- Oakland settles with vet hurt in Occupy protest Updated: Dec-11-13 7:20 pm
- House votes to dig up veteran involved in homicide Updated: Dec-11-13 5:26 pm
- VA, National Guard join in book announcement Updated: Dec-11-13 4:23 am
- Ala. governor creates military study commission Updated: Dec-10-13 5:23 pm
- Wyo. vet finally receives medals for service Updated: Dec-10-13 3:11 pm
- Efforts underway to prevent hepatitis C outbreaks Updated: Dec-10-13 1:46 pm
- US skeptical NKorea moves will ease nuke tensions Updated: Dec-10-13 3:19 am
- 10 WWII veterans honored by France Updated: Dec-10-13 3:06 am
- Legionnaires' bacteria found in Texas hospital Updated: Dec-09-13 11:11 pm
- Veteran gets prison in fatal Vegas volunteer crash Updated: Dec-09-13 7:38 pm
- Lafayette County expands tuition program Updated: Dec-09-13 4:36 pm
- Man injured during Wounded Warrior duck hunt Updated: Dec-09-13 3:42 pm
- Work shift delays Minn. veterans benefits claims Updated: Dec-09-13 2:58 pm
- Groups plan North Dakota POW-MIA memorial Updated: Dec-09-13 9:34 am
- Unclaimed remains of 10 vets to be interred Friday Updated: Dec-09-13 8:47 am
- US vet held in N. Korea says he was comfortable Updated: Dec-08-13 7:16 pm
- Bill would let Neb. lawmakers step in on vets home Updated: Dec-08-13 1:20 pm
- Family of still-detained man hails vet's release Updated: Dec-07-13 3:41 pm
- Columbia VA halts surgeries again because of dust Updated: Dec-07-13 2:27 pm
- Veterans First works to house homeless female vets Updated: Dec-07-13 8:10 am
- North Korea deports US tourist and Korean War vet Updated: Dec-06-13 11:44 pm
- Former staffer for Utah congressman charged Updated: Dec-06-13 4:18 pm
- Ex-staffer for Utah congressman charged Updated: Dec-06-13 10:19 am
- EXCHANGE: Homeless Kankakee veteran finds a home Updated: Dec-06-13 6:11 am
- WWII veteran to receive medals 65 years late Updated: Dec-06-13 4:16 am
OAKLAND, California - The city of Oakland has agreed to settle a claim by an Iraq War veteran who was beaten by a police officer during an Occupy Oakland protest two years ago.
WASHINGTON - The House passed legislation Wednesday that instructs the Veterans Affairs Department to unearth the remains of an Army veteran buried with military honors last year even after police said he killed an Indianapolis woman and injured three others before taking his own life.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Officials with the Mississippi National Guard and G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center are announcing Wednesday the distribution of a 60th Anniversary book of the Korean War.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's governor established a group Tuesday to study ways to improve services for Alabama's active military members, veterans and military families.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - When Paul Kniss' P-51 Mustang fighter plane was shot down over enemy territory during the Korean War, his personal nightmare was just beginning.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - David Kwiatkowski's six-month stint at the Baltimore Veterans Affairs medical center was about to end in 2008 when a doctor proposed extending the traveling technician's contract. Don't do it, one nurse warned.
WASHINGTON - The dramatic ouster of the uncle of North Korea's young ruler has sidelined the man reputed to be the second most powerful official in the secretive hierarchy. But Washington is not banking on a radical shift in Pyongyang's nuclear policy.
ORMOND BEACH, Florida - Ten veterans from Florida who fought alongside France during World War II are being honored with France's highest distinction.
WACO, Texas - Officials say water sources at more than three buildings at a Central Texas veterans hospital have tested positive for legionella, a bacteria that can cause Legionnaires' disease.
LAS VEGAS - A 29-year-old military veteran was received the maximum six to 15 years in Nevada state prison for leaving the scene of a car-motorcycle crash that killed a teenage Las Vegas police volunteer.
OXFORD, Mississippi - The Lafayette County Board of Supervisors will allow students seeking tuition assistance to go to other junior colleges instead of just Northwest Mississippi Community College.
DILLON, Montana - Officials in Beaverhead County say a man helping with a Montana Wounded Warriors program duck hunt over the weekend was injured when he was hit below the eye with bird shot.
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - An effort to clear a national backlog of veterans benefits claims is making things worse in Minnesota.
MANDAN, North Dakota - Two motorcycle clubs hope to begin construction next summer on a memorial at the North Dakota Veterans Cemetery to prisoners of war and soldiers missing in action.
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - The unclaimed remains of 10 military veterans will be interred this week during a ceremony at the Beaufort National Cemetery.
SAN FRANCISCO - A day after arriving home to California, the 85-year-old U.S. veteran detained for weeks by North Korea said Sunday that he was well-fed and kept comfortable in a hotel room, not a jail cell.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers would step into an ongoing dispute over the new Central Nebraska Veterans Home, if one state senator has his way.
SEATTLE - The Seattle-area family of an American citizen detained in North Korea for more than a year is cheering Pyongyang's decision to release 85-year-old tourist Merrill Newman and wondering when their loved one will come home.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The operating rooms at the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital in Columbia have closed again after dust was found in the operating room.
PHOENIX - Two decades ago, Dana Oviatt started her career in the Army as a combat photographer.
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Saturday deported an elderly U.S. tourist, apparently ending the saga of Merrill Newman's return to the North six decades after he advised South Korean guerrillas still loathed by Pyongyang.
SALT LAKE CITY - A former staffer for U.S. Rep. Jason Chaffetz of Utah was charged with lying about being injured in the Iraq war to collect disability benefits.
SALT LAKE CITY - A former staffer for Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz has been charged with lying about being injured in the Iraq war to collect disability benefits.
KANKAKEE, Illinois - The long days and nights that Edwin Williams used to spend in his 2002 Ford sedan are over.
WOONSOCKET, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island man who participated in the invasions of Sicily and Italy during World War II is finally getting the medals he earned more than 65 years ago.