- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M Updated: Dec-06-13 3:50 pm
- 6 ways to avoid a holiday season spending hangover Updated: Dec-06-13 3:34 pm
- Japanese Pearl Harbor damage map sells for $425K Updated: Dec-06-13 11:42 am
- Bruce Lee jumpsuit fetches $100,000 at HK auction Updated: Dec-05-13 10:44 pm
- Springsteen 'Born to Run' draft sells for $197K Updated: Dec-05-13 7:39 pm
- Edward Hopper painting sells for over $40M Updated: Dec-05-13 7:06 pm
- L Brands, Costco report weak November sales Updated: Dec-05-13 1:07 pm
- Cato says key sales metric flat in November Updated: Dec-05-13 9:31 am
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd qtr. Updated: Dec-05-13 9:25 am
- Henrico officers to take kids Christmas shopping Updated: Dec-05-13 2:46 am
- Rockwell art sells for record $46M at NY auction Updated: Dec-04-13 10:52 pm
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Dec-04-13 3:08 pm
- Fed: US growth stays moderate during shutdown Updated: Dec-04-13 2:43 pm
- W.Va. farmers' markets set holiday events Updated: Dec-04-13 2:52 am
- Cyber Monday draws $1.74B billion holiday dollars Updated: Dec-03-13 6:50 pm
- J.C. Penney says key sales measure up in November Updated: Dec-03-13 5:07 pm
- Stocks slip as shopping season has a weak start Updated: Dec-03-13 4:11 pm
- Some Houston stores are immigrant family business Updated: Dec-03-13 10:33 am
- Holiday lights rules irk Buffalo business owners Updated: Dec-03-13 8:02 am
- RBS suffers IT glitch on Cyber Monday Updated: Dec-03-13 7:29 am
- Americans turn to mobile devices for Cyber Monday Updated: Dec-02-13 7:35 pm
- UT agents assist crackdown on fake goods sites Updated: Dec-02-13 6:34 pm
- Supreme Court won't stop NY's Internet taxation Updated: Dec-02-13 5:19 pm
- Feds target counterfeiting sites on Cyber Monday Updated: Dec-02-13 3:49 pm
- Conn. museum sells statue to launch NASA satellite Updated: Dec-02-13 2:05 pm
NEW YORK - The Fender Stratocaster that Bob Dylan plugged in when he famously went electric at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival sold Friday for nearly $1 million - the highest price ever paid for a guitar at auction.
It's a holiday season tradition that you don't want to observe. Many consumers spend more than they can afford, often racking up huge credit card balances.
NEW YORK - A hand-drawn Japanese military map showing post-attack damage from the Pearl Harbor bombing has been sold for $425,000 at a New York City auction
HONG KONG - The yellow jumpsuit worn onscreen by martial arts legend Bruce Lee in the movie "Game of Death," his final film, has sold at a Hong Kong auction for $100,000.
NEW YORK - Someone was willing to pay big bucks for an early glimpse of what would become the Boss' "runaway American dream."
NEW YORK - Edward Hopper's "East Wind Over Weehawken" has sold for $40.5 million - an auction record for the artist.
NEW YORK - Costco Wholesale Corp. and Victoria's Secret parent L Brands Inc. were among a handful of retailers that posted weak sales in November on Thursday.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Women's clothing company Cato said Thursday that a key sales measurement was unchanged in November, and its CEO expects the rest of the holiday shopping season will be difficult.
WASHINGTON - The U.S. economy grew at a 3.6 percent annual rate from July through September, the fastest since early 2012. But nearly half the growth came from a buildup in business stockpiles, a trend that could reverse in the current quarter and hold back growth.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Henrico County police officers will play Santa Claus for about 65 children this weekend.
NEW YORK - A Norman Rockwell painting titled "Saying Grace" sold at an auction on Wednesday for $46 million, a record for the Saturday Evening Post illustrator and for any work sold at an American art auction, Sotheby's said.
Appleton Post-Crescent, Nov. 29
WASHINGTON - A Federal Reserve survey released Wednesday found that the U.S. economy held steady during the 16-day partial government shutdown, growing moderately in most regions from October through late November.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia farmers' markets are planning open houses and food and wine tastings this holiday season.
NEW YORK - Cyber Monday is still on top.
PLANO, Texas - J. C. Penney Co. says a key sales measure jumped 10.1 percent in November, helped by a strong start to the holiday shopping season.
NEW YORK - Stocks are closing lower on Wall Street as investors worry about weak consumer spending as the holiday shopping season gets underway.
HOUSTON - O.G. Cooper, who is 86, rides his bike to Jim's Super grocery store in Houston's South Park neighborhood.
BUFFALO, New York - Business owners in Buffalo's popular Elmwood Village shopping and entertainment district say the city is threatening to pull the plug on a holiday tradition.
LONDON - Royal Bank of Scotland customers found themselves unable to use debit or credit cards on the busiest shopping day of the year.
NEW YORK - Power up and shop.
SALT LAKE CITY - Officials say federal agents in Salt Lake City joined an international effort to crack down Monday on hundreds of websites illegally selling fake goods.
WASHINGTON - On perhaps the busiest online shopping day of the year, the Supreme Court refused to wade into a dispute over state sales taxes for purchases on websites like Amazon.com, an outcome likely to prompt more states to attempt to collect taxes on Internet sales.
DALLAS - It's also Cyber Monday for federal agents targeting unscrupulous online merchants.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Discovery Museum and Planetarium in Bridgeport is making a calculated trade-off as it launches a significant upgrade to its science education program for schoolchildren.