- Effort to expand police mental health coverage progresses Updated: May-22-15 6:50 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A long-running effort to extend workers' compensation benefits to police officers who receive mental health injuries on the job cleared a key hurdle Friday after years of defeat in the General Assembly.
- Newtown must pay long-term disability to cop after massacre Updated: May-21-15 7:08 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut state board has ruled that Newtown must pay long-term disability to a police officer who developed anxiety and depression after responding to the 2012 shooting rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
- US schools ramp up use of safety drills, security Updated: May-21-15 2:38 pm
WASHINGTON - Safety drills, parent notification systems, and other safety measures in U.S. public schools grew in popularity in the years surrounding the massacre at Connecticut's Sandy Hook Elementary School.
- Newtown school principal awarded doctorate posthumously Updated: May-14-15 5:59 pm
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - The Connecticut elementary school principal who was among the 26 people killed in the 2012 Newtown school shootings will be awarded a doctorate degree posthumously from an upstate New York college, a college official says.
- Event to benefit autism foundation honoring Newtown victim Updated: May-02-15 9:26 am
NEWTOWN, Connecticut - Runners and bicyclists are gathering in Newtown for what organizers are calling a "wingathlon" to benefit the foundation set up by the family of one of the 20 children killed in the Sandy Hook massacre.