- General Mills finds listeria in 2nd batch of green beans Updated: Oct-02-15 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - General Mills is recalling 60,000 bags of its Cascadian Farm frozen green beans after one package tested positive for listeria, the second time this year the company has found the bacteria in its green beans.
- Audit shows deficiencies in state's food protection program Updated: Sep-25-15 4:21 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A state audit shows New Hampshire's food protection program is mired in inefficiencies that are preventing the timely inspection of establishments that sell, package and handle food.
- Sanderson Farms recalling chicken products Updated: Sep-25-15 12:45 pm
LAUREL, Mississippi - Sanderson Farms, Inc. is voluntarily recalling 551,090 pounds of chicken products produced at its plant in Hazlehurst.
- The Latest: Victims applaud prison sentences for salmonella Updated: Sep-21-15 7:45 pm
ALBANY, Georgia - The latest developments in the sentencing of a former peanut company executive convicted in a deadly salmonella outbreak from 2008 and 2009.
- Soft cheese linked to listeria death in Ohio Updated: Sep-18-15 5:17 pm
WASHINGTON - A California company has recalled several brands of soft cheeses after they were linked to 24 illnesses around the country over the last five years, including a 2012 death in Ohio.
- Russia fines French supermarket, Burger King Updated: Sep-15-15 12:52 pm
MOSCOW - Russian state news agencies say government officials have issued a total of $600,000 in fines for alleged food safety violations at Burger King and French supermarket chain Auchan.
- Company warns Palm Beach schools about recalled apple slices Updated: Sep-15-15 12:15 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - A Pennsylvania company says bagged red apple slices voluntarily recalled last week may have been distributed in a Florida school district.
- New federal food safety rules issued after deadly outbreaks Updated: Sep-10-15 5:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Food manufacturers must be more vigilant about keeping their operations clean under new government safety rules released Thursday in the wake of deadly foodborne illness outbreaks linked to ice cream, caramel apples, cantaloupes and peanuts.
- Second death reported in nationwide salmonella outbreak Updated: Sep-09-15 6:58 pm
SAN DIEGO - A Texas woman has become the second person to die in a nationwide salmonella outbreak linked to tainted cucumbers sold by a California company, health officials reported Wednesday.
- 14 cases of salmonella linked to cucumbers in Colorado Updated: Sep-08-15 3:31 pm
DENVER - Fourteen cases of salmonella tied to recalled cucumbers have been reported in Colorado.