- Home and garden show being held in Timonium Updated: Mar-08-14 10:05 am
- College students serve others during spring break Updated: Mar-06-14 11:44 am
- School garden helps West Texas students grow Updated: Mar-03-14 11:57 am
- Banana tree, century-old plant in gardener's realm Updated: Mar-01-14 11:06 am
- Philly Flower Show brings art canvases to life Updated: Feb-28-14 9:46 am
- Dakota City farm offers warmth during cold winter Updated: Feb-22-14 11:52 am
- Big cabbage a winner for W.Va. girl Updated: Feb-16-14 9:37 am
- Orchids in bloom for show at Evansville's zoo Updated: Feb-10-14 9:33 am
- British orchid display provides hint of spring Updated: Feb-09-14 7:45 am
- French president to find familiar at Monticello Updated: Feb-08-14 4:16 pm
TIMONIUM, Maryland - The Maryland Home & Garden Show is going on this weekend at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium.
ST. MARY-OF-THE-WOODS, Indiana - Pruning in the orchard and preparing plants for the garden has been part of the experience for a group of Minnesota students who are spending this week as an alternative spring break at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College.
EL PASO, Texas - Nine weeks ago, Charles Garcia was a disengaged student, keeping to himself in the back of the classroom. But since breaking ground on his latest school project, the El Paso Academy West senior can be found wielding a sledgehammer or behind the wheel of a bulldozer in the school's new garden, where he often works with classmates until long after the sun sets.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Even though there's snow on the ground and freezing temperatures outside, Sam Billings is thinking about greener pastures.
PHILADELPHIA - Winter-weary gardeners and painters alike may find inspiration in the colorful palette of the Philadelphia Flower Show, which uses plants and petals to pay homage to work by artists like Matisse, Calder and Kandinsky.
DAKOTA CITY, Nebraska - Dreams of spring have been hard to come by this winter when your chattering teeth keep you awake.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Anna Belan's favorite garden vegetable is the cucumber, but it was the cabbage that earned her a $1,000 scholarship.
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Even with snow and ice outside Sunday afternoon, the Mesker Park Zoo's Amazonia rain forest exhibit stays warm and humid.
LONDON - The weather outside is frightful - it has been for weeks, with parts of the country experiencing the worst floods in decades - but it's positively warm inside the Princess of Wales Conservatory. It's humid too, tropical in fact.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - From the polished copper cooking pots Thomas Jefferson brought back from France to the dome atop Monticello, French President Francois Hollande should feel right at home Monday when he and President Barack Obama visit the third president's mountaintop plantation.