- Ukraine moves against insurgents in the east Updated: Apr-24-14 5:38 pm
- Postal workers unions protest Staples program Updated: Apr-24-14 5:18 pm
- Residents of conflictive Rio slum stage protest Updated: Apr-24-14 5:04 pm
- Sharpton may protest Astorino's NY campaign Updated: Apr-24-14 4:34 pm
- Inmate's starvation death sparks lawmakers' review Updated: Apr-24-14 2:58 pm
- Dozens protest postal service's Staples program Updated: Apr-24-14 2:22 pm
- Rebels kill 7 after voting in Indian elections Updated: Apr-24-14 1:41 pm
- Holder cancels Oklahoma speech; protests planned Updated: Apr-24-14 1:25 pm
- Protesters rally against FIFA president Blatter Updated: Apr-24-14 7:51 am
- 18 UT students arrested, protest possible cutbacks Updated: Apr-24-14 7:16 am
- New Hampshire postal workers to fight retail deal Updated: Apr-24-14 4:34 am
- Postal workers to protest in Richmond Updated: Apr-24-14 3:05 am
- Bolivia threatens to fire protesting soldiers Updated: Apr-23-14 7:24 pm
- Mexico steps back from telecom, Internet limits Updated: Apr-23-14 4:54 pm
- Puerto Rico university students launch protest Updated: Apr-23-14 3:46 pm
- Islamic militants detained in central Nigeria Updated: Apr-23-14 3:42 pm
- Andy Lopez protest leads to school campus lockdown Updated: Apr-23-14 12:17 pm
- Thai activist who opposed lese majeste law killed Updated: Apr-23-14 7:46 am
- Anti-Obama protesters clash with police in Manila Updated: Apr-23-14 4:59 am
- Syrian rebels make last stand for Homs Updated: Apr-22-14 8:17 am
- AP Exclusive: Kentucky inmate starves to death Updated: Apr-21-14 12:01 pm
- Walk to Lansing protests exclusion of students Updated: Apr-21-14 11:32 am
- Coal protest continues at Washington University Updated: Apr-21-14 10:11 am
- Nigerians mark Easter amid mourning and fear Updated: Apr-20-14 10:58 pm
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter Updated: Apr-20-14 10:55 am
SLOVYANSK, Ukraine - Russia announced new military exercises Thursday involving ground and air forces near its border with Ukraine, swiftly responding to a Ukrainian operation to drive pro-Russia insurgents out of occupied buildings in the country's tumultuous east.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Postal workers in cities big and small protested in front of Staples stores on Thursday, objecting to the U.S. Postal Service's pilot program to open counters in stores, staffed with retail employees.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Residents of a Rio de Janeiro slum that saw deadly clashes with police earlier this week are staging a protest in the Copacabana beach neighborhood.
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Republican candidate Rob Astorino's campaign for governor may soon be dogged with protests about his housing desegregation dispute with the federal government.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky lawmaker is pledging to hold hearings on prison medical issues after an inmate at a maximum-security facility starved to death on a hunger strike.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Dozens of postal workers and their supporters chanted and marched outside a Rhode Island Staples to protest the opening of postal counters in Staples stores that are staffed with retail employees.
SRINAGAR, India - A major day of voting in the world's biggest elections was marred by violence Thursday as suspected rebels killed four paramilitary soldiers and three polling officials who were traveling on buses after conducting balloting in two Indian states.
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder canceled plans to deliver a speech to a group of Oklahoma City police cadets on Thursday amid a planned protest by conservative lawmakers and organizations.
HONG KONG - A handful of protesters holding banners and placards demonstrated peacefully Thursday at an event with FIFA president Sepp Blatter to highlight the plight of migrant workers building stadiums in Qatar for the 2022 World Cup.
AUSTIN, Texas - At least 18 University of Texas students have been arrested outside the Austin school president's office in a protest against possible staff cutbacks.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Postal workers from New Hampshire are joining rallies around the nation to protests the opening of postal counters in Staples stores that are staffed with Staples employees.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Postal workers are planning a protest at a Staples store in Richmond.
LA PAZ, Bolivia - Despite a government threat to fire them, some 500 soldiers marched in Bolivia's capital Wednesday for a second consecutive day to demand greater upward mobility within the armed forces.
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's governing party appeared to step away on Wednesday from a proposal that would authorize officials to block Internet and telecom signals, pulling back a day after anti-censorship protests that ended in clashes in Mexico City.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Students at Puerto Rico's largest public university have launched a 24-hour protest following talks about a tuition increase.
LAGOS, Nigeria - A "group of terrorists" masquerading as herders have been arrested in Nigeria's central-east Taraba state, the military said Wednesday amid indications that the country's Islamic uprising is spreading.
SANTA ROSA, California - A protest over the fatal shooting of a 13-year-old boy by a Northern California sheriff's deputy briefly led school officials to lockdown a high school campus.
BANGKOK - A pro-government activist who opposed a law punishing critics of Thailand's monarchy was fatally shot Wednesday in the capital, police said.
MANILA, Philippines - Police armed with truncheons, shields and a fire hose clashed Wednesday with more than 100 left-wing activists who rallied at the U.S. Embassy in Manila to oppose a visit by President Barack Obama and an expected security pact that would increase the American military presence in the Philippines.
BEIRUT - Weakened Syrian rebels are making their last desperate stand in Homs, as forces loyal to President Bashar Assad launch their harshest assault yet to expel them from the central city, once known as the capital of the revolution.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - One doctor has been fired and another is being dismissed from the Kentucky State Penitentiary after an inmate went on a hunger strike and committed suicide by starving himself to death.
DETROIT - A group including students and teachers is marching from Detroit to Lansing to protest what they say is the harmful and unnecessary suspension or expulsion of school children for often-minor offenses.
ST. LOUIS - A student sit-in over Washington University's ties to coal company Peabody Energy is approaching its third week at the St. Louis campus.
LAGOS, Nigeria - With little to celebrate, Nigerians marked Easter Sunday with heightened security against a spreading Islamic uprising, mourning the deaths of at least 75 bomb blast victims and fearful of the fate of 85 abducted schoolgirls.
VATICAN CITY - Marking Christianity's most hopeful day, Pope Francis made an Easter Sunday plea for peace and dialogue in Ukraine and Syria, for an end to terrorist attacks against Christians in Nigeria and for more attention to the hungry and neediest close to home.