- Pawn shop sells Jack Kevorkian's assisted suicide van Updated: Aug-29-15 9:25 pm
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - A pawn shop owner has sold an old Volkswagen van that was used by assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian.
- Man convicted of killing friend granted motion hearing Updated: Aug-28-15 6:01 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court on Friday ordered an evidentiary hearing be held for a Lincoln man convicted of murder who says his trial attorney failed him by not objecting to jurors being allowed to hear parts of recorded police interviews with him.
- Detroit pawn shop looking to sell Jack Kevorkian's van Updated: Aug-25-15 5:28 pm
DETROIT - A 1968 Volkswagen van once owned by assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian is up for sale at a Detroit pawn shop even though the late pathologist once dropped it off for scrap.
- Right-to-die group fined $30K in Minnesota woman's suicide Updated: Aug-24-15 9:32 pm
HASTINGS, Minnesota - A national right-to-die group convicted of assisting in the 2007 suicide of a Minnesota woman was ordered Monday to pay a $30,000 fine - the maximum sentence allowed under state law.
- Correction: Right to Die-California story Updated: Aug-19-15 3:52 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - In a story Aug. 18 about the reintroduction of right-to-die legislation in California, The Associated Press erroneously reported a comment by Debbie Ziegler, whose daughter moved from California to Oregon to legally take her own life. She said "What right does anyone of a specific religious faith have to demand I behave in concordance with their faith as I face my eminent death?"
- New Mexico Court of Appeals strikes down right-to-die ruling Updated: Aug-11-15 8:16 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The New Mexico Court of Appeals on Tuesday struck down a prior Bernalillo County District Court ruling that essentially allowed assisted suicide in the state.