- Froome pulls out of Spanish Vuelta with broken foot Updated: Sep-03-15 6:44 am
MADRID - Chris Froome has pulled out of the Spanish Vuelta after fracturing a bone in his foot.
- Landa wins 11th Spanish Vuelta stage, Aru takes overall lead Updated: Sep-02-15 2:29 pm
CORTALS D*ENCAMP, Spain - Mikel Landa of Spain raced ahead to climb the final ascent alone and win the 11th stage of the Spanish Vuelta in the Pyrenees on Wednesday, while Italy's Fabio Aru finished second to claim the overall race leader's jersey.
- Cyclist Rogers gets 2004 Olympic bronze medal 11 years later Updated: Sep-01-15 10:03 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC says Australian cyclist Michael Rogers has received his Olympic bronze medal 11 years after the Athens Games.
- Van Garderen knocked out of worlds after Vuelta crash Updated: Aug-29-15 7:27 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Tejay van Garderen will miss the world championships in Virginia next month after a crash during the Spanish Vuelta on Saturday left the American star with a broken shoulder.
- CONI calls Dr. Ferrari and son in for doping hearings Updated: Aug-27-15 12:23 pm
ROME - Lance Armstrong's former physician Michele Ferrari and his son Stefano have been called in for hearings next week with the Italian Olympic Committee's anti-doping prosecutor for allegedly providing illegal drug assistance to a biathlete.
- Nike fights subpoena in federal lawsuit against Armstrong Updated: Aug-26-15 4:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Athletic apparel giant Nike Inc. is fighting subpoenas for financial documents and witness depositions in the federal government's lawsuit against former cyclist Lance Armstrong, arguing they are irrelevant to the case and could compromise trade secrets.
- Vuelta's 'unsafe' 1st stage won't count for individual times Updated: Aug-21-15 8:20 am
BARCELONA, Spain - The Spanish Vuelta says the race's opening team time trial will not count toward the overall standings, after complaints about safety from cyclists.
- Froome aims to add Vuelta to Tour title Updated: Aug-20-15 10:05 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Chris Froome will be racing both for and against history when the Spanish Vuelta starts Saturday.
- Mountain biker dies during grueling Leadville 100 race Updated: Aug-17-15 4:12 pm
LEADVILLE, Colorado - An experienced mountain biker died Saturday while participating in the grueling Leadville 100 race in Colorado's mountains.
- Quintana, Valverde to lead Movistar at Spanish Vuelta Updated: Aug-17-15 8:47 am
MADRID - Nairo Quintana and Alejandro Valverde, the second- and third-place finishers at last month's Tour de France, have been named co-leaders of Movistar's nine-man team for the Spanish Vuelta.
- Froome leads Team Sky at Vuelta, goes for Grand Tour double Updated: Aug-17-15 7:54 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tour de France champion Chris Froome will lead Team Sky at the Spanish Vuelta as he looks to become only the third rider to win both of the Grand Tour races in the same year.
- Photo team mugged while covering Rio Olympic test event Updated: Aug-16-15 4:46 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian officials say a team of photographers on contract to Rio de Janeiro's city government were mugged while covering a road cycling test event for next year's Olympics in Rio.
- Organizers: World Championship crowds will ebb, flow soon Updated: Aug-15-15 11:11 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - People across the Richmond area are asking two questions as the countdown clock for the start of the UCI Road World Championships ticks down: How many people are coming? When will they get here?