- Hewitt to skip French Open to focus on Wimbledon, Davis Cup Updated: May-04-15 10:47 pm
SYDNEY - Two-time Grand Slam champion and former No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt will not play this month's French Open in what is likely to be his last year on tour.
- Williams beats Stephens, advances to Madrid Open 3rd round Updated: May-04-15 4:08 pm
- Murray wins BMW Open for 1st clay-court title Updated: May-04-15 9:11 am
MUNICH - Andy Murray won his first clay-court title on Monday when he overcame Philipp Kohlschreiber 7-6 (4), 5-7, 7-6 (4) in the rain-delayed final of the BMW Open.
- Federer wins Istanbul Open in straight sets Updated: May-03-15 1:59 pm
ISTANBUL - Top-seeded Roger Federer claimed his 85th title Sunday with a 6-3, 7-6 (11) win over Pablo Cuevas in the final of the Istanbul Open.
- Teen with one arm has become award-winning tennis player Updated: May-02-15 1:29 am
BRADENTON, Florida - At the IMG Academy, the most famous tennis program in the world, teaching pros have never seen a player quite like Nisha Rajamohan.
- 17-year-old Frances Tiafoe earns French Open wild-card berth Updated: May-02-15 12:24 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Frances Tiafoe, a 17-year-old from Maryland, has earned his first main-draw Grand Slam tournament berth by clinching a French Open wild-card entry through the U.S. Tennis Association.
- Gasquet beats Almagro to reach Estoril Open semifinals Updated: May-01-15 4:24 pm
- World No 1 Novak Djokovic withdraws from Madrid Open Updated: Apr-30-15 6:54 pm
MADRID - The ATP says world No. 1 and former champion Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from next week's Madrid Open without elaborating, and will return to competition the following week in Rome, where he is the defending champion.
- 2015 Wimbledon singles champions to receive nearly $3M Updated: Apr-28-15 12:09 pm
LONDON - Prize money keeps going up at Wimbledon, with first-round losers as well as champions cashing in on record rewards.
- Garcia-Lopez wins Nastase Tiriac Trophy Updated: Apr-26-15 11:12 am
- Nishikori beats Klizan to return to Barcelona Open final Updated: Apr-25-15 9:09 am
- Queen's to host Britain-France Davis Cup quarterfinal Updated: Apr-21-15 6:57 am
LONDON - Britain has chosen to play its Davis Cup quarterfinal series against France on grass at the Queen's Club.
- Nadal aims to progress as far as possible in Barcelona Open Updated: Apr-20-15 11:29 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafael Nadal is fully focused on progressing as far as possible in this week's Barcelona Open, which he refers to as his home tournament.
- AP's European week in photos Updated: Apr-20-15 9:42 am
The image of Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez celebrating a goal at Wembley is perfectly juxtaposed against the background of horrified Reading supporters at the FA Cup semifinal. In a gentler image, cyclists in the Amstel Gold race in The Netherlands rush past a tree in spring bloom.
- Serena Williams has a solution to liven up Fed Cup Updated: Apr-20-15 6:50 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Seeing Serena Williams play three matches over two days in Fed Cup was a rare treat over the weekend.
- Davis Cup final may be played at neutral venue Updated: Apr-19-15 6:44 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The International Tennis Federation is considering playing future Davis Cup finals at a neutral venue.
- Djokovic beats Nadal to reach Monte Carlo Masters final Updated: Apr-18-15 2:09 pm
MONACO - Monte Carlo is not Rafael Nadal's playground anymore, and Novak Djokovic is claiming the throne left vacant by the King of Clay.
- Nadal to begin Wimbledon preparations at Stuttgart Updated: Apr-16-15 1:56 pm
STUTTGART, Germany - Rafael Nadal will begin his Wimbledon preparations at the Mercedes Cup in June as the Stuttgart tournament makes the switch from clay to grass courts.
- Djokovic, Germany's World Cup team win Laureus awards Updated: Apr-15-15 12:00 pm
SHANGHAI - Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic won the sportsman of the year prize at the Laureus Sports Awards on Wednesday, while Germany's World Cup-winning squad received the best team award.
- Laureus Awards List Updated: Apr-15-15 11:42 am
SHANGHAI - List of 2015 Laureus Sports Awards announced Wednesday:
- French Open prize money goes up to 28 million euros Updated: Apr-14-15 4:32 am
PARIS - Prize money at the French Open will rise to 28 million euros ($29.5 million) this year, an increase of 3 million euros from last year.
- Jack Sock wins US Men's Clay Court for first title Updated: Apr-12-15 10:41 pm
HOUSTON - Jack Sock won the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships on Sunday for his first ATP World Tour title, beating eighth-seeded Sam Querrey 7-6 (9), 7-6 (2) in an all-American final.
- King of Clay: Nadal back to favorite surface in Monte Carlo Updated: Apr-12-15 1:32 pm
MONACO - Does Rafael Nadal remain the King of Clay?
- Kilt-wearing Andy Murray weds Kim Sears in Scottish hometown Updated: Apr-11-15 3:23 pm
DUNBLANE, Scotland - Andy Murray has married long-term girlfriend Kim Sears in the tennis star's home town.
- Mauresmo expecting first child Updated: Apr-09-15 5:30 pm
PARIS - Two-time major champion Amelie Mauresmo has announced that she is expecting her first child this summer.