- Report: Pennsylvania forests impacted by drilling Updated: Apr-18-14 11:19 am
- Bill Clinton jokes with Spacey at benefit concert Updated: Apr-18-14 9:31 am
- Brewer axes bill giving Tombstone fed land access Updated: Apr-17-14 9:40 pm
- List of agencies with fire restrictions grows Updated: Apr-17-14 7:34 pm
- Black Forest board changes firefighter jobs Updated: Apr-17-14 9:19 am
- Raytheon breaks ground for expansion Updated: Apr-17-14 9:16 am
- Flagstaff homeless site begins closing at night Updated: Apr-16-14 7:12 pm
- Idaho sues timber company over N. Idaho wildfire Updated: Apr-16-14 2:09 pm
- Forest Service urges bear safety in North Carolina Updated: Apr-16-14 9:37 am
- Northern Ariz. agencies to enact fire restrictions Updated: Apr-15-14 8:04 pm
- Fires prompt restrictions, pre-evacuation notices Updated: Apr-15-14 6:50 pm
- Man sentenced to life in Forest Acres killing Updated: Apr-15-14 7:28 am
- Northern Ariz. fire reaches 75 percent containment Updated: Apr-14-14 12:16 pm
- Food forest taking shape in Johnson City Updated: Apr-14-14 10:35 am
- Chile fire toll: 12 dead; 2,000 homes destroyed Updated: Apr-13-14 9:55 pm
- Mineral County to Forest Service: Cut more timber Updated: Apr-12-14 1:41 pm
- Oregon considers selling forest to benefit schools Updated: Apr-11-14 9:46 pm
- Bighorn National Forest plans spring burning Updated: Apr-11-14 7:04 am
- Conditions lead to higher fire danger in NM forest Updated: Apr-11-14 5:04 am
- Forest Grove, Ore., standoff ends in man's arrest Updated: Apr-10-14 11:11 pm
- Man suspected in California chase ID'd Updated: Apr-09-14 5:49 pm
- Groups negotiating to end megaloads lawsuit Updated: Apr-09-14 3:35 pm
- Sedona businessman fined for ropes training course Updated: Apr-09-14 1:44 pm
- Clarification: Mice-Lyme Disease story Updated: Apr-09-14 12:36 pm
- Review: 'Rio 2' dazzling but overloaded Updated: Apr-08-14 2:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - A small portion of Pennsylvania state forest land has been impacted by shale gas drilling, but many questions remain about how to manage the politically sensitive issue that is opposed by many residents, according to a new report.
NEW YORK - Near the end of the first half of Thursday's 25th Anniversary Rain Forest benefit concert at Carnegie Hall, chairwoman Trudie Styler introduced a man who recently learned he was going to be a grandfather, and out came former President Bill Clinton.
PHOENIX - Gov. Jan Brewer on Thursday vetoed a bill designed to allow the city of Tombstone to access federal land to repair its water system, saying the legislation had constitutional issues.
SPRINGERVILLE, Arizona - The list of agencies enacting fire restrictions in Arizona is growing.
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A part-time firefighter position is being eliminated and there will no longer be any paid firefighters at one fire station in Black Forest because of the high cost of an internal investigation.
FOREST, Mississippi - Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems has broken ground on an expansion at its Forest, Mississippi, facility.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Flagstaff's largest shelter for the homeless closed its nighttime services for the season Wednesday, meaning dozens are heading for the woods in and around the northern Arizona city in search of places to stay.
LEWISTON, Idaho - Idaho officials have filed a lawsuit against a timber company and its contractor contending they're responsible for a wildfire that killed a 20-year-old Forest Service firefighter and burned more than 300 acres in northern Idaho.
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The U.S. Forest Service is urging those who are outdoors in North Carolina to be careful around bears.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Parts of northern Arizona soon will be under fire restrictions.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - Authorities in southeastern Arizona put residents on notice Tuesday that they might have to evacuate because of a wildfire burning in the Huachuca Mountains. Meanwhile, officials in northern Arizona were preparing to enact fire restrictions about a month earlier than normal.
WINNSBORO, South Carolina - A man has pleaded guilty in the 2009 shooting death of a woman at a bank ATM near Columbia in 2009.
FLAGSTAFF, Arizona - A wildfire in the Coconino National Forest near Flagstaff near the Canyon Vista Campground has been downgraded and some of the assigned crews are being released for duty elsewhere.
JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee - A food forest is taking shape in Johnson City thanks to the help of volunteers.
VALPARAISO, Chile - A raging fire leaped from hilltop to hilltop in this colorful Chilean port city and stubbornly burned out of control in places more than 24 hours later, killing 12 people and destroying at least 2,000 homes. More than 10,000 people were evacuated, including more than 200 female inmates at a prison.
SUPERIOR, Montana - They're frustrated and disgruntled here in Mineral County, and they're not big fans of the United States Forest Service.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The state of Oregon will consider selling the whole Elliott State Forest, where legal battles over logging and protections for threatened species have reduced revenues for schools.
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - Firefighters on the Bighorn National Forest plan to conduct prescribed burns over the next several weeks. The burns could begin as soon as mid-April and continue through late spring.
ALAMOGORDO, New Mexico - The combination of dry, warm and windy weather has prompted the Lincoln National Forest in southern New Mexico to increase its fire danger rating.
FOREST GROVE, Oregon - Authorities say a man arrested at a Forest Grove, Oregon, used car business after a robbery attempt and an eight-hour police standoff previously served time in Washington state for second-degree murder.
WEOTT, California - Humboldt County authorities are trying to get a man suspected of striking and injuring a U.S. Forest Service official with his vehicle to turn himself in.
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Rivers United and the Nez Perce Tribe are in mediation with the U.S. Forest Service to end a lawsuit concerning megaloads on U.S. Highway 12 in northern Idaho.
SEDONA, Arizona - A Sedona businessman has agreed to pay a fine and restitution for conducting a ropes training course near Oak Creek Canyon without a permit and for damaging resources.
ALBANY, New York - In a story April 6, The Associated Press reported that Lyme disease affects about 30,000 people annually, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The agency says that while 30,000 cases are officially reported annually, the number of Americans infected each year is estimated at around 300,000, based on preliminary results of three ongoing studies.
A vivid and delightful animated spectacle, "Rio 2" is chock-full of colorful 3-D wonder and jubilant musical numbers set against a tale of family dynamics and environmental dilemmas.