have rescued 382 abducted babies and arrested 1,094 suspects in a national operation that busted four major Internet-based baby trafficking rings, the Public Security Ministry said Friday.
ALBANY, New York - The State University of New York's College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering says construction of the $125 million Computer Chip Commercialization Center at the SUNY Institute of Technology is ahead of schedule.
BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping has put himself in charge of a new body to coordinate cybersecurity, in a sign of Beijing's concern over its vulnerability to online attacks and its desire to retain tight control over the Internet.
SACRAMENTO, California - California businesses and government agencies have experienced 300 separate data breaches exposing the personal information of more than 20 million customer accounts during the past two years, leading state Attorney General Kamala Harris on Thursday to elevate cybersecurity as a key focus of the state's top crime-fighting agency.
CASPER, Wyoming - A fishing pole and a small tackle box sit in a locked data cabinet on the fourth floor of the Casper Business Center.