- Winthrop tennis coach resigns due to immigration issues Updated: Jul-31-15 1:26 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - Winthrop men's tennis coach Sergey Belov has resigned because of what the school said were issues with his immigration status.
- Nadal beats Cuevas, reaches semifinals of Hamburg Open Updated: Jul-31-15 11:23 am
HAMBURG, Germany - Top-seeded Rafael Nadal advanced to the semifinals of the Hamburg Open by beating fifth-seeded Pablo Cuevas 6-3, 6-2 Friday.
- 2-time defending champ John Isner advances in Atlanta Open Updated: Jul-30-15 10:18 pm
ATLANTA - Two-time defending champion John Isner beat Radek Stepanek 7-6 (3), 7-6 (7) on Thursday night in his opening match in the Atlanta Open.
- All 8 seeds advance to Swiss Open quarterfinals Updated: Jul-30-15 4:11 pm
GSTAAD, Switzerland - All eight seeds have reached the Swiss Open quarterfinals, making the clay-court tournament the first on the ATP circuit to achieve that feat in six years.
- Roger Federer pulls out of Montreal tournament Updated: Jul-29-15 6:27 pm
MONTREAL - Roger Federer pulled out of next month's Rogers Cup hard-court tournament on Wednesday.
- Tomic tops Mannarino to win Claro Open for 2nd straight year Updated: Jul-26-15 6:41 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Bernard Tomic of Australia defeated Frenchman Adrian Mannarino 6-1, 3-6, 6-2 to win the Claro Open for the second consecutive year on Sunday.
- Paire takes first ATP title with win over Robredo at Bastad Updated: Jul-26-15 4:03 pm
BASTAD, Sweden - Benoit Paire of France won his first ATP title on Sunday after beating Spain's Tommy Robredo 7-6 (9-7), 6-3, in the men's final at the Swedish Open.
- Federer, Wawrinka return for Switzerland in Davis Cup Updated: Jul-24-15 8:32 am
BERN, Switzerland - Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka will play for Switzerland in the Davis Cup playoffs against the Netherlands.
- Mardy Fish says US Open to be last tournament of career Updated: Jul-22-15 7:37 pm
NEW YORK - Former top-10 player Mardy Fish says the U.S. Open will be the last tennis tournament of his career.
- John McEnroe says end of competitive tennis near for him Updated: Jul-21-15 3:30 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - John McEnroe says he's almost done playing competitive tennis.
- US going to Uzbekistan in Davis Cup playoffs, Swiss vs Dutch Updated: Jul-21-15 7:05 am
LONDON - The United States will travel to Uzbekistan for the first time among some tough away trips in the Davis Cup World Group playoffs in September.
- Roger Federer visits Malawi for charity work Updated: Jul-20-15 2:13 pm
JOHANNESBURG - It's a long way from Centre Court at Wimbledon for Roger Federer, who has opened a preschool in impoverished Malawi as part of his charity work.
- Davis Cup: Argentina finishes with 4-1 win over Serbia Updated: Jul-19-15 7:45 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Dusan Lajovic beat Diego Schwartzman 6-1, 6-4 to help Serbia avoid a clean sweep to Argentina in the Davis Cup quarterfinals on Sunday.
- Britain faces Australia, Argentina gets Belgium in Davis Cup Updated: Jul-19-15 6:47 pm
LONDON - A tearful Andy Murray celebrated taking Britain to its first Davis Cup semifinal for more than three decades on Sunday, sealing an emotional 3-1 victory over France to line up a home series against Australia.
- Rajeev Ram wins grass-count event at Newport - again Updated: Jul-19-15 6:02 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Rajeev Ram knew it was the shot of the match.
- Murray beats Simon to put Britain in Davis Cup semifinals Updated: Jul-19-15 1:45 pm
LONDON - Andy Murray came from a set down to beat France's Gilles Simon 4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-3, 6-0 on Sunday and put Britain into the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time in 34 years.
- Davis Cup: Hewitt, Groth lead Australia to quarterfinal win Updated: Jul-19-15 11:42 am
It took two replacement players, including Davis Cup stalwart Lleyton Hewitt, to help restore some pride to Australian tennis.
- Davis Cup: Belgium reaches semis for first time since 1999 Updated: Jul-18-15 1:47 pm
OSTEND, Belgium - Belgium reached the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time since 1999 when Ruben Bemelmans and debutant Kimmer Coppejans won the doubles for an unbeatable 3-0 lead over Canada on Saturday.
- Tomic in trouble on day he was supposed to be playing tennis Updated: Jul-17-15 12:08 am
SYDNEY - Bernard Tomic was supposed to be playing Davis Cup tennis for Australia on Friday.
- American Authors, Natalie La Rose headline US Open Kids Day Updated: Jul-15-15 10:03 am
NEW YORK - Arthur Ashe Kids Day will celebrate its 20th year at the U.S. Open next month, and organizers are promising a special celebration that includes new Wimbledon champ Novak Djokovic (NOH'-vak JOH'-kuh-vich), reigning U.S. Open champ Marin Cilic, the group American Authors and singer Natalie La Rose.
- US Open singles champs to earn record $3.3 million Updated: Jul-14-15 11:35 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - This year's U.S. Open men's and women's singles champions will each earn a record $3.3 million, up 10 percent from 2014.
- Controversy and criticism hits once-proud tennis Down Under Updated: Jul-13-15 11:32 pm
Australian tennis once was full of good news stories, and personalities to match.
- Camilla donates Murray wristband to raise fund for charity Updated: Jul-13-15 12:51 pm
LONDON - Buckingham Palace says a wristband worn by tennis star Andy Murray during his Wimbledon tournament and later given to the Duchess of Cornwall has fetched more than 2,000 pounds ($3,100) for an animal charity.
- Fendrich on Tennis: Djokovic closing in on Federer, Nadal Updated: Jul-13-15 10:42 am
LONDON - A day after winning Wimbledon for a ninth Grand Slam title, moving within five of Rafael Nadal's total and putting him more than halfway to Roger Federer's record of 17, Novak Djokovic was asked about the possibility of catching his two rivals.
- Djokovic, Williams bust a move at Wimbledon champions dinner Updated: Jul-13-15 10:33 am
LONDON - After winning titles again on Wimbledon's grass, Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams showed they can cut a rug, too.