- Pasco company recalls frozen vegetables linked to listeria Updated: May-03-16 8:59 pm
SEATTLE - A Pasco, Washington, company has expanded its recall of frozen vegetables linked to a listeria outbreak that has sickened eight people.
- Thailand is used to hot Aprils, but not this hot! Updated: Apr-27-16 6:53 am
BANGKOK - Animals at Bangkok's zoo are being fed special frozen fruit pops. People are flocking to shopping malls just to soak up the air-conditioning. Authorities are telling people to stay out of the blazing sun to avoid heat stroke.
- Foreign-matter contamination prompts Pilgrim's Pride recall Updated: Apr-26-16 6:57 pm
WACO, Texas - Pilgrim's Pride has ordered a massive recall of cooked chicken products after consumers and federal meat inspectors found contamination by such foreign material as wood, plastic, rubber and metal.
- New York bakery recalls some 7-Eleven cookies over peanuts Updated: Apr-26-16 4:54 pm
BOHEMIA, New York - A suburban New York bakery has recalled several lots of cookies sold at 7-Eleven stores across the state because they may contain undeclared peanuts.
- Proposed Louisiana food inspection cuts may pose health risk Updated: Apr-25-16 2:37 pm
NEW ORLEANS - More people could be exposed to foodborne illnesses in Louisiana if lawmakers approve a provision in the governor's 2017 budget proposal which would lead to fewer inspections of the retail food industry, officials said Monday.
- Proposed Louisiana food inspection cuts may pose health risk Updated: Apr-25-16 11:32 am
NEW ORLEANS - More Louisiana residents and visitors could be exposed to food borne illnesses if lawmakers approve a budget proposed by Gov. John Bel Edwards for next year calling for fewer inspections of the retail food industry.
- AP Exclusive: Test finds Chernobyl residue in Belarus milk Updated: Apr-25-16 5:14 am
GUBAREVICHI, Belarus - On the edge of Belarus' Chernobyl exclusion zone, down the road from the signs warning "Stop! Radiation," a dairy farmer offers his visitors a glass of freshly drawn milk. Associated Press reporters politely decline the drink but pass on a bottled sample to a laboratory, which confirms it contains levels of a radioactive isotope at levels 10 times higher than the nation's food safety limits.
- School officials urge parents to halt free 'Jesus lunches' Updated: Apr-14-16 10:26 am
MIDDLETON, Wisconsin - School administrators are asking parents to stop hosting free lunches accompanied by discussions about Christianity outside a high school in Middleton, citing legal concerns.
- China punishes 357 officials in tainted vaccine sales Updated: Apr-14-16 2:04 am
BEIJING - China has fired or demoted 357 local government officials for poor performance as it deals with the fallout from a nationwide public health scandal over the sale of improperly handled vaccines.
- Whole Foods recalls mislabeled salad sold at 14 stores Updated: Apr-12-16 8:51 am
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - Salad made at a Whole Foods Market facility in Massachusetts and distributed to more than a dozen stores around the Northeast have been recalled because they were mislabeled and contain an egg allergen.
- OSHA cites food manufacturer for alleged safety violations Updated: Apr-08-16 3:42 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Federal regulators have proposed $124,000 in penalties for a Louisiana food manufacturing company accused of exposing workers to hazardous chemicals and other dangerous conditions.
- Fever: Federal report says global warming making US sick Updated: Apr-04-16 8:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Man-made global warming is making America sicker, and it's only going to get worse, according to a new federal government report.