- Williams beats Stephens, advances to Madrid Open 3rd round Updated: May-04-15 4:08 pm
- Vonn says relationship with Woods is over Updated: May-03-15 4:26 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn are no longer a power couple in American sports.
- Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova wins Prague Open for 4th title Updated: May-02-15 8:06 am
PRAGUE - Top-seeded Karolina Pliskova rallied from a set down to claim her fourth WTA title by defeating qualifier Lucie Hradecka 4-6, 7-5, 6-3 in an all-Czech final of the Prague Open on Saturday.
- 17-year-old Frances Tiafoe earns French Open wild-card berth Updated: May-02-15 12:24 am
WHITE PLAINS, New York - Frances Tiafoe, a 17-year-old from Maryland, has earned his first main-draw Grand Slam tournament berth by clinching a French Open wild-card entry through the U.S. Tennis Association.
- 2015 Wimbledon singles champions to receive nearly $3M Updated: Apr-28-15 12:09 pm
LONDON - Prize money keeps going up at Wimbledon, with first-round losers as well as champions cashing in on record rewards.
- Halep, Wozniacki to meet in Porsche Grand Prix semifinals Updated: Apr-24-15 11:57 am
- AP's European week in photos Updated: Apr-20-15 9:42 am
The image of Arsenal striker Alexis Sanchez celebrating a goal at Wembley is perfectly juxtaposed against the background of horrified Reading supporters at the FA Cup semifinal. In a gentler image, cyclists in the Amstel Gold race in The Netherlands rush past a tree in spring bloom.
- Serena Williams has a solution to liven up Fed Cup Updated: Apr-20-15 6:50 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Seeing Serena Williams play three matches over two days in Fed Cup was a rare treat over the weekend.
- Teliana Pereira wins Claro Open Colsanitas Updated: Apr-19-15 5:28 pm
- Fed Cup: Hingis loses again but Switzerland beats Poland 3-2 Updated: Apr-19-15 3:37 pm
ZIELONA GORA, Poland - Five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis lost both her singles matches but finished on the winning team as Switzerland beat Poland 3-2 Sunday in a Fed Cup World Group playoff.
- Serena Williams at Fed Cup: 'Today was a big eye opener' Updated: Apr-19-15 1:20 pm
BRINDISI, Italy - Serena Williams thought she was ready for the clay-court season.
- Fed Cup: Petkovic cuts Russia's lead over Germany to 2-1 Updated: Apr-19-15 7:48 am
- Belarus defeats Japan 3-2 to advance at Fed Cup Updated: Apr-19-15 7:41 am
- Fed Cup: Netherlands and Australia 1-1 Updated: Apr-18-15 11:47 am
'S-HERTOGENBOSCH, Netherlands - Casey Dellacqua, a late replacement for the injured Samantha Stosur, beat Arantxa Rus in straight sets to draw Australia level with the Netherlands after the first day Saturday of their Fed Cup World Group playoff.
- Czech Republic leads France 2-0 in Fed Cup semis Updated: Apr-18-15 10:40 am
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Defending champion Czech Republic took a commanding 2-0 lead over France in the Fed Cup World Group semifinals after Lucie Safarova and Petra Kvitova won the opening singles matches on Saturday.
- Serena Williams begins her clay season at Italy in Fed Cup Updated: Apr-17-15 11:32 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Having learned to play on rock-hard cement in Compton, California, Serena Williams could easily be excused if she didn't like the slow, red clay courts of Europe.
- Martina Hingis to make singles comeback in Fed Cup match Updated: Apr-17-15 9:17 am
ZIELONA GORA, Poland - Five-time Grand Slam champion Martina Hingis will play her first competitive singles match since 2007 in a Fed Cup playoff on Saturday.
- Draw for Italy vs. United States Fed Cup World Group Playoff Updated: Apr-17-15 6:24 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Draw Friday for this weekend's Fed Cup World Group playoff between Italy and the United States on red clay at the Circolo Tennis Brindisi:
- Tennis Hall of Fame says Thelma Coyne Long dies at 96 Updated: Apr-15-15 5:33 pm
The International Tennis Hall of Fame says that Thelma Coyne Long, an Australian who won 19 Grand Slam titles in singles, doubles or mixed doubles, has died. She was 96.
- Sharapova pulls out of Russia Fed Cup clash with Germany Updated: Apr-14-15 5:17 pm
MOSCOW - Maria Sharapova has pulled out of Russia's Fed Cup semifinal against Germany this weekend, citing a leg injury.
- Serena Williams could be asked to play 3 matches in 2 days Updated: Apr-14-15 1:20 pm
ROME - Serena Williams has been virtually unbeatable this year.
- Venus Williams to miss Fed Cup playoff in Italy Updated: Apr-14-15 11:05 am
BRINDISI, Italy - Venus Williams has withdrawn from the United States team for this weekend's Fed Cup playoff in Italy because of a personal matter.
- French Open prize money goes up to 28 million euros Updated: Apr-14-15 4:32 am
PARIS - Prize money at the French Open will rise to 28 million euros ($29.5 million) this year, an increase of 3 million euros from last year.
- Kerber rallies past Madison Keys to win Family Circle Cup Updated: Apr-12-15 5:24 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Angelique Kerber didn't really like playing on clay. That's changed in a big way Sunday when the fifth-seeded German rallied past American Madison Keys to win the Family Circle Cup.
- Mirza is 1st woman from India to reach No. 1 doubles ranking Updated: Apr-12-15 4:41 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Sania Mirza has become the first woman from India to reach the top of the WTA rankings.