- Chess teacher rejects plea deal in child sex abuse case Updated: Oct-07-15 4:25 am
DELAWARE, Ohio - Prosecutors say an Ohio chess teacher accused of sexually abusing children has rejected a plea agreement that would have dropped a mandatory prison sentence.
- Police battle return of Internet cafes in western Colorado Updated: Oct-06-15 7:14 pm
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - Authorities say new Internet gaming cafes have been popping up in western Colorado, trying to skirt a new law that cracks down on illegal gambling.
- Review: 'Rock Band' mounts a raucous reunion tour Updated: Oct-06-15 7:46 am
Rock is dead, they say.
- CC Sabathia to enter alcohol rehab center, miss playoffs Updated: Oct-05-15 7:49 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia walked into manager Joe Girardi's office in Baltimore on Sunday and made a stunning admission: He has an alcohol problem.
- Ambassador talks to refugee camp via video link at UN Updated: Oct-02-15 2:03 am
NEW YORK - The muscular young man on one side of the video link spoke of his flight from Syria and his life since 2012 at the Za'atari refugee camp in Jordan, where he teaches wrestling to boys.
- Nevada gambling revenue down 1 percent in August Updated: Sep-30-15 4:24 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada gambling revenue in August dropped a little more than 1 percent from a year earlier, pulled down by an ongoing slide in baccarat play linked to a wavering economy in China.
- Caesars' new CEO shocked with lack of casino innovation Updated: Sep-30-15 3:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - New Caesars Entertainment Corp. CEO Mark Frissora said he's been shocked at the casino industry's lack of innovation in appealing to younger would-be gamblers.
- As gamblers shun stingier slots, casinos shake things up Updated: Sep-28-15 3:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - Move aside one-armed bandits. The casino floor is making room for game zones with oversized popping dice, digital spinning Big Six wheels and virtual roulette, with an eye on adding arcade-style video games in the not-so-distant future.
- What it takes to make a corn maze in Paradise Updated: Sep-26-15 5:07 pm
PARADISE, Pennsylvania - Twenty years ago, the Coleman family tried something completely new on their Paradise Township farm.
- Movie theaters host youth league for 'Minecraft' gamers Updated: Sep-22-15 4:43 pm
LOS ANGELES - On a recent afternoon inside the Cinemark Playa Vista multiplex, a sold-out movie theater was packed with more than 100 children and their parents. The youngsters weren't gathering to watch "Minions" or "Inside Out" for the zillionth time. Instead, they came armed with their laptops to competitively play the video game "Minecraft."
- The Latest: Rancher: Sage grouse cooperation broke distrust Updated: Sep-22-15 2:00 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The latest on the decision not to list the greater sage grouse as threatened or endangered (all times local):
- Review: Skylanders burn rubber in new 'SuperChargers' Updated: Sep-22-15 8:07 am
What do kids love as much as - if not more than - action figures? Things for them to drive. Whether it's a convertible for Barbie or a tank for G.I. Joe, no toy box is complete without a car, plane or boat for your dolls to cruise around in.
- Timelines set for considering species protection in 9 states Updated: Sep-22-15 4:02 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Officials have agreed on timelines for determining whether seven aquatic species from nine states will be protected under the Endangered Species Act.
- Harden, Davis ready to see if they've closed gap on Curry Updated: Sep-22-15 2:12 am
NEW YORK - The Beard and the Brow checked the same place first when they got a look at the NBA 2K16 video game.
- State fairs won't press broiler industry's bird flu luck Updated: Sep-19-15 8:56 am
NEW ORLEANS - The South is the heart of U.S. broiler chicken production and escaped the deadly bird flu virus that devastated flocks in the Midwest this spring. Autumn, however, brings the possibility that migrating wild birds will carry the virus to the lower half of the U.S.
- 13 women dropped from FIFA 16 because of NCAA eligibility Updated: Sep-17-15 4:19 pm
TORONTO - Kadeisha Buchanan, a teenage defender who starred at this summer's Women's World Cup, is among six Canadians dropped from the FIFA 16 video game because of a dispute with the NCAA.
- Annual Japan video game show opens with record exhibitors Updated: Sep-17-15 4:41 am
CHIBA, Japan - Japan's annual video game show opened Thursday with a record number of exhibitors, including independent companies and newcomers, a positive sign for an industry that has faced tough competition from games on social media and mobile devices.
- Ferguson-Florissant students introduced to chess Updated: Sep-16-15 10:09 am
FERGUSON, Missouri - Students in elementary and middle schools in the Ferguson-Florissant School District are getting a new activity - chess.
- Review: Nintendo gives fans the tools to make over Mario Updated: Sep-15-15 9:04 am
Ever since Mario rescued that damsel from Donkey Kong three decades ago, he's done some pretty amazing things. He's a master of golf, tennis and auto racing. He can turn into a raccoon, cat or penguin. He's even explored outer space.
- Nintendo names new president after Iwata death Updated: Sep-14-15 5:25 am
TOKYO - Nintendo on Monday named a long-serving executive as president following the death in July of Satoru Iwata.
- With 'Mario Maker,' Nintendo relinquishes control Updated: Sep-10-15 10:42 am
LOS ANGELES - Nintendo is giving players the keys to the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Nintendo, Google spinoff Niantic in smartphone Pokemon game Updated: Sep-10-15 10:09 am
TOKYO - Imagine coming out of your office, home, or school and getting an alert: A Pikachu is lurking behind a nearby tree, and the chase is on.
- Review: 'Mad Max' takes a bumpy ride beyond the apocalypse Updated: Sep-09-15 8:34 am
There's a reason Mad Max is so peevish. Ever since the original movie blasted out of Australia in 1979, designers of post-apocalyptic video games like "Fallout" and "Borderlands" have drawn inspiration from its bleak vision. But all we've seen of Max himself has been one crummy 1990 Nintendo game.