- Right to die: Colombian man ends life with government backup Updated: Jul-04-15 8:14 am
BOGOTA, Colombia - Dr. Gustavo Quintana walks out of a modest, two-floor apartment building in southern Bogota. Inside his black doctor's bag are vials containing anesthesia and muscle relaxants, a syringe and a rubber tourniquet. The man known in Colombia as Dr. Death has just ended the life of his 234th patient: a middle-aged woman suffering from incurable stomach cancer.
- French senators reject a bill on sedating terminal patients Updated: Jun-23-15 10:43 am
PARIS - France's senate has voted against a bill allowing the sedation of terminally ill patients, fearing it would lead to allowing euthanasia, which is illegal in the country.
- 'Death-with-dignity' bill fails in the Maine Legislature Updated: Jun-17-15 1:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers have defeated a bill that would have allowed doctors to provide lethal doses of medication to terminally ill patients.
- John Jay Hooker pleads for physician-assisted suicide Updated: Jun-09-15 7:29 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Longtime civil rights activist John Jay Hooker pleaded before a state Senate committee on Tuesday for a bill to allow physician-assisted suicide.
- California lawmakers advance right-to-die legislation Updated: Jun-04-15 7:34 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers advanced a right-to-die bill Thursday, giving hope to those who want the nation's most populous state to allow terminally ill patients to end their lives under doctor's care.