- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week Updated: Apr-19-14 11:08 pm
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry Updated: Apr-19-14 10:58 pm
- 1 dead after solo-car crash in Loudoun County Updated: Apr-19-14 10:58 pm
- 600-acre fire burning on southern Arizona ranch Updated: Apr-19-14 10:29 pm
- 1 dead after boat strikes bridge on Calif. river Updated: Apr-19-14 10:01 pm
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche Updated: Apr-19-14 8:53 pm
- Task force seeks answers to earthquake increase Updated: Apr-19-14 8:40 pm
- Calif. man says he was on Everest during avalanche Updated: Apr-19-14 7:37 pm
- Body found after fire, gunshots reported in Eugene Updated: Apr-19-14 7:10 pm
- Utah toddler dies after being shot by sister Updated: Apr-19-14 6:56 pm
- Man pleads guilty in fatal Hall County crash Updated: Apr-19-14 6:40 pm
- Forest Service to host flood recovery meetings Updated: Apr-19-14 6:23 pm
- McEwen ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental Updated: Apr-19-14 6:01 pm
- Carriage horse foes picket Liam Neeson's NYC home Updated: Apr-19-14 5:46 pm
- Correction: Mudslide-Claims story Updated: Apr-19-14 5:46 pm
- Crews gaining control of blaze in southern Arizona Updated: Apr-19-14 5:46 pm
- Tenn. ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental Updated: Apr-19-14 5:31 pm
- Nebraska fire, water districts fight over hydrants Updated: Apr-19-14 5:31 pm
- Man arrested in connection with fatal hit-and-run Updated: Apr-19-14 5:26 pm
- 5-vehicle highway crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured Updated: Apr-19-14 5:22 pm
- Easter Bunny train sparks New Jersey brush fires Updated: Apr-19-14 5:17 pm
- Small plane crashes in Michigan field, killing 2 Updated: Apr-19-14 5:07 pm
- Holy fire ceremony draws thousands in Jerusalem Updated: Apr-19-14 5:04 pm
- Fox executive fired over Flight 370 charity email Updated: Apr-19-14 5:01 pm
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall Updated: Apr-19-14 4:47 pm
PERTH, Australia - A robotic submarine looking for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane continued to dive Sunday after completing about half of its search on the bottom of the Indian Ocean with no luck, prompting an official to express the urgent need to find something that can help solve the mysterious disappearance six weeks ago.
MOKPO, South Korea - After more than three days of frustration and failure, divers on Sunday finally found a way into a submerged ferry off South Korea's southern shore, discovering more than a dozen bodies inside the ship and pushing the confirmed death toll to 49, officials said.
LEESBURG, Virginia - Virginia State Police say a man is dead after a single-car crash in Loudoun County.
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Fire officials say a lightning-caused blaze hasn't threatened any structures but charred an estimated 600 acres on a large ranch in southeastern Arizona.
BRENTWOOD, California - Authorities say a man participating in a fishing competition was killed after a boat he was riding in struck a bridge on a Northern California river.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Search teams recovered a 13th body Saturday from the snow and ice covering a dangerous climbing pass on Mount Everest, where an avalanche a day earlier swept over a group of Sherpa guides in the deadliest disaster on the world's highest peak.
WICHITA, Kansas - Supporters of the oil and gas industry are urging a three-member, governor-appointed task force to avoid jumping to conclusions in its study of whether man-made activity is causing a rise in earthquakes across south-central Kansas.
SANTA ROSA, California - A California man said he was on Mount Everest when an avalanche struck that killed at least 13 people.
EUGENE, Oregon - Police are investigating the death of a 27-year-old man whose body was found following a report of a fire at a Eugene house and possible gunshots.
LOGAN, Utah - A 2-year-old Utah boy has died after being accidentally shot by his 3-year-old sister with a rifle.
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - A Grand Island man accused of killing one of his passengers in a crash has pleaded guilty to four charges in a deal with prosecutors.
LONGMONT, Colorado - The U.S. Forest Service has scheduled two public meetings in Nederland and Lyons to discuss ongoing flood recovery efforts on National Forest System land.
MCEWEN, Tennessee - The deadly explosion at a McEwen ammunition plant was accidental, according to a preliminary investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
NEW YORK - Animal welfare activists picketing Liam Neeson's home on Saturday said they don't agree with him that the city's carriage horses should keep working.
EVERETT, Washington - In a story April 18 about a woman whose husband was killed in the Washington mudslide and who filed claims against the state and Snohomish County, The Associated Press erroneously reported the amount of those claims. The claims seek a total of $3.5 million, not $7 million.
SIERRA VISTA, Arizona - Firefighters have gotten a stronger hold on a wildfire burning near Sierra Vista in southeastern Arizona, allowing some crews to be released from duty.
MCEWEN, Tennessee - A preliminary investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has determined that a deadly explosion at a Tennessee ammunition plant was accidental.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A rural water district in southeast Nebraska and local fire departments are locking horns over the use of fire hydrants connected to the rural district's system.
THORNTON, Colorado - Police have arrested a 26-year-old man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run in Thornton.
OLD BRIDGE, New Jersey - One person was killed and another was injured in a central New Jersey crash that involved five vehicles.
POHATCONG TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - A train carrying the Easter Bunny in northwestern New Jersey has ignited several small brush fires.
VENICE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a small plane crashed in a Michigan farm field, killing the pilot and his passenger.
JERUSALEM - The dark hall inside Christianity's holiest shrine was illuminated with the flames from thousands of candles on Saturday as worshippers participated in the holy fire ceremony, a momentous spiritual event in Orthodox Easter rites.
NEW YORK - A veteran Fox executive who used her company email account to plan aid for loved ones of the missing Malaysian airplane's passengers has been fired.
DETROIT - General Motors waited years to recall nearly 335,000 Saturn Ions for power steering failures despite getting thousands of consumer complaints and more than 30,000 warranty repair claims, according to government documents released Saturday.