- NJ OKs new car dealer rule Tesla calls 'affront' Updated: Mar-11-14 9:46 pm
- California mulls how to regulate driverless cars Updated: Mar-11-14 8:36 pm
- Lawmaker: South Dakota needs more gambling info Updated: Mar-11-14 8:14 pm
- Motorized hang glider crash kills 2 on Kauai Updated: Mar-11-14 7:58 pm
- Arizona House rejects bill for 2nd time Updated: Mar-11-14 7:14 pm
- At tech fest: 3D printers, bitcoin and 'Titanfall' Updated: Mar-11-14 7:07 pm
- FDA halts production at Delaware cheese plant Updated: Mar-11-14 7:01 pm
- AP Source: Justice Department probing GM recall Updated: Mar-11-14 6:45 pm
- Caesars 4Q loss widens following impairment charge Updated: Mar-11-14 6:23 pm
- NJ MVC approves disputed new car dealer rule Updated: Mar-11-14 5:55 pm
- Bill would raise Ky.'s motor fuels tax rate Updated: Mar-11-14 5:25 pm
- Gas prices on the rise in Nevada Updated: Mar-11-14 5:20 pm
- US stocks end slightly lower for a second day Updated: Mar-11-14 5:19 pm
- Europe wants its Parmesan back, seeks name change Updated: Mar-11-14 4:34 pm
- US stocks edge lower; Teen retailers slide Updated: Mar-11-14 4:13 pm
- Mo. court rejects tax refund for grocery bakeries Updated: Mar-11-14 3:32 pm
- Power wholesaler Edison Mission clears bankruptcy Updated: Mar-11-14 3:22 pm
- Pros, cons of online gaming weighed by Mass. panel Updated: Mar-11-14 3:17 pm
- Feds investigating CVS over alleged missing drugs Updated: Mar-11-14 2:11 pm
- 5 arrests, 1 sought in slaying at Nye County dairy Updated: Mar-11-14 1:59 pm
- Del. panel recommends casino changes Updated: Mar-11-14 1:55 pm
- Kansas City club district facing 2nd lawsuit Updated: Mar-11-14 1:10 pm
- Stocks waver in midday trade; Teen retailers slide Updated: Mar-11-14 11:59 am
- Cuomo: 1st $11M payment made in Oneida Nation deal Updated: Mar-11-14 11:55 am
- Ohio Jeep plant hiring part-time workers Updated: Mar-11-14 11:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - State motor vehicle officials have approved a regulation that would require all new car dealers to obtain franchise agreements to receive state licenses, a move critics say will hurt the electric-car industry's attempts to expand.
LOS ANGELES - Sooner or later, consumers will be able to buy cars that rely on computers - not the owner - to do the driving.
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota lottery officials are proposing the state's first comprehensive study on gambling addiction in more than 15 years, but a legislator expressed suspicion that the review would be coming from an agency that stands to benefit by downplaying the harmful effects.
HONOLULU - Two people died Tuesday on Kauai in the crash of a motorized, seated hang glider owned by a company that markets itself to visiting travelers even though federal regulations prohibit the aircraft from being used for tours or thrill rides.
PHOENIX - The Arizona House of Representatives has for the second time voted down a bill that would have reduced income taxes to offset new collections from online sales.
AUSTIN, Texas - Bitcoin, 3-D printed candy and George Takei, the Star Trek-actor-turned-Facebook-phenomenon, are among the attractions this week at the South By Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, where the geek set is slowly filing out to make room for hordes of musicians descending on the city.
WASHINGTON - The Food and Drug Administration has halted operations at a Delaware cheese plant after an outbreak of listeria linked to the company's cheese killed one person and sickened seven others.
DETROIT - General Motors faced more pressure over its handling of a deadly defect in certain compact cars Tuesday as word leaked of a criminal investigation and two congressional committees opened probes into the matter.
LAS VEGAS - Caesars Entertainment Corp. on Tuesday posted a large quarterly loss after taking a hefty impairment charge.
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey motor vehicle officials have approved a new regulation that would require all new car dealers to obtain a franchise agreement in order to receive a state license.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky's motor fuels tax would rise under a bill advanced Tuesday by a key House committee, which endorsed restoring a higher rate in place last year to generate more revenue for transportation projects statewide.
LAS VEGAS - Nevada gas prices are on the rise as more motorists are hitting the road.
Without any big economic news or blowout company earnings to respond to, investors found little to get excited about Tuesday and sent the stock market lower for the second day in a row.
WASHINGTON - Would Parmesan by any other name be as tasty atop your pasta? A ripening trade battle might put that to the test.
Stocks are closing lower as a thin slate of economic news and corporate results left investors unwilling to drive up a market that hit three record highs last week.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Grocery store bakeries in Missouri must continue to pay tax on the utilities they use to warm their food.
CHICAGO - A federal bankruptcy judge in Chicago has given power wholesaler Edison Mission Energy the go-ahead to emerge from bankruptcy by selling most of its assets to NRG Energy Inc. for $2.6 billion.
BOSTON - The head of the state's gambling commission suggested on Tuesday that lawmakers hold off on key decisions about Internet gambling until after the panel completes the process of awarding casino licenses in Massachusetts.
MODESTO, California - Federal officials are investigating CVS over tens of thousands of prescription pain killers that they say have gone missing from four of the company's California pharmacies, a newspaper reported.
LAS VEGAS - Nye County sheriff's officials say an alleged gunman is sought on a murder charge and five relatives are being held pending immigration proceedings following the shooting death of a 25-year-old man last week at a dairy in rural Amargosa Valley.
DOVER, Delaware - A panel examining how to keep Delaware's casinos competitive voted Tuesday to recommend changes that could cost the state more than $20 million a year.
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two black men who say they were harassed and denied entrance into a downtown Kansas City entertainment district nightclub because of their race have filed a lawsuit against the district's owners.
Stocks are wavering in midday trading as investors evaluate a thin slate of corporate financial results and news that wholesale businesses increased their stockpiles in January.
ALBANY, New York - The Oneida Indians have made their first payment of $11 million under a deal with the state that guarantees the tribe exclusive territory for their central New York casino.
TOLEDO, Ohio - Chrysler plans to hire up to 1,000 part-time employees to give exhausted full-time workers a break at its Toledo Jeep assembly plant.