- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing blitz Updated: Sep-04-15 4:31 am
NEW YORK - The release of the new Star Wars movie may still be months off, but Disney is unleashing its full marketing "Force" behind the launch of hundreds of toys and other items related to the film.
- Sotheby's to auction art collection of billionaire Taubman Updated: Sep-03-15 6:45 pm
NEW YORK - The art collection of a billionaire developer and former chairman of Sotheby's, which includes works from Picasso, de Kooning and Rothko, is coming up for sale, the auction house said Thursday.
- Iconic Connecticut lighthouse draws high bid of $290,000 Updated: Sep-03-15 7:17 am
OLD SAYBROOK, Connecticut - A famous Connecticut lighthouse featured on some state license plates has been sold at auction for almost $300,000.
- State to sell cars, computers and more at public auction Updated: Sep-02-15 3:02 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Several items, including computers, smartphones and over 70 cars will be auctioned off by the state of Alabama.
- Shopping 'Under the Dome' as TV show prepares to move Updated: Aug-28-15 2:35 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Everything must go, including some kitchen sinks.
- As markets drop, question is: will the Chinese still shop? Updated: Aug-28-15 11:14 am
BICESTER, England - The designer outlet mall of Bicester Village is set in the English countryside near Oxford, but it might as well be in China.
- Canadian government to auction trove of hockey items Updated: Aug-27-15 4:43 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Looking for a copy of Wayne Gretzky's professional hockey draft questionnaire? The Canadian government has one for sale.
- Barrett-Jackson auction won't be at 2016 Hot August Nights Updated: Aug-27-15 6:14 am
RENO, Nevada - The Barrett-Jackson car auction is ending its three-year relationship with Hot August Nights.
- Remaining anti-LePage '61 percent' stock up for bid on eBay Updated: Aug-26-15 5:06 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Gov. Paul LePage may be able to put that 61 percent movement behind him soon.
- Cuomo to college students: fake IDs pose identity theft risk Updated: Aug-26-15 3:07 am
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is warning college students about the risks of buying fake IDs online.
- Pest control businesses see increase in Iowa bedbug cases Updated: Aug-25-15 4:07 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Pest control companies are reporting an increase in the number of bedbug cases in eastern Iowa homes.
- Teens are shopping more like their parents Updated: Aug-24-15 1:07 pm
GARDEN CITY, New York - Giulia Pugliese is a typical teenager. She likes to look good, and she's particular about what she wears.
- Auction of D. Brent Pogue coin collection could fetch $20M Updated: Aug-24-15 12:40 pm
NEW YORK - A New York auction of American coins from 1792 to the 1830s could bring as much as $20 million.
- Former farmers market could reopen as store, restaurants Updated: Aug-23-15 11:47 am
ELKHART, Indiana - A distinctive red, barn-like structure in northern Indiana that formerly housed a large farmers market could soon be home to a department store and restaurants.
- Johnson City farmers markets no longer just a niche movement Updated: Aug-22-15 11:16 am
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - Nearly every area community has its own farmers market or some gathering place where local produce growers can collect and sell products made or cultivated with their own two hands.
- Woman finds 4 urns in recently purchased used car Updated: Aug-21-15 5:43 am
BONNEY LAKE, Washington - A Bonney Lake woman got more than she paid for when she purchased her car at an auction last week. She found four urns amid someone else's belongings.
- 'Simpsons' co-creator's memorabilia, art is going to auction Updated: Aug-20-15 12:01 pm
NEW YORK - A pinball machine from "The Simpsons" and fun pinup art are among the items going to auction from the collection of the show's co-creator Sam Simon.
- 1st recording contract signed by the Beatles up for auction Updated: Aug-18-15 2:43 pm
DALLAS - Heritage Auctions plans to sell what's touted as the first recording contract signed by the Beatles.
- Historic estate in Gloucester County to be sold at auction Updated: Aug-18-15 7:35 am
GLOUCESTER, Virginia - An estate built by a Revolutionary War privateer is going on the auction block.
- Federal effort helps develop farmers market in mid-Michigan Updated: Aug-18-15 6:37 am
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - A federal effort to support Native American communities has helped develop a farmers market in mid-Michigan.
- Vancouver police parking lots safe places for online buys Updated: Aug-17-15 3:16 pm
VANCOUVER, Washington - Five police parking lots in Vancouver and Clark County are now available as safe places where people making online purchases can meet potential buyers or sellers.
- QVC owner Liberty buying Zulily in about $2.3 billion deal Updated: Aug-17-15 2:10 pm
NEW YORK - Zulily, which offers flash sales of products like toys and children's clothing geared to young moms, now has a parent.
- Northern Indiana farm sells for $2.95 million at auction Updated: Aug-17-15 4:07 am
NEW PARIS, Indiana - An auction house says a 209-acre farm in northern Indiana has sold for $2.95 million, or more than $14,000 per acre.
- Inmates say they worked for free for jail officials Updated: Aug-16-15 4:35 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Former inmates at a privately run Nashville jail say they worked without pay building bean-bag "cornhole" games, plaques shaped like footballs, birdhouses and dog beds so that officials could sell them through their personal business at a flea market.
- Tradition comes to end: Rome Trade Day Flea Market closes Updated: Aug-15-15 1:44 pm
ROME, Georgia - Kenneth Wheeler used to crawl through a hole in a fence to get to the Rome Trade Day Flea Market.