- Whole Foods recalls croissants over undeclared egg Updated: Apr-18-14 7:43 pm
- Fish found with mercury in remote Western regions Updated: Apr-17-14 4:28 pm
- Michigan State, food industry start safety center Updated: Apr-07-14 7:01 pm
- Experts decode germs' DNA to fight food poisoning Updated: Apr-06-14 8:02 am
- Correction: Airline Caterer-Recall story Updated: Apr-05-14 4:23 pm
- Food inspections OK at campus hit by norovirus Updated: Apr-04-14 9:15 am
- Neb. brewers, farmers fret over federal grain plan Updated: Apr-03-14 2:51 pm
- Food supplier recalling 8,700 lbs of chicken Updated: Apr-02-14 7:25 am
- Tainted food suspected in Pa. school trip illness Updated: Mar-31-14 10:17 am
- Groups push for more humane slaughter of chickens Updated: Mar-29-14 11:30 am
- Slaughterhouse that recalled beef to be taken over Updated: Mar-27-14 2:30 pm
- Minnesota company recalls several food products Updated: Mar-23-14 1:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Whole Foods Markets is recalling mini butter croissants sold in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana because they contain eggs, an undeclared allergen.
FRESNO, California - Federal scientists have found high amounts of mercury in sport fish caught in remote areas of national parks in the West and Alaska, according to a study released Thursday.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University is joining food and drink makers and sellers to create the Center for Research on Ingredient Safety, it was announced Monday.
WASHINGTON - Chances are you've heard of mapping genes to diagnose rare diseases, predict your risk of cancer and tell your ancestry. But to uncover food poisonings?
CHICAGO - In a story April 4 about a recall of some meals served March 19 on three British Airways flights out of Miami, The Associated Press reported erroneously that consumers with questions should contact Dr. Paul Hall in Atlanta. Consumers with questions should contact Flying Food Group.
JOHNSTOWN, Pennsylvania - Officials at the University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown say state inspectors found no food safety problems as investigators continued to trace the source of a norovirus that has sickened 176 people.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Breweries in Nebraska say a federal proposal would force them to stop giving spent grains to local farmers to use as cattle feed.
ENID, Oklahoma - A food supplier with operations in Oklahoma is recalling more than 8,700 pounds of frozen chicken products because of misbranding and undeclared allergens.
FRIENDSVILLE, Maryland - Maryland public health officials are investigating the cause of nausea and vomiting that struck high school students aboard a bus returning to Uniontown, Pennsylvania, from Washington, D.C. over the weekend.
WASHINGTON - Two animal welfare groups and dozens of lawmakers are urging the Obama administration to improve humane treatment of poultry at slaughterhouses, citing statistics that show hundreds of thousands of chickens being accidentally dropped alive into scalding tanks every year.
PETALUMA, California - Federal officials have approved a Northern California company's plans to take over a shuttered slaughterhouse that was at the center of a major beef recall.
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota company is recalling some of its peanut butter, cheese, salsa and spreads that are distributed nationwide after authorities discovered some samples of the products contained listeria.