- The Latest: Kvitova wins tough opener at French Open Updated: May-26-15 7:50 am
PARIS - The Latest from the French Open:
- Virginia's Ryan Shane wins NCAA tennis title Updated: May-25-15 7:30 pm
WACO, Texas - Ryan Shane already shared one NCAA championship as part of Virginia's team title. The hard-hitting junior then rallied for an individual trophy as well.
- Venus Williams ousted from French Open by Sloane Stephens Updated: May-25-15 4:44 pm
PARIS - A loss by Venus Williams in the first round at a Grand Slam is no longer the rarity it once was.
- Thiem wins 1st career title by beating Mayer in Nice final Updated: May-23-15 3:02 pm
NICE, France - Dominic Thiem held his nerves to win his first ATP tour title on Saturday as he completed a tight 6-7 (8), 7-5, 7-6 (2) victory over fourth-seeded Leonardo Mayer in the final of the Open de Nice.
- Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil wins Geneva Open title Updated: May-23-15 12:24 pm
- Djokovic looms in Nadal's toughest-ever draw at French Open Updated: May-22-15 12:32 pm
PARIS - The tennis equivalent of climbing three mountains, just to reach the Roland Garros final. Never have the obstacles loomed so large between Rafael Nadal and another trophy on the red clay of Paris.
- Arnaboldi wins epic qualifying match at French Open Updated: May-21-15 4:06 pm
PARIS - Andrea Arnaboldi needed two days and spent four hours and 26 minutes on court to win the qualifying match featuring the most number of games in the history of the French Open on Thursday.
- 2014 French Open doubles champ Julien Benneteau withdraws Updated: May-21-15 2:00 pm
PARIS - Reigning French Open men's doubles champion Julien Benneteau is pulling out of this year's tournament because he has not fully recovered from a sports hernia.
- It's a winner: When tennis and fashion collide in Paris Updated: May-18-15 10:19 am
PARIS - Well before Andre Agassi caused a stir with his stone-washed denim shorts at the French Open, the clay courts at Roland Garros were a sporting catwalk for fashion experimentation.
- Djokovic beats Federer for Rome title; Sharapova also wins Updated: May-17-15 2:20 pm
ROME - Top-ranked Novak Djokovic bolstered his clay-court credentials a week ahead of Roland Garros with a convincing 6-4, 6-3 win over Roger Federer on Sunday to capture his fourth Italian Open title.
- Organizers want to move Italian Open to new location in Rome Updated: May-17-15 2:18 pm
ROME - Running out of room and with ticket demand soaring, local organizers want to move the Italian Open from its historic Foro Italico venue to a new location near Rome's main airport.
- Tennis hall uses $3M museum makeover to detail game's impact Updated: May-17-15 11:17 am
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The museum at the International Tennis Hall of Fame is using a $3 million makeover to highlight the game's influence on pop culture and social issues, with snazzy new displays and iconic memorabilia highlighting moments that transcended the sport.
- Citing fatigue, Andy Murray withdraws from Italian Open Updated: May-14-15 9:44 am
ROME - Fatigue from consecutive clay-court titles prompted Andy Murray to withdraw from the Italian Open on Thursday before his third-round match against Belgian opponent David Goffin.
- John McEnroe signs on for Connecticut Open legends event Updated: May-13-15 11:30 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The Connecticut Open women's tennis tournament is bringing back men's exhibition matches for the second consecutive year as a way to increase attendance.
- Despite fatigue, Murray decides to play Italian Open Updated: May-12-15 12:38 pm
ROME - Andy Murray has decided to play the Italian Open, fighting off fatigue after winning consecutive clay-court titles.
- Nadal: 'Obviously today I'm not as good as I (was)' Updated: May-12-15 11:33 am
ROME - After a decade at or near the top of tennis, Rafael Nadal can accept that he's no longer dominating.
- Roger Federer hologram to debut at tennis museum re-opening Updated: May-11-15 2:47 pm
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The International Tennis Hall of Fame museum has announced it will re-open next week with new technology, including a hologram of 17-time champion Roger Federer.
- Nadal drops out top 5 for first time in 10 years Updated: May-11-15 8:21 am
PARIS - Rafael Nadal dropped out of the top five in the ATP rankings for the first time in 10 years on Monday after failing to defend his title at the Madrid Masters.
- New York teen Chirico earns USTA's French Open wild card Updated: May-10-15 4:53 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Louisa Chirico, an 18-year-old from Harrison, New York, earned a chance to make her Grand Slam main-draw debut at the French Open by claiming a wild-card berth via the U.S. Tennis Association.
- Murray beats Nadal 6-3, 6-2 to win the Madrid Open final Updated: May-10-15 4:32 pm
MADRID - Andy Murray beat Rafael Nadal on clay for the first time Sunday, dominating the Madrid Open final to win 6-3, 6-2 against the four-time champion.
- LSU men's tennis team in first round of NCAA tourney Updated: May-08-15 6:38 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The No. 27-ranked LSU men's tennis team travels Friday to Waco, Texas, to face No. 58 UTSA in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
- Hewitt to skip French Open to focus on Wimbledon, Davis Cup Updated: May-04-15 10:47 pm
SYDNEY - Two-time Grand Slam champion and former No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt will not play this month's French Open in what is likely to be his last year on tour.
- Murray wins BMW Open for 1st clay-court title Updated: May-04-15 9:11 am
MUNICH - Andy Murray won his first clay-court title on Monday when he overcame Philipp Kohlschreiber 7-6 (4), 5-7, 7-6 (4) in the rain-delayed final of the BMW Open.
- Federer wins Istanbul Open in straight sets Updated: May-03-15 1:59 pm
ISTANBUL - Top-seeded Roger Federer claimed his 85th title Sunday with a 6-3, 7-6 (11) win over Pablo Cuevas in the final of the Istanbul Open.
- Teen with one arm has become award-winning tennis player Updated: May-02-15 1:29 am
BRADENTON, Florida - At the IMG Academy, the most famous tennis program in the world, teaching pros have never seen a player quite like Nisha Rajamohan.