- Williams takes on Azarenka in Wimbledon quarterfinals Updated: Jul-06-15 4:23 pm
LONDON - The last time Serena Williams played Victoria Azarenka, they exchanged angry gestures, testy words - and a pair of shorts.
- A win, then a hug: Serena Williams tops Venus at Wimbledon Updated: Jul-06-15 4:17 pm
LONDON - Decades ago, when the Williams sisters were kids in California, taking tennis lessons from Dad on a municipal court and imagining playing at Grand Slam tournaments one day, it was Venus - older, taller, stronger - who usually beat Serena.
- The Latest: Gilles Simon reaches Wimbledon quarterfinals Updated: Jul-06-15 1:55 pm
LONDON - The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- Keys and Vandeweghe join Serena in Wimbledon quarterfinals Updated: Jul-06-15 12:15 pm
LONDON - While most eyes were on the Williams sisters, CoCo Vandeweghe and Madison Keys quietly showed there are more American players to pay attention to at Wimbledon.
- Reports: Martinez to take charge of Spain's Davis Cup team Updated: Jul-05-15 6:36 pm
MADRID - Spanish media reports say former Wimbledon winner Conchita Martinez will be appointed temporary captain of Spain's Davis Cup team as a replacement for the fired Gala Leon.
- Wimbledon's Centre Court evacuated after small fire Updated: Jul-01-15 6:03 pm
LONDON - A small electrical fire broke out inside Wimbledon's Centre Court building on Wednesday, causing an evacuation after play had ended for the day.
- Texas hires women's tennis coach Howard Joffe Updated: Jun-30-15 5:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas hired Howard Joffe to as the new women's tennis coach, poaching from former rival at Texas A&M.
- Williams sisters pull out of doubles at Wimbledon Updated: Jun-30-15 12:36 pm
LONDON - The Williams sisters pulled out of women's doubles at Wimbledon on Tuesday, with Serena saying it's because she wants to focus on her bid for a fourth consecutive Grand Slam title in singles.
- Bencic wins Eastbourne final for 1st WTA title Updated: Jun-27-15 11:48 am
EASTBOURNE, England - Swiss teenager Belinda Bencic won her first title by beating Agnieszka Radwanska 6-4, 4-6, 6-0 in the Eastbourne final on Saturday, enhancing her burgeoning reputation ahead of Wimbledon.
- Djokovic avoids Federer, Murray, Nadal in Wimbledon draw Updated: Jun-26-15 7:21 am
LONDON - Defending champion Novak Djokovic avoided his three biggest traditional rivals in the Wimbledon draw on Friday as the other members of tennis' "Big Four" were all placed on the opposite side.
- GAC announces sportsmanship awards for 2014-2015 seasons Updated: Jun-24-15 1:58 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Great American Conference is honoring six teams for sportsmanship during the most recent seasons.
- Curry and James up for best male athlete at ESPY Awards Updated: Jun-24-15 10:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Stephen Curry and LeBron James are going head-to-head again not long after battling for the NBA title.
- 2-time champ Rafael Nadal seeded No. 10 for Wimbledon Updated: Jun-24-15 6:57 am
LONDON - Two-time champion Rafael Nadal was seeded No. 10 for Wimbledon on Wednesday, his lowest seeding ever at the All England Club.
- Wimbledon champ Kvitova out of Eastbourne through illness Updated: Jun-22-15 11:46 am
EASTBOURNE, England - Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova pulled out of the Eastbourne grass-court tournament on Monday because of illness, disrupting her preparations for the defense of her title at the All England Club starting next week.
- Pliskova, Kerber to meet in WTA Birmingham final Updated: Jun-20-15 2:42 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic reached her first grass-court final when she beat Kristina Mladenovic of France 6-2, 7-6 (6) in the Aegon Classic on Saturday.
- Unseeded Mahut and 5th-seeded Giorgi win Topshelf Open Updated: Jun-14-15 11:27 am
S-HERTOGENBOSCH, Netherlands - Frenchman Nicolas Mahut won his third career title after beating second-seeded David Goffin 7-6 (1), 6-1 at the Topshelf Open on Sunday, while fifth-seeded Camila Giorgi of Italy won the women's final.
- Fendrich on Tennis: Williams' Slam bid moves on to Wimbledon Updated: Jun-08-15 11:45 am
PARIS - Serena Williams was only a few hours' removed from her second major trophy of 2015, putting her halfway to a true Grand Slam, when she expressed a wish for a particular outcome in the following day's men's final at the French Open.
- Nadal 10th in rankings; French Open champ Wawrinka to No. 4 Updated: Jun-08-15 5:53 am
PARIS - Nine-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal's loss in the quarterfinals dropped him three places to No. 10 in Monday's ATP rankings, his lowest spot since April 2005, while champion Stan Wawrinka rose from No. 9 to No. 4.
- The Latest: Wawrinka jokes about his shorts at French Open Updated: Jun-07-15 3:30 pm
PARIS - The latest from the final day of the French Open:
- Williams says No. 20 was about as tough as any of her majors Updated: Jun-07-15 12:18 pm
PARIS - When someone has won as many significant matches and titles as Serena Williams - her Grand Slam trophy count now stands at 20 - it can be hard to decide how to sort them by degree of difficulty or order of importance.