- Budding chocolate industry may put Utah on map Updated: Dec-05-13 2:05 pm
- Texas Crop Report Updated: Dec-03-13 3:23 pm
- Gardener: Winter gardening activities, part one Updated: Dec-02-13 4:53 pm
- Israeli PM under fire for alleged pricey expenses Updated: Dec-02-13 9:31 am
- USC president's wife publishes 2nd cookbook Updated: Dec-01-13 3:59 pm
- Officials warn gardeners of citrus tree disease Updated: Dec-01-13 3:08 pm
- Garden City kids plant penguins for a purpose Updated: Nov-30-13 11:23 am
- Fla. couple challenges front yard garden ban Updated: Nov-20-13 3:05 am
- Milwaukee food plant stops production amid recalls Updated: Nov-16-13 4:13 pm
- New $754M Indy hospital offers sun-filled design Updated: Nov-16-13 2:16 pm
- Kan. couple sues after pot raid comes up empty Updated: Nov-12-13 4:34 pm
- Southeast Ohio school uses class to build garden Updated: Nov-09-13 2:55 pm
- Banana plant breaks Northampton greenhouse roof Updated: Nov-05-13 11:44 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Phil Davis closed his eyes and described what he was tasting.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The following reports were compiled by AgriLife Extension Service for the week of Dec. 3:
With temperatures now consistently dipping into the twenties, my time spent outdoors tending to my winter garden is becoming less frequent. That leaves more time than ever to turn my attention to indoor garden-related activities. A recent paper-shredding project was a good example. As I patiently fed stacks of paper into my shredder to prepare them for the compost pile, I pondered some of the many projects that can be done through the colder moths to make your garden more productive next spring, and to make you a little smarter in the process.
JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's penchant for scented candles is setting off a stink, with media and politicians accusing him Monday of extravagantly spending public money.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The wife of the University of South Carolina's president wants young people to eat better and learn to grow more of their food, so she has written a new cookbook based on a healthy Mediterranean diet with recipes inspired by friends, family and students.
GULF BREEZE, Florida - A highly contagious disease that could radically damage citrus tree growth has been found in the Florida Panhandle, agriculture officials said.
GARDEN CITY, Kansas - Packs of penguins are popping up in yards around Garden City in a church youth group's campaign to raise money to help other children at Christmas.
MIAMI - A South Florida couple is heading to court to challenge a town's ordinance that bans vegetable gardens in the front yards of homes.
MILWAUKEE - The Garden-Fresh Foods plant in Milwaukee has halted production and reassigned about 100 employees because of product recalls, the company said Saturday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's newest hospital is nearly ready to open following an open house that showed off its sun-filled interior and unusual design features that include a rooftop garden.
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A northeast Kansas couple has sued authorities after a SWAT-style raid of their home came up empty-handed for marijuana.
STEWART, Ohio - During his "exploratory" class, Eric Nuber, eighth-grader at Federal Hocking Secondary School, knelt down next to one of the school's garden beds and gently tugged at the lime green leafy stems until he pulled out a bright red radish.
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A banana plant at Smith College was apparently so determined to keep growing that it broke through a pane of glass on a greenhouse roof.