- Va. motorcyclist dies in crash with police vehicle Updated: Mar-12-14 6:13 am
- FEMA extends Sandy housing aid in NJ Updated: Mar-12-14 5:47 am
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane Updated: Mar-12-14 5:40 am
- Army: Avalanche kills 4 soldiers in north Pakistan Updated: Mar-12-14 5:28 am
- Bad decade: Malaysia Airlines has catalog of woes Updated: Mar-12-14 4:55 am
- Disaster recovery workshops offered in Ill. towns Updated: Mar-12-14 4:06 am
- NC officials to assess damage from winter storm Updated: Mar-12-14 4:06 am
- Tax aid considered for disaster-destroyed homes Updated: Mar-12-14 3:37 am
- 1 man dead following South Florida warehouse fire Updated: Mar-12-14 3:05 am
- Navy: Pilot error caused crash in Washington field Updated: Mar-12-14 2:46 am
- San Francisco firefighters stop big blaze spread Updated: Mar-12-14 2:37 am
- Bus catches fire on I-5 north of Seattle Updated: Mar-12-14 1:50 am
- 4 injured in Wash. marijuana processing blast Updated: Mar-12-14 12:45 am
- Authorities: 26 cows killed in Nevada truck crash Updated: Mar-12-14 12:38 am
- 5.1 quake reported far off Oregon coast Updated: Mar-12-14 12:18 am
- Ohio toddler struck by car dies from injuries Updated: Mar-11-14 11:43 pm
- Punitive damages sought in texting-driver case Updated: Mar-11-14 10:32 pm
- Oklahoma Senate approves making looting a felony Updated: Mar-11-14 9:43 pm
- 2 found dead after Minneapolis home fire Updated: Mar-11-14 9:41 pm
- Euthanized: Ore. cougar blamed for animal kills Updated: Mar-11-14 9:20 pm
- Avalanche hits Washington state resort chairlift Updated: Mar-11-14 9:10 pm
- Police: 3 hurt when vehicle slams into shoe store Updated: Mar-11-14 9:02 pm
- North Dakota oil patch planners push for ferry Updated: Mar-11-14 8:58 pm
- Gov. appeals after feds deny chemical spill help Updated: Mar-11-14 8:47 pm
- 2 dead after I-81 crash in Williamsport Updated: Mar-11-14 8:31 pm
ABINGDON, Virginia - Police are investigating a fatal collision between a motorcycle and a Washington County Sheriff's Office vehicle.
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal Emergency Management Agency officials have extended temporary housing assistance for Superstorm Sandy victims in New Jersey by three months.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Malaysia asked India to join the expanding search for the missing Boeing 777 near the Andaman Sea - far to the northwest of its last reported position and a further sign Wednesday that authorities have no idea where the plane might be more than four days after it vanished.
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's military says an avalanche in the northern mountains has killed four soldiers while 22 others have been rescued after "heroic efforts" by the army.
HONG KONG - Within an industry notorious for impoverishing shareholders and irking customers, Malaysia Airlines has stood out for its years of restructurings and losses. The company now has global recognition of a far more unfavorable kind after one of its jets disappeared four days ago with 239 people aboard.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Workshops in two Illinois communities hit by tornados last fall will help community leaders learn how to lead recovery efforts.
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Teams of local and state emergency managers are beginning to assess damages from last week's winter storm to see if there is enough destruction to seek federal recovery funds for North Carolina.
DENVER - Colorado residents who lost their homes in last year's floods and wildfires still have to pay property taxes, but state lawmakers are trying to change that.
POMPANO BEACH, Florida - Investigators are trying to determine what caused a South Florida warehouse fire that left one man dead.
SPOKANE, Washington - Pilot error caused a training jet to crash into an Eastern Washington farm field last March, killing all three crew members aboard, the Navy said Tuesday.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco firefighters prevented a five-alarm fire from spreading from a condominium construction site to nearby buildings on Tuesday.
LYNNWOOD, Washington - The Washington State Patrol says a charter bus caught fire Tuesday evening on northbound Interstate 5 in the Lynnwood area, temporarily disrupting traffic. A patrol spokesman says all 21 occupants got off safely.
SEATTLE - Police in Seattle and Shelton, Washington, report that two residential explosions are believed to have been caused by a marijuana extraction process. Four young people were injured in the Shelton blast.
MINDEN, Nevada - The Nevada Highway Patrol reports that 26 cows were killed when a truck carrying cattle crashed in Minden.
COOS BAY, Oregon - A magnitude 5.1 quake has been recorded about 250 miles off the Oregon coast. Several people reported feeling the quake but there were no immediate reports of damage.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A 2-year-old boy has died of injuries he suffered after being struck by a car in Columbus.
LOS ANGELES - A man who was hurt in a Los Angeles accident he blamed on a texting driver is asking a California appeals court for permission to seek punitive damages, his lawyers said Tuesday.
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Senate has approved legislation that makes looting a felony in Oklahoma.
MINNEAPOLIS - Two people have been found dead following a fire at a home in Minneapolis.
EUGENE, Oregon - An Oregon wildlife biologist says a cougar blamed for killing two goats and several chickens over three consecutive nights at a Eugene residence has been captured and killed.
CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN, Washington - An avalanche that was intentionally triggered by the Ski Patrol brought down more snow than expected and wiped out a chairlift at the Crystal Mountain resort at Mount Rainier.
WAYNE, Pennsylvania - Police say a man suspected of being under the influence injured three people when he drove a late model Cadillac into a shoe store in the Philadelphia suburbs.
BISMARCK, North Dakota - To combat increased highway troubles, an oil patch-area planning group is pushing to ferry cars and trucks across Lake Sakakawea, a move they say will help relieve traffic and accidents on nearby highways.
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin is urging federal officials to reconsider denying extra financial assistance after a January chemical spill.
WILLIAMSPORT, Maryland - Maryland State Police troopers say two people have died following a three-car crash on I-81 in Williamsport.