- Nadal and Sharapova out at Indian Wells Updated: Mar-11-14 1:29 am
- Trio wins story of the year; Terrill photo Updated: Mar-07-14 5:35 pm
- Former tennis player Baltacha says she has cancer Updated: Mar-07-14 11:50 am
- Lindsay Davenport elected to Tennis Hall of Fame Updated: Mar-03-14 1:40 pm
- Dimitrov wins the Mexican Open Updated: Mar-02-14 5:07 am
- Ex-OSU coach voted into ITA Tennis Hall of Fame Updated: Feb-27-14 5:08 pm
- Nadal wins Rio Open, Nara takes women's title Updated: Feb-23-14 7:16 pm
- Women's skicross racers brace for tough course Updated: Feb-20-14 6:51 pm
- Serena Williams: Practice is boring Updated: Feb-17-14 4:54 pm
- Li Na moves to No. 2; Peng tops doubles rankings Updated: Feb-17-14 3:57 am
- Halep beats Kerber to win 1st title of year Updated: Feb-16-14 1:05 pm
- Siblings give family feel to Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-16-14 6:52 am
- Tweet this: Olympians turn medals into buzz, money Updated: Feb-14-14 7:58 am
- Venus Williams to play Family Circle Updated: Feb-13-14 3:21 pm
- Column: Too late to put Putin back in a uniform? Updated: Feb-13-14 12:46 pm
- Azarenka to star for Philadelphia Freedoms in WTT Updated: Feb-11-14 4:32 pm
- US to face France at home in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-11-14 1:36 pm
- Czechs rally to beat Spain, reach Fed Cup semis Updated: Feb-10-14 2:44 pm
- Italy tops United States 3-1 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-09-14 4:59 pm
- France beats Switzerland 3-2 in Fed Cup Updated: Feb-09-14 2:09 pm
INDIAN WELLS, California - Defending champions Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova were upset in the third round of the BNP Paribas Open on Monday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Tim Dahlberg, Eddie Pells and Jimmy Golen's combined efforts earned them story of the year honors in the annual writing contest for AP staffers judged by Associated Press Sports Editors at their winter meeting.
LONDON - Former top-50 professional tennis player Elena Baltacha says she has been diagnosed with cancer of the liver.
NEW YORK - Lindsay Davenport was in the middle of another major life milestone when she found out she had been elected to the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Former Oklahoma State men's tennis coach James Wadley has been voted into the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Hall of Fame.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rafael Nadal returned from a troublesome back injury to win the Rio Open on Sunday, defeating Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine 6-3, 7-6 (3).
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - It almost sounds like a sightseeing tour through Moscow: Start with the Bolshoi, keep the speed up through Gorky Park, be careful around Red Square and cruise past the Kremlin.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Serena Williams says she asked for a wild card into the Dubai Championships to combat boredom once she believed her back injury was on the mend.
SINGAPORE - Li Na set a record for Asian players by rising to a career-high No. 2 in the WTA rankings released Monday, while her compatriot Peng Shuai ensured another first for China by ascending to the top ranking in doubles.
DOHA, Qatar - Seventh-seeded Simona Halep of Romania won her first title of the year with a 6-2, 6-3 victory over sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber of Germany in the Qatar Open final on Sunday.
KRASNAYA GOLYANA, Russia - When Martin Fourcade won his first Olympic gold this week, the French biathlete got to celebrate in the finish area with the teammate he grew up trying to beat - older brother Simon.
SOCHI, Russia - When Jenny Jones won Olympic bronze at the Sochi Games, her following on Twitter exploded. The audience for @jennyjonessnow has grown 10-fold, to 65,000 followers, in the three weeks since the British snowboarder tweeted: "Just found out I officially made the GB winter Olympic team. Whoop!"
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Seven-time Grand Slam champion Venus Williams is joining younger sister Serena in playing at the Family Circle Cup in April.
SOCHI, Russia - The hometown lads started so fast that you half-expected to see Vladimir Putin, the 60-year-old president who suited up for an exhibition game here last month, slip back into a uniform and take a few shifts. Maybe Maria Sharapova, too.
NEW YORK - Victoria Azarenka will star for the Philadelphia Freedoms in World Team Tennis.
NEW YORK - The United States will face France at home in Fed Cup competition in an attempt to get back into the World Group.
SEVILLE, Spain - The Czech Republic reached the Fed Cup semifinals for a sixth straight year when it came from 2-1 down to beat host Spain 3-2 in their rain-affected tie on Monday.
CLEVELAND - Karin Knapp won her second match of the weekend and gave Italy a 3-1 win over the United States in their Fed Cup first-round match on Sunday.
PARIS - Alize Cornet and Kristina Mladenovic beat Belinda Bencic and Timea Bacsinszky 7-5, 6-4 in doubles Sunday to give France a 3-2 win over Switzerland in their first-round tie of the Fed Cup World Group II.