- Officers in S. Ore. shoot, wound 2 suspects Updated: Mar-07-14 2:20 am
- Woman charged in NH fatal hit-and-run crash Updated: Mar-07-14 1:49 am
- Chevron pizza 'scandal' isn't one in small town Updated: Mar-07-14 1:07 am
- Residents frustrated at lack of nuke dump details Updated: Mar-07-14 12:43 am
- Mix of weather brings flooding, slides to Montana Updated: Mar-06-14 10:53 pm
- Disabled Canadian ship arrives at Pearl Harbor Updated: Mar-06-14 9:52 pm
- Fire chief says Detroit apartment blaze was arson Updated: Mar-06-14 9:22 pm
- Inmate pleads guilty to murder, avoids execution Updated: Mar-06-14 9:10 pm
- Juvenile arrested in North Dakota high school fire Updated: Mar-06-14 8:44 pm
- Natural gas explosion caused fire, fatal collapse Updated: Mar-06-14 8:37 pm
- Ky. sues crew of barge that collapsed bridge Updated: Mar-06-14 8:25 pm
- Driver killed in multi-vehicle crash in Wilmington Updated: Mar-06-14 8:09 pm
- NE Indiana fire kills 2 men, including rescuer Updated: Mar-06-14 7:44 pm
- 2 Phoenix police officers suffer smoke inhalation Updated: Mar-06-14 7:43 pm
- Man sought in suburban Denver condo arson fire Updated: Mar-06-14 7:19 pm
- Man accused in fatal crash barred from driving Updated: Mar-06-14 7:15 pm
- La. flood control authority membership debated Updated: Mar-06-14 6:58 pm
- Man turns self in following fatal hit-skip crash Updated: Mar-06-14 6:46 pm
- Teen struck by dump truck in W. Pa. Updated: Mar-06-14 6:41 pm
- Coroner: Haley Howard drowned Updated: Mar-06-14 6:29 pm
- Driver dies as truck hauling hamburger crashes Updated: Mar-06-14 6:07 pm
- Plane makes emergency stop due to unruly passenger Updated: Mar-06-14 5:58 pm
- Man accused in fires at vacant Medford homes Updated: Mar-06-14 5:56 pm
- Official says accused principal came recommended Updated: Mar-06-14 5:46 pm
- Missouri woman charged in good Samaritan death Updated: Mar-06-14 5:44 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - Law enforcement officers in this southern Oregon city shot and wounded two people in a pickup truck Thursday after the truck drove straight at officers who had been following it, ramming an occupied police SUV, a police spokesman said.
NASHUA, New Hampshire - A New Hampshire woman has been charged in connection with a fatal hit-and-run crash.
BOBTOWN, Pennsylvania - Critics are raging after an energy giant offered pizza coupons to a community near a natural gas well that exploded last month, killing a worker.
CARLSBAD, New Mexico - Residents and local officials voiced frustration Thursday with the amount of information being released by the U.S. Department of Energy about a radiation leak last month at the nation's only underground nuclear waste dump.
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A mix of winter weather and warming temperatures across the state led to avalanches, treacherous driving conditions, school delays and widespread flooding Thursday.
PEARL HARBOR, Hawaii - A Canadian refueling ship disabled by an engine fire pulled into Pearl Harbor under tow Thursday morning with nearly 300 sailors aboard.
DETROIT - A fire that destroyed a Detroit apartment building and forced some adults and children to leap from second- and third-floor windows was intentionally set, a city arson official said Thursday.
CASTLE ROCK, Colorado - An inmate pleaded guilty Thursday to first-degree murder in the beating death of a Colorado prison guard after prosecutors dropped their plan to seek the death penalty.
DICKINSON, North Dakota - Police in Dickinson say a juvenile has been arrested in connection with the Trinity High School fire, which authorities allege was started by the school's principal.
BALTIMORE - A fire department investigation concludes that a natural gas explosion caused a fire that heavily damaged an east Baltimore rowhouse and caused a wall to collapse onto the street, killing a boy who was walking by.
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky transportation officials are suing seven members of the crew of a cargo ship that struck and collapsed part of a bridge over the Tennessee River two years ago, causing millions in damage and diverting traffic for four months.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State Police say a man died after the car he was driving rear-ended another vehicle.
COESSE, Indiana - A man who re-entered a burning northeastern Indiana home to save his son-in-law died in the blaze along with the other man, a fire chief said Thursday.
PHOENIX - Two Phoenix police officers have been treated for minor smoke inhalation after responding to an apartment fire.
DENVER - Authorities are searching for a man who they say started a massive fire at a suburban Denver condo complex.
GOLDEN, Colorado - A man accused in a traffic collision that killed a sheriff's deputy has been barred from driving while he is free on bond.
NEW ORLEANS - Gov. Bobby Jindal will likely have another chance soon to chip away at the membership of a flood control board that sued more than 90 oil and gas companies whose decades of work in delicate coastal areas is being blamed for erosion of wetlands that form a natural hurricane buffer for New Orleans.
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis police say a man has surrendered following a hit-and-run crash that killed a 7-month-old boy ejected from his parents' car.
PITTSBURGH - A teenage girl has been struck by a dump truck near Pittsburgh.
NEW ORLEANS - The Orleans Parish Coroner's Office says 19-year-old Hayley Howard's official cause of death is drowning and that no foul play is suspected.
SALIX, Iowa - Authorities closed Interstate 29 in western Iowa after a truck veered off the freeway and caught fire.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Southwest Airlines flight made an emergency landing in Oregon because of an unruly passenger who demanded multiple glasses of wine, displayed gang signs he said were for Jesus and frightened the flight crew, according to federal court documents.
MEDFORD, Oregon - A suspect has been arrested in a series of arsons at vacant homes in Medford, police said Thursday.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A principal accused of setting fire to the North Dakota high school where he worked had passed background checks and came recommended by clergy and mentors in other states, a school official said Thursday.
ST. LOUIS - A Missouri woman has been charged with negligent homicide in the death of a man who pulled over to help after seeing her car crash on a northern Arkansas interstate.