- Correction: Logging Lawsuit story Updated: Dec-05-13 2:19 pm
- Allegheny forest snowmobile trails to open Dec. 21 Updated: Dec-05-13 9:58 am
- Park near Forest City closing during deer seasons Updated: Dec-05-13 8:40 am
- Ban on deer-dog hunting in Kisatchie is upheld Updated: Dec-05-13 6:45 am
- Ore. grade school kids eat de-icer pellets Updated: Dec-04-13 11:16 pm
- Lawmakers get divided testimony on lands transfer Updated: Dec-04-13 7:39 pm
- Slash piles to be burned in Shoshone Nat'l Forest Updated: Dec-03-13 5:05 pm
- New effort forms over Olympic National Forest Updated: Dec-03-13 4:37 pm
- Blunt, Smith cite concern over controlled burns Updated: Dec-03-13 3:38 pm
- Independent investigator for Black Forest wildfire Updated: Dec-03-13 1:02 pm
- Volunteers restoring forests destroyed by fires Updated: Dec-03-13 12:18 pm
- Another rash of car break-ins at Forest Park Updated: Dec-03-13 8:23 am
- 'Wardens' TV show cited for filming without permit Updated: Dec-02-13 1:39 pm
- $5 Christmas tree permits offered by NH forest Updated: Dec-02-13 6:35 am
- Elko County considers shutdown contingency plan Updated: Dec-01-13 4:38 pm
- White Mountain National Forest hosts mobile museum Updated: Dec-01-13 10:45 am
- Send-off planned for Army Reserve unit Updated: Dec-01-13 5:05 am
- US Forest Services releases report on Arizona mine Updated: Nov-30-13 4:31 pm
- New Adirondacks snowmobile trails stir conflict Updated: Nov-30-13 1:23 pm
- Burglars hit businesses in Portland suburbs Updated: Nov-29-13 8:22 pm
- 3 killings in forest near Flagstaff get new look Updated: Nov-29-13 3:58 pm
- Wyden: Federal regulation key to logging bill OK Updated: Nov-26-13 5:48 pm
- Ski resorts may be allowed to charge 'uphill' fee Updated: Nov-26-13 1:07 pm
- Congo's 'forest giraffe' on brink of extinction Updated: Nov-26-13 11:13 am
- Feds award Great Lakes area urban forest grants Updated: Nov-26-13 5:34 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - In a story Dec. 3 about a lawsuit challenging a timber sale outside Crater Lake National Park, The Associated Press reported erroneously the location of the Loafer timber sale. It is northwest of Diamond Lake, not east of the lake.
WARREN, Pennsylvania - The first day of winter will also mark the first day for snowmobiles in northwestern Pennsylvania's Allegheny National Forest.
FOREST CITY, Iowa - Thorpe Park west of Forest City in northern Iowa will be closed to traffic during the upcoming shotgun deer seasons.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The U.S. District Court has upheld the U.S. Forest Service's ban on hunting deer with dogs in the Kisatchie National Forest in a ruling on Nov. 27.
FOREST GROVE, Oregon - A school district official in Forest Grove, Oregon, says nearly a dozen first- and second-grade students ate de-icer pellets off the ground during a lunch-time recess. Five complained of stomach aches but all are expected to be OK.
BOISE, Idaho - A proposal by Idaho lawmakers to assume control of millions of acres of federal land statewide earned mixed reviews Wednesday, with supporters calling it an essential step to revitalizing rural economies and critics panning it as a financial boondoggle.
CODY, Wyoming - Shoshone National Forest officials say skies could get a bit smoky east of the Wind River Range in the days and weeks ahead.
SEATTLE - Several environmental and timber groups are forming a partnership to find ways to boost timber harvests in Olympic National Forest while also improving forest health.
ST. LOUIS - Sen. Roy Blunt and U.S. Rep. Jason Smith raised concerns Tuesday that controlled burns in the Mark Twain National Forest are destroying trees that could be used for Missouri's timber industry.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The Black Forest Fire Rescue Protection District Board of Directors is asking an independent investigator to review how the state's most destructive wildfire was handled after El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa and Black Forest Fire Chief Bob Harvey got into a dispute over handling of the wildfire and the ongoing investigation.
BASTROP, Texas - Volunteers by the dozens are helping to restore fire-ravaged pine forests in Central Texas after initial efforts stalled in the face of drought and hungry insects.
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis police are investigating another series of car break-ins at Forest Park.
HELENA, Montana - For the second time in three years, the producers of the cable TV show "Wardens" have been cited for filming on U.S. Forest Service land in Montana without a permit.
CAMPTON, New Hampshire - The White Mountain National Forest is offering $5 Christmas tree permits for people who want to cut their own trees.
ELKO, Nevada - Taking a cue from officials in Utah, Elko County officials are considering a plan to run U.S. Forest Service campgrounds and other federal recreation sites in the event of another government shutdown.
GORHAM, New Hampshire - A mobile museum that explores the history of forest land in northern New England and New York is hunkering down for the winter in New Hampshire's White Mountain National Forest.
FOREST PARK, Illinois - A farewell ceremony is planned for an Army Reserve unit from the Chicago suburbs that's on its way to Afghanistan.
TUCSON, Arizona - A planned copper mine in the Santa Rita Mountains near Tucson will cause negative impacts, but it's in line with nearly all environmental laws, according to federal forest officials.
INLET, New York - For Dick Rosteck, a new snowmobile trail through the Adirondacks is "the greatest thing since homemade apple pie" and volunteering his time to groom it with a tracked vehicle is a labor of love.
FOREST GROVE, Oregon - Law enforcement officers in Oregon's Washington County say Black Friday was black indeed for at least eight businesses in the west Portland suburbs. They found themselves the victims in smash and grab burglaries.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - The killings of three people shot at a campsite in the forest west of Flagstaff remain unsolved 14 years later, but Coconino County cold-case investigators haven't forgotten.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden on Tuesday unveiled his long-awaited bill to boost logging on federal lands in Western Oregon to help struggling timber counties.
ASPEN, Colorado - The growing popularity of strapping skins on skis and climbing uphill could soon come at a price at some ski areas.
GENEVA - The International Union for Conservation of Nature says Congo's national symbol, the okapi, is on the brink of extinction.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The U.S. Forest Service is awarding nearly $2.5 million worth of grants in six Great Lakes states for projects designed to improve urban forests and tree canopies in ways that will boost water quality.