- Listeria: FDA finds problems at Ohio ice cream plant Updated: May-21-15 6:12 pm
WASHINGTON - A government investigation of Ohio-based Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams found inadequate testing and cleaning in its Columbus plant that had become contaminated with listeria.
- ConAgra to pay $11.2M to settle salmonella criminal case Updated: May-20-15 12:37 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - ConAgra Foods agreed Wednesday to pay $11.2 million to settle a federal criminal charge that the company shipped Peter Pan peanut butter tainted with salmonella from a plant in Georgia more than eight years ago, triggering a massive recall and food-safety investigation after more than 600 people got sick.
- Wisconsin company recalls chicken over disinfectant concerns Updated: May-15-15 8:10 am
RIDGELAND, Wisconsin - A northwestern Wisconsin poultry processor is recalling more than 2,000 pounds of chicken over concerns it may have been contaminated with an industrial disinfectant.
- A food poisoning report with good news: Fewer E. coli cases Updated: May-14-15 2:03 pm
NEW YORK - Fewer Americans are getting sick from a nasty germ sometimes found in undercooked hamburgers, the government reported Thursday.
- USDA rules will require safety labels on tenderized beef Updated: May-13-15 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The government will soon require labels on packages of beef tenderized by machines so shoppers know to cook it thoroughly.
- Listeria concerns spark Hy-Vee recall of pasta salad Updated: Apr-29-15 8:23 am
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - Hy-Vee Inc. says it is recalling Hy-Vee Summer Fresh Pasta because of a potential listeria contamination.
- Education officials checking campuses for recalled ice cream Updated: Apr-28-15 2:01 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia education officials say they're working with the state health department to make sure ice cream products that were recently recalled aren't being served in schools.
- Correction: Bratwurst Recall story Updated: Apr-27-15 4:26 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In an April 24 story about a bratwurst recall, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the company involved, North Clay Packing Co., is in Springfield, Illinois. The company is in Louisville, Illinois. In addition, the AP, relying on information from the Illinois Department of Agriculture, reported erroneously that the bratwurst was sold in Coles County. The product was sold in Clay County.
- Survey released to help farmers prepare for produce rule Updated: Apr-26-15 3:43 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets has released a survey to determine how farmers may be affected by the Food and Drug Administration's new produce safety rule.
- Ohio ice cream maker says listeria found at plant Updated: Apr-24-15 8:02 pm
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio - An Ohio ice cream maker says listeria has been found in other pints and in its production facility.