- Police: college soccer player's body found in Ohio creek Updated: Feb-07-16 6:11 pm
DELAWARE, Ohio - Police are investigating the death of an Ohio Wesleyan University soccer player whose body was found in a creek in central Ohio.
- Ibrahimovic scores as unbeaten PSG wins 2-1 at Marseille Updated: Feb-07-16 5:46 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored the first goal and set up the winner for Angel di Maria as Paris Saint-Germain won 2-1 away at bitter rival Marseille on Sunday, extending its record unbeaten league run to 34 matches and maintaining its massive 24-point lead.
- Chelsea, Man United in 2nd stalemate; Arsenal rises to 3rd Updated: Feb-07-16 5:30 pm
LONDON - A second stalemate of the season between Chelsea and Manchester United saw the fallen powers slip further from relevance in this unusual Premier League season.
- Barcelona ties all-time club record of 28 games without loss Updated: Feb-07-16 5:09 pm
MADRID - Barcelona did just enough to defeat last-place Levante 2-0 on Sunday and tie its all-time record of 28 consecutive games without a loss.
- Napoli and Juventus record narrow wins to remain 1st and 2nd Updated: Feb-07-16 5:00 pm
MILAN - Napoli and Juventus both recorded narrow victories against relegation-threatened sides to remain first and second in Serie A on Sunday ahead of their showdown in Turin next weekend.
- Olympiakos wins again, beats PAOK 1-0 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:41 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Olympiakos beat PAOK 1-0 and increased its lead at the top of the Greek league to 19 points with AEK's 1-0 defeat at Atromitos earlier Sunday.
- Hamburg held to 1-1 draw by Cologne in Bundesliga Updated: Feb-07-16 4:17 pm
BERLIN - Hamburger SV was lucky to escape with a 1-1 draw against Cologne as the home side's slump continued Sunday in its sixth Bundesliga game without a win.
- Congo claims African Nations title, beats Mali 3-0 Updated: Feb-07-16 4:06 pm
KIGALI, Rwanda - Congo won the African Nations Championship title by convincingly beating Mali 3-0 in the final in Rwanda on Sunday.
- Arsenal climbs to 3rd in league by beating Bournemouth Updated: Feb-07-16 3:47 pm
BOURNEMOUTH, England - Arsenal ended a four-game winless run by scoring quick-fire goals to beat Bournemouth 2-0 on Sunday, rising to third in the Premier League.
- Neville says he's being unfairly judged as Valencia coach Updated: Feb-07-16 3:31 pm
MADRID - Gary Neville says he has been unfairly judged as Valencia coach despite admitting that the team's winless streak in the Spanish league is "unacceptable."
- Costa scores late as Chelsea holds Man United to a 1-1 draw Updated: Feb-07-16 2:26 pm
LONDON - Chelsea striker Diego Costa struck in stoppage time against Manchester United to maintain his scoring streak under interim manager Guus Hiddink, ensuring a 1-1 stalemate in Sunday's meeting of fallen Premier League powers.
- PSV beats Utrecht to stay atop the Dutch Eredivisie Updated: Feb-07-16 1:02 pm
- Brisbane wins big but Western Sydney still tops A-League Updated: Feb-07-16 4:42 am
SYDNEY - Brisbane joined Western Sydney atop the A-League table by beating last-place Central Coast 4-0 in the weekend's 18th round.
- Leicester beats City 3-1, Torres nets 100th Atletico goal Updated: Feb-06-16 7:36 pm
Leicester firmly underlined its Premier League title credentials with a 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday, while Atletico Madrid moved provisionally level on points with Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league by beating Eibar 3-1.
- FIFA candidates Prince Ali, Infantino claim votes in Africa Updated: Feb-06-16 5:35 pm
GENEVA - Two FIFA voters have defied African soccer leaders by endorsing rival candidates in the presidential election for Sepp Blatter's successor.
- MLS commissioner taking hard look at St. Louis Updated: Feb-06-16 4:16 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis may be losing football, but Major League Soccer could be on the horizon.
- Jamie Vardy signs new contract with Leicester to 2019 Updated: Feb-06-16 3:47 pm
LEICESTER, England - English Premier League leader Leicester says striker Jamie Vardy has signed a new contract with the club until 2019.
- Tottenham goes 2nd in Premier League by beating Watford 1-0 Updated: Feb-06-16 2:18 pm
LONDON - Tottenham is providing another element of unpredictability to a Premier League title race defying all expectations.
- Sunderland come from 2 down to draw 2-2 with Liverpool Updated: Feb-06-16 1:08 pm
LIVERPOOL, England - Relegation-threatened Sunderland came from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Liverpool in the Premier League on Saturday with manager Juergen Klopp missing and many home fans having left before the visitors rescued a point.
- Norwich in relegation zone after losing to Villa Updated: Feb-06-16 1:08 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Last-place Aston Villa looked determined to take Norwich down to the second-tier, beating the visiting Canaries 2-0 Saturday for its third Premier League win of the season.
- Newcastle moves out of Premier League relegation zone Updated: Feb-06-16 12:37 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle moved out of the Premier League relegation zone with a 1-0 win over West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, swapping places with Norwich.
- Leicester stuns Man City 3-1 to go 6 points clear at top Updated: Feb-06-16 10:14 am
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester stunned Manchester City 3-1 on Saturday to bolster its bid to become the unlikeliest champions in English football history.
- Klopp to miss Sunderland match with suspected appendicitis Updated: Feb-06-16 7:46 am
LIVERPOOL, England - Liverpool says manager Juergen Klopp will miss Saturday's English Premier League match at home to Sunderland with a suspected bout of appendicitis.
- Jozy Altidore scores on late header, US beats Canada 1-0 Updated: Feb-06-16 1:47 am
CARSON, California - With only minutes to spare, Jozy Altidore made sure the United States left its year-opening training camp with an encouraging result.
- Benfica routs Belenenses 5-0 in the Portuguese League Updated: Feb-05-16 5:44 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Konstantinos Mitroglou scored a hat-trick by and strike partner Jonas added a double as Benfica provisionally rose to the top of the standings after beating Belenenses 5-0 in the Portuguese league on Friday.