- The Latest: 2nd body found after North Texas floods Updated: Nov-27-15 12:04 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - The Latest on severe weather hitting parts of the U.S. on Black Friday (all times local):
- The Latest: Belgium extends detention of suspect's driver Updated: Nov-27-15 11:53 am
PARIS - The latest on the attacks in Paris and security alert in Brussels. All times local:
- Car crashes into AC Expressway toll plaza, catches fire Updated: Nov-27-15 11:37 am
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities say the cash toll lanes at the Atlantic City Expressway's Egg Harbor toll plaza are shut down after a car crashed into them and caught fire.
- Fire marshal: Seeping water caused radioactive dump blast Updated: Nov-27-15 11:35 am
LAS VEGAS - Rainwater seeping into corroded 1970s-era barrels buried at a radioactive waste dump caused an explosion last month at the long-closed facility about 110 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada's top fire investigator said.
- Burundi: Presidential adviser survives attack by gunmen Updated: Nov-27-15 11:29 am
KIGALI, Rwanda - Police and witnesses say an adviser to Burundi's president has survived an assassination attempt by gunmen who fired at his vehicle in the capital.
- Southwest Idaho a wildfire restoration lab for land managers Updated: Nov-27-15 11:27 am
MARSING, Idaho - Even before the smoke cleared last summer, scientists and resource specialists spread out across the blackened range of the Owyhee Mountains to assess the damage of the Soda Fire.
- Russia suspends visa-free travel with Turkey Updated: Nov-27-15 11:17 am
MOSCOW - Russia announced Friday that it will suspend visa-free travel with Turkey amid the escalating spat over the downing of a Russian warplane by a Turkish fighter jet at the Syrian border.
- The Latest: Austria reports drop in refugees coming from in Updated: Nov-27-15 11:15 am
ANKARA, Turkey - The latest on the mass movement of asylum-seekers and others seeking refuge in Europe. All times local:
- State police: No fatal investigates during holiday yet Updated: Nov-27-15 11:10 am
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say they have not investigated any fatal accidents so far during the holiday weekend.
- Officials say replenishing Grand Strand beaches years away Updated: Nov-27-15 11:03 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Horry County officials say tons of sand stripped from Grand Strand beaches during last month's storm won't be replenished for at least several years.
- Woman killed in Brooklyn hit-and-run, suspect arrested Updated: Nov-27-15 10:47 am
NEW YORK - Police say a 24-year-old Brooklyn man has been arrested after he struck and killed a pedestrian with his car and fled the scene.
- Attacking dogs still roaming Pine Ridge Indian Reservation Updated: Nov-27-15 10:46 am
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - In the year since the death of 8-year-old Jayla Rodriguez on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, little has been accomplished to keep community members safe from the kind of wild dogs that killed her.
- After accident, man meets stranger who helped save his life Updated: Nov-27-15 10:41 am
BURLINGTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey man who lost his leg in a motorcycle accident this summer had a surprise reunion this week with the stranger who police say helped saved his life.
- Officials say 1 killed, 2 hurt in apartment fire Updated: Nov-27-15 10:36 am
PLAINFIELD, Indiana - Officials say one person was killed by a fire at an apartment building for senior citizens in suburban Indianapolis.
- 1 person dies in house fire on Hilton Head Island Updated: Nov-27-15 10:35 am
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, South Carolina - Authorities say one person has died in an early-morning house fire on Hilton Head Island.
- Firefighters battle blaze at Berkeley Chinese restaurant Updated: Nov-27-15 10:30 am
BERKELEY, California - Firefighters in Berkeley are fighting a blaze at a Chinese restaurant that has served the community for three decades.
- Man charged with arson for fire that gutted BBQ restaurant Updated: Nov-27-15 10:25 am
CONWAY, South Carolina - A 47-year-old Andrews man faces charges for a fire that destroyed a popular barbecue restaurant in Myrtle Beach.
- Icy roads blamed in 2 western Kansas deaths Updated: Nov-27-15 9:11 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Freezing rain and high winds have hit Kansas, causing several accidents, including two fatalities.
- The Latest: Ice, flooding in Oklahoma forecast this weekend Updated: Nov-27-15 8:59 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The latest on wintry weather and heavy rainfall in Oklahoma (all times local):
- Nebraska teen died in Panhandle collision, patrol says Updated: Nov-27-15 8:54 am
GORDON, Nebraska - A 16-year-old boy has been killed in a collision at a Nebraska Panhandle highway intersection.
- Fatal car crash interrupts light rail service in Tempe Updated: Nov-27-15 8:36 am
TEMPE, Arizona - Authorities say one man is dead after a vehicle lost control and crashed into a pole on a light rail track in Tempe.
- Apartment building blaze displaces 7 residents Updated: Nov-27-15 8:24 am
MONTAGUE, Massachusetts - A fire has heavily damaged a western Massachusetts apartment house and displaced seven people.
- Alaska man dies after warning wife about house fire Updated: Nov-27-15 8:00 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 90-year-old man died in a morning house fire after waking his wife, giving her time to escape the flames.
- 2 people in West Texas killed in collision with trailer Updated: Nov-27-15 7:58 am
PAMPA, Texas - Two people have died in a two-vehicle crash in West Texas.
- Authorities probing, containing possible oil spill Updated: Nov-27-15 7:24 am
OWOSSO TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Shiawassee County authorities say they working to contain a potential oil spill from spreading toward the Shiawassee River.