- Latest on flooding: Arkansas highway near Texas flooded Updated: May-29-15 10:17 am
9:10 a.m. (CDT)
- 1 person reported dead in western Pennsylvania house fire Updated: May-29-15 10:08 am
KITTANNING, Pennsylvania - One person has been found dead in a house fire in rural western Pennsylvania.
- Cause of death, fire still under investigation in Greene Co. Updated: May-29-15 9:53 am
BRAVE, Pennsylvania - Authorities were still trying to determine what caused a house fire in rural southwestern Pennsylvania, and exactly what killed the woman found dead in the blaze.
- SIU-Edwardsville says worker killed repaving campus road Updated: May-29-15 9:50 am
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - Officials at Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville say a construction worker has died while repaving a road on campus.
- Suicide bomber strikes Shiite mosque in Saudi, killing 4 Updated: May-29-15 9:42 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A suicide bomber blew himself up in the parking lot of a Shiite mosque in eastern Saudi Arabia during Friday prayers, killing four people in the second such attack in as many weeks claimed by the Islamic State group.
- Magnitude-6.7 quake strikes remote area off Alaska coast Updated: May-29-15 9:41 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A strong earthquake has struck in a remote region off the Alaska coast, but officials say there is no tsunami threat or immediate reports of damage.
- 2 dead in Interstate 75 crash in South Florida Updated: May-29-15 9:27 am
PEMBROKE PINES, Florida - A recent graduate of American Heritage High School and a 29-year-old man were killed in a chain-reaction crash on Interstate 75 late Thursday near Pembroke Pines.
- India's heat wave tests water supply; death toll over 1,800 Updated: May-29-15 9:21 am
HYDERABAD, India - Dizzying temperatures caused water shortages in thousands of Indian villages and killed hundreds more people over the past day, driving the death toll from a weekslong heat wave to at least 1,826, officials said Friday.
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in school bus accident; no students on board Updated: May-29-15 9:02 am
WALLKILL, New York - Police say a collision between a school bus and a garbage truck in the Hudson Valley has left one person dead and another seriously injured. There were no students on the bus.
- Canadian woman dies after motorcycle hits deer Updated: May-29-15 8:50 am
ALADDIN, Wyoming - A Canadian woman is dead after the motorcycle she was riding hit a deer in northeastern Wyoming.
- Yavapai County Sheriffs arrest man for vehicle arson, fraud Updated: May-29-15 8:48 am
PHOENIX - The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office has arrested a 24-year-old man accused of arson and fraud for setting his own vehicles on fire.
- NY man convicted in 1992 ax murder charged in fatal arson Updated: May-29-15 8:35 am
SYRACUSE, New York - A Syracuse man convicted of killing his roommate with an ax more than 20 years ago has been charged in a fire that killed a man.
- Flash flood watch in effect for much of Arkansas Updated: May-29-15 8:29 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for much of Arkansas following heavy rainfall across the state.
- Police: Man purposely crashes into car containing children Updated: May-29-15 8:24 am
KINGSPORT, Tennessee - Police say a Kingsport man intentionally slammed his car into a vehicle that had his son and stepchildren inside.
- Central Pennsylvania tree trimmer killed in bucket collapse Updated: May-29-15 8:05 am
CAMP HILL, Pennsylvania - A central Pennsylvania tree trimmer is dead after being hit by a collapsing bucket lift being used by a co-worker.
- Police: Motorcyclist killed in collision with minivan Updated: May-29-15 8:02 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - Police say a western New York motorcyclist has died in a collision with a minivan driven by a woman who was under the influence of alcohol.
- Volcano erupts in southern Japan, spewing ash high into sky Updated: May-29-15 8:01 am
TOKYO - A volcano erupted in spectacular fashion on a small island in southern Japan on Friday, spewing out rocks and sending black clouds of ash 9 kilometers (5.6 miles) into the sky. Authorities told people on the island to evacuate.
- Officials eye river levels in Texas, with focus on Houston Updated: May-29-15 7:59 am
HOUSTON - Officials are closely monitoring the levels of rivers in Texas engorged by the deluge of last weekend.
- Man, 22, drowns after falling in Indiana reservoir Updated: May-29-15 7:52 am
CICERO, Indiana - Authorities say a 22-year-old man has been found dead in an Indiana reservoir after he fell in the water while not wearing a lifejacket.
- Authorities: 2 dead, 1 hurt after early-morning house fire Updated: May-29-15 7:26 am
MUSKEGON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say two people are dead and another is hospitalized following a house fire in western Michigan.
- 15 go to hospital after church bus crash in north Ga Updated: May-29-15 7:22 am
TOCCOA, Georgia - More than a dozen people went to a hospital after a church bus collided with a car in north Georgia.
- Hospital drill involves simulated medical helicopter crash Updated: May-29-15 7:06 am
NASHUA, New Hampshire - Southern New Hampshire Medical Center is conducting an emergency drill involving a simulated medical helicopter crash atop the hospital's parking garage.
- 4 still in hospital with boating accident injuries Updated: May-29-15 7:05 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - Authorities say at least four people remain in a hospital with injuries suffered in a boat accident on Cheat Lake Memorial Day evening.
- Strong storm knocks down trees, power lines Updated: May-29-15 6:53 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - A strong storm has taken down trees and power lines in southern New Hampshire and a lightning strike is believed to be the cause of a house fire in Peterborough.
- Driver died at hospital after collision, Omaha police say Updated: May-29-15 6:44 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Police say a 21-year-old Omaha man has died after a collision between his pickup and a sedan.