- Fiat Chrysler settlement with gov't could prove costly Updated: Jul-27-15 6:07 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler could be required to lay out hundreds of millions of dollars to get potentially defective Ram pickups and older Jeeps off the road under a deal with safety regulators to settle claims that the automaker mishandled nearly two dozen recalls.
- US appeals court rejects apartheid cases against Ford, IBM Updated: Jul-27-15 6:05 pm
NEW YORK - Victims of apartheid in South Africa cannot sue IBM Corp. and Ford Motor Co. in New York because they cannot show that the companies' alleged offending behavior occurred in the United States, a federal appeals court said Monday.
- State tells tribe: Prepare to end blackjack games at casinos Updated: Jul-27-15 5:31 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida and the Seminole Tribe of Florida seem headed for a showdown about the operation of the tribe's successful casinos.
- Mitsubishi, UAW to work together on buyer for Illinois plant Updated: Jul-27-15 3:50 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Mitsubishi Motors and the United Auto Workers said Monday that they will work together to look for a buyer for the central Illinois plant the company plans to close.
- Man gets jail term for armed robbery at electronics store Updated: Jul-27-15 3:38 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New York City man is headed to prison for his role in an armed robbery at a New Jersey electronics store in which five victims were tied up.
- New Parma club approved for Serie D after bankruptcy Updated: Jul-27-15 3:33 pm
PARMA, Italy - A new Parma club backed by pasta maker Guido Barilla and other business executives has been approved to compete in Serie D after the previous squad went bankrupt.
- Gas prices fall 2 cents to average $2.71 per gallon in RI Updated: Jul-27-15 11:20 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The price of a gallon of gas continues to fall in Rhode Island.
- Swiss army makes incursion into France for water for cattle Updated: Jul-27-15 10:31 am
PARIS - Swiss army helicopters have crossed the Franco-Swiss border in an unexpected incursion - to help thirsty Swiss cows.
- Maine gas prices fall 4 cents in past week Updated: Jul-27-15 10:11 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Gas prices in Maine have fallen 4 cents per gallon in the past week.
- Burger King's sales get another boost from Chicken Fries Updated: Jul-27-15 8:52 am
NEW YORK - Burger King got a boost from the return of its "Chicken Fries."
- China lifting ban on sales of video game consoles Updated: Jul-27-15 8:04 am
BEIJING - China is lifting its ban on sales of video game consoles to promote the industry and a new manufacturing zone in Shanghai.
- EXCHANGE: Spice rub founders expand their business Updated: Jul-27-15 7:52 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - The founders of Code 3 barbecue spice rub company have expanded their operations to 700 stores in 22 states and continue to donate a portion of their sales to first responders, Backstoppers, military organizations that assist veterans, Operation Homefront and Safe Call Now, a 24-hour suicide and crisis prevention hotline for first responders and military.
- Carmaker Tesla to open charging station outside Grand Rapids Updated: Jul-27-15 6:31 am
CASCADE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Electric car company Tesla Motors is opening a new charging station southeast of Grand Rapids.
- Ohio gas prices continue to fall with possible further drop Updated: Jul-27-15 6:29 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Falling gas prices are greeting motorists in Ohio as the work week gets under way.
- Virginia fair to begin online advance ticket sales Aug. 3 Updated: Jul-27-15 2:16 am
DOSWELL, Virginia - Online advance ticket sales for the State Fair of Virginia will begin Aug. 3.
- AAA Michigan: Gas prices fall 10 cents in past week to $2.62 Updated: Jul-27-15 2:10 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - AAA Michigan says gas prices statewide have gone down by about 10 cents in the past week, making it the third straight weekly decline by at least that amount.
- Gov't: Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back 500,000 pickups Updated: Jul-27-15 12:38 am
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler must offer to buy back from customers more than 500,000 Ram pickup trucks and other vehicles in the biggest such action in U.S. history as part of a costly deal with safety regulators to settle legal problems in about two dozen recalls.
- Hotel mini-boom comes to Alexandria/Pineville Updated: Jul-26-15 7:07 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Construction and renovation will bring at least an 18 percent boost to the number of hotel rooms in the Alexandria-Pineville area.
- US Virgin Islands to file violations against rum operations Updated: Jul-26-15 5:29 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - The U.S. Virgin Islands' environmental agency plans to file a violation order against two rum producers on St. Croix as residents of several communities complain of a black mold persistently staining their properties, cars and boats.
- Lancaster businesses look to Asia to grow tourism Updated: Jul-26-15 4:17 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - The tour bus pulls up at Amish Farm and House, and the guests file into the benches: women on the right, men on the left.
- Nevada leaders to get preview of Faraday Future car Updated: Jul-26-15 4:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - North Las Vegas is courting electric car maker Faraday Future to fill an abandoned factory site, but little is known about the company.
- Survey: US gasoline prices down a penny in the past 2 weeks Updated: Jul-26-15 2:42 pm
CAMARILLO, California - The average price of gasoline has dropped a penny over the past two weeks to $2.82 a gallon.
- SC-based Catawbas talk to Hard Rock for brand for NC casino Updated: Jul-26-15 12:59 pm
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - The chief of the Catawba Indian Nation said his tribe is negotiating with Hard Rock International to use the brand for a proposed casino in North Carolina.
- Poultry industry, government meet in Iowa on bird flu Updated: Jul-26-15 12:17 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bird flu that resulted in the deaths of 48 million chickens and turkeys has finally waned, but industry officials and government researchers will gather this week in Des Moines to discuss next steps if the virus returns this fall or next spring.
- Jekyll Island delays long-planned hotel for convention hub Updated: Jul-26-15 11:44 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - After nearly eight years of planning and failed deals with two developers, Jekyll Island has put off until next year finding a new partner to build a second hotel for its busy convention hub.