- Nintendo reports profit but no word on new president Updated: Jul-29-15 4:55 am
TOKYO - Nintendo posted an 8.28 billion yen ($67 million) profit for the fiscal first quarter, helped by better sales and a cheap yen, but did not announce a new president to lead the company after the death this month of Satoru Iwata.
- Michigan math champ charts her path to career gold Updated: Jul-27-15 11:26 am
DETROIT - Jackie Bredenberg knows her way around an isosceles triangle, a parallelogram and anything else in the mathematics stratosphere.
- China lifting ban on sales of video game consoles Updated: Jul-27-15 8:04 am
BEIJING - China is lifting its ban on sales of video game consoles to promote the industry and a new manufacturing zone in Shanghai.
- Electronic Sports League to begin random drug tests Updated: Jul-23-15 8:35 pm
LOS ANGELES - Drug testing is coming to e-sports.
- Review: Disappointing 'Pixels' falls apart before it begins Updated: Jul-22-15 1:01 pm
The most believable element in "Pixels" is that alien video-game creatures could attack our planet.
- Game fan creates community spot where youth can test mettle Updated: Jul-21-15 2:32 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Sean Romero works as a clothing store manager, raises two kids and still finds time to operate The Realm of Possibilities, a shop dedicated to games.
- 8-Bit Icons: A look at the video games of 'Pixels' Updated: Jul-21-15 9:07 am
LOS ANGELES - Q(asterisk)bert is ready for his close-up.
- Pickup truck crashes through Florida pool hall, killing 1 Updated: Jul-21-15 5:34 am
CAPE CORAL, Florida - Police say one person is dead and three are injured after a pickup truck crashed into a southwest Florida billiards hall.
- Indiana agency : No action planned over card game prizes Updated: Jul-20-15 6:49 pm
MUNCIE, Indiana - An Indiana senior center has stopped offering prizes like cookies and toilet paper in euchre card games in which residents paid a few dollars to play after state officials warned them the practice constituted gambling.
- Morgan and Messi grace cover of FIFA 16 video game Updated: Jul-20-15 5:03 pm
Lionel Messi will be joined by Alex Morgan on the cover of EA Sports' FIFA 16 video game.
- Strasburg Rail Road is featuring a moving arcade this summer Updated: Jul-19-15 11:58 am
STRASBURG, Pennsylvania - What on earth is the Pendolino?
- Children's librarian brings love of literature to her job Updated: Jul-19-15 10:22 am
FREMONT, Nebraska - Keene Memorial Library Children's Librarian Laura England-Biggs' office is hidden away, off the main storage room and into the back recesses of the library.
- Casino ex-workers, others charged in cheating scams in Ohio Updated: Jul-18-15 4:37 am
CINCINNATI - Three former Cincinnati casino workers and others accused in two alleged cheating scams last year have been indicted on felony gambling charges.
- Judge OKs $60 million settlement in NCAA video game case Updated: Jul-17-15 7:21 pm
A federal judge approved a $60 million settlement for college athletes in a class-action lawsuit filed against the NCAA and video-game maker Electronics Arts.
- Photo of guns, possibly paintball, spurs brief alert in NY Updated: Jul-17-15 6:32 pm
NEW YORK - Police were alerted and a Coast Guard station was locked down briefly after a photo surfaced of people carrying what appeared to be assault rifles near a bridge. But authorities later said there appeared to be no threat and the weapons may have been paintball guns.
- In Tech: Comcast games, Microsoft music, HBO online Updated: Jul-16-15 4:20 pm
Comcast is adding another hook to try to keep customers in front of the TV: video games in its set-top boxes.
- The Latest: Game (almost) over. 9 players chase poker prize Updated: Jul-15-15 4:37 am
LAS VEGAS - The latest from the World Series of Poker main event championship (all times local):
- The Internet flooded with tributes to Nintendo chief Updated: Jul-14-15 12:14 am
TOKYO - Nintendo Co. President Satoru Iwata's death from an illness at 55 is being mourned by game fans around the world. They're sharing Iwata Mii avatars, creating pictures with farewell messages on the Nintendo drawing game Splatoon and sending Tweets with "ThankYouIwata" hashtags. Some of the online tributes:
- Nintendo's Iwata who led through successes, woes dies at 55 Updated: Jul-13-15 10:10 am
TOKYO - Satoru Iwata, who led Japanese video game company Nintendo Co. through years of growth with its Pokemon and Super Mario franchises, has died after a lengthy illness, drawing a flood of emotional tributes from game fans and industry rivals, the company said Monday. He was 55.
- Review: Ernest Cline returns with new novel, 'Armada' Updated: Jul-13-15 9:16 am
"Armada" (Crown), by Ernest Cline
- Game of Brands: Comic-Con installations engulf San Diego Updated: Jul-08-15 12:45 pm
SAN DIEGO - When it comes to hyping the latest pop culture spectacles, few are coloring inside the lines at Comic-Con.
- Hall of Famer Steve Austin graces 'WWE 2K16' videogame cover Updated: Jul-06-15 7:58 am
PHILADELPHIA - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's bottom line has him at the top of the latest WWE videogame.
- AP Exclusive: China Ministry posted bootleg 'Liar's Poker' Updated: Jul-03-15 6:49 am
SHANGHAI - A complete bootlegged copy of Michael Lewis' bestselling book about Wall Street, "Liar's Poker," was hosted on the official website of the Chinese Commerce Ministry, the agency responsible for intellectual property protection in China, The Associated Press has found.
- Kirkland man sentenced to 15 years for child porn Updated: Jul-01-15 2:10 pm
SEATTLE - A Kirkland man with a prior conviction for a child sex offense has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for preying on teenage boys through computer games.