- NC farmers markets part of USDA promotion of fresh foods Updated: Aug-02-15 4:04 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - It's a season of produce bounty at farmers markets, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture says they play an important role in North Carolina's farm-to-table food network.
- Iowa sales tax holiday set for next weekend Updated: Aug-01-15 1:19 pm
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Iowa's annual sales tax holiday set to coincide with back-to-school shopping also brings Nebraskans looking for bargains across the Missouri River.
- US Surgeon General Murthy to visit Detroit's Eastern Market Updated: Aug-01-15 4:05 am
DETROIT - Surgeon General Vivek Murthy is scheduled to visit Detroit's Eastern Market as part of National Farmers Market Week.
- Venezuela governor: 1 killed during supermarket looting Updated: Jul-31-15 8:38 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A man was killed and dozens were arrested Friday as a mob looted a supermarket and other shops in an industrial Venezuelan city, Bolivar state authorities said.
- 4 killed when executive jet crashes at England airfield Updated: Jul-31-15 2:40 pm
LONDON - An executive jet crashed onto a car auction center and burst into flames while trying to land at an airport in southern England Friday, killing all four people aboard, police said.
- Auction set for work from ex-auto plant credited to Banksy Updated: Jul-31-15 12:45 pm
DETROIT - An auction is planned for an artwork that gallery officials say the elusive British graffiti artist Banksy created at a former Detroit auto plant.
- Jenner Olympic Torch fetches $24,000 at auction Updated: Jul-31-15 12:26 am
NEW YORK - The 1984 Summer Olympic Torch that Bruce Jenner carried through Lake Tahoe, Nevada, sold for just under $24,000 at an auction of sports memorabilia Thursday.
- Stallone puts 'Rocky,' 'Rambo' memorabilia up for auction Updated: Jul-30-15 1:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - Sylvester Stallone is parting with memorabilia from the "Rocky" and "Rambo" movies, but he's keeping the two characters alive onscreen.
- Sales tax holiday coming in South Carolina Updated: Jul-30-15 7:33 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Shoppers in South Carolina can take advantage of a sales-tax free weekend next month.
- 10th annual Farmers Markets at the Capitol taking place Updated: Jul-30-15 4:05 am
LANSING, Michigan - The 10th annual Farmers Markets at the Capitol are taking place this summer in Lansing.
- Food stamps being used at more farmers' markets Updated: Jul-30-15 3:35 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Agriculture Commissioner James Comer says food stamp benefits can be used at an increasing number of farmers' markets in the state.
- Carter: Successful Iran nuclear deal better than strike Updated: Jul-29-15 7:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday that the U.S. armed forces stand ready to confront Iran, but told lawmakers that a successful implementation of the nuclear agreement with Tehran is preferable to a military strike.
- Iowa patrol says man led chase before car left road Updated: Jul-29-15 5:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Authorities say a man leading a car chase in central Iowa reached speeds of more than 100 mph before his vehicle flew off the road and into an auto auction lot.
- US Olympic hero Jim Craig to auction memorabilia Updated: Jul-29-15 2:36 pm
NEW YORK - The American flag that goalie Jim Craig wrapped around his shoulders after the U.S. Miracle on Ice victory at the 1980 Lake Placid Winter Olympics is on the auction block.
- Saginaw farmers market project gets $1M boost from state Updated: Jul-29-15 12:11 pm
SAGINAW, Michigan - A Saginaw project that includes a new outdoor farmers market and a year-round indoor market is getting a $1 million boost from the state, officials said.
- UK man found guilty of attempt to buy deadly ricin online Updated: Jul-29-15 11:47 am
LONDON - A British software programmer has been convicted of trying to obtain a chemical weapon after he attempted to buy enough ricin over the Internet to kill hundreds of people.
- Georgia back-to-school tax holiday begins Friday Updated: Jul-29-15 4:09 am
ATLANTA - Georgia retail officials say an upcoming sales tax holiday is meant to offer shoppers back-to-school savings.
- License for souvenir beer sales at Civil War museum approved Updated: Jul-28-15 1:38 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - The Frederick County liquor board has approved the selling of souvenir beer at the National Museum of Civil War Medicine.
- Apple Watch will be sold at some Best Buy stores Updated: Jul-27-15 5:02 pm
NEW YORK - The Apple Watch is heading to some Best Buy stores ahead of the holiday shopping season.
- Sales tax holiday approaching in Alabama Updated: Jul-26-15 9:49 am
DOTHAN, Alabama - An upcoming sales tax holiday is expected to offer Alabama shoppers savings on back-to-school supplies.
- French Quarter gay club sold at bankruptcy auction Updated: Jul-24-15 4:08 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Oz, which calls itself "New Orleans #1 gay dance club," has been sold for $8.17 million at a bankruptcy auction.
- EXCHANGE: Farmer markets give restaurants local food source Updated: Jul-24-15 8:55 am
DEKALB, Illinois - Area farmers markets once again have opened for the season, and for local chef Chad Warbort, that means an opportunity to look for new ingredients to sell at his restaurant, Tapa La Luna, at 226 E. Lincoln Highway in downtown DeKalb.
- 1885 home, 1 of Lansing's oldest, sold at auction for $16K Updated: Jul-24-15 6:56 am
LANSING, Michigan - One of Lansing's oldest homes has been sold at auction for $16,000.
- Report: Rauner campaign used gift cards to help get out vote Updated: Jul-23-15 7:07 pm
CHICAGO - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner's campaign handed out thousands of dollars in gift cards to people who helped get supporters to the polls during the November election, prompting questions about transparency and whether recipients should be considered volunteers or campaign staff.
- Buyer snags trophy believed to belong to Miss America 1926 Updated: Jul-22-15 6:02 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - A private Americana collector was the winning and only bidder for a trophy believed to be the one awarded to Miss America 1926.