- Federer loses opening match at Shanghai Masters Updated: Oct-13-15 10:31 am
SHANGHAI - For the second straight year, Roger Federer found himself in trouble in his opening match at the Shanghai Masters.
- Lleyton Hewitt to be honored at 2016 Australian Open Updated: Oct-13-15 3:37 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Former world No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt has a wild card into January's Australian Open to mark a record 20th-straight appearance in his national tennis Grand Slam, which is also likely to be his last.
- Djokovic beats Nadal for 6th China Open title Updated: Oct-11-15 9:31 am
BEIJING - Novak Djokovic defeated Rafael Nadal 6-2, 6-2 Sunday to win his sixth China Open title and improve his record at the tournament to a sterling 29-0.
- Top-seeded Wawrinka wins Japan Open for 4th title of year Updated: Oct-11-15 4:17 am
TOKYO - French Open champion Stan Wawrinka defeated Benoit Paire 6-2, 6-4 on Sunday to win the Japan Open for his career-best fourth title of the season.
- Italian tennis players have life bans lifted in fixing case Updated: Oct-10-15 12:26 pm
ROME - Daniele Bracciali and Potito Starace have had their life bans for match-fixing lifted by the Italian tennis federation.
- James Blake: Police watchdog substantiates force complaint Updated: Oct-07-15 10:56 pm
NEW YORK - Two police officers involved in the mistaken arrest of former tennis pro James Blake, including one who tackled him to the ground, will face an administrative trial after the city's police watchdog substantiated Blake's excessive-force complaint.
- Nishikori rallies to foil Coric in Japan Open Updated: Oct-05-15 10:54 am
TOKYO - Defending champion Kei Nishikori, of Japan, was given a real scare by teen ace Borna Coric, of Croatia, on Monday, before sealing a 2-6, 6-1, 6-2 comeback win in the first round of the Rakuten Japan Open.
- Rain washes out Shenzhen Open semifinals Updated: Oct-03-15 9:02 am
SHENZHEN, China - Persistent rain has washed out the semifinals of the Shenzhen Open on Saturday.
- Kyrgios beats Karlovic in Malaysian Open quarterfinals Updated: Oct-02-15 11:05 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Nick Kyrgios won the key points in both tiebreakers to beat third-seeded Ivo Karlovic 7-6 (4), 7-6 (2) Friday in the quarterfinals of the Malaysian Open.
- Djokovic and Nadal mix tennis with politics on Thailand trip Updated: Oct-02-15 8:17 am
BANGKOK - Two of the world's top tennis players, Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal, came to Bangkok to earn a few million dollars for an exhibition match. But there were a few strings attached.
- NY Police Department announces reforms amid critical report Updated: Oct-01-15 12:48 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Police Department is launching a new program to document and review every physical encounter police officers have with the public.
- Nadal praises Djokovic for his 'amazing season' Updated: Oct-01-15 7:41 am
BANGKOK - The text message wasn't enough, so Rafael Nadal praised rival Novak Djokovic in person Thursday for the top-ranked Serb's "amazing season" after winning his third major of 2015 at the U.S. Open.
- Tsonga beats Simon for record 3rd Open de Moselle title Updated: Sep-27-15 2:10 pm
METZ, France - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beat fellow Frenchman Gilles Simon 7-6 (5), 1-6, 6-2 to win the Open de Moselle tournament for a record third time on Sunday.
- Raonic to play Sousa in St. Petersburg Open final Updated: Sep-26-15 10:52 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Milos Raonic of Canada beat Roberto Bautista Agut 6-2, 7-6 (2) Saturday to set up a final against Joao Sousa of Portugal at the St. Petersburg Open.
- No more marathons: Davis Cup votes for 5th-set tiebreaker Updated: Sep-25-15 12:43 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The Davis Cup will use fifth-set tiebreakers beginning next year.
- Davis Cup: 2015 finalists get home draws in 2016 Updated: Sep-24-15 3:04 am
SANTIAGO, Chile - This year's Davis Cup finalists Britain and Belgium have been handed home draws in the first round of the 2016 competition.
- Davis Cup final to be played in Ghent on clay Updated: Sep-23-15 7:34 am
LONDON - The Davis Cup final between Belgium and Britain will be played in Ghent on clay, Andy Murray's least favorite surface.
- James Blake to join Billie Jean King, Elton John in Vegas Updated: Sep-22-15 7:56 pm
NEW YORK - James Blake has been added to the Mylan World Team Tennis lineup for its Smash Hits event with Billie Jean King and Elton John.
- Noah puts discipline at the heart of Davis Cup project Updated: Sep-22-15 10:38 am
PARIS - Usually an image of coolness, Yannick Noah wants to use authority in order to bring back a winning culture within the French Davis Cup team.
- ATP expects Murray at World Tour Finals before Davis Cup Updated: Sep-22-15 8:43 am
LONDON - Andy Murray will be expected to play in the World Tour Finals in London in November, despite suggesting he may miss the event to prepare for Britain's Davis Cup final against Belgium.
- James Blake meets with New York's mayor, police commissioner Updated: Sep-22-15 1:33 am
NEW YORK - Former tennis pro James Blake, who was thrown to the ground by a plainclothes policeman outside a hotel and mistakenly arrested, emerged from a meeting with the mayor and police commissioner on Monday saying they were on the same page about the need for lasting change.
- Rep says Blake to meet with NYC mayor, police commissioner Updated: Sep-20-15 9:13 pm
NEW YORK - James Blake, the former tennis star who was tackled during a mistaken arrest by a New York City police officer plans to meet with the mayor and police commissioner, according to his spokeswoman.
- 1904 rematch: Britain sets up Davis Cup final vs Belgium Updated: Sep-20-15 8:28 pm
It's like 1904 all over again in the Davis Cup.
- Spain beats Lithuania 80-63 to take Eurobasket title Updated: Sep-20-15 4:35 pm
LILLE, France - Tournament MVP Pau Gasol had a double-double as Spain cruised past Lithuania 80-63 Sunday to regain the European basketball championship title.
- Murray sends Britain into 1st Davis Cup final in 37 years Updated: Sep-20-15 2:08 pm
GLASGOW, Scotland - Andy Murray sent Britain into its first Davis Cup final in 37 years on Sunday, securing victory over Australia with a straight-set win over Bernard Tomic.