- Vocabulary test takes away some National Spelling Bee drama Updated: May-25-15 10:32 am
WASHINGTON - For viewers of last year's Scripps National Spelling Bee, one of the most surprising results came courtesy of a test nobody saw.
- National Spelling Bee launches fantasy-style mobile app Updated: May-20-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Fans of the Scripps National Spelling Bee will have a new way to follow the tongue-twisting action this year.
- Review: 'Witcher III' an intimate story in epic trappings Updated: May-19-15 8:01 am
Geralt of Rivia may be trapped in medieval times, but he's the epitome of a Renaissance man.
- Tennis hall uses $3M museum makeover to detail game's impact Updated: May-17-15 11:17 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame is using a $3 million makeover to highlight the game's influence on pop culture and social issues, with snazzy new displays and iconic memorabilia highlighting moments that transcended the sport.
- 'Minecraft' most streamed video game in YouTube's history Updated: May-13-15 10:16 am
LOS ANGELES - "Minecraft" has built a big reputation on YouTube.
- 'The Witcher 3' takes a cue from 'Game of Thrones' Updated: May-11-15 5:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" isn't shying away from its name.
- ND man suing government over injury during paintball game Updated: May-08-15 3:11 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A North Dakota man who says he was injured while watching a paintball game at a National Guard recruiting event is suing the federal government over his claim for damages.
- Nintendo reports $350 million profit, reversal from red ink Updated: May-07-15 12:40 pm
TOKYO - Nintendo Co. reported a net profit of 41.8 billion yen ($350 million) for the fiscal year through March, a reversal from deep losses the previous year, as it reshapes its troubled business with a long-delayed foray into smartphone games and plans to bring its video game characters to theme parks.
- 3 new miniature golf courses in works for Harrison County Updated: May-03-15 7:47 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - Three miniature golf courses are in the works in Harrison County. If all three open, they'll bring competition the pastime hasn't seen on the Mississippi Coast since Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005.
- Washington County chess academy builds focus, confidence Updated: May-03-15 10:13 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - On any given Sunday, many kids can be found lounging at home playing video games, watching TV or playing with friends, but for one group of children, weekend afternoons have been spent learning the game of chess.
- Platte rolls the dice to decide next mayor of small town Updated: Apr-30-15 6:44 pm
PLATTE, South Dakota - As luck would have it, Platte has a new mayor.
- Sony plays to strengths in games, sensors as it vows revival Updated: Apr-30-15 4:21 am
TOKYO - Once at the leading edge of consumer electronics, Sony Corp. is now more lumbering giant than trend-setter after falling behind competitors such as Samsung Electronics Co. and Apple Inc.
- 'Destiny' video game creators seek to atone for missteps Updated: Apr-29-15 9:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The creators of "Destiny" are ready to unleash the wolves.
- Federal appeals court says Ho-Chunk can offer video poker Updated: Apr-29-15 5:41 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal appeals court says the Ho-Chunk Nation can offer video poker at its Madison casino.
- Nominees announced for new World Video Game Hall of Fame Updated: Apr-28-15 11:07 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Fifteen video games that have engrossed gamers for untold hours were named finalists Tuesday for the new World Video Game Hall of Fame.
- Chess champion plays for the fun and love of it Updated: Apr-25-15 2:11 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Caleb Marshall is a Kentucky champion chess player who regularly takes on opponents at the University of Kentucky.