- Children sue a former state legislature over pornography videos Updated: Feb-11-16 5:46 pm
CHICAGO - Former Illinois state Rep. Keith Farnham has been sued by two children who say they appeared in pornographic videos he was sent to prison for downloading.
- Lawsuit: Principal was warned about volunteer's behavior Updated: Feb-11-16 5:43 pm
GLENARDEN, Maryland - A lawsuit filed against a public school system in Maryland claims that the predatory behavior of a volunteer, who is now facing criminal charges, was known by students and teachers and even reported to the school's principal.
- Lawsuit: Glenarden principal was warned about teacher's aide Updated: Feb-11-16 5:23 pm
GLENARDEN, Maryland - A lawsuit filed against Prince George's County Public Schools claims that the predatory behavior of a volunteer, who is now facing criminal charges, was known by students and teachers and even reported to the school's principal.
- Police: Child pornography offender ran youth sports video business Updated: Feb-11-16 10:38 am
GLENWILLARD, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a Pennsylvania man violated his probation for possessing child pornography by running a business that produced videos of youth sporting events.
- Army pays woman $820,000 to settle sexual harassment case Updated: Feb-10-16 8:01 pm
SAN DIEGO - The Army has paid $820,000 to settle a lawsuit by a former military police trainee who says she was fired after she filed a sexual harassment complaint against a supervisor, defense lawyers said Wednesday.
- Senate panel votes to hold website in contempt over sex ads Updated: Feb-10-16 4:38 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel voted on Wednesday to hold the classified advertising website Backpage.com in civil contempt for failing to comply with a congressional subpoena into how it screens ads for possible sex trafficking.
- Shepherdsville mayor resigns, new mayor elected at meeting Updated: Feb-10-16 11:12 am
SHEPHERDSVILLE, Kentucky - The mayor of Shepherdsville resigned and a new mayor was elected at the same meeting.
- Kansas lawmakers give 'revenge porn' bill a second look Updated: Feb-09-16 4:48 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are weighing legislation that would make it illegal to post photos or videos of a nude person online without his or her consent.
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Updated: Feb-09-16 3:33 pm
Coach Rick Pitino said Tuesday morning that he is still waiting to be interviewed by the NCAA about an escort's book allegations that a former Louisville staffer hired her and other dancers for sex parties at the team's dormitory.
- Attorneys file brief in flower shop owner's appeal Updated: Feb-09-16 12:57 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - Attorneys for a Richland flower shop owner who lost a lawsuit over her refusal to provide services for a same-sex wedding have filed a brief with the state Supreme Court.
- Activists demonstrate against sexual violence at Baylor Updated: Feb-08-16 11:28 pm
WACO, Texas - A candlelight vigil to protest Baylor University's response to campus sexual violence drew scores of demonstrators to the street in front of the university president's home Monday night.
- Tennessee AG appointed to investigate Durham allegations Updated: Feb-08-16 6:38 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A special House committee has voted to designate Tennessee's attorney general to investigate sexual harassment allegations against Republican state Rep. Jeremy Durham.
- Porn actress drops $500K assault lawsuit against Josh Duggar Updated: Feb-08-16 5:15 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A pornography actress has dropped her $500,000 assault lawsuit against reality TV personality Josh Duggar amid evidence that her claims were fabricated.
- Advocates plan trafficking awareness efforts ahead of RNC Updated: Feb-07-16 3:12 pm
CLEVELAND - Social service organizations and law enforcement agencies are planning a campaign to raise awareness of a possible increase in forced prostitution and labor trafficking while crowds are in Cleveland for the upcoming Republican National Convention.
- Tennessee, Georgia authorities crack down on sex trafficking Updated: Feb-06-16 3:21 pm
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Authorities say more than 20 people have been arrested on charges related to sex trafficking and online exploitation of children in Tennessee and Georgia.
- Utah legislators back plan to declare pornography a health crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 8:29 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A state senator in Utah wants to declare pornography a public health crisis, echoing an argument being made around the U.S. by conservative religious groups as pornography becomes more accessible on smartphones and tablets.
- Report: Captain drank with his Navy crew, harassed women Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former commanding officer could be dismissed from the Navy over numerous misconduct allegations after a night of heavy drinking with his crew while he was in charge of the guided missile cruiser the USS Anzio.
- Lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption Updated: Feb-05-16 3:54 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Two North Carolina lawmakers and a magistrate have asked a federal court to let them defend a religious exemption law involving civil marriages challenged as discriminatory against gays.
- Supreme Court says lawyer deserves more punishment Updated: Feb-05-16 4:50 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Supreme Court says a lawyer who was embroiled in a sex-scandal with a drug-addicted client deserves more punishment than a board's recommended 30-day suspension of his law license. The state's highest court on Thursday said Knoxville attorney Robert Vogel should have his law license suspended for a year.
- Teen's death 3 years ago a symbol of S. Africa's rape crisis Updated: Feb-04-16 10:51 am
JOHANNESBURG - A teenager's cruel death three years ago has become a symbol of gender violence and South Africa's continued struggle to curb sexual violence.
- Western retirees at Thai resort busted for playing bridge Updated: Feb-04-16 6:41 am
BANGKOK - Add aging Western bridge players to the list of desperadoes in Thailand's seaside resort of Pattaya, a sin city rife with prostitution, corruption and foreign and home-grown gangsters.
- Ex-teacher pleads guilty in unlawful sexual relations case Updated: Feb-04-16 3:40 am
OLATHE, Kansas - A former Olathe high school teacher accused of having sex with a 16-year-old student has pleaded guilty in the case.
- Proposed bill would allow prosecution of Kansas teachers Updated: Feb-03-16 4:33 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow teachers and school administrators to be prosecuted for presenting material perceived as harmful to minors.
- Utah conservatives vow to fight sex education bill Updated: Feb-03-16 2:15 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Democratic lawmaker is pushing a measure that would expand sex education in Utah schools, but the proposal is a longshot: conservative groups have already vowed to fight it.
- Deputy accuses of Multnomah sheriff of sexual harassment Updated: Feb-03-16 12:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A top deputy has filed a notice of her intent to sue Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton, alleging sexual harassment.