- Man found on fire outside London's Kensington Palace dies Updated: Feb-09-16 7:56 am
LONDON - British police say a man has died after being found on fire outside Kensington Palace, the London home of Prince William and his wife Kate.
- NY road closed while repairs are made to damaged rail bridge Updated: Feb-09-16 7:54 am
BALLSTON, New York - A section of a busy Saratoga County road has been closed as repairs are made to a railroad bridge that was hit by a garbage truck.
- The Latest: Drivers likely didn't see the other before crash Updated: Feb-09-16 7:42 am
BERLIN - The Latest on a train crash in Germany that has caused deaths and injuries (all times local):
- Police release name of worker killed in NY landfill accident Updated: Feb-09-16 7:27 am
SENECA FALLS, New York - Authorities have released the name of the worker who was killed last weekend in an accident at landfill in New York's Finger Lakes region.
- River Bend nuclear station to undergo special inspection Updated: Feb-09-16 7:25 am
ST. FRANCISVILLE, Louisiana - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission plans a special inspection at Entergy's River Bend nuclear station in St. Francisville, after an unplanned reactor shutdown on Jan. 9.
- Indian soldier buried by avalanche saved; 9 bodies recovered Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 am
SRINAGAR, India - An Indian soldier buried by an avalanche for six days in the Himalayan region of Kashmir has been found alive and was pulled from the snow, along with the bodies of nine other soldiers, officials said Tuesday.
- Sheriff: Man fatally shot by deputies after car chase Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 am
NEW ORLEANS - One man has died and a woman has been injured after a car chase ended with a deputies opening fire in New Orleans.
- Spain: Trash fire causes rail commuter chaos in Barcelona Updated: Feb-09-16 7:16 am
MADRID - Tens of thousands of commuters in the Spanish city of Barcelona suffered travel chaos Tuesday as smoke from a fire filled railway tunnels and forced authorities to suspend train service for several hours.
- Missouri police officer recovering after being struck by car Updated: Feb-09-16 7:03 am
KIRKWOOD, Missouri - A Rock Hill police officer is recovering after being struck by a vehicle in Kirkwood that fled and later crashed into a utility pole.
- Train crash in Germany kills at least 9, injures 150 Updated: Feb-09-16 7:01 am
BAD AIBLING, Germany - Two commuter trains crashed head-on Tuesday morning in a remote area in southern Germany, killing at least nine people and injuring some 150, some of whom had to be cut out of the wreckage and transported across a river for medical care, police said.
- Officials: Man hit by car remains critically injured Updated: Feb-09-16 6:56 am
EXETER, New Hampshire - Officials say a New Hampshire man remains in critical condition after he was hit by a car in Exeter.
- Police: Man killed in rollover crash in Coventry Updated: Feb-09-16 6:51 am
COVENTRY, Rhode Island - Police say a man was killed in a rollover crash in Coventry.
- Police: 4 die in roll-over crash in central New Mexico Updated: Feb-09-16 6:45 am
LEMITAR, New Mexico - Authorities say four people are dead including a young mother and her toddler after their vehicle was involved in a roll-over crash in central New Mexico.
- Welder injured in blast at oil patch facility near Killdeer Updated: Feb-09-16 6:44 am
KILLDEER, North Dakota - An explosion and fire at an oil and gas facility north of Killdeer over the weekend sent one person to the hospital.
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite Updated: Feb-09-16 6:32 am
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - Authorities say a 3-day-old boy has died from an apparent dog bite in northeast Ohio.
- Taiwan seeks detention of developers of toppled building Updated: Feb-09-16 6:30 am
TAINAN, Taiwan - Prosecutors have requested the detention of the developers of a high-rise apartment building in southern Taiwan that collapsed over the weekend following a strong earthquake, killing dozens of people, official media said Tuesday.
- Late-night fire damages commercial kitchen business in Fargo Updated: Feb-09-16 6:26 am
FARGO, North Dakota - Fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to a commercial kitchen in Fargo.
- Lancaster police office accidentally shoots himself Updated: Feb-09-16 6:03 am
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - A Lancaster police officer accidentally shot himself at the police shooting range.
- Woman charged with DUI after car found overturned in creek Updated: Feb-09-16 5:57 am
BLUFFTON, South Carolina - A Hardeeville woman has been charged with driving under the influence after she woke up in a creek in her upside-down car.
- Jury awards crash victim $1M after drunk-driving wreck Updated: Feb-09-16 4:53 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Richland County jury has awarded about $1 million in punitive damages to a woman injured in a car crash involving a repeat drunken driver.
- School bus crash in Englewood injures 7 students, driver Updated: Feb-09-16 4:37 am
ENGLEWOOD, Florida - A school bus crash has sent seven students and a bus driver to the hospital.
- Police: Man fatally run over by car that hit building Updated: Feb-09-16 4:22 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Police say a 35-year-old man has died after being run over by a vehicle that crashed into a building in downtown Wichita.
- Several animals perish in Maine mobile home fire Updated: Feb-09-16 4:08 am
NEW GLOUCESTER, Maine - Authorities say several animals died in a mobile home fire in Maine.
- Person struck, killed by train in Connecticut Updated: Feb-09-16 4:06 am
OLD LYME, Connecticut - Authorities say a train that was heading from New York to Boston fatally struck a person on train tracks in Connecticut.
- Oklahoma Forestry Services warns about high fire danger Updated: Feb-09-16 3:06 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Forestry Services says outdoor burning should be avoided due to high fire danger across the state.