- Alcohol sales up in Va.; ABC sees record profit Updated: Dec-12-13 5:52 am
- Celebrity tutors thrive in grade-fixated Hong Kong Updated: Dec-12-13 2:28 am
- SKorea court: Apple didn't violate Samsung patents Updated: Dec-12-13 1:11 am
- List of 52 bus companies that feds shut down Updated: Dec-12-13 12:47 am
- NJ suspends PokerStars' online gambling plans Updated: Dec-11-13 7:16 pm
- Sriracha maker: California halting sauce shipments Updated: Dec-11-13 7:11 pm
- TCF to close a downtown Minneapolis branch Updated: Dec-11-13 7:08 pm
- Hilton IPO brings in $2.35B, outdoes Twitter Updated: Dec-11-13 6:53 pm
- Cuomo awards $715.9M in job grants to 824 projects Updated: Dec-11-13 6:41 pm
- EEOC, Hawaii retailer settle discrimination suit Updated: Dec-11-13 6:35 pm
- NJ suspends PokerStars online betting application Updated: Dec-11-13 6:14 pm
- Brazil gov't may backtrack on auto safety laws Updated: Dec-11-13 5:58 pm
- Iconic Adirondack hotel sold to NH-based company Updated: Dec-11-13 5:54 pm
- Critics prepare to oppose Hanalei Bay development Updated: Dec-11-13 5:01 pm
- Crude oil, gasoline prices fall; Metals end mixed Updated: Dec-11-13 5:00 pm
- 2 more racinos in Ohio mean more competition Updated: Dec-11-13 4:32 pm
- Study: Labor violations don't stop gov't contracts Updated: Dec-11-13 3:29 pm
- BMW 4-Series Coupe has fine handling Updated: Dec-11-13 3:17 pm
- FDA takes steps to phase out antibiotics in meat Updated: Dec-11-13 3:16 pm
- Vehicle rental fee OK'd at Portland airport Updated: Dec-11-13 3:11 pm
- Girls' coat recalled over strangulation risk Updated: Dec-11-13 2:59 pm
- ALUMA-FORM locating operations in Walnut Updated: Dec-11-13 2:56 pm
- Hooker Furniture President Alan Cole to retire Updated: Dec-11-13 1:28 pm
- Owner of recovered Ford Model A says 'no thanks' Updated: Dec-11-13 1:23 pm
- Sartori planning $14 million expansion/renovation Updated: Dec-11-13 1:14 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginians bought more alcohol in the state's beverage control stores and restaurants as the state agency saw a record profit in the last fiscal year.
HONG KONG - When the Hong Kong school year began in September, tutor Tony Chow arranged to have his face plastered on the sides of double decker buses to raise his profile.
SEOUL, South Korea - A Seoul court rejected Samsung's claim that iPhone and iPad models violated three of its patents, another setback for the South Korean electronics giant in a global battle with Apple over rights to technologies that power smartphones and tablets.
LOS ANGELES - Federal bus safety regulators announced that they have shut down 52 companies in what they describe as a major nationwide crackdown on unsafe carriers.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey casino regulators dealt a losing hand Wednesday to the world's largest online poker website, barring PokerStars from conducting Internet gambling in the state for two years.
LOS ANGELES - The Southern California-based maker of Sriracha says it can't ship any more of its popular hot sauces to food distributors until next month because the state Department of Public Health is now enforcing stricter guidelines.
MINNEAPOLIS - TCF Financial Corp. says it will close a downtown Minneapolis branch and 37 located in grocery stores in the Chicago area.
NEW YORK - Hilton is back, and in a big way.
ALBANY, New York - New York state awarded $715.9 million in grants Wednesday to spark job growth statewide by funding proposals such as high-tech mega-projects, major commercial developments and tourism.
HONOLULU - The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says a company that operates stores at Hawaii resort areas will pay $60,000 to settle a pregnancy discrimination lawsuit.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey casino regulators have barred the world's largest online poker website from Internet gambling in the state for two years.
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Brazilian government may delay "by one or two years" the implementation of a law requiring automakers to install frontal air bags and anti-lock braking systems in all new cars, the finance minister said Wednesday.
SARANAC LAKE, New York - An iconic 86-year-old hotel in the Adirondack village of Saranac Lake has been sold to a New Hampshire-based company that plans a $13 million renovation for the property.
HONOLULU - Proposed construction of luxury homes and a hotel in the hills above Kauai's Hanalei Bay is drawing opposition from residents and community organizations that say it will ruin the view of a ridgeline north of the Hanalei River.
Crude oil and wholesale gasoline prices fell Wednesday after the U.S. reported a big increase in supplies.
NORTHFIELD, Ohio - The gambling scene is on the verge of getting more crowded in Ohio.
WASHINGTON - The federal government awards billions of dollars in contracts each year to companies that routinely violate safety, health and wage regulations, according to a report released Wednesday that calls for stricter measures to hold federal contractors accountable.
Officials at German automaker BMW did a fine job differentiating their new-for-2014 smallish coupe from last year's 3-Series coupe.
WASHINGTON - Citing a potential threat to public health, the Food and Drug Administration is taking steps toward phasing out the use of some antibiotics in animals processed for meat.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Rental car customers at Portland International Airport can expect to pay a new fee next year, $6 a day for a maximum of four days.
WASHINGTON - A clothing company is recalling 756 girls jackets sold at Burlington Coat Factory stores in the U.S., saying drawstrings on the jackets pose a risk of strangulation.
WALNUT, Mississippi - Officials say ALUMA-FORM has broken ground on the company's new manufacturing facility in Walnut in Tippah County.
MARTINSVILLE, Virginia - Hooker Furniture Corporation President Alan Cole is stepping down next year.
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Remember that Ford Model A stolen from a Willow Valley resident this summer and recovered a few weeks ago?
ANTIGO, Wisconsin - The Sartori cheese company plans to spend $14 million to expand and renovate its plants in Antigo and Plymouth.