- Corrections to pay $50,000 in sex harassment suit Updated: Apr-16-14 8:37 pm
- Rutherford: Dismiss sexual-harassment lawsuit Updated: Apr-15-14 6:37 pm
- Oklahoma AG files anti-discrimination lawsuit Updated: Apr-15-14 5:56 pm
- St. Louis police take new approach to 'johns' Updated: Apr-15-14 5:55 pm
- Correction: Adultery Law-Repeal story Updated: Apr-15-14 5:21 pm
- In a first, France tackles sex assault in military Updated: Apr-15-14 3:07 pm
- First women move into Army platoon artillery jobs Updated: Apr-15-14 12:31 pm
- House approves ethics reform Updated: Apr-14-14 8:19 pm
- 2 women sue Boise State over sex assault response Updated: Apr-14-14 7:55 pm
- Lt. Gov. Simon to raise sex assault awareness Updated: Apr-12-14 4:04 am
- McAllister video scandal revives talk of Vitter Updated: Apr-11-14 4:37 pm
- Grant helps Ohio group fight domestic violence Updated: Apr-11-14 10:52 am
- Prosecutors to challenge ruling to reinstate Reams Updated: Apr-11-14 6:41 am
- Ailing Puerto Rico open to radical economic fixes Updated: Apr-11-14 12:08 am
- Connecticut House backs campus assault measure Updated: Apr-10-14 6:58 pm
- UN approves force for Central African Republic Updated: Apr-10-14 5:07 pm
- Colorado bill cracking down on cyberbullying fails Updated: Apr-10-14 3:01 pm
- Women give Grimes blessing to keep donation Updated: Apr-10-14 12:02 pm
- DA: Child pornography found on laptop left for repair Updated: Apr-10-14 7:50 am
- Publishers: Keep sexual assault reports public Updated: Apr-09-14 7:01 pm
- Hawaii lawmakers plow through mountain of bills Updated: Apr-08-14 11:01 pm
- Ex-Tucson police officer files $2M claim vs city Updated: Apr-08-14 8:08 pm
- Va. 'sexting' probe implicates more than 100 teens Updated: Apr-08-14 4:53 pm
- Sex education conference at Seaside draws protest Updated: Apr-08-14 10:07 am
- Police say Iowa inmate sexually harassed others Updated: Apr-07-14 6:04 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation has agreed to pay $50,000 to settle a sexual harassment complaint filed on behalf of a cook at a youth facility.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Lawyers for Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford are asking a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit by an ex-employee alleging sexual harassment and forced political work on state time.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma's attorney general has filed an anti-discrimination lawsuit against a Miami restaurant and its owner over allegations of sexual harassment of employees.
ST. LOUIS - Men who prowl the streets of St. Louis for prostitutes can expect a brightly colored postcard in the mail - from police.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - In a story April 13 about a bill to repeal the state's law making adultery illegal, The Associated Press erroneously reported the subject of a planned criminal adultery complaint. A man tried to bring the complaint against his former wife's lover, not his former wife.
PARIS - France claims great success in recruiting women into its armed forces, boasting one of the world's highest percentages of women in uniform. What it hasn't done is work to prevent sexual assault and harassment once they get there.
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Under a canopy of trees on the edge of a large field, soldiers from Bravo Battery are lying in a circle as they pore over targeting charts. Nearby, others are preparing the howitzer cannons as helicopters swoop overhead. At the edge of the circle, the platoon leader watches as the field artillerymen go through their training exercise.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House lawmakers overwhelmingly approved sweeping changes to the Legislative Ethics Commission on Monday in an attempt to quell the political storm that erupted last week after the panel did not punish a former lawmaker accused of sexual harassment.
BOISE, Idaho - Two former Boise State University students are suing the school because they say athletic officials ignored their reports of sexual assault and harassment by a star athlete.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon is travelling to Peoria to raise awareness on sexual assault and domestic violence.
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The outcries from Louisiana Republican leaders calling for Rep. Vance McAllister to resign after he was caught on video kissing a married woman stand in sharp contrast to the muted GOP response seven years ago during Sen. David Vitter's prostitution scandal.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - An Ohio nonprofit group will use $250,000 in grant money to create a national online tool to help employers educate their workers to recognize signs of domestic violence.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's attorney general plans to challenge a judge's ruling that the continued suspension of the Rockingham County attorney is illegal.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Slash the number of public holidays by two-thirds. Eliminate dozens of government agencies. Legalize marijuana and prostitution.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers overwhelmingly approved legislation Thursday that would overhaul how college and university officials in the state respond to sexual assault and violence on campus.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. Security Council on Thursday unanimously approved a nearly 12,000-strong U.N. peacekeeping force for Central African Republic, where mounting violence between Christians and Muslims has brought killings, torture and sexual violence.
DENVER - A Colorado proposal cracking down on bullies who harass young people through text messages and social media has failed, shocking the bill's sponsor and prompting her supporters to say they will try again next year.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Two women at the center of a sexual harassment scandal told U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes to keep a $250 campaign donation from a former Democratic lawmaker accused of sexually harassing the two women at the state Capitol.
NEW YORK - A New York City man is under arrest after prosecutors say child pornography images were found on the laptop computer he had dropped off for repair.
BOSTON - An organization representing Massachusetts newspaper publishers is warning that a portion of a domestic violence bill designed to protect the identities of victims of rape, domestic violence and sexual assault could also shield the alleged perpetrators from public disclosure.
HONOLULU - Hawaii lawmakers plowed through a mountain of bills Tuesday in advance of a legislative deadline, moving swiftly through their work until they hit a sex education bill that drew criticism from gay rights opponents and generated a salty debate in the state House.
TUCSON, Arizona - A former Tucson police officer has filed a $2 million claim against the city, saying she was a victim of sexual harassment while on the force.
RICHMOND, Virginia - More than 100 central Virginia teenagers have been implicated in a six-county "sexting" investigation, authorities said Tuesday.
SEASIDE, Oregon - Dozens of people carried signs Monday protesting the Oregon Department of Education's Adolescent Sexuality Conference in Seaside.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Authorities in eastern Iowa say an inmate at a county jail sexually harassed other inmates.