- Conn. poll shows support for assisted suicide Updated: Mar-06-14 12:45 pm
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:47 am
- House approves bill targeting assisted suicide Updated: Feb-25-14 6:17 pm
- Pa. AG will drop daughter's assisted-suicide case Updated: Feb-24-14 7:52 pm
- Daughter recounts ordeal of aided-suicide case Updated: Feb-16-14 1:29 pm
- Belgian lawmakers extend euthanasia to children Updated: Feb-13-14 3:57 pm
- Belgian lawmakers clash over child euthanasia bill Updated: Feb-12-14 3:10 pm
- Assisted suicide charge dropped against Pa. woman Updated: Feb-11-14 7:40 pm
- Former Dutch health minister Els Borst found dead Updated: Feb-11-14 9:08 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A poll indicates there's strong support in Connecticut for legislation that would allow doctors to prescribe medication to help terminally ill patients end their lives.
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Dr. Sherwin Nuland, a medical ethicist who opposed assisted suicide and wrote an award-winning book about death called "How We Die," has died at age 83.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House has approved a bill that aims to make it easier to prosecute people who help someone commit suicide.
PHILADELPHIA - Pennsylvania's attorney general won't appeal a recent ruling that clears a nurse of assisted-suicide charges in her elderly father's death.
PHILADELPHIA - Barbara Mancini, speaking out for the first time, described the afternoon when she was arrested for assisted suicide, and when her father was revived against his wishes, as "a surreal nightmare."
BRUSSELS - Belgian lawmakers voted overwhelmingly on Thursday to extend the country's euthanasia law to children under 18.
BRUSSELS - Belgian lawmakers clashed sharply on Wednesday over whether to grant terminally ill children the right to ask to die, a legal option already possessed by the country's adults.
A Pennsylvania judge threw out an assisted suicide charge Tuesday against a nurse accused of handing her 93-year-old terminally ill father a bottle of morphine, a decision that brought elation and relief to the defendant and her family one year to the day after his death.
AMSTERDAM - Dutch police say the country's former health minister - a woman who drafted the nation's landmark 2002 law permitting euthanasia - has been found dead in her garage. They have ruled out natural causes.