- SD School of Mines to host rocks, fossils ID public event Updated: Oct-11-15 11:55 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - The South Dakota School of Mines and Technology is inviting individuals to take their interesting backyard rock or fossil finds to the university's annual identification event.
- Dinosaur claw fossil found on Minnesota's Iron Range Updated: Oct-10-15 5:05 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A dinosaur claw fossil found on northeastern Minnesota's Iron Range could help researchers better figure out what sort of dinosaurs lived in the state.
- Fossils being donated to Fremont museum Updated: Oct-10-15 1:30 pm
FREMONT, California - Fossils that show camels, wild horses and bison once grazed in the San Francisco Bay Area are being donated to a natural history museum.
- Dinosaur National Monument's wall of bones now online Updated: Oct-08-15 5:01 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The two-story wall of dinosaur bones at Dinosaur National Monument is now online.
- Program at state park will cover Kentucky fossils Updated: Oct-08-15 3:31 am
MOUNT OLIVET, Kentucky - Visitors to Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park in northern Kentucky this weekend can learn about ancient fossils.
- Colorado man gets probation in fossil importation case Updated: Oct-06-15 6:56 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A Colorado man has been sentenced to one year of probation for understating the value of fossils imported from China to the United States.
- Student's fossil find leads to discovery of new species Updated: Oct-05-15 2:25 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Fossils found by a University of Nebraska-Lincoln student in New Mexico have led to the discovery of a new genus and rodent-like species.
- Oh, poop: Fossilized feces at Bradenton museum Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 am
BRADENTON, Florida - The South Florida Museum in Bradenton will open a new exhibit, one that leaves many feeling slightly grossed-out.
- New Jersey university buying quarry for dinosaur research Updated: Sep-23-15 5:29 pm
MANTUA, New Jersey - Rowan University's latest expansion is creating an opportunity to examine the distant past as well as look to the school's future.
- New duck-billed dinosaur found in Alaska, researchers say Updated: Sep-22-15 5:57 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Fossils from a unique plant-eating dinosaur found in the high Arctic of Alaska may change how scientists view dinosaur physiology, say Alaska and Florida university researchers.
- 4-million-year-old whale fossil found in Santa Cruz County Updated: Sep-20-15 4:35 pm
SCOTTS VALLEY, California - The 4-million-year-old fossilized skeleton of whale has been excavated at a construction site in Santa Cruz County.
- Colorado team says possible new dinosaur found in Montana Updated: Sep-17-15 2:54 pm
WOODLAND PARK, Colorado - Experts at the Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center are confident the bones found by a team in Montana are those of a previously undiscovered species.