- New law in NY boosts outreach efforts for sex crime victims Updated: Nov-27-15 12:09 pm
ALBANY, New York - A new state law in New York will boost efforts to help the victims of child pornography and other sex crimes.
- Under fire, Pennsylvania attorney general plans email review Updated: Nov-25-15 3:10 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Senate moved a step closer on Wednesday to potentially removing the state's embattled attorney general from office, while she raised the possibility of criminal charges against others in a slowly unfolding scandal involving public officials exchanging sexually explicit or otherwise offensive emails.
- Court: Ex-porn star can't hang signs in schools Updated: Nov-24-15 1:40 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - A federal appeals court has ruled against a former pornography star turned math tutor, saying he doesn't have a free speech right to hang a sign advertising his tutoring business at three Florida schools.
- Court: Ex-porn star can't hang signs in schools Updated: Nov-24-15 9:51 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - A federal appeals court has ruled against a former pornography star turned math tutor, saying he doesn't have a free speech right to hang a sign advertising his tutoring business at three Boca Raton schools.
- DeMaio accuser sentenced to probation over threatening email Updated: Nov-23-15 8:11 pm
SAN DIEGO - An aide to former California congressional candidate Carl DeMaio was sentenced Monday to five years' probation for lying to federal investigators about a threatening email he wrote but said might have come from DeMaio, one of several allegations that rocked one of last year's most closely watched congressional races.
- Philly DA says training helped prosecutors named in scandal Updated: Nov-23-15 11:32 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia's district attorney says training in respect and workplace civility has benefited three staff prosecutors who were involved in a circle that exchanged sexually explicit and raunchy emails while working for the state attorney general's office.
- Norfolk man sentenced for case involving sex with minor Updated: Nov-23-15 6:00 am
MADISON, Nebraska - A Norfolk man has been sentenced to nearly a year in jail for an illicit relationship with a minor.
- Kansas gets 'C' grade in domestic minor sex trafficking Updated: Nov-23-15 3:56 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Vancouver, Washington-based nonprofit has given Kansas a grade of "C'' for its legislation addressing domestic child sex trafficking.
- Officials: New Mexico's weak child pornography law lures offenders Updated: Nov-22-15 6:36 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - A weak child pornography law in New Mexico is attracting offenders to the state, officials said.
- Dartmouth on track in implementing changes Updated: Nov-22-15 10:54 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - An outside review panel says Dartmouth College is on track in implementing an ambitious plan to overhaul its campus culture, and college officials say students are playing a significant role.
- 3 justices-elect assess high court's tarnished public image Updated: Nov-21-15 4:01 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - The past few years have been a difficult and sometimes humiliating period for the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, as one headline-grabbing scandal after another has scuffed its image and thinned its ranks.
- Teacher returning after suspension over student condom talk Updated: Nov-21-15 5:16 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - A Starkville High School teacher is returning to the classroom after being suspended over a student's vegetable-based presentation for how to properly put on a condom.
- Trial of 'Shield' actor will include talk of wife's affair Updated: Nov-20-15 6:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - The wife of an actor known for his role on "The Shield" was having an affair before she was fatally shot by her husband last year and a jury should be told about it, a judge ruled Friday.
- London police apologize for sex behavior of undercover cops Updated: Nov-20-15 8:28 am
LONDON - Scotland Yard has settled legal claims from seven female activists who said undercover police had formed "intimate sexual relationships" with them while investigating protest movements.
- NY man gets 40 years in prison for making child pornography Updated: Nov-20-15 3:01 am
ALBANY, New York - A former leader of a youth theater group in northern New York has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for producing, possessing and distributing child pornography.
- High school Sex Ed teaching 'Yes means yes' rape prevention Updated: Nov-20-15 1:03 am
BELMONT, California - This is the new look of high school sex ed: A roomful of teens, 14-year-olds mostly, is told that a girl and boy meet at a school dance. The boy drives her home. They kiss. What happens next, over the girl's protests, leaves him confused and her crying, no longer a virgin.
- Kansas mental health center denies sexual harassment claims Updated: Nov-19-15 3:59 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A mental health center in western Kansas denies allegations brought by one current and one former worker that it was aware that a former manager was a "serial sexual predator" who had inappropriate contact with clients and staff for almost 30 years.
- Pennsylvania court says pornography emails aren't public records Updated: Nov-19-15 3:53 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pornographic emails on computers at the Pennsylvania attorney general's office are not public records under the Right-to-Know Law, an appeals court ruled Thursday, but the judges said that doesn't stop the state's embattled top prosecutor from releasing them as she has vowed to do.
- Ex-Detroit leader doesn't want to pay up in harassment case Updated: Nov-19-15 6:06 am
DETROIT - An ex-Detroit City Council member accused of sexually harassing a young man while he was in office says he shouldn't have to pay $250,000 awarded by a jury.
- Lawmaker says harassment case from ex-staffer dismissed Updated: Nov-18-15 10:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Rep. Blake Farenthold says a harassment lawsuit filed by a former staffer has been dismissed.
- Jury awards $250K to man in suit against ex-Detroit leader Updated: Nov-09-15 6:59 pm
DETROIT - A jury on Monday awarded $250,000 to a young man who accused a former Detroit City Council member of sexually harassing him while he was in office and serving as a mentor.
- Ex-special ed teacher gets 4 years for possessing child porn Updated: Nov-09-15 4:22 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - A former special education teacher has sentenced to nearly 4 years in prison for possessing child pornography.
- University of Montana kicks off sexual assault summit Updated: Nov-09-15 11:52 am
MISSOULA, Montana - The University of Montana is hosting a three-day sexual assault summit to help educate members of the community on how to prevent sexual violence.
- Personnel records show years of complaints against officer Updated: Nov-06-15 8:01 pm
FOX LAKE, Illinois - An Illinois police officer who staged his suicide to make it look like he was murdered had a troubled job history, ranging from numerous suspensions to sexual harassment allegations to complaints that he intimidated an emergency dispatcher with guns, according to his personnel records.
- Burien man pleads guilty to fatally stabbing ex-wife Updated: Nov-06-15 3:22 pm
KENT, Washington - A Burien man has pleaded guilty to stabbing his ex-wife to death last year at a park-and-ride in Kent.