- Costco: FDA tests point toward E. coli in salad vegetables Updated: Nov-25-15 7:47 pm
SEATTLE - Costco officials say testing has pointed toward a vegetable mix from a California food wholesaler as the source of E. coli in the company's chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states.
- New federal rule for catfish inspection process finalized Updated: Nov-25-15 4:36 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service released its final rule Wednesday on a new inspection process for catfish and other ray-finned fish species that's scheduled to start in March.
- State to revive mercury testing program Updated: Nov-08-15 5:19 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State regulators are reviving a program to test the mercury levels of fish caught in Louisiana waters, providing consumers with updated warnings for the first time since 2008.
- CDC: More food poisoning outbreaks cross state lines Updated: Nov-03-15 4:22 pm
NEW YORK - The government is reporting an increase in food poisoning outbreaks that span multiple states, like the one that this week prompted Chipotle to close 43 of its restaurants in the Pacific Northwest.
- 5 things to know about Pacific Northwest E.coli outbreak Updated: Nov-03-15 4:45 am
SEATTLE - Chipotle has closed 43 of its Pacific Northwest locations in response to an E. coli outbreak health officials have connected to the Mexican food chain.
- AP top news in Iowa at 3:58 p.m. CST Updated: Nov-01-15 6:00 pm
LARRABEE, Iowa - The Iowa landowners who oppose a proposed pipeline to carry North Dakota oil to Illinois hope state regulators will consider their concerns about the project.
- Company recalls peanut butter because of metal shavings Updated: Oct-30-15 4:57 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Hormel Foods Sales LLC is recalling 153 cases of peanut butter made at its Little Rock, Arkansas, factory because of the potential for metal shavings in the jars.
- Feds order central Idaho juice company to shut down Updated: Oct-30-15 4:18 pm
KETCHUM, Idaho - Federal authorities have ordered a central Idaho juice company to stop operations due to food safety concerns.
- Some Herr's potato chips recalled for incorrect gluten label Updated: Oct-29-15 8:57 am
NOTTINGHAM, Pennsylvania - Certain bags of Herr's potato chips incorrectly labeled as gluten free are being recalled.