- Williams, Stephens give US 2-0 Fed Cup lead over Poland Updated: Feb-06-16 9:54 pm
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii - Venus Williams beat Paula Kania 7-5, 6-2, and Sloane Stephens beat Magda Linette, 6-2 6-4 on Saturday to give the U.S. a 2-0 lead over Poland after the opening day of their Fed Cup first round.
- Garcia wins to draw France level 1-1 with Italy in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-06-16 1:15 pm
MARSEILLE, France - Caroline Garcia beat former French Open runner-up Sara Errani 6-3, 7-5 to move France level with Italy 1-1 after the opening day of their Fed Cup first-round tie on Saturday.
- Bertens gives Netherlands lead over Russia in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-06-16 12:19 pm
MOSCOW - Four-time Fed Cup champion Russia was on the brink of a surprise first-round defeat to the Netherlands after going 2-0 down on the first day Saturday.
- Fed Cup: Halep, Kvitova lose, Romania-Czech Republic, 1-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Monica Niculescu beat two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova 6-3, 6-4 to ensure Romania tied with the Czech Republic 1-1 on the opening day of their Fed Cup first-round tie on Saturday.
- Kerber draws Germany level with Switzerland 1-1 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-06-16 10:47 am
LEIPZIG, Germany - Australian Open champion Angelique Kerber defeated Timea Bacsinszky 6-1, 6-3 to draw Germany level with Switzerland 1-1 after the opening day of their Fed Cup first-round tie on Saturday.
- Wozniacki to be Denmark's flag-bearer at Olympics in Rio Updated: Feb-05-16 12:43 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Former top-ranked tennis player Caroline Wozniacki has been chosen to be Denmark's flag-bearer at the opening ceremony of the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Hingis, Mirza win Australian Open doubles title Updated: Jan-29-16 3:21 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Martina Hingis and Sania Mirza maintained their perfect record in Grand Slam doubles finals, beating the Czech pair of Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka 7-6 (1), 6-3 at the Australian Open on Friday to extend their winning streak to 36 matches on the way to a third major title.
- Djokovic, Williams win Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Like Serena Williams before him, Novak Djokovic moved into another Australian Open championship decider with a relatively untroubled semifinal win.
- Williams reaches 7th Australian Open final in dominant form Updated: Jan-28-16 6:38 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Serena Williams plays as well as she did in the semifinals of the Australian Open, there's little an opponent can do to challenge her. Even one who's soon to be ranked No. 3 in the world, just two places behind her.
- Konta made British history in Australia, heads home proud Updated: Jan-28-16 6:25 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The extent of what she accomplished at the Australian Open hasn't fully sunk in, but Johanna Konta expects it will when she returns home to England.
- The Latest: Djokovic beats Federer to reach Australian final Updated: Jan-28-16 6:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The Latest from the Australian Open on Thursday (all times local):
- Orange County Breakers return to TeamTennis this summer Updated: Jan-27-16 6:12 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - The Orange County Breakers are returning to World TeamTennis this summer with a permanent outdoor home court at Newport Beach Tennis Club.
- Serena and Venus Williams to compete at Indian Wells tourney Updated: Jan-27-16 4:28 pm
INDIAN WELLS, California - Serena Williams will be joined by big sister Venus in the women's field for the BNP Paribas Open in March, a year after Serena returned to the desert tournament in an end to her 14-year boycott.
- Venus Williams, not Serena, on US Fed Cup team vs. Poland Updated: Jan-27-16 12:01 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Venus Williams and Sloane Stephens will lead the U.S. Fed Cup team against Poland next month - but Williams' sister Serena is not on the roster.
- Sharapova in Russia Fed Cup squad despite Olympic dispute Updated: Jan-27-16 9:55 am
MOSCOW - Maria Sharapova was named Wednesday in Russia's team for its Fed Cup match against the Netherlands despite a dispute with the national federation over her Olympic eligibility.
- Johanna Konta makes name for herself at Australian Open Updated: Jan-27-16 5:37 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Meet the female Jason Bourne.
- Meet the young Canadians poised for breakout at Aussie Open Updated: Jan-26-16 6:21 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Growing up in Quebec City, Felix Auger Aliassime learned to play from his father, a tennis instructor who had emigrated from Togo in West Africa. It wasn't until he saw Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play their classic Wimbledon final in 2008, though, that he fell in love with the game.
- Kvitova to lead Czechs in 1st round of Fed Cup at Romania Updated: Jan-26-16 6:10 am
PRAGUE - Two-time Wimbledon winner Petra Kvitova will lead defending champion Czech Republic in next month's first round of the Fed Cup at Romania.
- Connecticut Open becomes stop on men's senior series Updated: Jan-25-16 1:12 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Andre Agassi and John McEnroe have agreed to play this summer at The Connecticut Open tennis tournament, which has been added as a stop on the tour for over-30 men's players.
- Petra Kvitova fires coach David Kotyza after 7 years Updated: Jan-25-16 10:52 am
PRAGUE - Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova says she is terminating her cooperation with coach David Kotyza.
- Football fan Azarenka into quarterfinals at Australian Open Updated: Jan-25-16 8:08 am
- Serena-Sharapova rivalry comes again to Australian Open Updated: Jan-24-16 8:15 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Serena Williams says she doesn't remember much about the first time she played Maria Sharapova at the Australian Open.
- Azarenka: Tennis hunger comes from childhood in Belarus Updated: Jan-23-16 7:29 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Pressure is merely a matter of perspective for Victoria Azarenka, who can recall days when she was worried as much about going hungry as she was about her next match.
- Born an Aussie, raised a Brit. Konta's a star in Melbourne Updated: Jan-23-16 3:40 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Johanna Konta became the first British woman in 29 years to reach the fourth round at the Australian Open on Saturday, giving rise to "a lot of Australia questions" at Melbourne Park.
- Adopted Aussie Gavrilova excites the crowds with upset wins Updated: Jan-22-16 8:20 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Russian-born Daria Gavrilova hasn't been an Australian citizen for very long, only receiving her passport in December and permission to represent the country at WTA Tour events.