- The Latest: Wiggins starts fast in Rising Stars Challenge Updated: Feb-12-16 9:38 pm
TORONTO - The Latest on Friday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Bosh out of NBA All-Star Game due to calf injury Updated: Feb-12-16 5:56 pm
TORONTO - Chris Bosh's All-Star participation for this year is over, before he ever took the floor in the city where his career began.
- Review: Indie games 'Firewatch,' 'Unravel' fall short Updated: Feb-12-16 1:09 pm
What makes a game a game? That question has arisen around some of the most popular independent video games of the last few years - titles like "Gone Home," ''Her Story" and "That Dragon, Cancer" that steer away from traditional video-game mechanics in favor of narrative and character development.
- Idaho school fined for chants singling out player's mother Updated: Feb-11-16 2:22 pm
RUPERT, Idaho - Idaho officials have fined a high school over student chanting at a basketball game, saying the chants singled out an individual for harassment.
- For virtual reality pioneers, no rush to succeed in 2016 Updated: Feb-10-16 5:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Palmer Luckey doesn't just want to sell a bunch of virtual reality headsets. He wants buyers to use them every day.
- EXCHANGE: Family takes precautions after son's 2 concussions Updated: Feb-10-16 7:30 am
FORSYTH, Illinois - Tricia Shumaker thought she knew what uncontrollable crying was, she has three kids.
- Put the hammer down: New Go-Kart track going up at the beach Updated: Feb-09-16 9:12 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Some neighbors don't like the idea, but a go-kart track amusement park is being built and should open in Myrtle Beach by summer.
- Snowmobiling a family affair for regional club Updated: Feb-07-16 4:07 pm
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - The sounds and smells in the hills north of Baker Lake rivaled those of an auto racetrack as snowmobilers prepared to take off along Forest Service Road 13.
- Review: In 'XCOM 2,' Earthlings try to get the bugs out Updated: Feb-05-16 8:29 am
When the aliens come - and they will - don't expect the government to save us. If you've ever watched "The X-Files," you know half of them are in cahoots with the invaders anyway.
- Michigan Lottery plans Super Bowl ad to promote online games Updated: Feb-04-16 11:03 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Lottery says it will use a Super Bowl ad in the state to kick off three weeks of advertising to promote its online games.
- Ball State rallies to beat Bowling Green 72-64 Updated: Feb-02-16 10:10 pm
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio - Franko House and Francis Kiapway scored 16 points apiece, and Ball State rallied from 13 down in the second half to beat Bowling Green 72-64 on Tuesday night.
- Nintendo's quarterly profit slips 36 percent on lower sales Updated: Feb-02-16 9:14 am
TOKYO - Nintendo Co. reported a 36 percent drop in quarterly profit on Tuesday after lackluster video game sales for the year-end holiday shopping season.
- Sony reports a jump in fiscal third quarter profit on PS4 Updated: Jan-29-16 3:13 am
TOKYO - Sony Corp. reported a 33.5 percent jump in quarterly profit as sales improved in its PlayStation 4 video game business.
- 'Mastermind' of California jail escape has long past Updated: Jan-29-16 12:01 am
SANTA ANA, California - The alleged mastermind of a brazen California jail break was a small-town paint store manager fresh out of the Marines when his life changed with a car accident. That accident killed his friend and sent him into a spiral culminating with his arrest on charges he tortured and mutilated a man, then left him to die in the desert.
- GameStop, Insomniac Games will duet with 'Song of the Deep' Updated: Jan-28-16 9:59 am
BURBANK, California - GameStop is dipping a toe into the video game publishing business.
- Dallas-based Topgolf acquires gaming group World Golf Tour Updated: Jan-28-16 8:06 am
DALLAS - The Dallas-based Topgolf entertainment group has acquired online sports gaming company World Golf Tour.
- Troopers: Child killed in village was shot by 11-year-old Updated: Jan-26-16 2:33 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 5-year-old boy was playing video games in his living room when he was fatally shot by an 11-year-old child.
- Republican introduces bill to legalize fantasy sports Updated: Jan-25-16 4:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Big-time online fantasy sports sites could operate legally in Wisconsin if their founders pay the state thousands of dollars in registration fees under a bill a Republican lawmaker introduced Monday.
- Review: 'Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam' hits some flat notes Updated: Jan-22-16 8:42 am
Role-playing games like "Fallout 4" and "The Witcher 3" are beloved for their complexity, ambition and overwhelming variety of things to do. But those same traits scare some players away, particularly grown-ups who may not have 100 hours free to really dig in.
- Retro video games going high-brow at Indiana State Museum Updated: Jan-20-16 2:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Vintage arcade games - you know, the ones you remember from your misspent youth such as Asteroids and Pac-Man - are once again objects of fascination and wonder.
- Centuries-old curling finds dedicated fans in Santa Fe Updated: Jan-20-16 2:02 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Kirsten Stromberg barked out orders to her three teammates on where she wanted the 42-pound granite stones to land.
- Inspired by reality, 'Division' takes on interactive terror Updated: Jan-15-16 11:43 am
LOS ANGELES - At the beginning of "Tom Clancy's The Division," players portraying top-secret operatives are dropped from a helicopter into a rendition of New York City that's been crippled by a terrorist attack.
- School creates game room for honor roll students Updated: Jan-15-16 5:02 am
MISHAWAKA, Indiana - There's a room in Grissom Middle School where books, paper and pencils have given way to video games, air hockey and pop-a-shot.
- Nebraska senators reject bill defining poker as skill game Updated: Jan-14-16 6:13 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Supporters of legalizing poker in Nebraska were dealt a bad hand Thursday when lawmakers defeated a bill that would have classified poker as a game of skill, rather than a constitutionally banned game of chance.
- Review: '13 Hours' is thrilling, but too video game-like Updated: Jan-14-16 1:39 am
The most surprising thing about "13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" is how Michael Bay makes 144 minutes pass so quickly.