- Wrigley admits affair; says he may still run for governor Updated: Sep-01-15 10:10 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - North Dakota's Republican Lt. Gov. Drew Wrigley, who has been on a short list of strong contenders for governor, said Tuesday that he had an extramarital affair that had ended and he was still actively considering a run for higher office.
- US, Michigan State University reach deal over assault cases Updated: Sep-01-15 7:52 pm
DETROIT - Michigan State University's failure to timely address complaints of sexual harassment or assault contributed to a "sexually hostile environment," the federal government said Tuesday as it closed an investigation but also noted improvements at the East Lansing campus.
- Lawsuit: U of Illinois retaliated over sex harassment claim Updated: Sep-01-15 6:17 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A former University of Illinois graduate student is suing the school's board of trustees and others, claiming administrators retaliated against her for accusing a visiting researcher of sexual harassment.
- The Latest: Courser rips 'doctored' report, says he's target Updated: Aug-31-15 10:35 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The latest on the release of a report describing misconduct by two Michigan lawmakers who had an affair (all times local):
- Sex registry questioned after prep school grad's conviction Updated: Aug-31-15 6:08 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A graduate of an elite prep school who was convicted of having sexual contact with a 15-year-old classmate as part of a game of sexual conquest will be required to register as a sex offender for life, a punishment his lawyer likens to being branded and legal experts and reform advocates say exceeds the crime.
- UK releases student survey on campus safety Updated: Aug-31-15 5:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Seeking inroads in the fight against sexual violence, the University of Kentucky released a campus-wide survey Monday showing nearly 5 percent of its students indicated they were sexually assaulted in the past year and that many were reluctant to report attacks to campus authorities.
- Police: Dallas guard shoots wife after fight over infidelity Updated: Aug-30-15 5:40 pm
DALLAS - A security guard at a Dallas office tower is accused of murder after allegedly calling 911 and saying he shot his wife because he feared for his life.
- Hotel owners ordered to pay more than $1M in harassment case Updated: Aug-30-15 3:32 pm
PEOSTA, Iowa - The owners of an Iowa hotel have been ordered to pay two former employees who complained about sexual harassment more than $1.2 million.
- Family Crisis Shelter plans expansion in Williston Updated: Aug-30-15 10:58 am
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A shelter for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault in Williston is planning to more than double its size.
- Ashley Madison CEO steps down in wake of hacking Updated: Aug-28-15 4:19 pm
NEW YORK - The CEO of the company that runs adultery website Ashley Madison is stepping down in the wake of the massive breach of the company's computer systems and outing of millions of its members.
- School employee harassed by co-worker sues Portland district Updated: Aug-28-15 3:13 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Portland Public Schools employee who was harassed by a co-worker seeks $650,000 in a lawsuit against the district.
- Woman alleges sexual harassment at American Crystal Sugar Updated: Aug-27-15 7:07 pm
EAST GRAND FORKS, Minnesota - A North Dakota woman has sued American Crystal Sugar, alleging she endured years of sexual discrimination and harassment when she worked at the company's East Grand Forks plant.
- New Missouri court fines, sex ed laws set to take effect Updated: Aug-27-15 5:15 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Numerous new Missouri laws are set to take effect Friday, ranging from legislation addressing concerns about court fines raised after the fatal police shooting of a black 18-year-old in Ferguson to child-proof packaging for liquid nicotine used in electronic cigarettes.
- US senator: Cultural change needed to stop human trafficking Updated: Aug-27-15 2:50 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - While laws are changing to reflect the reality that child prostitutes are victims, cultural attitudes also need to change, U.S. Sen. Rob Portman said Thursday after hearing from experts and a survivor of child trafficking.
- Josh Duggar in rehab after admitting to pornography habit Updated: Aug-26-15 3:35 pm
NEW YORK - Days after he confessed to cheating on his wife and an addiction to pornography, Josh Duggar has entered rehab.
- Part-time Pennsylvania officer faces child pornography charges Updated: Aug-26-15 9:48 am
EMPORIUM, Pennsylvania - A part-time central Pennsylvania police officer has been charged with soliciting a 15-year-old for sexual acts and making child pornography.
- U of Minnesota president takes responsibility for hiring AD Updated: Aug-25-15 6:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - University of Minnesota president Eric Kaler says he takes "full responsibility" for hiring Norwood Teague as the Gophers' athletic director.
- Staffer re-hired after senator accused of harassment resigns Updated: Aug-25-15 5:51 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A Missouri Senate staff member was back at work Tuesday, a month after being fired by a senator who was facing allegations of sexually harassing interns.
- Los Angeles looks at harsher penalties for child sex buyers Updated: Aug-25-15 5:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - Officials in Los Angeles County are adopting a get-tough tactic to deter men from soliciting sex from girls who are forced into prostitution - charging them with crimes that could mean prison time and registration as a sex offender.
- Idaho man sentenced for sex trafficking in North Dakota Updated: Aug-25-15 8:10 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - An Idaho man who once won a battle against the federal government in the U.S. Supreme Court is now going to federal prison for sex trafficking in North Dakota.
- Topeka man gets 7 years in prison for child pornography Updated: Aug-25-15 2:31 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Topeka man has been sentenced to seven years in prison for child pornography.
- Indiana team that raided Fogle's home used mobile laboratory Updated: Aug-22-15 7:37 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - When they arrived at Jared Fogle's home last month, law enforcement officials were armed with more than a search warrant: They rolled up with a mobile forensics laboratory that has revolutionized how Indiana investigates child-exploitation and pornography crimes and helped make the state a national model.
- Man found guilty of posing as officer to coerce prostitutes Updated: Aug-22-15 9:11 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Westbrook man has been convicted of posing as a police officer to intimidate prostitutes into having sex with him for free.
- MLB, players' union announce domestic violence policy Updated: Aug-21-15 7:33 pm
NEW YORK - Major League Baseball can suspend players with pay when legal charges are pending in "exceptional cases" under a new domestic violence policy signed Friday.
- Ashley Madison faces $578M Canadian class-action lawsuit Updated: Aug-21-15 7:14 pm
TORONTO - Two Canadian law firms have filed a $578 million class-action lawsuit against the companies that run Ashley Madison after a hacker group's data breach exposed some 39 million memberships in the adultery website earlier this week.