- Garage fire sends 13 New Jersey firefighters to hospital Updated: May-07-15 3:58 am
HAMILTON, New Jersey - Officials are investigating a blaze that sent more than a dozen firefighters to hospitals in New Jersey.
- Strong quake rocks Papua New Guinea, local tsunami possible Updated: May-07-15 3:55 am
SYDNEY - A powerful earthquake rattled the South Pacific nation of Papua New Guinea on Thursday, prompting a tsunami warning for nearby coasts.
- 65-year-old man struck, killed by Amtrak train in Mebane Updated: May-07-15 3:52 am
MEBANE, North Carolina - Police say a 65-year-old man has died after being hit by an Amtrak train while crossing the railroad tracks on his daily walk.
- 1 dead, 4 injured after SUV flips, crashes into house Updated: May-07-15 3:50 am
CABELL COUNTY, West Virginia - West Virginia state police say one person is dead and four are injured after an SUV rolled over three times and crashed into a home.
- Woman fatally stabbed; suspect fleeing scene dies in crash Updated: May-07-15 3:49 am
GREEN COVE, Florida - Authorities say a Florida man who stabbed his girlfriend to death in front of her teenage daughter has died in a car crash after a high-speed getaway.
- Tornadoes destroy homes, injure at least 12 in Oklahoma Updated: May-07-15 3:44 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Authorities are set to survey the damage left behind after tornadoes swept across the southern Plains, overturning cars and destroying dozens of homes near Oklahoma City.
- 4 injured, 2 seriously hurt in 3-vehicle crash Updated: May-07-15 3:40 am
STANFORD, Kentucky - Police say alcohol was a factor in a three-vehicle crash injuring four, two seriously.
- Father drowns while saving stepdaughter in creek Updated: May-07-15 3:35 am
GRAHN, Kentucky - A Carter County man lost his life after saving his stepdaughter from drowning.
- Latest on severe weather: Injuries reported in Oklahoma Updated: May-07-15 2:38 am
- Car gets trapped in sinkhole after hitting fire hydrant Updated: May-07-15 2:04 am
LIBERTY, Missouri - A vehicle in Liberty became trapped in a sinkhole after it struck a fire hydrant.
- Thousands of Nepalese pray for earthquake victims Updated: May-07-15 1:37 am
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Thousands of people dressed in white offered prayers, flowers and lit incense at home and in temples Thursday as part of a Hindu ritual marking the end of a 13-day mourning period for those killed in the massive earthquake.
- No new information on Augusta woman missing in Nepal Updated: May-07-15 12:40 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The son of an Augusta yoga instructor missing in Nepal since the April 25 earthquake says there's no new information on the search for her.
- Philippine volcano ejects ash, but no violent eruption Updated: May-07-15 12:10 am
MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine volcano has spewed ash for the second time in less than a week but there were no signs of any imminent violent eruption, the country's chief volcano expert said Thursday.
- Brown lawns loom this summer in California Updated: May-06-15 9:59 pm
GARDEN GROVE, California - It was with more hope than accuracy that the founder of this Orange County city picked the name Garden Grove in 1874 for what was little more than an open plain under the Southern California sun.
- Humane Society: Mountain lion shot, killed in Omaha area Updated: May-06-15 9:56 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Authorities say a mountain lion was shot and killed in the Omaha area.
- Man charged after home explosion pleads not guilty Updated: May-06-15 9:41 pm
CANON CITY, Colorado - A man accused of sparking a natural gas explosion at his Canon City home in an attempt to kill himself has pleaded not guilty.
- Police car kills 2 New York City pedestrians on turnpike Updated: May-06-15 9:31 pm
SECAUCUS, New Jersey - State police say a police car struck and killed two people from New York City after they got out of their disabled vehicle on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Officials say tornadoes hit south-central Nebraska Updated: May-06-15 9:11 pm
ROSELAND, Nebraska - Officials in south-central Nebraska scrambled Wednesday to check on residents after a number of tornadoes hit the area.
- Driver charged in hit-and-run accident that killed boy Updated: May-06-15 8:55 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police have charged an East Hartford woman in connection with a fatal-hit-and-run accident that killed an 8-year-old boy last month.
- Dozens of homes destroyed by tornadoes in central Oklahoma Updated: May-06-15 8:55 pm
BRIDGE CREEK, Oklahoma - The Grady County Emergency Services director says dozens of homes have been destroyed by tornadoes on the outskirts of the Oklahoma City metro area.
- Man accused in Bellevue, Wash., stabbing death enters plea Updated: May-06-15 8:41 pm
SEATTLE - A man accused of fatally stabbing a woman in the Seattle suburb of Bellevue and setting fire to her apartment has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder and first-degree arson.
- Man facing 2nd-degree murder charges in Phoenix car crash Updated: May-06-15 8:38 pm
PHOENIX - Authorities say a man accused of driving impaired is facing two counts of second-degree murder after a fatal head-on crash in Phoenix.
- Oklahoma City airport terminal evacuated for 2nd time Updated: May-06-15 8:26 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A spokeswoman for Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City says the airport terminal is being evacuated a second time as strong storms that have produced tornadoes approached the area.
- Man gets 4 years in crash that killed friend Updated: May-06-15 8:26 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A Baltimore man who led police on a chase in Annapolis that ended with his car crashing into a tree and killing a friend has been sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Train hauling crude from ND oil patch derails, catches fire Updated: May-06-15 8:20 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - A train that derailed and caught fire early Wednesday in rural North Dakota was hauling crude from the state's oil patch, raising questions about whether new state standards intended to reduce the volatility of such shipments are sufficient.