- Terminally ill attorney files lawsuit over euthanasia Updated: May-20-15 11:43 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - John Jay Hooker has worked for Robert F. Kennedy, run for Tennessee governor and now, while facing terminal cancer, hopes to reverse Tennessee's approach to assisted suicides.
- Indian nurse dies after 42 years in coma after rape Updated: May-18-15 5:44 am
MUMBAI, India - A Mumbai nurse who was in a vegetative state for 42 years after being sexually assaulted while working in a hospital has died, authorities said Monday.
- Teen who died after failed euthanasia plea buried in Chile Updated: May-16-15 4:59 pm
MELIPILLA, Chile - Hundreds of people gathered in a Chilean town Saturday at the funeral for a teenager who got international attention by going on YouTube to make an unsuccessful plea for permission to end her life.
- Right-to-die group convicted of assisting Minnesota suicide Updated: May-14-15 6:13 pm
HASTINGS, Minnesota - The right-to-die group Final Exit Network Inc. was convicted Thursday of assisting in the suicide of a Minnesota woman who took her life in 2007 after years of suffering with chronic pain, marking the first time the group has been found guilty of such a charge.
- Dutch court clears man who helped his 99-year-old mother die Updated: May-13-15 11:35 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - A Dutch appeals court on Wednesday cleared a man of any criminal responsibility for helping his 99-year-old mother take her own life - a case that aimed to create precedents for assisting suicide in a country where euthanasia already is legal under certain circumstances.
- California condor that appeared on postage stamp euthanized Updated: May-04-15 1:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - A prolific California condor that represented endangered wildlife on a 1996 postage stamp has been euthanized after months of treatment for cancer.
- South African judge grants terminally ill man right to die Updated: Apr-30-15 3:14 pm
JOHANNESBURG - A terminally ill man died of natural causes shortly after he was granted the right to end his life in South Africa, where euthanasia is illegal, a lobbying group said Thursday.