- Train derails in northeast India, injuring dozens Updated: Apr-16-14 8:04 am
- Coroner: Carbon monoxide killed NE Pa. woman Updated: Apr-16-14 7:53 am
- Lake Village man killed in Desha County wreck Updated: Apr-16-14 7:53 am
- 2 Oklahoma women die in Kansas Turnpike accident Updated: Apr-16-14 7:28 am
- Baby born after deadly crash united with mother Updated: Apr-16-14 6:58 am
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster Updated: Apr-16-14 6:56 am
- NH dealing with some flooding, overnight storm Updated: Apr-16-14 6:38 am
- Iowa City fire damages several businesses Updated: Apr-16-14 6:32 am
- Flooding persists along rivers in western Michigan Updated: Apr-16-14 6:20 am
- 3 rescued from ship taking on water in New Orleans Updated: Apr-16-14 6:16 am
- Driver sought in crash that killed Marine Updated: Apr-16-14 6:05 am
- Baby lost in bombing chaos to be reunited with mom Updated: Apr-16-14 5:58 am
- SBA offers disaster help to Miss, La residents Updated: Apr-16-14 5:49 am
- Authorities: 2 dead in crash with wrong-way driver Updated: Apr-16-14 5:47 am
- If filed, plane lawsuits might not get heard in US Updated: Apr-16-14 5:29 am
- Saint Marys man dead in ATV accident Updated: Apr-16-14 5:16 am
- NM town hall to yield water recommendations Updated: Apr-16-14 5:05 am
- Poll: Residents sour on NJ's Sandy recovery effort Updated: Apr-16-14 5:05 am
- Sub makes 2nd dive to search for Malaysian plane Updated: Apr-16-14 4:44 am
- Man admits igniting estranged wife's apartment Updated: Apr-16-14 4:07 am
- Suspect held in hit-and-run that killed teen Updated: Apr-16-14 3:04 am
- Knabb, Fugate speak at US hurricane conference Updated: Apr-16-14 3:04 am
- Rains in northern New England add to flood threat Updated: Apr-16-14 2:04 am
- Coast Guard rescues 3 from ship taking on water Updated: Apr-16-14 1:47 am
- 2 ships collide, cargo ship grounded in Virginia Updated: Apr-16-14 1:46 am
GAUHATI, India - A passenger train derailed in northeastern India early Wednesday, injuring dozens of passengers.
WILKES-BARRE, Pennsylvania - A northeastern Pennsylvania coroner says a woman killed in a Wilkes-Barre fire died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
McGEHEE, Arkansas - Authorities say a backhoe operator was killed in southeast Arkansas when a truck crashed into him.
WICHITA, Kansas - Two women from Oklahoma died when their car collided with a pickup truck driven by a man going the wrong way on the Kansas Turnpike.
INDIANAPOLIS - A central Indiana woman who gave birth hours after she was badly hurt in a crash that killed her husband has been united with her daughter.
SEOUL, South Korea - A ferry carrying 459 people, mostly high school students on an overnight trip to a tourist island, sank off South Korea's southern coast on Wednesday, leaving nearly 300 people missing despite a frantic, hours-long rescue by dozens of ships and helicopters. At least four people were confirmed dead and 55 injured.
LEBANON, New Hampshire - Some roads in New Hampshire are flooded due to a combination of melting snow and rain, and an overnight storm that brought some light snow and ice has delayed some school openings.
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Several businesses have been damaged by a fire that ripped through a commercial building in Iowa City.
EVART, Michigan - Flooding is persisting along swollen rivers in parts of western Michigan as it eases in some other parts of the state.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued three crew members aboard a towing vessel taking on water and reportedly grounded in Lake Pontchartrain (PON'-chuh-train).
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Highway Patrol is looking for a vehicle that struck and killed a Marine from Alabama.
ABUJA, Nigeria - A baby lost in the chaos of the bus station bomb blast in Nigeria's capital is to be reunited Wednesday with her critically wounded mother, a Nigerian newspaper reported.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Southwest Mississippi residents and businesses affected by severe weather and flooding that occurred on March 28-29 can apply for low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
PLAINWELL, Michigan - Authorities say two people are dead following a crash involving a wrong-way driver on an Allegan County roadway after sheriff's deputies tried to stop the motorist.
BEIJING - Since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, some lawyers have claimed they can get several millions of dollars in damages for each lost passenger by taking the cases to the United States. But past lawsuits show U.S. federal courts are more likely to throw such cases out if the crashes happened overseas.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Saint Marys man has died in a one-vehicle crash involving an all-terrain vehicle.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Hundreds of New Mexico officials, business leaders and others are expected Wednesday to hash out recommendations for improving the way the arid state uses its water and plans for the future.
NEPTUNE, New Jersey - A new poll finds New Jerseyans are souring on how the state is handling Superstorm Sandy recovery efforts.
PERTH, Australia - As a robotic submarine dove into the ocean to look for lost Flight 370, angry Chinese relatives stormed out of a teleconference meeting Wednesday to protest the Malaysian government for not addressing them in person.
BENTON, Illinois - A southern Illinois man faces a July sentencing after pleading guilty to felony charges linked to his alleged attempt to kill his estranged wife in a fire.
PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida - An arrest has been made in a hit-and-run crash that killed a St. Lucie County teen.
ORLANDO, Florida - Emergency managers, forecasters and local government officials from Texas to Maine are meeting this week at the National Hurricane Conference in Orlando.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Heavy rains and melting snow and ice pushed rivers toward or above flood stage around Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine on Tuesday and flooded some roads in the region.
NEW ORLEANS - The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued three crewmembers aboard an uninspected towing vessel taking on water and reportedly grounded in Lake Pontchartrain.
NORFOLK, Virginia - Two vessels collided in a main shipping channel and a 751-foot cargo ship ran aground in the lower Chesapeake Bay on Tuesday in high winds gusting up to 70 mph, the Coast Guard said.