- William S. Morris IV named CEO of Morris Communications Co. Updated: Aug-01-15 5:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Georgia - William S. Morris IV on Saturday became the new CEO of Morris Communications Co., the company said in a news release.
- P&G's sales dip again on softer volume, exchange rates Updated: Jul-30-15 11:14 am
CINCINNATI - Procter & Gamble's sales fell for the sixth straight quarter as the world's bigger consumer goods company was weighed down by softer sales volume and unfavorable currency exchange rates.
- Pence picks prominent Democrat as development agency chief Updated: Jul-29-15 6:04 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Republican Gov. Mike Pence on Wednesday named a prominent Democrat to lead Indiana's business-recruitment agency, adding a degree of bipartisanship to his administration ahead of what is expected to be a tough re-election campaign.
- Former party finance director named to Democrats' post Updated: Jul-29-15 10:52 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The former finance director of the Nebraska Democratic Party has been named the party's new executive director.
- Procter & Gamble names Taylor to succeed Lafley as CEO Updated: Jul-28-15 6:19 pm
Procter & Gamble has named company insider David Taylor as president and chief executive effective Nov. 1.
- YouTube creators looking elsewhere for money Updated: Jul-23-15 8:07 pm
ANAHEIM, California - When 29-year-old YouTube star Meghan Tonjes launched a podcast with crowd-funding site Patreon a year ago, it was one of dozens of things the singer-songwriter was doing to grind out a living online. Today, it's paying her rent.
- Bank of America CFO steps down in shake-up Updated: Jul-22-15 8:07 pm
NEW YORK - Bank of America's second-in-command is out of a job following a management shake-up announced late Wednesday.
- Coca-Cola fetching higher prices with marketing, mini-cans Updated: Jul-22-15 1:04 pm
NEW YORK - Coca-Cola says people are shelling out more money for its drinks, thanks to a mix of reinvigorated marketing and mini-cans and glass bottles that tend to cost more.
- Greg Booth to retire as Zippo CEO, Mark Paup named successor Updated: Jul-22-15 12:11 pm
BRADFORD, Pennsylvania - The chief executive officer of iconic Pennsylvania lighter maker, Zippo Manufacturing Co., is retiring next year.
- AMC Entertainment says CEO Lopez stepping down Aug. 6 Updated: Jul-21-15 7:19 pm
NEW YORK - AMC Entertainment Holdings, the second-largest movie theater chain in the U.S., says president and CEO Gerry Lopez will leave the company in August.
- USOC adds Robert Wood to board of directors Updated: Jul-21-15 3:41 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Former Dow Chemical executive and USA Gymnastics board member Robert Wood is the newest addition to the U.S. Olympic Committee's board of directors.
- CEO of Japan's Toshiba resigns over doctored books Updated: Jul-21-15 6:59 am
TOKYO - Toshiba's CEO and eight other executives resigned Tuesday to take responsibility for doctored books that inflated profits at the Japanese technology manufacturer by 152 billion yen ($1.2 billion) over several years.
- Brother sues Seattle CEO who set $70,000 minimum wage Updated: Jul-21-15 2:05 am
SEATTLE - A Seattle CEO who set a $70,000 minimum wage for all his employees is now being sued by his brother.
- Subway's chief marketing officer to leave company Updated: Jul-20-15 7:07 pm
NEW YORK - Subway's chief marketing officer Tony Pace says he is leaving the company to start a marketing consultancy.
- McKissick named chairman of Clemson board Updated: Jul-20-15 10:05 am
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - The man who led Clemson University's last presidential search and its $1 billion capital campaign has taken over as chairman of the governing board.
- Rapid City power plant that opened in 1961 to get taken down Updated: Jul-19-15 10:35 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - Crews will begin deconstructing a coal-fired power plant this summer that has been a part of Rapid City's northwestern skyline since 1961.
- Analyst: probe could taint image of Brazil's ex- president Updated: Jul-17-15 5:23 pm
SAO PAULO - An investigation into allegations of influence peddling by Brazil's former President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva could taint his image and weaken the ruling Workers' Party, analysts said Friday.
- Newspaper executive Kirkpatrick steps down as LNP president Updated: Jul-16-15 5:34 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - John Kirkpatrick, a prominent central Pennsylvania newspaper executive, is stepping down as president of LNP.
- PPG Industries names new CEO; Bunch to stay exec chairman Updated: Jul-16-15 2:28 pm
PITTSBURGH - Paint and coatings maker PPG Industries Inc. has named Michael H. McGarry as its new CEO to replace Charles E. Bunch.
- Sales slow at trench coat maker Burberry; Asia demand weak Updated: Jul-15-15 9:45 am
LONDON - Trench coat maker Burberry reported slowing sales Wednesday amid weakening demand in Asia and an unsteady American market.
- Fake story on buyout sends Twitter stock briefly higher Updated: Jul-14-15 6:31 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter's stock briefly spiked on Tuesday after a fake story said the short messaging service received a $31 billion buyout offer.
- Guess names new CEO as co-founder shifts role Updated: Jul-14-15 6:25 pm
Guess has named fashion industry veteran Victor Herrero as CEO of the clothing and accessories company, ending an era of family leadership.
- Nintendo's Iwata who led through successes, woes dies at 55 Updated: Jul-13-15 10:10 am
TOKYO - Satoru Iwata, who led Japanese video game company Nintendo Co. through years of growth with its Pokemon and Super Mario franchises, has died after a lengthy illness, drawing a flood of emotional tributes from game fans and industry rivals, the company said Monday. He was 55.
- Company under probe pushed for ex-Chicago schools CEO hiring Updated: Jul-12-15 4:38 pm
CHICAGO - A published report shows the head of a suburban education company central to an ongoing federal investigation pushed for the hiring of Chicago Public Schools former CEO and lobbied on her behalf.
- Bethune-Cookman elects longtime philanthropist board chair Updated: Jul-12-15 1:11 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Bethune-Cookman University has elected one of its biggest philanthropists as its new chairman of the board.