- Clinton to speak at Montgomery Bus Boycott anniversary event Updated: Dec-01-15 3:01 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is traveling to Alabama to mark the 60th anniversary of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- The Latest: Demonstrators rally for justice for Freddie Gray Updated: Dec-01-15 12:33 am
BALTIMORE - The latest on the trial of a police officer accused in the death of Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old black man who suffered a spinal injury in the back of a transport van (all times local):
- Demonstrations continue in police shooting of black teen Updated: Nov-30-15 9:19 pm
CHICAGO - There was another of day of protests in connection with the fatal shooting of a black 17-year-old by a white Chicago police officer.
- Prosecutors charge 4 in shooting of Minneapolis protesters Updated: Nov-30-15 5:08 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Four men were charged Monday in last week's shooting of demonstrators protesting the killing of a black man by Minneapolis police, while the city's mayor separately asked the protesters to end their weekslong encampment at a police precinct.
- The Latest: Protesters vow to stay outside police station Updated: Nov-30-15 4:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest in the reaction to the fatal shooting of a black man by Minneapolis police that has sparked more than two weeks of demonstrations (all times local):
- Nepal leaders, ethnic protesters resume talks to end crisis Updated: Nov-30-15 9:00 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Nepal's top political leaders met Monday with representatives of the Madhesi ethnic group who are protesting against the country's new constitution to try to end a months-long crisis, but no agreement was reached.
- Egypt releases 31 detained over unlawful protest Updated: Nov-30-15 7:41 am
CAIRO - An Egyptian police official says authorities have released 31 graduates arrested the previous day for attending an unauthorized protest to demand government jobs.
- 60 years after boycott, using Montgomery bus can be trying Updated: Nov-30-15 4:45 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Two blocks from the spot where Rosa Parks refused to give up her bus seat to a white passenger in 1955, 17-year-old Tanesha Wilson listens to earbuds as she waits for the No. 8.
- Colleges grapple with best ways to address race incidents Updated: Nov-30-15 3:58 am
WASHINGTON - Officials were slow to handle racial incidents at the University of Missouri, and that contributed to protests, a student hunger strike, a threatened boycott by the football team and ultimately, the resignations of two administrators.
- Results of Ithaca College no confidence vote expected Updated: Nov-30-15 3:05 am
ITHACA, New York - Student leaders at Ithaca College are expected to release the results of a no confidence vote in President Tom Rochon.
- The Latest: Obama visits site of Paris concert attack Updated: Nov-29-15 7:16 pm
PARIS - The latest from the much-anticipated U.N. climate conference that gets underway in Paris on Monday. All times local:
- Planned Parenthood: Long a lightning rod in US culture wars Updated: Nov-29-15 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - As a leading defender of abortion rights and comprehensive sex education, Planned Parenthood deals daily with some of America's most contentious issues, and is well accustomed to receiving verbal threats.
- Fathers' rights protesters climb onto Buckingham Palace roof Updated: Nov-29-15 4:48 pm
LONDON - British police say two men have scaled Buckingham Palace in an apparent protest over fathers' rights.
- Worldwide climate rallies draw hundreds of thousands Updated: Nov-29-15 3:57 pm
PARIS - Hundreds of thousands of people have taken part in rallies around the world on Sunday, calling on leaders to halt climate change on the eve of a major conference in Paris.
- Q&A on the history of attacks against Planned Parenthood Updated: Nov-29-15 1:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - A deadly shooting at a Colorado Planned Parenthood is the latest in a long history of violence at clinics that provide abortions and doctors who perform the procedure.
- Hundreds of Russian truck drivers head to Moscow for protest Updated: Nov-29-15 11:27 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Hundreds of the Russian truck drivers who have been protesting around the country were driving their rigs toward Moscow on Sunday to demand that the government cancel a new road tax, one protest leader said.
- Protesters call for end to gun violence in Harrisburg Updated: Nov-29-15 11:08 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Protesters calling for an end to gun violence marched in Harrisburg after two men were shot dead in unrelated incidents.
- Thousands stage anti-govt protest in Moldova Updated: Nov-29-15 10:55 am
CHISINAU, Moldova - Thousands of anti-government protesters have gathered in Moldova's capital and other towns demanding better governance and an end to widespread corruption.
- Peace rally held in North Texas after Muslim names published Updated: Nov-28-15 5:48 pm
IRVING, Texas - About 100 demonstrators rallied in front of a suburban Dallas mosque in a show of support for the mosque a week after armed protesters appeared there.
- Rallies on Syrian refugee policy held in Hartford Updated: Nov-28-15 5:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Opponents and supporters of plans to accept Syrian refugees into the United States held dueling but peaceful rallies in Hartford.
- Victory goes top in A-League as fans stage walkout Updated: Nov-28-15 4:32 pm
SYDNEY - The Melbourne Victory played through a staged walkout by fans to beat Adelaide United 2-1 and move atop the A-League in the eighth round on Saturday.
- Kosovo police arrest opposition leader for Parliament unrest Updated: Nov-28-15 12:41 pm
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Police entered the headquarters of Kosovo's main opposition party Saturday and arrested dozens of people, including one of its leaders who was wanted for the violent actions he has used to disrupt the country's Parliament.
- Maldives police break up opposition protest for a 2nd day Updated: Nov-28-15 10:55 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Police in the Maldives dispersed opposition protesters for a second straight day Saturday, using tear gas and pepper spray and arresting more than a dozen demonstrators demanding the release of a former president and other jailed political leaders.
- Rubio to hold rally in Guntersville on Tuesday Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Marco Rubio is bringing his presidential campaign to Alabama on Tuesday.
- Seattle Black Lives Matter protest draws hundreds Updated: Nov-27-15 10:48 pm
SEATTLE - Hundreds of people marched through downtown Seattle streets and shops as part of a Black Lives Matter protest on Black Friday.