- Woman takes plea deal in alleged texting-while-driving death Updated: Jun-30-15 1:58 pm
ST. GEORGE, Utah - A woman accused of causing a fatal car crash when she was texting and driving has agreed to a plea deal.
- Church rebuilt after being destroyed by tornado has closed Updated: Jun-30-15 1:50 pm
JOPLIN, Missouri - Dwindling membership has led to the closure of a Joplin church that was rebuilt after being destroyed by a 2011 tornado.
- Report urges major steps to help victims of cardiac arrest Updated: Jun-30-15 1:39 pm
WASHINGTON - Would you know what to do if you see someone collapse, not breathing - a loved one at home, a co-worker at the office, a stranger on the street? Far too many Americans die of cardiac arrest, and now a major new report urges a national campaign to improve survival in part by making sure more bystanders know how to help.
- Crews hope to make strong gains against destructive wildfire Updated: Jun-30-15 1:35 pm
WENATCHEE, Washington - Officials battling a destructive wildfire in Washington expect to make strong headway Tuesday as they work to corral the flames.
- Oklahoma court urged to reverse death penalty in deaths of 3 Updated: Jun-30-15 1:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - A defense attorney says legal errors in the trial of a man who was sentenced to die for the 2010 deaths of a south-central Oklahoma woman and her two children warrant reversal of his death penalty.
- Police: Crash kills 2, injures 2 in central New York Updated: Jun-30-15 1:32 pm
GEDDES, New York - Authorities say two people are dead and two others are injured after a single-car crash in central New York.
- Tulalip man died while fighting brush fire Updated: Jun-30-15 1:06 pm
TULALIP, Washington - The Snohomish County Fire Marshal's office says a fatal brush fire on the Tulalip Indian Reservation spread from outdoor vegetation burning.
- Winds blow smoke from forest fires in Canada into Midwest Updated: Jun-30-15 1:05 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A haze blanketed much of the Midwest on Tuesday as strong winds carried smoke from forest fires in Canada thousands of miles to the south, prompting health warnings in at least two states.
- Oklahoma Transportation Commission OKs emergency work Updated: Jun-30-15 12:52 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Transportation Commission has declared an emergency to expedite nearly $3 million in contracts to repair damage caused by heavy flooding in recent weeks.
- Firefighters getting handle on Markleeville fire Updated: Jun-30-15 12:35 pm
MARKLEEVILLE, California - After nearly two weeks, a 28-square-mile blaze south of Markleeville in Alpine County is more than 55 percent contained.
- Flooding along River Raisin leaves roads, parks swamped Updated: Jun-30-15 12:32 pm
DUNDEE, Michigan - Flooding along the River Raisin in Monroe County left some roads and parks swamped on Tuesday as area residents and business owners took precautions to keep floodwaters from causing more damage.
- $50 million in claims for grasslands fire Updated: Jun-30-15 12:32 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Ranchers and landowners filed more than $50 million in damage claims over a prescribed burn that veered out of control and burned 16,000 acres in North Dakota and South Dakota.
- 2 injured when small plane crashes on Whidbey Island Updated: Jun-30-15 12:25 pm
WHIDBEY ISLAND, Washington - The Island County sheriff's office says two people were injured when their small plane crashed into a tree on Whidbey Island.
- Small earthquake recorded in Michigan, felt miles away Updated: Jun-30-15 12:20 pm
UNION CITY, Michigan - Geological experts say a small earthquake centered in southern Michigan has been felt in parts of the state.
- Little hope of survivors in Indonesian military plane crash Updated: Jun-30-15 12:14 pm
MEDAN, Indonesia - Rescuers with heavy machinery searched a shattered residential neighborhood Tuesday for any survivors from an Indonesian air force transport plane that crashed shortly after takeoff and killed more than 70 people.
- Eurotunnel service resumes after French ferry workers' block Updated: Jun-30-15 12:07 pm
CALAIS, France - Eurotunnel traffic has resumed after striking ferry workers blocked the railroad tracks leading to the Eurotunnel linking France and England, and train service across the Channel was suspended Tuesday.
- Police: 1 dead, 4 others injured in Niagara County crash Updated: Jun-30-15 12:02 pm
LEWISTON, New York - State police have released the name of a man who was killed in a three-vehicle crash in Niagara County that left four other people injured.
- 2-year-old dies at hospital after being found in family pool Updated: Jun-30-15 11:53 am
LAWRENCE, Nebraska - Officials say a 2-year-old girl has died after being found in a pool at her family's home in southern Nebraska's Nuckolls County.
- Disaster unemployment assistance available in Arkansas Updated: Jun-30-15 11:52 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Residents in nine Arkansas counties declared disaster areas because of recent storms, tornadoes and flooding may be eligible for disaster unemployment assistance.
- Runner struck and killed near Plymouth was cardiologist Updated: Jun-30-15 11:48 am
PLYMOUTH, Minnesota - The Hennepin County Medical Examiner says the man who was struck and killed by a car while running near Plymouth was a cardiologist.
- Fire officials: 1 dead in central Florida fire Updated: Jun-30-15 11:25 am
DAVENPORT, Florida - One person died in a mobile home fire in Davenport.
- Truck driver given citation 1 day before fatal I-75 crash Updated: Jun-30-15 11:12 am
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say a truck driver who slammed into numerous stopped cars outside of Chattanooga last week, killing six, had been cited for careless driving in Florida the previous day.
- Evacuations lifted as wildfire near historic mission slows Updated: Jun-30-15 11:12 am
LOMPOC, California - Firefighters are making headway on a wildfire that broke out in rural Santa Barbara County and forced the evacuation of about 1,200 people and their livestock.
- Officials release name of worker who died after shock, fall Updated: Jun-30-15 11:11 am
LOWELL, Michigan - Officials have released the name of a 30-year-old man who died after being shocked when a lift touched power lines in western Michigan.
- Trailer loses tire, sparks 7 fires in Tooele County Updated: Jun-30-15 10:59 am
TOOELE, Utah - Fire officials say the seven separate fires that sparked in Tooele County can all be connected to a trailer that lost its tire on a highway.