- Financing closes for Evansville convention hotel project Updated: Aug-29-15 2:19 pm
EVANSVILLE, Indiana - Evansville tourism officials say they're excited that financing is now in place for a $60 million downtown convention hotel following a series of scuttled plans.
- Michelin recalls truck, RV tires prone to rupturing Updated: Aug-29-15 11:58 am
Michelin is recalling around 104,000 BF Goodrich tires used for light trucks and recreational vehicles because the sidewalls can rupture under severe use conditions.
- $50,000 business prize awarded to Detroit cycling studio Updated: Aug-29-15 9:43 am
DETROIT - A workout on wheels has been awarded $50,000 from Comerica Bank in a contest to reward entrepreneurs in Detroit.
- Gas boom brings successes, struggles to W. Va. communities Updated: Aug-29-15 9:40 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - When Linda Colliere opened up her six-unit motel in the small, remote Harrison County community of Shinnston 15 years ago, she never could have anticipated the influx of demand she would eventually receive.
- Getting kids interested in fruits, vegetables Updated: Aug-29-15 2:09 am
GREELEY, Colorado - When a farmer offered her a bag of baby carrots at the Greeley Farmers Market, 3-and-a-half-year-old Elizabeth Shaw wasn't interested. Her father, Jon, offered her a tiny, ripe tomato, but she turned her head. It wasn't until he flashed a bright orange bell pepper and knelt to the little girl's level that Elizabeth's curiosity peaked. Her big brown eyes widened and her little fingers carefully reached out toward the vegetable, as if it might bite.
- Tattered Cover's future owners settle into Colorado Updated: Aug-29-15 2:08 am
DENVER - Len Vlahos and his wife, Kristen Gilligan, dreamed of having their own little bookstore.
- Wynn earns key state approval for Boston-area casino Updated: Aug-28-15 11:29 pm
BOSTON - Wynn Resorts won a key state approval for its Boston-area casino late Friday, bringing the $1.7 billion project billed as the state's largest single private development another step closer to finally breaking ground.
- Rally, weather help South Dakota tourism rev along in 2015 Updated: Aug-28-15 6:22 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The South Dakota tourism industry is surging this year, spurred on by good weather, low gas prices and landmark events such as the 75th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, officials say.
- Seneca Indian Nation to expand Buffalo casino Updated: Aug-28-15 5:49 pm
BUFFALO, New York - The Seneca Nation of Indians says it will expand its Buffalo casino.
- Nevada casino win down 1 percent; July revenue a mixed bag Updated: Aug-28-15 3:34 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Baccarat revenues in Nevada casinos continue to disappoint, but better showings among slot machines are helping reduce the hit in state gambling revenues.
- Recalls this week: Rotary tools, mowers, bicycles Updated: Aug-28-15 2:07 pm
A line of rotary tools that can overheat and melt are among this week's recalled consumer products. Other products being recalled include mowers with leaky gas tanks and defective bicycles.
- Big Lots 2Q results top Street, lifts full-year guidance Updated: Aug-28-15 1:28 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Big Lots' fiscal second-quarter results beat analysts' estimates and the discount retailer boosted its full-year earnings outlook.
- Minatare signs preliminary agreement for beef plant Updated: Aug-28-15 1:23 pm
MINATARE, Nebraska - The city of Minatare has taken a big step toward construction of a beef processing plant that could bring an estimated 600 jobs to the Nebraska Panhandle community.
- Driver dead after crashing into Lebanon bakery parking lot Updated: Aug-28-15 12:44 pm
LEBANON, Indiana - A motorist has died and two other people have been injured after a crash at a central Indiana bakery's parking lot.
- Judge tosses lawsuits over supermarkets' 'baked fresh' bread Updated: Aug-28-15 12:37 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A judge has thrown out lawsuits filed by New Jersey consumers who said supermarkets fooled them into paying more for bread by advertising it was made fresh in their stores.
- Fast-food's new target: The snack attack Updated: Aug-28-15 10:52 am
NEW YORK - Forget the Big Mac attack. Now is the time of the snack attack.
- Rebuilding begins for CVS pharmacy set alight during unrest Updated: Aug-28-15 10:05 am
BALTIMORE - Demolition work has begun on a CVS pharmacy in Baltimore that was set on fire during the height of the unrest that rocked the city after the death of Freddie Gray.
- No injuries in fire at Producers Peanuts facility in Suffolk Updated: Aug-28-15 8:49 am
SUFFOLK, Virginia - Authorities say no one was injured in a fire that broke out at a Producers Peanuts facility in Suffolk.
- New plant, industry, jobs announced for Hancock County Updated: Aug-28-15 7:59 am
BAY ST. LOUIS, Mississippi - DAK Americas, a company that already operates the largest plastic-resin manufacturer in North America at Port Bienville Industrial Park in Hancock County, has announced a new manufacturing plant at the site that will produce 230 million pounds of polyester staple fibers a year.
- W.Va. attorney general warns of medical supply shipments Updated: Aug-28-15 3:02 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Attorney General Patrick Morrisey is warning consumers about out-of-state enterprises sending unsolicited order forms, medical supplies or medications to insurance customers without their consent.
- Toledo police are searching for 3 thieves who stole 3 Jeeps Updated: Aug-28-15 12:29 am
TOLEDO, Ohio - Toledo police are searching for three suspects who stole three Jeeps from the city's Chrysler Assembly Plant parking lot this past weekend.
- Oregon seeks proposals to open up to 17 new liquor stores Updated: Aug-27-15 9:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Liquor Control Commission voted Wednesday to accept proposals for up to 17 new liquor stores in the Portland metro area.
- Ruling could ease way for unionizing at fast-food chains Updated: Aug-27-15 6:40 pm
NEW YORK - It could be easier for unions to bargain for better pay and working conditions on behalf of millions of workers at McDonald's, Burger King and other fast-food chains after a National Labor Relations Board ruling on Thursday.
- Gov. Ige says early immigration screening is Hawaii priority Updated: Aug-27-15 6:26 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii Gov. David Ige said Thursday it's a top priority for Hawaii that the U.S. be able to process Japanese travelers for immigration and customs before they even get on a plane for the islands.
- Gap to end on-call scheduling Updated: Aug-27-15 6:21 pm
ALBANY, New York - Gap Inc. is ending its practice of requiring workers to remain on-call for short-notice shifts following an inquiry from New York's attorney general.