- Bale leads Madrid 2-1 past Barca for Copa del Rey Updated: Apr-16-14 6:12 pm
- Man City slips further out of title contention Updated: Apr-16-14 5:45 pm
- Atlanta lands MLS expansion team for 2017 Updated: Apr-16-14 5:24 pm
- Bayern beats Kaiserslautern 5-1 Updated: Apr-16-14 5:13 pm
- City's title hopes hit with 2-2 draw vs Sunderland Updated: Apr-16-14 5:08 pm
- Crystal Palace beat Everton 3-2 to dent UCL hopes Updated: Apr-16-14 4:56 pm
- New chief but few changes at Brazilian federation Updated: Apr-16-14 4:31 pm
- Pohang into 2nd round in Asian Champions League Updated: Apr-16-14 3:36 pm
- 17 injured in highway clash of Croatian fans Updated: Apr-16-14 2:22 pm
- Player gets 5-match ban for lashing out at fan Updated: Apr-16-14 1:24 pm
- Soccer coming to Bravo, Syfy, Oxygen, CNBC, E! Updated: Apr-16-14 1:09 pm
- Liverpool boosted by diagnosis of Sturridge injury Updated: Apr-16-14 12:18 pm
- 54 detained in anti-World Cup protest in Brazil Updated: Apr-16-14 11:38 am
- Wolfsburg's Malanda to miss rest of season Updated: Apr-16-14 9:05 am
- Sociedad coach Arrasate extends contract Updated: Apr-16-14 6:26 am
- Atlanta soccer announcement planned Wednesday Updated: Apr-16-14 5:44 am
- Belgium coach Wilmots extends contract by 4 years Updated: Apr-16-14 4:23 am
- 6 residents, 2 firefighters, hurt in Chicago fire Updated: Apr-15-14 10:52 pm
- CONCACAF disciplines Cruz Azul for altercation Updated: Apr-15-14 9:35 pm
- Atletico Mineiro backs off deal to sign Anelka Updated: Apr-15-14 7:48 pm
- Arsenal beats West Ham 3-1 in Premier League Updated: Apr-15-14 5:53 pm
- Tickets for two-thirds of World Cup games sold out Updated: Apr-15-14 4:38 pm
- Tests games scheduled at stadium of WCup opener Updated: Apr-15-14 4:27 pm
- MLS fines Crew defender Gonzalez for embellishment Updated: Apr-15-14 3:42 pm
- Prandelli wary of putting pressure on Rossi Updated: Apr-15-14 2:17 pm
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale's late gallop and goal sealed Real Madrid its 19th Copa del Rey title on Wednesday in a thrilling 2-1 win over Barcelona, as the Welshman filled the void left by the injured Cristiano Ronaldo to claim his first career trophy.
MANCHESTER, England - The Premier League trophy could be out of reach for Manchester City after a 2-2 home draw with last-placed Sunderland on Wednesday that capped a demoralizing four days for title chasers.
ATLANTA - Atlanta has become the newest city in Major League Soccer with an expansion franchise that will begin play in 2017.
FRANKFURT, Germany - Title holder Bayern Munich cruised to its 20th German Cup final by beating second-division Kaiserslautern 5-1 on Wednesday.
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City's hopes of winning the Premier League took a big hit with a 2-2 draw at home to last-place Sunderland on Wednesday, with the title chasers needing an 88th-minute goal from Samir Nasri to earn a point.
LIVERPOOL, England - Crystal Palace dented Everton's hopes of Champions League football next season following a 3-2 away win on Tuesday in the English Premier League.
SAO PAULO - The Brazilian football federation elected a new president on Wednesday, although little is changing at the helm of the organization.
OSAKA, Japan - South Korean club Pohang Steelers beat Japan's Cerezo Osaka 2-0 to secure a second-round spot in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.
ZAGREB, Croatia - Police say at least 17 supporters of two rival Croatian football clubs have been injured, two seriously, as they clashed on a busy highway.
LONDON - A footballer in England's third tier has been handed a five-match ban for lashing out at a spectator during a match.
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Soccer is coming to some U.S. television networks better known for reality shows, dramas or financial news.
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool's Premier League title hopes have been boosted by a positive injury prognosis on striker Daniel Sturridge.
SAO PAULO - Police say that 54 people protesting against the World Cup have been arrested in Brazil's largest city.
WOLFSBURG, Germany - Wolfsburg midfielder Junior Malanda will miss the remaining four matches in the Bundesliga after damaging ligaments in his right knee in the 2-0 German Cup loss at Borussia Dortmund.
SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain - Real Sociedad manager Jagoba Arrasate has agreed to a two-year contract extension that will keep him at the Basque club until the end of the 2015-16 season.
ATLANTA - Major League Soccer and Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank and Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed plan a "major announcement" Wednesday on a proposed expansion team to play in Atlanta's new downtown stadium.
BRUSSELS - The Belgian federation has extended the contract of coach Marc Wilmots to the 2018 World Cup after he led the Red Devils to their first finals in a dozen years.
CHICAGO - Two Chicago firefighters and a police officer were among eight people injured when a fire engulfed a two-story frame building on the city's South Side.
MIAMI - CONCACAF has fined Mexican club Cruz Azul FC and penalized goaltender Jesus Corona for an altercation involving Club Tijuana following a Champions League semifinal match last Wednesday.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro said Tuesday that it will not sign former France striker Nicolas Anelka because the player took too long to report to the club.
LONDON - Lukas Podolski scored twice as Arsenal came from a goal down to beat West Ham 3-1 in the Premier League on Tuesday and provisionally reclaim the last Champions League spot.
SAO PAULO - Tickets for nearly two-thirds of the World Cup matches were sold out within hours of FIFA opening the final online sales phase on Tuesday.
SAO PAULO - Brazilian club Corinthians has scheduled at least three test events at the stadium that will host the World Cup opener in less than two months.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The MLS disciplinary committee has fined Columbus Crew defender Giancarlo Gonzalez an undisclosed amount for embellishment intended to deceive the referee.
FLORENCE, Italy - Italy coach Cesare Prandelli is hopeful of taking Giuseppe Rossi to the World Cup in Brazil but is wary of putting pressure on the young forward as he recovers from injury.