- Train crash in Germany kills at least 10, injures 80 Updated: Feb-09-16 12:45 pm
BAD AIBLING, Germany - Two commuter trains crashed head-on Tuesday in southern Germany, killing 10 people and injuring 80 as they slammed into each other on a curve after an automatic safety braking system apparently failed, the transport minister said.
- UN: Number of Haitians needing food aid spikes amid drought Updated: Feb-09-16 12:37 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - U.N. officials say the number of Haitians in need of urgent food aid has spiked as a drought is exacerbated by the El Nino weather pattern.
- Man driving more than 100 mph sentenced for fatal crash Updated: Feb-09-16 12:29 pm
WOODBURY, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey man who killed a woman after rear-ending a car while driving more than 100 mph has been sentenced to six years in prison.
- Florida woman killed after falling from truck on I-40 Updated: Feb-09-16 12:28 pm
MULBERRY, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say a Florida woman was killed when she fell out of a semitrailer and was run over by the vehicle's trailer on Interstate 40 in western Arkansas.
- The Latest: Death toll in German train crash up to 10 Updated: Feb-09-16 12:20 pm
BERLIN - The Latest on a train crash in Germany that has caused deaths and injuries (all times local):
- The Latest: Abducted girl ejected from SUV during crash Updated: Feb-09-16 12:09 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a reported abduction of a 2-year-old New Mexico girl (all times local):
- Obama declares 25 Texas counties federal disaster areas Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 am
AUSTIN, Texas - More than two dozen Texas counties are now eligible for federal help following deadly end-of-December blizzards and tornadoes.
- Intelligence chief: North Korea restarts plutonium reactor Updated: Feb-09-16 11:45 am
WASHINGTON - North Korea has expanded a uranium enrichment facility and restarted a plutonium reactor that could start recovering material for nuclear weapons in weeks or months, the U.S. intelligence chief said Tuesday in delivering the annual assessment by intelligence agencies of the top dangers facing the country.
- Vehicle strikes, kills teen pedestrian walking along road Updated: Feb-09-16 11:35 am
WASILLA, Alaska - A 15-year-old boy walking on a road near Wasilla was struck and killed Monday afternoon by a vehicle.
- Brockton boy dies month after fall through ice Updated: Feb-09-16 11:28 am
BROCKTON, Massachusetts - A 12-year-old Brockton boy who spent a month in the hospital after falling through the thin ice of a pond has died.
- New England digs out from latest storm; snow in Mid-Atlantic Updated: Feb-09-16 11:21 am
BOSTON - A wind-driven winter storm that brought blizzard conditions to Cape Cod fell short of forecast snowfall totals and spared the Northeast the widespread power outages that had been predicted.
- 7 in critical condition after casino bus crash in snowstorm Updated: Feb-09-16 11:11 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Seven people remain in critical condition following a charter bus crash that injured three dozen during Monday's snowstorm on Interstate 95 in Connecticut.
- Snow leads to hazardous road conditions in parts of Michigan Updated: Feb-09-16 11:06 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Snow is leading to hazardous road conditions in parts of Michigan, with crashes reported in the Ann Arbor, Flint and Saginaw areas as well as southwestern Michigan.
- Officials rule Everett chief wasn't drunk during fatal fire Updated: Feb-09-16 10:59 am
EVERETT, Washington - An independent investigation has found that the Everett fire chief was not drunk the night of a fatal fire on New Year's Eve.
- Teen pleads guilty in fatal texting crash Updated: Feb-09-16 10:41 am
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - A teenage driver has admitted to texting before slamming into a van and killing a father and his 10-year-old daughter in Sherburne County.
- Man charged in October accidental shooting at Idaho gun show Updated: Feb-09-16 10:27 am
GARDEN CITY, Idaho - A Washington man has been charged in connection to an accidental shooting at a gun show in Garden City, Idaho.
- Fireworks possibly cause blaze at San Jose shopping mall Updated: Feb-09-16 10:26 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say fireworks from a Lunar New Year celebration may be to blame for a fire at a San Jose strip mall.
- Woman dies after being pulled from burning home near Ocala Updated: Feb-09-16 10:22 am
DUNNELLON, Florida - A woman has died after being pulled from a house fire in north Florida.
- Pedestrian struck, killed by pickup truck in Pryor Updated: Feb-09-16 10:18 am
PRYOR, Montana - The Bureau of Indian Affairs is investigating after a pedestrian was struck and killed by a pickup truck in Pryor.
- Police: Girl attacked by 2 pit bulls in Florida Panhandle Updated: Feb-09-16 9:53 am
NICEVILLE, Florida - A 3-year-old girl is recovering at a Pensacola hospital after two pit bulls attacked her while she was walking with her older sister and a friend.
- Body found in Iowa home after man resists rescue from fire Updated: Feb-09-16 9:52 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Police say the body of a man who resisted officers' rescue attempts has been found inside a fire-damaged Des Moines home.
- None hurt in small fire at Vegas airport baggage claim area Updated: Feb-09-16 9:49 am
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say no one was hurt after a small fire broke out at the Las Vegas airport's baggage claim area.
- Records fall as winter heat wave hits Southern California Updated: Feb-09-16 9:38 am
LOS ANGELES - Summerlike temperatures persist as Southern California experiences a mid-winter heat wave that's bringing down humidity levels and increasing the risk of wildfires.
- Pakistan army training aircraft crashes, 2 dead Updated: Feb-09-16 9:33 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's army says a training aircraft has crashed near Gujranwala in the eastern Punjab province, killing the instructor and trainee who were on board.
- Utah man injured in backyard mule deer attack Updated: Feb-09-16 9:23 am
DRAPER, Utah - Officials say a mule deer attacked a Utah man in his backyard, injuring the man and his dog.