- Bayern president Hoeness on trial for tax evasion Updated: Mar-09-14 7:15 pm
- Man City ousted from FA Cup, Madrid rolls in Spain Updated: Mar-09-14 7:07 pm
- Juventus beats Fiorentina 1-0 for 14-point lead Updated: Mar-09-14 6:58 pm
- Ronaldo helps Madrid win to reclaim sole lead Updated: Mar-09-14 6:50 pm
- Benfica wins to increase lead in Portugal Updated: Mar-09-14 6:39 pm
- Lille beats Montpellier 2-0 to stay in 3rd place Updated: Mar-09-14 6:36 pm
- Burling scores winner, Chivas USA beats Fire 3-2 Updated: Mar-09-14 6:32 pm
- PAOK beats Olympiakos 2-1 Updated: Mar-09-14 5:39 pm
- Wigan stuns City for 2nd straight year in FA Cup Updated: Mar-09-14 5:24 pm
- No complacency for Bayern, Barca in Champs League Updated: Mar-09-14 5:15 pm
- A's considering temporary home if lease expires Updated: Mar-09-14 4:15 pm
- Dortmund scrapes 1-0 win at Freiburg in Bundesliga Updated: Mar-09-14 2:45 pm
- Ajax draws 1-1 agains SC Cambuur Updated: Mar-09-14 1:55 pm
- Brazil inaugurates another World Cup stadium Updated: Mar-09-14 11:51 am
- Stuttgart fires Schneider, hires Stevens as coach Updated: Mar-09-14 6:51 am
- First-place Brisbane 10 points clear in A-League Updated: Mar-09-14 4:47 am
- Timbers rally to tie Union 1-1 Updated: Mar-09-14 3:06 am
- Plata lifts Real Salt Lake past Galaxy, 1-0 Updated: Mar-09-14 1:42 am
- Urawa removes discriminatory banner from stadium Updated: Mar-09-14 1:11 am
- Seattle scrape past Kansas City 1-0 in opener Updated: Mar-09-14 1:05 am
- Whitecaps beat Red Bulls 4-1 in opener Updated: Mar-09-14 12:09 am
- Mauro Diaz helps FC Dallas beat Montreal 3-2 Updated: Mar-08-14 11:36 pm
- Will Bruin stars in Dynamo's 4-0 win over Revs Updated: Mar-08-14 10:53 pm
- Sydney FC player says he was racially abused Updated: Mar-08-14 10:27 pm
- Higuain scores twice, Crew beat United 3-0 Updated: Mar-08-14 9:20 pm
BERLIN - Bayern Munich President Uli Hoeness goes on trial Monday over a tax evasion case that could land the German footballing legend in prison.
Manchester City suffered an unceremonious exit from the FA Cup on Sunday, three days before it tries to overturn a 2-0 deficit at Barcelona in the Champions League.
MILAN - Juventus took a giant step towards a third straight Serie A title after beating Fiorentina 1-0 on Sunday to extend its lead at the top of the standings to 14 points with second-placed Roma losing 1-0 at Napoli.
BARCELONA, Spain - Cristiano Ronaldo helped Real Madrid reclaim sole possession of the Spanish league on Sunday, scoring one goal and setting up another in a dominant 3-0 victory over 10-man Levante at the Santiago Bernabeu.
LISBON, Portugal - Benfica beat Estoril 2-0 at home to increase its lead of the Portuguese league on Sunday after Sporting Lisbon drew 2-2 at Setubal.
PARIS - Center back Marko Basa and striker Nolan Roux scored a goal each as Lille beat Montpellier 2-0 on Sunday to strengthen its grip on third place in the French league.
ATHENS, Greece - Giorgos Tzavellas scored the winning goal and created the other as PAOK secured a 2-1 victory over defending champion Olympiakos in the Greek league Sunday.
LONDON - Second-tier Wigan pulled off a stunning victory over Manchester City for the second straight year in the FA Cup on Sunday, leaving one of the most unlikely semifinal lineups in the famous competition's recent history.
LONDON - Protecting 2-0 leads from their last-16 first legs, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are huge favorites to advance in the Champions League this week when they play return matches at home.
OAKLAND, California - Oakland A's owner Lew Wolff is considering moving the team to a temporary location if he can't extend a two-year lease with the Oakland Coliseum.
BERLIN - Borussia Dortmund captain Sebastian Kehl scored the only goal as his team consolidated second place in the Bundesliga with a 1-0 win at his former club Freiburg on Sunday.
AMSTERDAM - Defending Dutch champion Ajax drew 1-1 against Cambuur Sunday, dropping points but still keeping a sizeable lead over its Eredivisie competitors.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian officials are inaugurating the Arena da Amazonia in the jungle city of Manaus, the ninth World Cup stadium to become available for football's showcase event. Three still have to be finished, including the one hosting the opener in Sao Paulo in about three months.
STUTTGART, Germany - Stuttgart fired Thomas Schneider and appointed former Schalke coach Huub Stevens in his place on Sunday.
SYDNEY - The Brisbane Roar moved 10 points clear in first place in Australia's A-League with five regular-season rounds to play after a 2-1 home win Sunday over Adelaide United.
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Portland Timbers' season-opening draw with Philadelphia left them wondering what they could have done to pull out the win.
CARSON, California - Joao Plata scored in the 80th minute, Nick Rimando stopped Robbie Keane's penalty kick in stoppage time and Real Salt Lake opened with a 1-0 victory over the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night in Jeff Cassar's head coaching debut for the Utah club.
TOKYO - Japanese club Urawa Reds have removed a banner from their home stadium over fears the sign could be considered racist.
SEATTLE - Chad Barrett scored in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over champions Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer season opener.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Kenny Miller scored twice and the Vancouver Whitecaps beat the New York Red Bulls 4-1 on Saturday night in the season opener before a sellout crowd of 21,000 at B.C. Place Stadium.
FRISCO, Texas - Mauro Diaz scored on a free kick and set up a penalty and FC Dallas opened the season with a 3-2 comeback victory over the Montreal Impact on Saturday night in coach Oscar Pareja's debut.
SYDNEY - Sydney FC midfielder Ali Abbas has accused unnamed Western Sydney Wanderers players of racially, religiously and culturally abusing him during Saturday's A-League match won 3-1 by Sydney FC.