- After derailment, feds order changes at NY railway Updated: Dec-06-13 3:50 pm
- Man acquitted in Kalamazoo fire that killed 3 kids Updated: Dec-06-13 3:47 pm
- Lawsuit settled over 2007 Conn. van drowning Updated: Dec-06-13 3:34 pm
- Des Moines suspends tornado sirens due to weather Updated: Dec-06-13 3:07 pm
- Pa. man charged in 4 deaths pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Dec-06-13 2:59 pm
- Correction: NYC Train Derailment story Updated: Dec-06-13 2:58 pm
- Syrian nuns taken by rebels appear in video Updated: Dec-06-13 2:57 pm
- Funerals held for 2 more NYC derailment victims Updated: Dec-06-13 2:49 pm
- Feds decline comment on DA's Rim Fire assertion Updated: Dec-06-13 2:41 pm
- Cuomo orders safety upgrades for NYC trains Updated: Dec-06-13 2:41 pm
- Vehicle crashes into LI food store; some injuries Updated: Dec-06-13 2:38 pm
- Fire damages Lewes, Del. hotel Updated: Dec-06-13 2:29 pm
- Pedestrian hit while crossing Del. street dies Updated: Dec-06-13 2:17 pm
- Storm, lower temperatures, move into Oregon Updated: Dec-06-13 2:17 pm
- Up to 7 inches of snow falls in southern Indiana Updated: Dec-06-13 2:13 pm
- Pa. woman jailed, charged with burning beau's home Updated: Dec-06-13 2:13 pm
- Indy woman pleads to child neglect in son's death Updated: Dec-06-13 2:10 pm
- Wintry storm smacks Ark.; power out, roads slick Updated: Dec-06-13 2:09 pm
- Newspaper: Feds stymied probe into fire deaths Updated: Dec-06-13 2:08 pm
- NM sheriff's sergeant still in critical condition Updated: Dec-06-13 2:06 pm
- Sunday's Dallas Marathon canceled due to ice storm Updated: Dec-06-13 2:02 pm
- Bad weather impairs search for missing plane Updated: Dec-06-13 1:47 pm
- Cat emerges alive from rubble of burned shelter Updated: Dec-06-13 1:23 pm
- Mother, infant critical after California home fire Updated: Dec-06-13 1:17 pm
- 93 Canadian National train cars derailed Updated: Dec-06-13 1:17 pm
NEW YORK - Federal transportation officials issued an emergency order Friday for Metro-North Railroad to immediately put extra operators on lines that have major speed changes, including the one where a speeding commuter train derailed this week, killing four people.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - A jury has acquitted a young man of all charges in a fire that killed three children last winter in Kalamazoo.
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The families of a woman and three children who drowned when a van rolled into a Bridgeport pond in 2007 have settled a lawsuit against the dealership that sold the van.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Des Moines is suspending its monthly test of tornado sirens because of the cold weather.
PHILADELPHIA - A man who allegedly struck and killed a Philadelphia woman and her three young sons while drag racing has pleaded guilty to federal charges in an unrelated ambulance fraud case.
NEW YORK - In a story Dec. 5 about legal liability in a deadly Metro-North Railroad derailment, The Associated Press misidentified a lawyer who represented a Staten Island Ferry pilot involved in a 2003 wreck. He is Alan Abramson, not Andrew Abramson.
BEIRUT - A group of Syrian Greek Orthodox nuns reportedly seized by rebels from a convent near Damascus denied in a video broadcast Friday that they had been kidnapped and said they were being held in a safe place.
COLD SPRING, New York - Two more funerals were held Friday for victims of the New York City train derailment, including one for a sound and lighting expert who died while heading to work on the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.
SONORA, California - Federal prosecutors have declined to address a district attorney's claim that they intend to prosecute the hunter who allegedly started the Rim Fire that raged through Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Foothills.
ALBANY, New York - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has told New York City transit officials to adopt several safety changes following the deadly derailment of a commuter train.
OCEANSIDE, New York - Police on Long Island are reporting multiple injuries after a vehicle crashed into a Trader Joe's store.
LEWES, Delaware - The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating a fire that damaged a hotel in Lewes.
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Delaware State police say a man who was struck by a minivan while crossing a street in Wilmington has died.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A winter storm accompanied by plunging temperatures hit Oregon on Friday.
INDIANAPOLIS - Schools and businesses were closed Friday and roads were treacherous after a storm dropped several inches of snow throughout central Indiana. Two people were killed in crashes blamed on the storm.
NEW CUMBERLAND, Pennsylvania - A woman has been jailed on charges she purposely burned down her boyfriend's home in southeastern Pennsylvania.
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis woman has pleaded guilty to felony child neglect in the death of her 7-year-old son in an apartment fire that police say was sparked by a methamphetamine lab.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Freezing rain, sleet and snow brought most of Arkansas to a near standstill Friday as roads iced, trees toppled and power lines fell.
PHOENIX - State workplace safety officials investigating the June deaths of 19 firefighters in an Arizona blaze were blocked by federal authorities from interviewing another fire crew out of fear their statements would compromise confidential information.
BERNALILLO, New Mexico - Authorities say a Sandoval County sheriff's sergeant struck by a vehicle while directing traffic on Interstate 25 near the San Felipe Pueblo remains in critical condition.
DALLAS - This weekend's Dallas Marathon has been canceled after a North Texas ice storm snarled travel and left more than a quarter of a million homes and business without electricity.
BOISE, Idaho - Bad weather and a lack of new information are hindering the search for a private plane that disappeared Sunday in the mountains of central Idaho.
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Nearly a week after an eastern Kentucky animal shelter burned, crews have found a cat alive in the rubble.
MERCED, California - Fire officials say an infant and her mother are in critical condition after surviving a fire that killed her husband and two other children in California.
TWO HARBORS, Minnesota - Canadian National is investigating what caused a train loaded with iron ore pellets to derail in Two Harbors.