- Metro Phoenix transit CEO resigns amid expense report probe Updated: Nov-24-15 7:53 pm
PHOENIX - The CEO of the Phoenix metropolitan area's bus and light-rail systems announced his resignation Tuesday amid a newspaper's investigation into his expense reports, which included first-class flights and expensive dinner and hotel tabs.
- Notre Dame vice president to help with economic development Updated: Nov-24-15 3:50 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame has hired a former Textron Inc. vice president of mergers and acquisitions to head its efforts to help grow the regional community of the South Bend-Elkhart area through strategic partnerships with the university.
- Wisconsin's embattled jobs agency hires 6th CFO in 4 years Updated: Nov-23-15 4:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's embattled economic development agency has hired its sixth chief financial officer in just over four years.
- Carl Icahn says AIG CEO unwilling to break up company Updated: Nov-23-15 4:44 pm
NEW YORK - Activist investor Carl Icahn is putting more pressure on American International Group Inc. to break itself into three separate companies.
- Rauner not hiring firm for Lincoln Museum director search Updated: Nov-23-15 11:34 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner's administration will find a new director for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum instead of hiring an outside search firm.
- Illinois Hospital Association board names new top executive Updated: Nov-20-15 8:06 pm
NAPERVILLE, Illinois - The Illinois Hospital Association will soon have a new top executive.
- The Latest: US says more cars included in VW diesel cheating Updated: Nov-20-15 1:41 pm
BERLIN - The latest developments in Volkswagen's emissions scandal. All times local:
- Shkreli named CEO of KaloBios following takeover Updated: Nov-20-15 8:14 am
NEW YORK - Former hedge fund manager Martin Shkreli was named CEO and chairman of KaloBios Pharmaceuticals after he led a group of investors to take a majority stake in the cancer drug developer.
- CEO of African telecom giant MTN resigns; Nigeria fine looms Updated: Nov-09-15 12:03 pm
JOHANNESBURG - The CEO of Africa's biggest telecommunications company resigned on Monday because of a $5.2 billion fine meted out to MTN Group's Nigerian subsidiary.
- DuPont names Breen as chairman and CEO Updated: Nov-09-15 9:41 am
NEW YORK - DuPont's board of directors named Edward D. Breen as chairman and CEO after a month of holding those positions in an interim capacity.
- Republican Party of Kentucky names next chairman Updated: Nov-09-15 8:43 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Mac Brown is the next chairman of the Republican Party of Kentucky.
- Hawaii time zone, language add to HealthCare.gov challenges Updated: Nov-06-15 8:41 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii's time zone and language needs are compounding difficulties as more than 40,000 people migrate from the state's health insurance exchange to the federal exchange.
- Q&A: Passive mutual funds can be active corporate watchdogs Updated: Nov-05-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Think a company is paying its CEO way too much? Or that its board of directors is too full of the CEO's cronies?
- McVegan: Former McDonald's CEO joining board of Beyond Meat Updated: Nov-05-15 12:48 pm
NEW YORK - Former McDonald's CEO Don Thompson is flipping a new type of burger - one made without meat.
- Molson Coors beats 3Q profit forecasts despite lagging sales Updated: Nov-05-15 10:54 am
NEW YORK - Molson Coors Brewing Co. on Thursday reported a profit for the third-quarter as lower costs helped offset a stronger U.S. dollar that weighed down sales.
- Insys CEO Babich resigns, drugmaker tops 3Q expectations Updated: Nov-05-15 9:48 am
Michael L. Babich has resigned as president and CEO of Insys Therapeutics, a specialty drugmaker under investigation over sales of its powerful painkiller Subsys.
- Business Highlights Updated: Nov-04-15 5:57 pm
- Consulting firm's CEO named new Kansas commerce secretary Updated: Nov-04-15 4:56 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Gov. Sam Brownback has named the CEO of an international business consulting firm as the next Kansas commerce secretary.
- Key dates in the Volkswagen's widening scandal Updated: Nov-04-15 11:46 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Volkswagen's emissions-rigging scandal has widened after the company said it had understated carbon dioxide emissions for 800,000 of its cars.
- Lumber Liquidators names new CEO, continues sales struggle Updated: Nov-04-15 8:24 am
NEW YORK - Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc. named a new CEO as it continues to struggle with sales in the wake of allegations that imported Chinese-made laminate flooring contained high levels of the carcinogen formaldehyde.
- Ex-Wal-Mart CEO crash-lands plane on Arkansas highway Updated: Nov-03-15 8:37 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A former chief executive officer at a division of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. crash-landed a plane on a highway in front of an Arkansas high school Tuesday after the aircraft's oil system failed.
- Business, arts, sports figures behind Ohio marijuana issue Updated: Oct-31-15 3:26 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Deep-pocketed investors in an Ohio marijuana legalization campaign this fall have been the focus of debate over Tuesday's Issue 3.