- Former foundation director faces federal child pornography charges Updated: May-04-15 4:55 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The former executive director of an Indianapolis foundation faces federal charges of producing child pornography.
- Task forces suggests changes to handling sexual assaults Updated: May-04-15 1:40 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A University of Kansas task force is advising the school to establish an on-campus center for sexual assault prevention and education as part of a report recommending changes in how the college handles rape.
- Legislators dub 2015 General Assembly 'year of the child' Updated: May-03-15 12:08 pm
ATLANTA - A bill that would levy an annual $5,000 on strip clubs and fine pimps $2,500 to set up a fund for sexually exploited children is scheduled to be signed into law Tuesday by Gov. Nathan Deal, topping off what some legislators are calling the "year of the child" in the 2015 General Assembly.
- Indiana reaches out to truck drivers during HIV outbreak Updated: May-01-15 6:31 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana health officials dealing with an HIV outbreak in a rural county are urging truck drivers and others traveling through the outbreak area to avoid risky sexual behavior.
- Iowa community coalition aims to reduce teen pregnancy rates Updated: May-01-15 1:38 pm
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa - A coalition of entities serving youth and families in Marshall and Hardin counties has been meeting in response to 2012 public health data indicating that both counties bear some of the highest teenage pregnancy rates in Iowa.
- Inquiry says Canadian military culture is hostile to women Updated: Apr-30-15 7:52 pm
TORONTO - The Canadian Armed Forces perpetuates a sexualized military culture that is hostile to women and gay members, and harassment and assault are often tolerated by senior officers, according to a report released Thursday.
- House panel targets 'glaring management failures' at EPA Updated: Apr-30-15 4:21 pm
WASHINGTON - The chairman of the House Oversight Committee blasted the Environmental Protection Agency Thursday for what he called "glaring management failures" that included promoting a senior employee even though he had been accused of sexual harassment and allowing three other employees to continue working at the agency despite admitting they watched pornography on the job.
- WWU investigated over response to report of sexual violence Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The U.S. Department of Education is investigating Western Washington University over its response to a report of sexual violence.
- Manitowoc students say prom poster promotes sexist message Updated: Apr-30-15 12:51 pm
MANITOWOC, Wisconsin - Some students at a Manitowoc high school say posters put up in the halls a week before prom amount to "sex shaming."
- Arizona law on revenge pornography remains on hold as sides talk Updated: Apr-30-15 8:40 am
PHOENIX - Enforcement of Arizona's revenge pornography law remains on hold while lawyers for the state and the American Civil Liberties Union try to explore settlement opportunities.
- Sexual harassment lawsuit headed for mediation Updated: Apr-29-15 12:39 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A sexual harassment lawsuit involving a former lawmaker is headed to mediation.
- Lakeland pays woman at center of police sex scandal Updated: Apr-29-15 5:05 am
LAKELAND, Florida - The city of Lakeland has paid a woman at the center of a sex scandal at the Lakeland Police Department $28,500 to withdraw a complaint she filed with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging she was mistreated.
- Hawaii lawmakers tackle bill to ban sex trafficking Updated: Apr-28-15 9:30 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii is the last state in the nation without a comprehensive sex trafficking ban, and lawmakers are trying to shed that label.
- NC House wants to create crime making "revenge porn" illegal Updated: Apr-28-15 8:54 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - North Carolina lawmakers want to make it illegal for someone to post graphic sexual pictures online to intentionally embarrass or hurt another.
- Flower shop owner to appeal to state Supreme Court Updated: Apr-28-15 1:22 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - A flower shop owner in Richland who lost a lawsuit over her refusal to provide services for a same-sex wedding wants the state Supreme Court to review the case.
- Jamaica woman brings attention to rapes targeting lesbians Updated: Apr-28-15 11:17 am
KINGSTON, Jamaica - When Angeline Jackson and a friend were ambushed at gunpoint and sexually assaulted on a wooded trail outside the Jamaican capital, police initially seemed less concerned about the attack than the fact she is a lesbian.
- Prostitution crackdown in Vegas before big fight Updated: Apr-28-15 8:40 am
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas police will be increasing patrols this week as they expect a rise in prostitution because of fans descending on the city for the weekend's big fight.
- Indiana school revises policies after coach harassed players Updated: Apr-27-15 3:52 pm
LAPORTE, Indiana - A northern Indiana school district will revise its sexual harassment policies and increase training on how to initiate and investigate complaints as part of a settlement in a case involving a coach who had a sexual relationship with a player, the U.S. Department of Education announced Monday.
- Madigan continues push for campus sex assault protection Updated: Apr-27-15 12:52 pm
EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois - Victims of campus sex assaults in Illinois would have confidential university advisers to help guide them through the legal and medical systems under a legislative proposal that has passed the state House.
- 8 arrested in social media prostitution sting Updated: Apr-27-15 7:31 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The Lafayette Metro Narcotics Task Force arrested eight people in a prostitution sting.
- Professor 'mortified' after sending pornography link to students Updated: Apr-26-15 7:28 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia law school professor says she was "mortified" when she discovered that she had inadvertently sent students a link to a pornography site rather than an article about writing legal briefs earlier this month.
- HIV patients today 'can live long, healthy lives' Updated: Apr-26-15 4:06 pm
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Treatment of HIV positive patients has come a long way since the early 1980s, when it was considered a death sentence.
- Vermont Senate passes bill banning revenge porn Updated: Apr-24-15 11:43 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Senate lawmakers in Vermont have passed a house bill that would create criminal penalties for "revenge porn" - the sharing of explicit images of a person without consent.
- Ex-judge upholds NY Assembly harassment findings Updated: Apr-24-15 3:04 am
ALBANY, New York - A hearing officer has upheld findings that a former state assemblyman violated that house's sexual harassment policy while in office, rejecting his appeal.
- Petraeus sentenced to 2 years' probation for military leak Updated: Apr-23-15 6:22 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Former CIA Director David Petraeus, whose career was destroyed by an extramarital affair with his biographer, was sentenced Thursday to two years' probation and fined $100,000 for giving her classified material while she was working on the book.