- Driver in fatal trooper crash says accelerator was stuck Updated: May-25-15 4:04 pm
LONGMONT, Colorado - The driver accused of killing a Colorado State Patrol cadet and critically injuring a trooper claims he crashed into them after his car malfunctioned.
- Police: 3 kids injured when waterspout uproots bounce house Updated: May-25-15 4:04 pm
MIAMI - A waterspout uprooted an inflatable bounce house with three children inside it on a South Florida beach Monday, sending it flying above palm trees, across a parking lot and over four lanes of traffic, police said.
- BNSF Railway employee killed yard accident in Minneapolis Updated: May-25-15 3:59 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A BNSF Railway employee has died in a rail yard accident in northeast Minneapolis.
- Twister kills 13 in Mexico border city; 12 missing in Texas Updated: May-25-15 3:58 pm
CIUDAD ACUNA, Mexico - A tornado raged through a city on the U.S.-Mexico border Monday, destroying homes, flinging cars like matchsticks and ripping an infant from its mother's arms. At least 13 people were killed, authorities said.
- 3 die in head-on crash after driver, 16, crosses I-94 median Updated: May-25-15 3:50 pm
SHERIDAN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Southern Michigan authorities say three people were killed when a 16-year-old driver crossed the median on Interstate 94 and struck another vehicle head-on.
- 1 person dead in collision with fire department vehicle Updated: May-25-15 3:49 pm
REX, Georgia - Authorities say one person died when a vehicle hit a Clayton County fire vehicle that was working an earlier crash.
- Police say Va. toddler accidentally shoots self with handgun Updated: May-25-15 3:46 pm
LUNENBURG, Virginia - Police say a toddler accidentally shot himself after finding a loaded handgun on top of a dresser.
- Ascension and St. James could team on hurricane levee Updated: May-25-15 3:29 pm
GONZALES, Louisiana - Officials in Ascension and St. James parishes say they want to work together on a levee and pumps to shield their possible storm surge flooding.
- Thousands flock to mass funeral for Saudi attack victims Updated: May-25-15 3:22 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Tens of thousands of mourners poured into the streets of eastern Saudi Arabia on Monday to attend a mass funeral for victims of last week's suicide bombing attack at a Shiite mosque that was claimed by the Islamic State group, attendees said.
- Oklahoma man dies in crash in national park in South Dakota Updated: May-25-15 3:17 pm
WALL, South Dakota - An Oklahoma man was killed in a one-vehicle crash in a national park in South Dakota over the weekend.
- The Latest: Death toll from Mexico twister climbs to 13 Updated: May-25-15 3:04 pm
- Cottonwoods dotting Zion National Park dying out Updated: May-25-15 2:48 pm
ZION NATIONAL PARK, Utah - Cottonwood trees dotting the red rock landscape of southern Utah's Zion National Park could die out in 30 to 50 years, according to a National Park Service hydrologist.
- Woman killed in house fire in Elkins, 3 others rescued Updated: May-25-15 2:25 pm
ELKINS, West Virginia - Authorities are investigating a house fire in Elkins that killed a woman.
- Interstate 94 crash injures 3, shuts down interstate Updated: May-25-15 2:23 pm
DICKINSON, North Dakota - A head-on crash near Dickinson injured three people and shut down Interstate 94 for about 15 minutes.
- California looks Down Under for drought advice Updated: May-25-15 2:22 pm
SYDNEY - California's longest and sharpest drought on record has its increasingly desperate water stewards looking for solutions in Australia, the world's driest inhabited continent.
- Once vilified, BP now getting credit for gulf tourism boom Updated: May-25-15 2:20 pm
ORANGE BEACH, Alabama - With the Memorial Day holiday here, fallout from the oil spill that left Gulf Coast beaches smeared with gooey tar balls and scared away visitors in 2010 is being credited, oddly, with something no one imagined back then: An increase in tourism in the region.
- Galapagos Island volcano erupts first time in 33 years Updated: May-25-15 2:13 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - A volcano atop one of the Galapagos Islands has erupted for the first time in 33 years, threatening a fragile ecosystem that inspired Charles Darwin's theory of evolution.
- Arkansas first responders brace for more flooding Updated: May-25-15 1:56 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood watch for much of Arkansas and forecasters warn that overnight storms could cause more damage.
- Oklahoma emergency responders react to record rainfall Updated: May-25-15 1:44 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Emergency crews continued to perform water rescues Monday following record rainfall across Oklahoma, and forecasters warned the state to brace for even more water accumulation.
- Northbound I-75 in Detroit still closed after tanker fire Updated: May-25-15 1:25 pm
DETROIT - A section of Interstate 75 in downtown Detroit remains closed, a day after a tanker truck exploded and caught fire.
- Company lowers worst-case scenario for California oil spill Updated: May-25-15 1:19 pm
GOLETA, California - Plains All American Pipeline is downgrading the amount of oil it says spilled off a California coastline in a worst-case scenario.
- 6 people escape house fire in Kitsap County Updated: May-25-15 1:11 pm
BREMERTON, Washington - Six people, including a woman and her baby, have escaped a house fire in north Kitsap County.
- Flood threat eases in northeastern Colorado Updated: May-25-15 1:11 pm
STERLING, Colorado - The flood threat in northeastern Colorado has eased for now but residents in Logan County are being asked to remain alert because of additional storms expected during the week.
- Neighbor arrested after fire damages vacant, occupied homes Updated: May-25-15 1:08 pm
MCKEESPORT, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a neighbor was arrested after a fire that damaged a vacant home and an occupied structure next door.
- 2 killed, 1 injured in crash on wet highway in SW Wisconsin Updated: May-25-15 12:51 pm
TOWN OF EASTMAN, Wisconsin - Two people have died and another was critically injured in a two-car crash on a wet highway in Crawford County of southwestern Wisconsin.