- Trade unions hold rallies to mark May Day; clashes in Turkey Updated: May-01-16 11:51 am
Trade unions and other groups are staging rallies around the world to mark International Workers Day. A look at some May Day events:
- Rally seeks to foster fairness, justice for immigrants Updated: May-01-16 11:32 am
DURHAM, New Hampshire - Social justice advocates in New Hampshire are making the rejection of racism, xenophobia and anti-Muslim sentiment the themes of their annual May Day Rally for Immigrant Justice.
- Saudi Binladin Group employees set fire to buses in protest Updated: May-01-16 10:57 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Employees at the Saudi Binladin Group, a construction giant, have set fire to more than seven company buses in the latest protest by disgruntled staff over not being paid salaries for months and a large round of reported layoffs.
- Bombings kill 31 as Iraq grapples with political crisis Updated: May-01-16 10:45 am
BAGHDAD - Two car bombs in the southern Iraqi city of Samawah on Sunday killed 31 people and wounded dozens, the latest in a series of large attacks claimed by the Islamic State group as the country grapples with a worsening political crisis.
- Rally to protest GOP's Donald Trump to be held in Miami Updated: May-01-16 6:11 am
MIAMI - A coalition of immigrant rights and labor groups are planning to march in Miami against the "hateful rhetoric" from Republican front-runner Donald Trump's presidential campaign.
- Thousands plan May 1 marches in US in heated election year Updated: May-01-16 1:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Thousands are expected to rally in cities across the United States on Sunday for immigrant and worker rights and against what they see as hateful presidential campaign rhetoric.
- Jesuit priest, peace activist Daniel Berrigan dies at 94 Updated: Apr-30-16 10:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Rev. Daniel Berrigan, a Roman Catholic priest and peace activist who was imprisoned for burning draft files in a protest against the Vietnam War, died Saturday. He was 94.
- Family, friends mark 2nd anniversary of Hamilton's death Updated: Apr-30-16 6:23 pm
MILWAUKEE - Family and friends are marking the second anniversary of the death of a mentally ill black man who was shot in a confrontation with a white police officer in a downtown Milwaukee park.
- Arsenal edges past Norwich in 1-0 win on day of fan protest Updated: Apr-30-16 3:38 pm
LONDON - Substitute Danny Welbeck's second-half goal helped Arsenal to a 1-0 victory Saturday over relegation-threatened Norwich in the Premier League on a day of protests and division among the home fans.
- The Latest: Iraq PM says situation in Baghdad under control Updated: Apr-30-16 1:32 pm
BAGHDAD - The Latest on anti-government protests in Iraq (all times local):
- Argentina's big unions join to protest layoffs, inflation Updated: Apr-29-16 10:58 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Argentina's strongest unions brought thousands of people into the streets Friday to protest high inflation and job cuts in the biggest demonstrations against President Mauricio Macri since he took office in December.
- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- Janitors march in downtown Los Angeles Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Several thousand janitors and supporters have rallied in downtown Los Angeles to demand higher wages as they ready for a possible strike.
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Hundreds of rowdy protesters broke through barricades and threw eggs at police Friday outside a hotel where Donald Trump addressed the state's Republican convention. Several Trump supporters said they were roughed up but no serious injuries were reported.
- Protesters march against Carrier moving work to Mexico Updated: Apr-29-16 6:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Several hundred people gathered at the Indiana Statehouse on Friday to protest air conditioning giant Carrier Corp.'s decision to move 1,400 jobs from the state to Mexico to save money.
- Mexico arrests 73, breaks up highway blockade Updated: Apr-29-16 4:57 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican police have arrested 73 people after breaking up a protest by taxi drivers that blocked the main highway leading from Mexico City to Acapulco.
- The Latest: Skirmishes break out outside Trump event Updated: Apr-29-16 4:13 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on protests against Donald Trump during the GOP candidate's California events (all times local):
- Sanders blasts Indiana factory closings at union rally Updated: Apr-29-16 3:06 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Bernie Sanders told a labor union rally outside the Indiana Statehouse that bad international trade policies are enabling corporations to shut down American factories and move work to countries with lower wages.
- 'Frisco Five' fast to protest San Francisco police brutality Updated: Apr-29-16 10:11 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Five people in San Francisco are on the ninth day of a hunger strike, saying they won't eat until San Francisco's police chief is fired or resigns.
- Cruz continues Indiana push, as unions protest plant closing Updated: Apr-29-16 9:14 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Ted Cruz continues his presidential campaign push across Indiana ahead of next week's primary while several top state Democrats are expected at a labor union protest.
- Sri Lankan protest demands new probe of journalist's killing Updated: Apr-29-16 8:41 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Hundreds of journalists and media rights activists protested on Friday to demand Sri Lanka's new government start a fresh investigation into the abduction and killing of a prominent ethnic Tamil journalist 11 years ago, during the country's civil war.
- French politicians decry violence at Nuit Debout protest Updated: Apr-29-16 8:18 am
PARIS - French politicians are decrying the violence that erupted at the edges of anti-labor reform protests in Paris and other French cities.
- Some skirmishes in aftermath of Orange County Trump rally Updated: Apr-29-16 1:52 am
COSTA MESA, California - Thousands of supporters turned out Thursday as Donald Trump brought his campaign to Southern California.
- The Latest: Hundreds turned away from Trump rally in OC Updated: Apr-29-16 12:56 am
COSTA MESA, California - The Latest on the scene outside Donald Trump's rally in Southern California (all times local):
- Missouri lawmaker asks students to rethink going to Mizzou Updated: Apr-28-16 6:16 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri lawmaker is urging students to reconsider attending the University of Missouri in Columbia following campus turmoil last year.