- Francis Wick named CEO of family newspaper chain Updated: Feb-08-16 6:07 pm
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Wick Communications has named the grandson of the newspaper chain's co-founder as its new president and CEO.
- Construction execs to pay back feds in $19M fraud scheme Updated: Feb-08-16 6:47 am
PHILADELPHIA - Two Pennsylvania construction executives have been ordered to pay the government $1 million each after admitting they fraudulently funneled nearly $19 million in federally funded projects to a family firm.
- After big loss, Credit Suisse CEO asks board: Cut my bonus Updated: Feb-08-16 6:21 am
GENEVA - The new CEO of Credit Suisse has proposed that its board make a "significant" cut in his bonus after the Swiss bank posted disappointing earnings last week and announced 4,000 job cuts.
- Oregon-based SeaPort Airlines files for bankruptcy Updated: Feb-05-16 6:04 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon-based SeaPort Airlines has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection but the company says daily operations will not be interrupted.
- Big 12 leaders agree to single voice dealing with big issues Updated: Feb-05-16 5:59 pm
IRVING, Texas - Big 12 presidents and chancellors came to one agreement Friday: While working through the possibility of a football championship game, expansion and a league-wide television network, they are going to defer comments to Commissioner Bob Bowlsby.
- CEO Dauman takes over chair at Viacom, replacing Redstone Updated: Feb-04-16 3:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - Aging media mogul Sumner Redstone stepped down as executive chairman of Viacom on Thursday and was replaced by CEO Philippe Dauman, a move that immediately disappointed investors.
- Downtown Grand CEO stepping down after 8 months Updated: Feb-04-16 11:04 am
LAS VEGAS - The head of the Downtown Grand casino-hotel in Las Vegas is stepping down after only eight months on the job.
- Apple honored for helping preserve NYC historic structures Updated: Feb-04-16 8:17 am
NEW YORK - Apple is being recognized for its contribution to preserving historic structures in New York City.
- Ailing media mogul Sumner Redstone resigns as chair of CBS Updated: Feb-03-16 7:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Sumner Redstone, the ailing 92-year-old media mogul who controls TV and movie powerhouses CBS and Viacom, has stepped down as executive chairman of CBS amid a courtroom battle over his health and mental capacity. CBS Chief Executive Leslie Moonves will replace him as chairman.
- GoPro reports surprise 4Q loss, issues weak sales forecast Updated: Feb-03-16 6:26 pm
SAN MATEO, California - Slumping wearable camera maker GoPro Inc. on Wednesday reported a surprise fourth-quarter loss and forecast sales well below Wall Street expectations, sending its stock tumbling.
- MPI Research plans $5 million headquarters upgrade, new jobs Updated: Feb-03-16 6:35 am
MATTAWAN, Michigan - A company that conducts preclinical medical studies plans to spend $5 million to upgrade facilities at its headquarters in southwestern Michigan.
- Honda agrees to new deal with IndyCar as engine supplier Updated: Feb-02-16 2:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A rough 2015 season couldn't chase Honda out of IndyCar racing.
- Arizona Corporation Commission elects Little as new chairman Updated: Feb-02-16 2:09 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Corporation Commission has named Commissioner Doug Little as the commission's new chairman.
- Exxon's 4Q and annual profit plunge with oil prices Updated: Feb-02-16 1:24 pm
DALLAS - The big plunge in crude prices is taking a toll on Big Oil.
- Corrupt practices said to be hurting US biz goals in Africa Updated: Feb-02-16 6:53 am
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - The president of the Corporate Council on Africa says official corruption is discouraging many U.S businesses from investing in Africa.
- CarMax CEO Thomas Folliard retiring Updated: Feb-01-16 8:29 am
NEW YORK - Used-car retailer CarMax Inc. on Monday said that CEO Thomas J. Folliard plans to retire at the end of 2016 and is expected to be replaced by William D. Nash.
- The Latest: France, Iran sign trade deals Updated: Jan-28-16 1:46 pm
PARIS - The Latest on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani's visit to Europe (all times local):
- Bullet train chairman projects lower cost, longer timeline Updated: Jan-27-16 7:24 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The chairman of the board that oversees California's high-speed rail project said Wednesday that the next projection will likely lower the cost of building the train route from the current $68 billion, but he is less confident about its current predictions for how quickly the system can be built.
- Oregon Right to Life president says politics cost her job Updated: Jan-26-16 6:49 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The new president of Oregon Right to Life says she lost her job at a Portland cleaning company because of her political activity.
- Oil industry group names ex-senator as executive director Updated: Jan-26-16 6:22 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Petroleum Association has named a former Republican state senator as its next executive director.
- Fiber Ready designation may attract more jobs to Corinth Updated: Jan-26-16 2:10 pm
CORINTH, Mississippi - The Corinth/Alcorn Industrial Park has been certified as AT&T Fiber Ready, which officials say could help attract jobs.
- After 90 years, Duquesne firm still producing bedding Updated: Jan-26-16 11:22 am
DUQUESNE, Pennsylvania - Sewing machine operators stitch the ends of freshly stuffed pillows at a pace of several a minute in American Textile Co.'s Duquesne factory, where downy polyester fibers float in the air and about 10 million pillows roll off the line each year to meet demand from North American consumers.
- Cleveland Clinic exec named Allegheny Health Network CEO Updated: Jan-26-16 11:07 am
PITTSBURGH - A Cleveland Clinic executive with more than 30 years' experience is Allegheny Health Network's new CEO.
- Twitter parts with 4 key execs in latest sign of turmoil Updated: Jan-25-16 4:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Four of Twitter's key executives are leaving the company in an exodus that has escalated the uncertainty facing the messaging service as it struggles to broaden its audience and lure back disillusioned investors.
- Electric Boat president shares positive business outlook Updated: Jan-25-16 12:17 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - U.S. Navy contractor Electric Boat is building and designing so many submarines that the company's president told a group in Connecticut on Monday it's a "terrific time" to be in the submarine business.