- Endangered white rhino dies at San Diego-area zoo Updated: Nov-22-15 7:32 pm
SAN DIEGO - One of only four northern white rhinos believed left in the world died Sunday at San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
- 6 white rhinos arrive in San Diego to be surrogate mothers Updated: Nov-06-15 8:02 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Zoo has welcomed six southern white rhinos from South Africa in hopes they'll become surrogate mothers for the critically endangered northern white rhino.
- US-born Sumatran rhino formally handed over to Indonesia Updated: Nov-05-15 9:29 am
WAY KAMBAS, Indonesia - A U.S.-born Sumatran rhino ate leaves and wallowed in mud at an Indonesian sanctuary Thursday as the U.S. formally handed over the animal in hopes he will have offspring and help save his critically endangered species from extinction.
- South Africa's main wildlife park gets new chief ranger Updated: Nov-04-15 5:53 am
JOHANNESBURG - A new chief ranger has been appointed at South Africa's biggest national park, a major tourist attraction whose managers are struggling to stem record levels of rhino poaching.
- Washington voters pass wildlife trafficking initiative Updated: Nov-04-15 12:28 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - A measure that would outlaw sales related to wildlife trafficking of items from animals like lions and tigers in Washington state was overwhelmingly passed by voters Tuesday.
- South African leader says nation must unite to save rhinos Updated: Nov-01-15 8:13 am
JOHANNESBURG - South Africans don't want a future where rhinos become extinct and the only rhinoceros they see is on the back of a banknote or postage stamp, South Africa's president said Sunday.
- Bill would outlaw sale of ivory, rhino horn in Bay State Updated: Oct-31-15 10:47 am
BOSTON - Animal protection groups are joining Massachusetts lawmakers to urge the state to ban the sale of ivory and rhinoceros horn.
- Sumatran Rhino begins US-Asia trip to ancestral home Updated: Oct-30-15 7:48 pm
CINCINNATI - The last Sumatran rhino in the Western Hemisphere began a journey Friday from Ohio to its ancestral southeast Asian homeland on a mission to help preserve the critically endangered species.