- Geneva unbending on Turkish effort to quash photo in exhibit Updated: Apr-26-16 1:11 pm
GENEVA - Geneva officials have rejected Turkish efforts to remove from a city exhibit a photograph accusing Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of ordering the killing of a teenage protester three years ago.
- Ex-art studio worker pleads guilty in 'Afghan Girl' theft Updated: Apr-25-16 4:18 pm
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania - A former suburban Philadelphia art gallery employee has pleaded guilty to her role in the theft of dozens of prints including the "Afghan Girl" photograph that once graced the cover of National Geographic.
- Artist's 'Chalk Talk' prompts students to think about life Updated: Apr-23-16 1:54 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - "If you don't understand my silence, how would you understand me & my words."
- Ex-New York artist's photos being digitized in Amarillo Updated: Apr-20-16 5:02 pm
AMARILLO, Texas - The homemade sign placed on the glass door of an out-of-the-way studio on a bare part of Sunset Center's west end Monday gave just the slightest of glimpses into the man and the project.
- Detroit museum's upcoming photo exhibit looks at road trips Updated: Apr-13-16 8:32 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Institute of Arts is taking a look at road trips with an upcoming exhibition.
- Library bookmobile decked out with Nebraska scenery, icons Updated: Apr-10-16 11:09 am
KEARNEY, Nebraska - First Lutheran preschoolers oohed and aahed Tuesday as they walked out of the school and saw the Buffalo County Bookmobile for the first time since it had been wrapped with a new design.
- Copyright infringement suit filed over Mapplethorpe photos Updated: Apr-08-16 7:26 am
NEW YORK - A photographer has filed a $65 million lawsuit against the Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation alleging he took the images of the late photographer in drag long identified as self-portraits.
- Yemeni arts festival features photos by former US hostage Updated: Apr-05-16 12:10 pm
NEW YORK - A Yemeni arts festival in New York is featuring photographs by a U.S. journalist killed by al-Qaeda in Yemen in 2014.
- 4 upstate NY colleges team up for 2018 campus museum exhibit Updated: Apr-03-16 12:01 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - Four upstate New York are teaming up for an innovative program that will exhibit hundreds of photographs simultaneously in museums on each campus.
- Popularity of Ottawa photographer's pin-up art explodes Updated: Apr-02-16 12:24 pm
OTTAWA, Kansas - While seeking a foxhole in 2006-07 to keep from being another economic casualty of the Great Recession, photographer John Gladman stumbled across an explosive business idea.