- College Place Mayor Richard Newby dies at home Updated: Mar-10-14 1:26 pm
- Ala news executive Ed Fowler dies at 67 Updated: Mar-10-14 11:26 am
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92 Updated: Mar-10-14 10:55 am
- Billings, icon who helped reshape Vermont, dies Updated: Mar-09-14 9:28 pm
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 Updated: Mar-09-14 7:06 pm
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 Updated: Mar-09-14 6:13 pm
- Former Sangamon Co. prosecutor, judge dies Updated: Mar-09-14 1:56 pm
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies Updated: Mar-09-14 11:44 am
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies Updated: Mar-09-14 11:14 am
- Hundreds attend Jackson mayor's funeral Updated: Mar-08-14 7:46 pm
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80 Updated: Mar-08-14 3:03 pm
- 1st blind hiker to trek Appalachian Trail dies Updated: Mar-08-14 9:56 am
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 Updated: Mar-08-14 12:05 am
- Child sex abuse suspect dies at Boston hospital Updated: Mar-07-14 10:35 pm
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93 Updated: Mar-07-14 10:07 pm
- Wife of longtime Yankee Yogi Berra dies at 85 Updated: Mar-07-14 9:00 pm
- Former TV academy president Hank Rieger dies Updated: Mar-07-14 7:13 pm
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88 Updated: Mar-07-14 5:27 pm
- State Sen. Martin Nesbitt dies of stomach cancer Updated: Mar-06-14 9:58 pm
- Former Arizona House Speaker Joe Lane dies Updated: Mar-06-14 5:00 pm
- Blount dies in federal prison Updated: Mar-06-14 9:31 am
- Agent: Game show host Geoff Edwards dies at 83 Updated: Mar-05-14 9:28 pm
- Longtime Marietta newspaper executive dies at 85 Updated: Mar-05-14 4:41 pm
- Longest-serving Randolph-Macon president dies Updated: Mar-05-14 6:56 am
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:47 am
COLLEGE PLACE, Washington - College Place Mayor Richard Newby died Sunday at his home.
ANNISTON, Alabama - Longtime newspaper executive Ed Fowler died just days after retiring from a career that included an award from the Alabama Press Association for lifetime achievement.
HAVANA - Melba Hernandez, one of two women who helped Fidel Castro launch his revolutionary battle with a failed 1953 attack on a military barracks, and who was later named a "heroine of the Cuban Revolution" has died at age 92.
WOODSTOCK, Vermont - Franklin Billings Jr., an iconic political and judicial leader who helped reshape how the state of Vermont was governed, died Sunday at the Woodstock home where he was born. He was 91.
DETROIT - William Clay Ford was born into a fortune and spent much of his life staying away from fame as he steered the family business and owned an NFL franchise.
PHILADELPHIA - William "Wild Bill" Guarnere, one of the World War II veterans whose exploits were dramatized in the TV miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died. He was 90
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Services are pending for a former central Illinois prosecutor and judge who died while vacationing in South Carolina.
BRUSSELS - Gerard Mortier, a Belgian opera director whose nonconformist style often grated the tradition-bound elite and who became a fiercely avant-garde impresario, has died. He was 70.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan's influential Vice President Mohammad Qasim Fahim, a leading commander in the alliance that fought the Taliban who was later accused with other warlords of targeting civilian areas during the country's civil war, died Sunday. He was 57.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Hundreds of mourners filled the Jackson Convention Complex on Saturday for Jackson Mayor Chokwe Lumumba's funeral, which lasted nearly five hours and included tributes by Myrlie Evers-Williams, widow of civil rights leader Medgar Evers, and former Mississippi Gov. William Winter.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Ted Welch, a prolific fundraiser in Tennessee Republican politics for four decades, has died. He was 80.
SEBEC, Maine - Bill Irwin, the first blind hiker to complete the Appalachian Trail without assistance, has died in Maine at the age of 73.
ENGLEWOOD, New Jersey - Sheila MacRae, a veteran stage, film and TV performer best known for playing Alice Kramden in the 1960s re-creation of "The Honeymooners," has died. She was 92.
BOSTON - A man charged with sexually abusing 13 children through his wife's unlicensed child care business died at a hospital Friday night after an apparent suicide attempt in jail several hours earlier, his lawyer said.
LOS ANGELES - The producer of early Grammy and National Football League telecasts has died.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Carmen Berra, the wife of New York Yankees great Yogi Berra, has died. She was 85.
LOS ANGELES - Family members say the former president of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences has died in Oceanside, California
LOS ANGELES - Dr. Frank Jobe, a pioneering orthopedic surgeon who was the first to perform an elbow procedure that became known as Tommy John surgery and saved the careers of countless major league pitchers, died Thursday. He was 88.
SWANNANOA, North Carolina - State Sen. Martin Nesbitt, who this week stepped down as minority leader because of illness, died Thursday. He was 67.
PHOENIX - Former Arizona House Speaker Joe Lane, who presided over the 1988 impeachment of Gov. Evan Mecham, has died at age 78.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi man convicted in the death of a Dutch cyclist has died in a federal prison hospital in North Carolina.
LOS ANGELES - Geoff Edwards, the hip-looking 1970s and '80s host of TV game shows including "Jackpot!" and two incarnations of "Treasure Hunt," died Wednesday, his agent said. He was 83.
MARIETTA, Georgia - An associate publisher and longtime advertising representative for The Marietta Daily Journal died earlier this week at the age of 85.
LYNCHBURG, Virginia - William Quillian Jr., the longest-serving president of the former Randolph-Macon Women's College, has died. He was 100.
HAMDEN, Connecticut - Dr. Sherwin Nuland, a medical ethicist who opposed assisted suicide and wrote an award-winning book about death called "How We Die," has died at age 83.