- Listeria concerns spark Hy-Vee recall of pasta salad Updated: Apr-29-15 8:23 am
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa - Hy-Vee Inc. says it is recalling Hy-Vee Summer Fresh Pasta because of a potential listeria contamination.
- Education officials checking campuses for recalled ice cream Updated: Apr-28-15 2:01 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia education officials say they're working with the state health department to make sure ice cream products that were recently recalled aren't being served in schools.
- Correction: Bratwurst Recall story Updated: Apr-27-15 4:26 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In an April 24 story about a bratwurst recall, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the company involved, North Clay Packing Co., is in Springfield, Illinois. The company is in Louisville, Illinois. In addition, the AP, relying on information from the Illinois Department of Agriculture, reported erroneously that the bratwurst was sold in Coles County. The product was sold in Clay County.
- Survey released to help farmers prepare for produce rule Updated: Apr-26-15 3:43 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets has released a survey to determine how farmers may be affected by the Food and Drug Administration's new produce safety rule.
- Ohio ice cream maker says listeria found at plant Updated: Apr-24-15 8:02 pm
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio - An Ohio ice cream maker says listeria has been found in other pints and in its production facility.
- Is ice cream safe? Federal health officials say yes Updated: Apr-24-15 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Is ice cream safe to eat? Federal officials say yes, even amid recalls by two ice cream companies after the discovery of listeria bacteria in their frozen confections.
- Q&A: What is listeria? Bacteria found in Blue Bell ice cream Updated: Apr-21-15 5:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Blue Bell Creameries is pulling all of its products off the shelves after samples of its ice cream tested positive for a potentially deadly bacteria - listeria.
- No. 1 egg-producing state aims to keep bird flu out Updated: Apr-17-15 5:31 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The discovery of bird flu on an Iowa turkey farm has raised serious concerns that the poultry-killing virus could find its way into chicken barns in the nation's top egg-producing state and rapidly decimate flocks that provide the U.S. with its breakfast staple.
- Rio Olympic head says venue with fish die-off will be safe Updated: Apr-17-15 4:21 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The head of the Rio 2016 Olympic organizing committee promised Friday that the venue for rowing and canoeing would be safe despite a massive fish die-off in the small lake that will host the events.
- Southwest Washington dairy recalls cream amid listeria scare Updated: Apr-16-15 11:55 am
YACOLT, Washington - A dairy in southwestern Washington is voluntarily recalling raw milk and cream amid worries about listeria contamination.
- TSU professor gets $500K USDA grant Updated: Apr-16-15 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Tennessee State University professor has a received a $500,000 USDA grant to research new ways of preventing foodborne illness.
- Egg execs' jail sentences send strong message to industry Updated: Apr-13-15 7:11 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Two former egg industry executives received jail sentences Monday for their roles in a major 2010 salmonella outbreak, representing the latest high-profile victory for government officials hoping to emphasize food safety.
- Turkey recalls ambassador over pope's Armenia genocide words Updated: Apr-12-15 4:22 pm
VATICAN CITY - Pope Francis on Sunday marked the 100th anniversary of the slaughter of Armenians by calling the massacre by Ottoman Turks "the first genocide of the 20th century" and urging the international community to recognize it as such. Turkey immediately responded by recalling its ambassador and accusing Francis of spreading hatred and "unfounded claims."
- Sabra recalls 30,000 cases of hummus over listeria concerns Updated: Apr-09-15 11:00 am
NEW YORK - About 30,000 cases of Sabra hummus sold nationwide is being recalled due to a possible Listeria contamination.
- Douglas County company recalls ham loaf over allergens Updated: Apr-09-15 4:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - A Douglas County food company is recalling about 2,400 pounds of ham loaf because it could sicken people who are allergic to wheat.
- UMaine gets grants to improve food safety Updated: Apr-07-15 2:55 pm