- Former Ky. officials paid to settle sexual harassment suit Updated: Jul-28-15 10:55 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A former Kentucky lawmaker and the former head of the Legislative Research Commission made payments to settle sexual harassment and hostile workplace lawsuits from three female legislative staffers.
- Rio de Janeiro prisons seek to protect transgender inmates Updated: Jul-28-15 1:59 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - When Estefanie Ferraz went to prison, she had been living as a woman for around a decade, had undergone more than half a dozen plastic surgeries including breast and cheek implants to enhance her feminine looks, and was saving up for a sex change operation.
- Missouri legislator accused by interns submits resignation Updated: Jul-25-15 2:47 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota submitted his resignation following allegations that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns, claims that the Democrat denied but that prompted party leaders to question his ability to serve.
- Missouri legislator accused by interns submits resignation Updated: Jul-25-15 12:11 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota submitted his resignation Friday following allegations that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns, claims that the Democrat denied but that prompted party leaders to question his ability to serve.
- Ex-UN climate panel head accused of stalking loses India job Updated: Jul-24-15 3:40 am
NEW DELHI - The former chairman of the U.N. climate panel has been removed from his job as head of a top energy institute in India following allegations of sexual harassment.
- McCaskill weighs in on Missouri senator's alleged harassment Updated: Jul-23-15 7:31 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill says Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota needs to "seriously consider" whether he can continue to serve after claims that he made unwanted sexual advances toward interns.
- Missouri Senate report: Intern claims sexual harassment Updated: Jul-22-15 7:38 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A former Missouri legislative intern claims a Democratic state senator sexually harassed her, made what she felt was a request for sex and retaliated when she refused, according to a Senate report released Wednesday. The lawmaker denied any inappropriate behavior.
- Missouri Sen. LeVota denies sexual harassment claims Updated: Jul-22-15 4:24 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri state Sen. Paul LeVota says allegations that he sexually harassed an intern are unfounded.
- Jack Link's to pay $50K to former Minnesota employee Updated: Jul-22-15 1:25 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Beef jerky maker Jack Link's has agreed to pay $50,000 to a former employee who quit after working several months at a Mankato facility because her supervisor made repeated sexual advances toward her.
- Police: Man downloaded more than 9,000 child pornography files Updated: Jul-22-15 8:05 am
SHELBYVILLE, Indiana - Authorities have arrested a central Indiana man who they say is the state's most prolific disseminator of child pornography.
- Report: Teen use of morning-after pill is climbing Updated: Jul-22-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - More than 1 in 5 sexually active teen girls have used the morning-after pill - a dramatic increase that likely reflects that it's easier now for teens to buy the emergency contraceptive.
- Details expected soon in legislative harassment lawsuits Updated: Jul-21-15 10:50 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky taxpayers may soon know how much they will pay to settle lawsuits filed by female legislative staffers claiming sexual harassment and a hostile workplace at the state Capitol.
- Birmingham mayor: Pleased to back pope's call to end slavery Updated: Jul-21-15 10:44 am
VATICAN CITY - The latest developments at the Vatican's meeting of mayors on fighting climate change and human trafficking. All times local.
- Yolo County sheriff cleared in sexual harassment case Updated: Jul-21-15 8:46 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A sexual harassment lawsuit filed by a Yolo County sheriff's deputy against Sheriff Ed Prieto has been dismissed.
- Cheating website Ashley Madison hacked, personal info posted Updated: Jul-20-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - The parent company of Ashley Madison, a matchmaking website for cheating spouses, says it was hacked and that the personal information of some of its users was posted online.
- Source: LeVota subject of intern's sexual harassment claim Updated: Jul-17-15 9:01 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The Missouri Senate reviewed a sexual harassment complaint against Sen. Paul LeVota after two college students abruptly left their internships at his office, a person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Friday.
- Inmate told chaplain he wasn't suicidal before killing self Updated: Jul-17-15 12:16 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio prisoner convicted of killing five people including a Bible studies teacher told a prison chaplain he was not suicidal before apparently hanging himself, records show.
- Woman in street harassment video sues director, organization Updated: Jul-16-15 11:07 pm
NEW YORK - A woman who was the centerpiece of a video about street harassment has filed a lawsuit against its director and the organization that put it out.
- University's response to sexual assault report investigated Updated: Jul-16-15 5:24 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The University of Tennessee is being investigated by federal authorities over a complaint about the university's response to a sexual assault report.
- Justice Department supervision of Allentown schools extended Updated: Jul-16-15 12:32 pm
ALLENTOWN, Pennsylvania - The Allentown School District is agreeing to an additional year's supervision of its handling of sexual harassment cases by the U.S. Justice Department.
- Middle school teacher caught with child pornography Updated: Jul-15-15 6:14 am
VANCOUVER, Washington - A Vancouver, Washington, middle school teacher accused of viewing and collecting child pornography online is facing federal charges.
- Kauai police to pay $100K to settle discrimination charges Updated: Jul-14-15 10:35 pm
HONOLULU - The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission says the Kauai Police Department will pay $100,000 to settle charges it unlawfully retaliated against a female police sergeant who reported she was sexually harassed.
- Hawaii Gov. David Ige vetoes bill to ban sex trafficking Updated: Jul-14-15 10:14 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii Gov. David Ige has vetoed a bill that would have created a victim-centered approach to combating sex trafficking in Hawaii, citing concerns that changes to the law could make it more difficult to prosecute pimps, a claim that advocates for sex trafficking victims dispute.
- Judge OKs agreement blocking Arizona law on revenge porn Updated: Jul-14-15 9:20 am
PHOENIX - A judge has signed off on an agreement permanently blocking a 2014 Arizona law that would have made it a crime for jilted lovers to post nude photos of their former partners online.
- Investigation into University of Kansas still unresolved Updated: Jul-13-15 3:53 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A federal investigation into the University of Kansas for its handling of a sexual assault complaint is still unresolved amid a national backlog of cases.