- Even No. 2 Halep rooting for Serena to win US Open Updated: Aug-29-15 4:18 pm
NEW YORK - The No. 2 women's tennis player in the world hopes Serena Williams wins the U.S. Open.
- After restful summer, Federer in the swing heading into Open Updated: Aug-28-15 8:51 pm
CINCINNATI - Roger Federer isn't in such a rush anymore. He's doing things his way and taking time to savor each moment.
- Herbert advances to Winston-Salem final Updated: Aug-28-15 5:29 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - French qualifier Pierre-Hughes Herbert advanced to the Winston-Salem Open final, beating 13th-seeded Steve Johnson of the U.S. 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2 on Friday.
- US Open fans get break from sun, but not yet rain, in Ashe Updated: Aug-28-15 2:45 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. Open spectators must wait out rain delays at Arthur Ashe Stadium for one more year. In the meantime, they're getting a break from Mother Nature in a very different way: shade from the blazing sun.
- US Open women's final sells out before men's final Updated: Aug-28-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - With Serena Williams on the verge of making history, the U.S. Open women's final has sold out before the men's title match.
- Struggling Bouchard gets help from Connors ahead of US Open Updated: Aug-27-15 8:41 pm
NEW YORK - Eugenie Bouchard is getting a little help from Jimmy Connors ahead of the U.S. Open.
- Serena Williams could face Sharapova in US Open semifinal Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams could play an All-American U.S. Open.
- Robby Ginepri, '05 US Open semifinalist, retires from tennis Updated: Aug-27-15 2:27 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - Robby Ginepri, a semifinalist at the 2005 U.S. Open, has retired after 14 years on the ATP World Tour.
- Tennis' Djokovic has new title - UNICEF goodwill ambassador Updated: Aug-27-15 12:52 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Top-ranked tennis star Novak Djokovic has a new title - goodwill ambassador for the U.N. children's agency, UNICEF.
- US OPEN 2015: 3 years after withdrawal, Mardy Fish returns Updated: Aug-26-15 12:03 pm
For Mardy Fish, it was supposed to mark a high point in his tennis career. Instead, Sept. 3, 2012, stands out as one of the most difficult days of his life.
- US OPEN 2015: Nadal says his struggles are on him, not team Updated: Aug-25-15 8:57 pm
NEW YORK - Rafael Nadal has won 14 Grand Slam titles while coached by his uncle.
- Serena Williams, Novak Djokovic are US Open top seeds Updated: Aug-25-15 6:02 pm
NEW YORK - Top-ranked Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic are seeded No. 1 for the U.S. Open.
- Nick Kyrgios fined, suspended for comments to Wawrinka Updated: Aug-24-15 1:48 pm
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida - Nick Kyrgios was suspended for 28 days from any ATP-sanctioned event and fined an additional $25,000 on Monday for his comments to Stan Wawrinka at the Rogers Cup in Montreal.
- US OPEN 2015: Cilic, Nishikori return to breakthrough site Updated: Aug-24-15 10:39 am
A year ago, Marin Cilic and Kei Nishikori arrived at the U.S. Open to little fanfare and without much in the way of expectations.
- Sharapova brings 'serious' tennis event to LA in December Updated: Aug-24-15 3:23 am
Maria Sharapova is bringing top-level tennis back to the Los Angeles area.
- Federer wins 7th Cincy title, Serena Williams gets her 2nd Updated: Aug-23-15 5:45 pm
CINCINNATI - Roger Federer jutted his right index finger toward the summer-blue sky to celebrate his latest Cincinnati title. He would have needed both hands to count all of them.
- After cancer, Vicky Duval gets US Open qualifying wild card Updated: Aug-18-15 3:05 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Vicky Duval received a wild-card entry for U.S. Open qualifying, a week after she returned to competition following a yearlong recovery from Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Rafael Nadal hopes to finish tough season on a high note Updated: Aug-17-15 3:12 pm
MASON, Ohio - Rafael Nadal hopes his hard work will pay off in a rewarding end of the season, starting this week in Cincinnati and extending into the U.S. Open.
- Andy Murray beats Novak Djokovic in Montreal final Updated: Aug-16-15 6:42 pm
MONTREAL - Andy Murray beat top-ranked Novak Djokovic 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 on Sunday in the Rogers Cup for his fourth tournament victory of the year and third title in the Canadian event.
- Top-ranked Djokovic beats Chardy to reach Montreal final Updated: Aug-15-15 10:03 pm
MONTREAL - Top-ranked Novak Djokovic advanced to the Rogers Cup final, beating France's Jeremy Chardy 6-4, 6-4 on Saturday.
- ATP fines Kyrgios for 'insulting remark' toward Wawrinka Updated: Aug-13-15 10:38 pm
MONTREAL - The ATP fined Nick Kyrgios $10,000 on Thursday for his "insulting comment" toward French Open champion Stan Wawrinka during a match at the Rogers Cup.
- NCAA Division I tennis championships to use no-ad scoring Updated: Aug-13-15 8:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA Division I men's and women's tennis championships will use the no-ad scoring format, starting next spring.
- Kyrgios, Australian tennis back in the unsavory spotlight Updated: Aug-13-15 1:47 pm
BRISBANE, Australia - With tournament titles drying up, it's the tantrums now that are drawing attention to Australian men's tennis.
- Tennis Hall of Fame's CEO hopes to reach global audience Updated: Aug-13-15 1:04 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Former tennis player Todd Martin has taken on a new challenge: Transforming the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum into a global mecca for all things tennis.
- Glasgow arena to host Britain-Australia Davis Cup semifinal Updated: Aug-12-15 6:48 am
GLASGOW, Scotland - The Emirates Arena in Glasgow will host next month's Davis Cup semifinal between Britain and Australia.