- Yahoo CEO could get $55M in severance pay in potential sale Updated: Apr-29-16 7:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer will walk away with a $55 million severance package if the company's auction of its Internet operations culminates in a sale that ousts her from her job.
- Protesters march against Carrier moving work to Mexico Updated: Apr-29-16 6:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Several hundred people gathered at the Indiana Statehouse on Friday to protest air conditioning giant Carrier Corp.'s decision to move 1,400 jobs from the state to Mexico to save money.
- Valeant files overdue financial report, ending debt default Updated: Apr-29-16 4:36 pm
Valeant Pharmaceuticals resolved its default on some of its $30 billion in debt by finally filing its long-overdue U.S. financial report for 2015 on Friday. The badly tarnished Canadian drugmaker also announced a slate of mostly new nominees for elections to its board in June.
- Chobani CEO giving ownership stake to employees Updated: Apr-29-16 4:22 pm
TWIN FALLS, Idaho - Chobani's CEO visited a plant in Twin Falls to tell workers about the company's plan to give employees an ownership stake in the privately held company.
- Rovi buying TiVo in $1.1B cash-and-stock deal Updated: Apr-29-16 7:45 am
NEW YORK - Digital TV listing company Rovi is buying TiVo in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $1.1 billion.
- NCAA scraps ban on satellite camps; recruiting under study Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
The NCAA Division I Board of Directors scrapped a proposed ban on satellite camps Thursday, rebuffing a request from powerhouse conferences in the South and clearing the way for coaches to hold and work at clinics far from their campuses this summer.
- Iowa regent directs furniture company that won no-bid deal Updated: Apr-28-16 6:58 pm
IOWA CITY, Iowa - A prominent regent failed to publicly disclose that she was a paid director for a national furniture company before its local distributor signed a lucrative no-bid contract with the University of Iowa last year, records show.
- Symantec cuts 4Q outlook, CEO leaving Updated: Apr-28-16 2:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Shares of software security firm Symantec fell about 6 percent after the company cut its fourth quarter revenue outlook due to lower sales of traditional security products and an increase in subscription-based security products which result in deferred revenue.
- Priceline CEO resigns after probe into employee relationship Updated: Apr-28-16 1:56 pm
NEW YORK - Online travel booking company Priceline said Thursday that its CEO resigned after he had a personal relationship with an employee.
- Johnson & Johnson hikes dividend at shareholders meeting Updated: Apr-28-16 1:48 pm
Health care giant Johnson & Johnson is increasing its dividend for the 54th consecutive year, news that cheered shareholders at a low-key annual meeting Thursday.
- Cabela's to pay $1M to settle SEC complaint Updated: Apr-28-16 11:48 am
SIDNEY, Nebraska - Outdoor outfitter Cabela's has agreed to pay $1 million to settle a complaint from federal regulators that investors were misled about the Sydney-based company's 2012 profitability ratios.
- Volkswagen CEO apologized in person to Obama over scandal Updated: Apr-28-16 11:04 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Volkswagen's CEO says he apologized in person to U.S. President Barack Obama for the carmaker's emissions scandal, in which it rigged its cars to cheat on diesel engine pollution tests.
- FIFA president says Leicester proves fairytales are possible Updated: Apr-28-16 9:30 am
BANGKOK - FIFA President Gianni Infantino visited the headquarters of Leicester's ownership company on Thursday and said the club's Premier League title run shows that fairytales are still possible.
- Lawmakers blast Valeant for price-gouging tactics Updated: Apr-27-16 7:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers accused Valeant Pharmaceuticals of gouging patients to reward Wall Street investors during a hearing Wednesday scrutinizing the embattled drugmaker's pricing tactics.
- Yahoo reshuffles board in truce with rebellious shareholder Updated: Apr-27-16 6:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Yahoo has reached a truce with an activist investor threatening to oust CEO Marissa Mayer and the rest of its board, removing a major distraction as the company evaluates bids to buy its Internet operations.
- Facebook reports stronger-than-expected 1Q results Updated: Apr-27-16 5:18 pm
MENLO PARK, California - Facebook posted stronger-than-expected results for its first quarter, helped by a growing number of users and higher advertising revenue, especially on mobile devices.
- H&R Block shares tumble on lousy tax season Updated: Apr-27-16 2:48 pm
NEW YORK - It was not a very good tax season for H&R Block.
- Barnes & Noble founder and chairman Riggio to retire Updated: Apr-27-16 8:35 am
NEW YORK - Barnes & Noble's founder and chairman Leonard Riggio will retire following the book seller's annual shareholders meeting, which is planned for September.
- Fiat Chrysler chief says shifter recall won't hurt earnings Updated: Apr-26-16 12:39 pm
DETROIT - A global recall of 1.1 million cars and SUVs because drivers can't tell if they are in park will have little impact on Fiat Chrysler's earnings, the company's CEO said.
- Chevron CEO: Company to invest more in the Permian Basin Updated: Apr-26-16 6:04 am
HOBBS, New Mexico - Chevron Corp. plans to move from massive, billion-dollar oil and gas projects to the Permian Basin in West Texas and eastern New Mexico.
- Valeant Pharma picks Perrigo leader to become next CEO Updated: Apr-25-16 4:47 pm
Embattled drugmaker Valeant Pharmaceuticals has chosen Perrigo Co. Chairman and CEO Joseph C. Papa to become its new CEO, replacing J. Michael Pearson.
- Daytona's Chitwood promoted to ISC's chief operating officer Updated: Apr-25-16 1:48 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - After overseeing a widely acclaimed $400 million upgrade of Daytona International Speedway, track President Joie Chitwood III is getting promoted.
- The Latest: Utah GOP picks national delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 8:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on Republican and Democratic state conventions: (all times local):
- Roanoke anchor John Carlin wins Gallimore award Updated: Apr-23-16 4:08 pm
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - John Carlin, who anchors four news programs each day for Roanoke station WSLS-TV, is the recipient of this year's AP Robert Gallimore Distinguished Service Award.
- GM nominates Harvard's Mendillo to spot on its board Updated: Apr-22-16 2:44 pm
NEW YORK - Automaker GM said Friday that former vice chairman Stephen Girsky won't run for another term on the board of directors. The company wants to replace him with the former CEO of Harvard University's endowment fund.