- Ohio zoo sending endangered rhino to Indonesia to mate Updated: Aug-25-15 2:43 pm
CINCINNATI - An Ohio zoo that has the last Sumatran rhino in the United States announced plans Tuesday to send him to Southeast Asia on a mission to mate and help preserve his critically endangered species.
- San Francisco man admits trying to sell black rhino horns Updated: Aug-21-15 9:53 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco man has pleaded guilty to attempting to sell two endangered black rhinoceros horns to an undercover agent he thought was a Colorado collector.
- South African vet tries novel treatment for injured rhino Updated: Aug-14-15 4:02 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Veterinarians in South Africa have treated an injured rhino whose face was mutilated by poachers last week by fitting it with a bandage made of elephant leather.
- Prince Harry visits South Africa's flagship wildlife park Updated: Aug-13-15 8:26 am
JOHANNESBURG - Britain's Prince Harry has been on a private visit to South Africa's flagship wildlife park, where poachers have killed rhinos in record numbers and clashed with rangers.
- South Africa counts carcasses as rhino poaching surges Updated: Aug-12-15 10:38 am
JOHANNESBURG - Poachers have killed record numbers of rhinos in South Africa in recent years, but some conservationists believe the toll could be higher than the official figures.
- Correction: Africa-The Hunters story Updated: Aug-09-15 9:47 am
JOHANNESBURG - In a story Aug. 3 about big game hunting in Africa, The Associated Press reported erroneously that water buffalo is one of the Big Five of African wildlife. In fact it is simply buffalo.