- Willett leads in Dubai after third round Updated: Feb-06-16 9:05 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Danny Willett shot a second successive round of seven-under par 65 to enjoy a one-shot advantage on top of the Dubai Desert Classic leaderboard after the third round Saturday.
- James Hahn shoots bogey-free 65 to take Phoenix Open lead Updated: Feb-05-16 9:42 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - James Hahn has settled down a lot since his wild days - and nights - at the University of California led to the end of his college career. He still knows how to have a good time.
- Harold Varner III dons Panthers jersey, dabs way down 16th Updated: Feb-05-16 7:04 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Harold Varner III drew the ire of the rowdy fans on the 16th hole Friday in the Waste Management Phoenix Open when he put on a Carolina Panthers jersey and dabbed his way to the green.
- Pavin, Hamilton share 1st-round lead on PGA Tour Champions Updated: Feb-05-16 5:55 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - In conditions that more resembled a British Open than South Florida, former major champions Corey Pavin and Todd Hamilton shot 6-under 66s Friday to tie for the first-round lead in the Allianz Championship.
- Watson likes everything about Phoenix Open - except course Updated: Feb-05-16 4:47 pm
SCOTTSDALE, Arizona - Bubba Watson repeated that he doesn't like TPC Scottsdale's Stadium Course. He also said he loves everything else about the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- Dave Renwick, top Scottish caddie, dies of cancer at 62 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:33 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Dave Renwick, the Scottish caddie who worked for three major champions and was on the bag for Vijay Singh's greatest season, has died of stomach cancer. He was 62.
- Furyk opts for wrist surgery, will miss 3 months and Masters Updated: Feb-02-16 1:35 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jim Furyk was No. 7 in the world, No. 9 in the FedEx Cup standings and already assured a spot on the Presidents Cup team when he tied for fourth in the Deutsche Bank Championship for his seventh top 10 of the year.
- In hindsight, the perfect ending for Brandt Snedeker Updated: Feb-02-16 11:49 am
SAN DIEGO - Nothing brings out hindsight in golf like the weather.
- A perfect storm works out perfectly for Snedeker Updated: Feb-02-16 2:02 am
SAN DIEGO - Brandt Snedeker now has four PGA Tour victories in which he started at least five shots out of the lead in the final round. The Farmers Insurance Open followed the script of his previous comeback except for one big difference.
- Snedeker winds up a winner at Torrey Pines Updated: Feb-01-16 6:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - With his glove tucked in his back pocket and a putter in his hand, Brandt Snedeker walked off the green pumping his arms to celebrate a six-shot comeback to win the Farmers Insurance Open. That was the only part of his victory that looked normal.
- ON THE TEE: Woodland trying to overcome the perils of golf Updated: Jan-30-16 2:12 am
SAN DIEGO - Gary Woodland is among the most athletic players on the PGA Tour, with a history to back it up.
- Putting tip works for Lawrie at Qatar Masters Updated: Jan-28-16 10:40 am
DOHA, Qatar - Paul Lawrie benefited from a putting tip off a friend in shooting a 6-under 66 at the Qatar Masters, giving the former British Open champion a one-shot lead after the second round on Thursday.
- Spieth takes early share of lead at Singapore Open Updated: Jan-28-16 6:49 am
SINGAPORE - A good night's sleep and a helping hand from his manager was all Jordan Spieth needed to get back in the swing of things on the latest leg of his globe-trotting tour.
- Mickelson admonishes Aussie teen for embellishment Updated: Jan-27-16 8:21 pm
SAN DIEGO - Phil Mickelson admonished 17-year-old Ryan Ruffels for "high school stuff" on the eve of Australian's debut on the PGA Tour.
- Azinger replaces Norman as lead golf announcer for Fox Updated: Jan-27-16 5:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Paul Azinger has been selected as the lead golf analyst for Fox Sports as it enters the second year of televising the U.S. Open and other USGA championships.
- The next generational shift in golf might be on TV Updated: Jan-26-16 5:31 pm
SAN DIEGO - Peter Kostis went to the Ryder Cup as a swing coach and left with a broadcasting career.
- Jordan Spieth's international tour continues in Singapore Updated: Jan-26-16 12:05 am
SINGAPORE - Jordan Spieth's worldwide golf adventure continues this week at the Singapore Open, where he says the weather reminds him a bit of his home state of Texas.
- Fowler eyes major to merit inclusion in golf's elite Updated: Jan-25-16 4:59 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Golf's new "Big Three" has been around for only a few months, and already there's talk of the exclusive group being expanded.
- Jason Dufner wins playoff in CareerBuilder Challenge Updated: Jan-24-16 10:23 pm
LA QUINTA, California - Jason Dufner made two great escapes. The first, from Alcatraz, no less.
- Fowler wins in Abu Dhabi, another near miss for McIlroy Updated: Jan-24-16 10:32 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Rickie Fowler puffed his cheeks and shook his head. What looked like being a procession to the Abu Dhabi Championship title ended up being a squeeze for the American on Sunday.
- Globe-trotter Spieth 'beat up, mentally and physically' Updated: Jan-24-16 9:38 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Jordan Spieth's globe-trotting days are over, at least for the foreseeable future.
- Li hopeful accidental start in golf leads to Olympics Updated: Jan-23-16 12:39 pm
HONOLULU - Li Haotong is no stranger to the big stage, even as a 20-year-old from China who never had any intention of playing golf.
- British Open consider shorts in practice rounds after 2016 Updated: Jan-23-16 8:37 am
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland - Organizers of the British Open say they will consider allowing players to wear shorts in practice rounds after this year's tournament.
- Ryder Cup, not flight to space, appeals to Sullivan in 2016 Updated: Jan-22-16 9:40 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - A flight to space in 2016 doesn't appeal to Andy Sullivan. For the English golfer, this year is mostly about one lofty ambition - getting in Europe's Ryder Cup team.
- Sande's leadership helped Reno's PGA Tour event survive Updated: Jan-22-16 2:02 am
RENO, Nevada - There were times John Sande III thought the Reno-Tahoe Open, now known as the Barracuda Championship, might not make it.