- 3 new miniature golf courses in works for Harrison County Updated: May-03-15 7:47 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - Three miniature golf courses are in the works in Harrison County. If all three open, they'll bring competition the pastime hasn't seen on the Mississippi Coast since Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005.
- Washington County chess academy builds focus, confidence Updated: May-03-15 10:13 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - On any given Sunday, many kids can be found lounging at home playing video games, watching TV or playing with friends, but for one group of children, weekend afternoons have been spent learning the game of chess.
- Platte rolls the dice to decide next mayor of small town Updated: Apr-30-15 6:44 pm
PLATTE, South Dakota - As luck would have it, Platte has a new mayor.
- Sony plays to strengths in games, sensors as it vows revival Updated: Apr-30-15 4:21 am
TOKYO - Once at the leading edge of consumer electronics, Sony Corp. is now more lumbering giant than trend-setter after falling behind competitors such as Samsung Electronics Co. and Apple Inc.
- 'Destiny' video game creators seek to atone for missteps Updated: Apr-29-15 9:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The creators of "Destiny" are ready to unleash the wolves.
- Federal appeals court says Ho-Chunk can offer video poker Updated: Apr-29-15 5:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal appeals court says the Ho-Chunk Nation can offer video poker at its Madison casino.
- Nominees announced for new World Video Game Hall of Fame Updated: Apr-28-15 11:07 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Fifteen video games that have engrossed gamers for untold hours were named finalists Tuesday for the new World Video Game Hall of Fame.
- Chess champion plays for the fun and love of it Updated: Apr-25-15 2:11 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Caleb Marshall is a Kentucky champion chess player who regularly takes on opponents at the University of Kentucky.
- 2 brothers to compete in national chess tournament Updated: Apr-23-15 6:01 am
POPLARVILLE, Mississippi - A pair of brothers will represent their state in a national chess tournament after being named Mississippi Scholastic State Chess Champions.
- Video game simulation sees Warriors over Cavs for NBA title Updated: Apr-17-15 6:06 pm
- 'Star Wars: Battlefront' unleashed at fan convention Updated: Apr-17-15 1:42 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Force isn't merely awakening on the big screen. It's also returning to the video game realm.
- Wizardry fans play Harry Potter-like game at Polish castle Updated: Apr-17-15 10:49 am
SUCHA, Poland - At a 13th-century castle in Poland, wizards and witches are sneaking through the halls and stone staircases of the College of Wizardry that opened this weekend for Harry Potter's devotees.
- St. Louis man claims US Chess Championship title Updated: Apr-14-15 5:08 am
ST. LOUIS - Hikaru Nakamura of St. Louis has won the U.S. Chess Championship for the fourth time in his career.
- Oregon Spanish spelling bee features bilingual students Updated: Apr-11-15 4:47 pm
FOREST GROVE, Oregon - Proud smiles from parents and teachers contrasted the nervous energy burning in their students. Pencils skittered quickly as the children wrote out 20 dictated words to qualify for the spelling bee's oral round.
- Morningside College to roll out video game design program Updated: Apr-11-15 10:44 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Morningside College freshman Zac Thacker has a chance to turn a lifelong hobby into a career, thanks to a new major starting in the fall.
- Awesome! 'Lego Dimensions' combining bricks and franchises Updated: Apr-09-15 9:26 am
BURBANK, California - The creators of the "Lego" video games are building their own rendition of a toys-to-life franchise.
- Video game leads police to suspect in death of man in river Updated: Apr-09-15 6:56 am
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh police say they used online video game logins to track down a suspect in a missing person case.
- Church fire evacuates bridge club playing in annex Updated: Apr-07-15 8:14 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Firefighters say over 40 people in a bridge club were evacuated from a church annex after heavy smoke drifted from the church to the building in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.