- AP Interview: Saudi prince unveils plans to welcome tourists Updated: Apr-26-16 2:32 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Saudi Arabia has plans to issue select visas to welcome tens of thousands of tourists a year as part of a sweeping national reform plan aimed at showcasing the country's rich heritage, including pre-Islamic sites, and encouraging Saudis to spend some of their tourist money at home.
- Thick crowds of sunrise watchers pose risk at Haleakala Updated: Apr-24-16 1:55 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - The National Park Service wants to manage safety and resource protection concerns as growing crowds of people compete for space to watch the sunrise at the Haleakala summit.
- Mexican volcano spews ash on nearby towns Updated: Apr-18-16 1:00 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico's Popocatepetl volcano has seen a dramatic overnight explosion that sent ash blowing over the major city of Puebla directly to the east, forcing closure of the city's airport.
- The Latest: Toyota says quakes to force production stoppages Updated: Apr-17-16 4:36 am
ASO, Japan - The latest on the earthquakes in Japan (all times local):
- Lower-level eruption reported at remote Alaska volcano Updated: Apr-16-16 6:51 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Scientists have raised the threat level of Alaska's Cleveland Volcano from yellow to orange after detecting a lower-level eruption late Saturday morning.
- Alaska volcano settles down after late March eruption Updated: Apr-06-16 4:20 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A remote Alaska volcano has settled down more than a week after it sent an ash cloud 37,000 feet into the sky.
- Ridge Runner train ready to take tours through the mountains Updated: Apr-02-16 12:23 pm
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - The Ridge Runner is moving full steam ahead on another season of taking area residents and tourists on scenic mountain rides.
- The Latest: Alaska volcano no longer spewing big ash cloud Updated: Mar-30-16 5:38 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The Latest on eruptions at Alaska's Pavlof Volcano (all times local):