- Governor announces funding to reopen sawmill Updated: Mar-07-14 5:11 pm
- Free activities at Kisatchie Forest Day next week Updated: Mar-07-14 4:06 am
- Ind. nature trust expands Owen-Putnam State Forest Updated: Mar-07-14 4:01 am
- Haley seeks storm disaster declaration for SC Updated: Mar-05-14 3:03 pm
- Ex-Hillsboro officer takes plea deal in shootout Updated: Mar-05-14 12:08 pm
- Obama wildfire proposal could help timber industry Updated: Mar-05-14 10:56 am
- NY judge rules for Chevron in Ecuador case Updated: Mar-04-14 6:37 pm
- Forest Service retirees oppose Idaho land swap Updated: Mar-02-14 4:52 pm
- Decommissioning of Forest Service sites mulled Updated: Mar-01-14 9:32 pm
- Northern Iowa voters to decide jail, office bond Updated: Mar-01-14 5:07 pm
- Tiny town outside Grand Canyon outlines its future Updated: Feb-28-14 7:28 pm
- NH student scientists find ozone drop helps pines Updated: Feb-26-14 12:43 pm
- No Oscar nod, no problem: Whitaker works on craft Updated: Feb-26-14 8:28 am
- NH Cooperative Extension seeks forest volunteers Updated: Feb-26-14 4:34 am
- Fire crew rescues Ore. college student in tree Updated: Feb-26-14 1:20 am
- Heavy snow takes toll on Minn. school bus garage Updated: Feb-25-14 6:08 pm
- Prescribed burn set for Pisgah National Forest Updated: Feb-25-14 4:05 am
- Agreement protects woods, rattlesnake habitat Updated: Feb-24-14 8:26 am
- Winter storm toll on SC forests may surpass 2004 Updated: Feb-22-14 10:04 am
- Wis. senator praises farm bill's timber provisions Updated: Feb-21-14 11:14 pm
- Snow King ski area near Jackson eyes expansion Updated: Feb-21-14 12:22 pm
- South Carolina law officer being remembered Updated: Feb-21-14 4:04 am
- Chelan County: 2 die in Forest Service road crash Updated: Feb-21-14 12:16 am
- Agency: Report clears chief in Black Forest fire Updated: Feb-19-14 10:16 pm
- Kellogg to use environmentally friendly palm oil Updated: Feb-18-14 5:41 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The governor announced Friday a $5 million funding package made up of tax credits and a state loan that will allow Josephine County's last sawmill to reopen.
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - The Kisatchie National Forest Day is set for March 15 as part of the month-long Central Louisiana Outdoor Adventure Festival.
POLAND, Indiana - State officials say funding from the Bicentennial Nature Trust has helped the Indiana Department of Natural Resources expand a central Indiana state forest by 84 acres.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley has asked President Barack Obama to declare almost half of South Carolina a federal disaster after last month's winter storm that caused at least $430 million in damage and left hundreds of thousands in the dark.
FOREST GROVE, Oregon - An off-duty Hillsboro police officer who exchanged gunfire with officers during a domestic dispute in Forest Grove has pleaded guilty to three counts of aggravated attempted murder.
APPLETON, Wisconsin - President Barack Obama has proposed using disaster funds to help fight wildfires to avoid draining forestry budgets, a move that could help boost Wisconsin's timber industry.
NEW YORK - A federal judge on Tuesday blocked U.S. courts from being used to collect a $9 billion Ecuadorean judgment against Chevron for rainforest damage, saying lawyers poisoned an honorable quest with their illegal and wrongful conduct.
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A group of about two dozen retired U.S. Forest Service employees has sent a letter to the U.S. Senate and Natural Resources Committee decrying a proposed northern Idaho land exchange.
VERNAL, Utah - The Ashley National Forest will hold four public meetings on a proposal to decommission a dozen recreation sites on its Vernal and Flaming Gorge ranger districts.
FOREST CITY, Iowa - Winnebago County voters will decide Tuesday the fate of a $5.25 million bond proposal that would fund a 20,000-square-foot jail and law enforcement office center.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A tiny town that credits its existence to the Grand Canyon has put together a 10-year wish list of sorts for recreation, public services, transportation and development.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - For more than two decades, an army of student scientists from kindergarten through high school have prowled New England's forests to collect data that University of New Hampshire researchers say link a healthier white pine forest to falling ozone levels.
Forest Whitaker isn't much bothered by being one of the season's biggest Oscar snubs.
DURHAM, New Hampshire - The University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension is looking for volunteers to help monitor the health of the state's forests and wildlife.
FOREST GROVE, Oregon - Firefighters in Forest Grove, Oregon, have rescued an 18-year-old Pacific University freshman who got herself stranded in a large redwood tree.
FOREST LAKE, Minnesota - Time and snow have taken their toll on a school bus garage in east-central Minnesota.
NEBO, North Carolina - The U.S. Forest Service has scheduled a prescribed burn for nearly 120 acres in Pisgah National Forest.
MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 54-acre tract of wooded land in Washtenaw County that's important to the River Raisin watershed and is a rattlesnake habitat is being protected from development.
SMOAKS, South Carolina - In the wake of the worst ice storm in South Carolina in a decade, the South Carolina Forestry Commission is out gauging the impact on the state's $17 billion timber industry.
APPLETON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's timber industry should benefit from the federal farm bill signed into law earlier this month and new funding in the nation's budget, said timber advocates and members of the state's congressional delegation.
JACKSON, Wyoming - A new master plan for Snow King Mountain Resort calls for expanding the ski terrain on the local ski hill just outside Jackson.
FOREST ACRES, South Carolina - The Forest Acres community is gathering to remember a law officer killed 40 years ago.
WENATCHEE, Washington - The Chelan County, Washington, sheriff says two men have been found dead near a wrecked Jeep off a snowy Forest Service road in the Derby Canyon area in the western part of the county.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - The fire department that first responded to a deadly wildfire in the Black Forest community says an outside investigation has cleared its chief of misconduct.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Kellogg Co. says it will buy palm oil only from companies that don't destroy tropical rainforests to produce the additive used in many processed foods.